• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Well?

• You are crazy. It's the best apple.

Votes: 54 15.5%
  • You are right. It's the worst kind of apple.

Votes: 294 84.5%

• Total voters

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
You're all insane. I grew up in orchard country and trust me, it's an above average apple at worst.

Permaban me from this place. I can't be on a forum with such politically radical people.

I also grew up in orchard country and it's why I can't stand them.
I now have problems with supermaket apples in general, but Red Delicious taste like crap fresh off the tree!

...also noticed this past fall that the orchard we went to had re-named them "Red Chief". I can only assume to avoid the stigma and trick people into buying them. Anyone else come across this?

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Yes they're chalky and bland. Always thought I hated apples because red delicious was all we ever bought when I was a kid.

Discovered honeycrisp as a kid and totally fell in love

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
If you ever get a chance to try a Cosmic Crisp apple, you should. Red Delicious are awful mealy garbage.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
We usually buy Rubinette, available at any farmer's market. Oddly it is a crossbreed involving a Golden Delicious but it's still ugly and tasty.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
it was only in past few years that i actually realized just how many damn different apples there are. its out right ridiculous. i cant (read: wont) try them all. but ive been buying honeycrisp for the house. cant speak on delicious red because i dont even remember the last time i had one.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
Red prince are my current go to. I find red delicious and honey crisp are more hit or miss. Macintosh are gross.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
You're all insane. I grew up in orchard country and trust me, it's an above average apple at worst.

Permaban me from this place. I can't be on a forum with such politically radical people.
The internet has made us so stupid collectively that people don't know how to write or talk anymore without using absolutes.

If something is not your favorite or the absolute best it has to be the worst.

TylerD

Oct 25, 2017
Fuji is my favorite and the Envy apples I had a couple of years ago were great too. My favorite varieties are sweet and crisp apples. No mealy mushy or sour apples please!

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
If you ever get a chance to try a Cosmic Crisp apple, you should. Red Delicious are awful mealy garbage.

Cosmic Crisp is god tier. Food science has made the best apple ever. They keep forever, taste tart and sweet at the same time. I like in WA and have been exclusively buying them over anything else because of just how much better they are than even Braeburns or Honeycrisps, my previous favorite.

Red Delicious is like green peppers-just a much worse version of other products sitting next to it in grocery stores, with the only benefit being they are slightly cheaper.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
They are not delicious at all (though they are red).

Honeycrisp, Gala, Fuji are my favorite (in that order).

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Not real educated what different apples are called but I guess Granny smith for me, I like green tart apples.

Worst apples are those dry ones with the weird inside texture that is almost sandy.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
Granny Smith for sure is the worst.
Either honey crisp or Fuji for the best apple

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, OP, you are right, followed somewhere by granny smith.

honeycrisp is my favorite to eat. I like Fuji apples but they're not native / grown normally around me, and we're in a big apple zone so I go for the local ones usually. And Courtland for baking.

RiZ IV

Oct 27, 2017
Yes indeed. I only realized that recently when my wife brought home gala apples instead. I was like, wait you brought the wrong kind of apples! Then I tried it and realized I had been eating cardboard all these years.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I'm sure there are situations in which a Red Delicious can live up to its name, but if I'm buying fruit at a grocery store practically any other type of apple is more likely to not be a mealy mess than a Red Delicious.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gala is the gold standard (Honeycrisp ain't bad though).
Grany smith rules the baking world.

And Red delicious is indeed the worst...

I love Jonathan, but can't seem to find them anywhere.

DickGrayson

Alt Account
Jan 30, 2020
Red Delicious are terrible, only good for decoration.

Kanzi is where it's at these days mmh mmh

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Yeah, its the boring apple. I like it better than granny smiths, though.

Yu Kigono

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite by a wide margin are Zestars, but its difficult to get them any other time than the fall. Other times of year, Jonagolds or Pink Ladys will suffice.

Dot-N-Run

Oct 27, 2017
Are these those deep red applies that look nice but are disappointing when you actually bite into them?

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like red delicious apples.

Pink lady, honeycrisp, and granny Smith are my go tos. But there is a new one out there, rave apples, and they are the best. It's a crossbreed of honeycrisp and something else and it's so good.

So all you pink lady and honeycrisp people, try the rave apple, you won't regret it.