Status
Not open for further replies.

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
I'm finding that a lot of games DO support controller even if it says they don't. Have been playing Sneaky Sasquatch and Sayonara Wildhearts with my Gamevice (MFI) controller and it works perfectly with my XS Max.

Last edited:

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm finding that a lot of games DO support controller even if it says they don't. Have been playing Sneaky Sasquatch and Sayonara Wildhearts with my Gamevice (MFI) controller and it works perfectly with my XS Max.
I'm seeing that too, and it's super annoying. Controller support is pretty much the dealbreaker for if I try a game or not, so you'd think devs would want to make that super clear

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone compared performance between XR and Xs yet? I'm curious if the display resolution matters in this case.

SUPRVLLAN

Oct 29, 2017
The overwhelmingly positive response to Apple Arcade has proved that the problem with mobile games reaching core gamers has always been the business model, not the platform.

There's no way not to sound hyperbolic saying this, but I don't think anything has ever legitimised mobile gaming to this extent. Great games have always been there, but absolutely buried by exploitative trash.

Agreed!

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
hm, I thought the Grindstone release notes mentioned some sort of "Jump" button that would bring you to the last played level but apparently not (granted, they used a terrible MT engine or some scam translator for the German description lol). Guess I need to contact the devs about that, it gets really annoying starting out at the very bottom of the map each time you launch the app.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
They actually nerfed one of my most used items in Grindstone. Only two uses on the jumpy potion now instead of three.
hm, I thought the Grindstone release notes mentioned some sort of "Jump" button that would bring you to the last played level but apparently not (granted, they used a terrible MT engine or some scam translator for the German description lol). Guess I need to contact the devs about that, it gets really annoying starting out at the very bottom of the map each time you launch the app.
That was bugging me too since I thought they'd fixed that. I'm not sure if I misunderstood what it was supposed to be though.

Last edited:

jordn613

Oct 25, 2017
Just ordered an Xbox One wireless controller on Amazon for $43. Is that one compatible with Apple/iOS13? I feel like I saw some people saying they had a version of the control that only works on PC?

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Just ordered an Xbox One wireless controller on Amazon for $43. Is that one compatible with Apple/iOS13? I feel like I saw some people saying they had a version of the control that only works on PC?

The original XBOX One controllers and the Original XBOX One Elite controller do not have Bluetooth support and wouldn't work. The XBOX One S Controller (probably what you got) and the upcoming Elite 2 both have Bluetooth and will work.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Regarding the new 'jump to last level' button in Grindstone....it's actually there.
If you start scrolling upwards...you will notice a new Jorji button on the top...tap it and bam! last level.
(took me a while to realize too).

Also noticed the nerf on the jump potion, lol.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Im in urgent need of a bigger screen since i moved to London and only have an iPhone 8 and a very old computer that heats very fast. No tv, no PS4... only an iPhone and a DualShock 4.
So im looking at in iPad (i wanted a new iPhone but cant deal with the notch, and i hear next year notch will be tiny, so im going to hold on and wait for that and 5G) and the Pro 11" seems perfect. Anyone that has that iPad? How is your experience? Since is from
2018 and i dont really know iPads

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Im in urgent need of a bigger screen since i moved to London and only have an iPhone 8 and a very old computer that heats very fast. No tv, no PS4... only an iPhone and a DualShock 4.
So im looking at in iPad (i wanted a new iPhone but cant deal with the notch, and i hear next year notch will be tiny, so im going to hold on and wait for that and 5G) and the Pro 11" seems perfect. Anyone that has that iPad? How is your experience? Since is from
It's a tough call now. A new iPad Pro or new Apple TV could happen anytime soon.
If you have the money to spend, just wait it out. If you need something cheap, the latest iPad is super cheap and decent with a10. Or go for iPad mini which has an a12 chip.

Oct 27, 2017
Columbus, OH
General consensus is if it's in your budget and you don't need the absolute biggest screen possible for drawing or editing the 11" Pro is the one to get.

EDIT: Cue "ResetEra" gif

ascagnel

Mar 29, 2018

If you can hold off a few weeks, do so (just in case Apple has an October event and refreshes the hardware). I have a 2018 11" iPad Pro, and it's one of my all-time favorite computing devices (I'm also all-in on Apple stuff, outside of the PS4 and needing to rebuild my gaming PC at some point).

My only complaint is that I sometimes wish I had gotten the big iPad Pro, but I'm okay with the smaller device given the trade-off in portability.

Sep 24, 2019
I am loving Apple Arcade on my XS Max. My Dualshock 4 works perfectly for Oceanhorn 2 and Sayonara Wild Hearts. Other games are much better suited to touch controls like What the Golf? and Assemble with Care.

This is a service I can see myself sticking with for a long time.

infiniteloop

Oct 25, 2017
put an OT up:
www.resetera.com

Apple Arcade |OT| Here's to the Gaming Ones

What is Apple Arcade? Apple Arcade is a gaming subscription service for iOS, iPadOS, macOS, and tvOS that will feature more than 100 “new and exclusive” games. Apple Arcade games will have no in-app purchases, are downloadable for offline play, and can be played across the iPhone, iPad, Mac...

mods can delete if they feel it unnecessary

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
It's a tough call now. A new iPad Pro or new Apple TV could happen anytime soon.
If you have the money to spend, just wait it out. If you need something cheap, the latest iPad is super cheap and decent with a10. Or go for iPad mini which has an a12 chip..

If you can hold off a few weeks, do so (just in case Apple has an October event and refreshes the hardware). I have a 2018 11" iPad Pro, and it's one of my all-time favorite computing devices (I'm also all-in on Apple stuff, outside of the PS4 and needing to rebuild my gaming PC at some point).

My only complaint is that I sometimes wish I had gotten the big iPad Pro, but I'm okay with the smaller device given the trade-off in portability.
General consensus is if it's in your budget and you don't need the absolute biggest screen possible for drawing or editing the 11" Pro is the one to get.

EDIT: Cue "ResetEra" gif

thanks very much for the info, and for your comments, and like you say, i will hold for a few weeks to see if they announce and see after even though there is an offer that saves me 320£ from the regular price. I can hold it. I have patience. I can wait. I have patience (trying to convince myself lol)[/QUOTE]

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt the notch will get smaller next year. If anything, next year's pro line will get actual pro features like reverse wireless charging, USB C, and a 120hz display. The notch is an iconic asset now.

Also, after using the phone for legit a day you won't notice it.

Imur

Jan 4, 2018
With TV and iPad OS13 finally out it's time for me to jump in. Is there a list or something which of the recommended games are better with touch? I would only play them on iPad and everything else on TV.

Last edited:

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
So do most of the games require a controller to have decent controls? If so, I'll pass as I don't see any value in hooking up my DS4 to an iPad. In that case, I'd rather be playing on PS4, PC, or Switch with a large screen. IPad is really only for reading manga and light gaming in bed.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Man, I think Apple has a winner on their hands with arcade. So many great games for me right from the start and being able to play them across iPhone/ iPad/ Apple TV is just amazing.
I think now we will see more frequent updates to Apple TV hardware as the games will get more demanding. I guess next year, while iPhones/ iPads will get the a14, Apple will give us at the the a12x along with 128/256gb options.

u_neek

Oct 28, 2017
Tried a few games out with a DualShock on my Apple TV 4K and they all ran smoothly. I'm really liking this service.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
So I got whatthegolf. What other games should I get guys? I heard Patrick mention a couple but I forgot them :-(

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
Is this out for Macbook Pro's? I have seen people use arcade with macbook's but when i go to find it it doesnt exist.. Is it a US thing only cause im in Canada, or is Arcade just not available yet for macbook pro's? And can you use a xbox controller with the macbooks?

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Is this out for Macbook Pro's? I have seen people use arcade with macbook's but when i go to find it it doesnt exist.. Is it a US thing only cause im in Canada, or is Arcade just not available yet for macbook pro's? And can you use a xbox controller with the macbooks?

Arcade for Mac comes out in october. Dont know anything more. Just a vague release window

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
So I got whatthegolf. What other games should I get guys? I heard Patrick mention a couple but I forgot them :-(
Tangle Tower, Assemble With Care and Neo Cab if you want stories.

Way of the Turtle is a better runner than Rayman.

Shantae is a decent Metroid.

Cat Quest 2 if you want an action rpg.

Cricket Through the Ages but only if you have someone to play with. The joke isnt funny without a partner!

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Tangle Tower, Assemble With Care and Neo Cab if you want stories.

Way of the Turtle is a better runner than Rayman.

Shantae is a decent Metroid.

Cat Quest 2 if you want an action rpg.

Cricket Through the Ages but only if you have someone to play with. The joke isnt funny without a partner!
Thanks I got Wildhearts too

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
I have the 11" Pro and it's wonderful. But they might release an update in October or November, hold out for that.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
I doubt the notch will get smaller next year. If anything, next year's pro line will get actual pro features like reverse wireless charging, USB C, and a 120hz display. The notch is an iconic asset now.

Also, after using the phone for legit a day you won't notice it.

i really hope they remove the notch lol or at least shrink it. They say is needed for FaceID but then the iPad Pro 2018 doesnt have notch and has FaceID....
I have the 11" Pro and it's wonderful. But they might release an update in October or November, hold out for that.

Yeah, im going to wait a few weeks and see what they have. In the mean time i got a Phone Clip to hold my iPhone to my DS4 and try and have patience, even with a 312£ discount on the iPad Pro 11

ascagnel

Mar 29, 2018
i really hope they remove the notch lol or at least shrink it. They say is needed for FaceID but then the iPad Pro 2018 doesnt have notch and has FaceID....

The iPad Pro has a noticeably thicker bezel instead of the notch. I don't mind the notch on the phone -- the vast majority of the time, the "ears" on either side of the notch are displaying the time and the signal strength/battery, instead of taking up part of the main screen.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, im going to wait a few weeks and see what they have. In the mean time i got a Phone Clip to hold my iPhone to my DS4 and try and have patience, even with a 312£ discount on the iPad Pro 11
With that big of a discount, the current Pro might be worth it. Seems unlikely the new one will be much more than a spec bump.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
With that big of a discount, the current Pro might be worth it. Seems unlikely the new one will be much more than a spec bump.

i been hearing that it will come with 3D camera and all the bells and whistles from the iPhone 11 and Pro (three cameras and all) but honestly, i want it to play Apple Arcade on a bigger screen and fully enjoy games like Oceanhorn 2, Shishenkai,... just for that

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
i been hearing that it will come with 3D camera and all the bells and whistles from the iPhone 11 and Pro (three cameras and all) but honestly, i want it to play Apple Arcade on a bigger screen and fully enjoy games like Oceanhorn 2, Shishenkai,... just for that
The iPad Pro already has the "3D camera" on the front for Face ID. It's the same set of sensors as the iPhone XR/XS.

I somewhat doubt they'll put the three cameras on the back. The iPad is not a photography device, and it has to be cheaper than an iPhone.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Discussion of Apple Arcade can now go in the OT

www.resetera.com

Apple Arcade |OT| Here's to the Gaming Ones

What is Apple Arcade? Apple Arcade is a gaming subscription service for iOS, iPadOS, macOS, and tvOS that will feature more than 100 “new and exclusive” games. Apple Arcade games will have no in-app purchases, are downloadable for offline play, and can be played across the iPhone, iPad, Mac...

Status
Not open for further replies.