Status
Not open for further replies.

nillansan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denmark
I can't wait to try this out on my iPad Pro, but is it true that it won't be available until the end of the month given that iPadOS isn't coming out until the 30th? I apologise for what is likely a stupid question.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Are there a number of games on there that don't have on-screen buttons/would be better with controller? I'm only in for stuff like Hoplite/Card Crawl that work brilliantly with regular swipes/taps, and I'm hoping there's enough on there.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Neo Cab is really good. Only like an hour in but good characters, good conversations, good vibes. The emotion tracking mechanic is really neat.

I like so many good games on this service already and I've only played like five. lol

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
sneaky sasquatch character looks cute

q277G2x.jpg

Feb 15, 2018
Looks like a good service. I have an Ipad Pro (the old Pro, 9.7" screen version). Would this be capable of playing these games? Will iOS 13 even run on it? Its only about 3 years old, but thats ancient in tech terms.....

Nov 19, 2017
Joined the Beta because I'm impatient and wanted to try this early and I'm really impressed by the quality of the games. For anyone burnt out on gacha and ad filled games I suggest giving this a go.

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how well these games will run on my Macbook Air 2018.
Are all Games available on all Apple platforms or are some only iOS?

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
So what's the song on the main menu of sayonara and where can I listen to it for days on end?

superpretend

Oct 26, 2017
Did you get to
the actual Katamari parody level yet?

Yes! All the parody levels are fantastic. I also love how the two 'alternate' stages of each level are different/compelling enough to make me want to do them all.

I've been playing the game with a massive smile on my face the entire whole time. The theme song is ridiculously catchy as well.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Fuck it. I'm installing the beta for IOS 13 and iPAD OS.

I ALMOST made it to release date. Almost...

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The new Capy game, Grindstone, is a lot of fun. Good puzzle game. Though it really feels like it could have been conceived as yet another MTX-heavy match game, but obviously all of that is non-existent here. Just has those trappings without the BS.

AM_LIGHT

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's annoying i have to wait until the 30th for iPad OS to drop so I can use controllers on my iPad pro . Why they didn't release it simultaneously with IOS13 i just bizzare.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018
So will this work on Ipad on the 19th? Or does the diverging OS thats happening around this time mean it will only be useable on Iphones on launch day (unless you do workarounds)?

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I like that they invest in smaller stuff like Shantae, but I don't think I will ever get the service.
Wasn't it that they paid the devs on how much time their games are played.
There was the fear that it would affect gamedesign by bloating the games with carrots on stick that make you come back each day to get your rewards.

Oof. Sounds bad for the little guys. Do they get anything upfront?

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So will this work on Ipad on the 19th? Or does the diverging OS thats happening around this time mean it will only be useable on Iphones on launch day (unless you do workarounds)?

It comes with iOS 13 and iPadOS 13. For iOS that's the 19th. For iPadOS that's the 30th. If you are in the beta for either than you can start early. Otherwise that's what you're waiting for.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I've got an old iPhone 5 that is on its last legs, I'm kinda tempted to upgrade what with this service sounding pretty awesome. What's a good phone (or iPad) to go with that is fairly cheep but could run ios13?

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
The cheaper the better (lol) because I don't tend to tons of mobile gaming, I've not got a new phone in years, so I've no idea what the going price for refurbed etc. phones these days.
Look up what devices support iOS 13 or iPad OS (depending which device you'd prefer) and just buy a used older one. E.g. used iPhone 7 or something.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The cheaper the better (lol) because I don't tend to tons of mobile gaming, I've not got a new phone in years, so I've no idea what the going price for refurbed etc. phones these days.

In that case, look for at least an iPhone 7, which are usually going around $200 or so used.

(A 6S will technically work, but the newer GPU in the 7 will be better for Apple Arcade and the price difference isn't that big.)

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
In that case, look for at least an iPhone 7, which are usually going around $200 or so used.

(A 6S will technically work, but the newer GPUI in the 7 will be better for Apple Arcade and the price difference isn't that big.)

Look up what devices support iOS 13 or iPad OS (depending which device you'd prefer) and just buy a used older one. E.g. used iPhone 7 or something.
Cool. That was what I was planning to do (iPhone 7). Thanks :)

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who currently owns no apple devices, is this service worth it to buy an Apple TV just for it?

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
As someone who currently owns no apple devices, is this service worth it to buy an Apple TV just for it?
I guess like most gaming platforms it depends on whether it has content you want or not. I'd wait at least until launch to see the full offerings (or even later to see more additions) then decide. Some of the stuff you want might just get ported to other platforms as well.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Okay. Installed the 13.1 beta.

Beta itself doesn't seem super stable (had like two apps crashing and Messenger is acting up).

But Arcade looks amazing. So many great looking games. It's a bit overwhelming. I don't know if they are good games but they look good.

Overland I'll probably only play on my iPad due to the size (will update do iPadOS today) but some of the games seem more phone based and others better on bigger screens.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
The only real reason this works for me is thanks to controller support. Sure there's some great games that work well with touch controls but it would hold the service back big time in the variation the service offers.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
This has worked out really well for me. For the iPad I have a good selection of games with controller support, and for the phone I have a selection of touch games with the HUGE reassurance I never have to pay or be pushed towards microtransacatios or have to be connected to the internet.

It won't do anything to sway the people who are firmly "lol mobile games" but this is wonderful for people like me who enjoy the platform but can rarely be bothered to navigate through the AppStore to find games that aren't designed to inconvenience me out of my money or data.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Tried out the service for a short time last night on an iPad Air 2.

I like the concept of Mini Motorways, but I didn't get along with the controls. It felt like "road building mode" was too zoomed in, so you couldn't see where you were building the roads towards. I always felt like I wanted the view to be way more zoomed out for ease of building, and pinch to zoom didn't seem to work. Going to try it again tonight, maybe I was missing something obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.