• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I've only been playing Apex for 5 days and only managed 3 games this evening but I'm liking what I've seen of the map changes. Harvester is a cool area, had a great gun fight to end a match there.

Got 10k exp for 'first game of the day', is it just me or is that new? Don't remember getting so much the last few days.

Pulled a legendary skin and legendary crafting materials from the two packs I got from levelling up tho

It's an anniversary thing. You get 10k xp for your first match of the day, each day from (Feb 4, 2020 - Feb 11, 2020)

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Nice, its fairly big then. I was worried it was basically gonna be only for pushing into the next building and praying you can heal up before they come get you.

That thing is gonna be C L U T C H inside the cities. Place it in a building. Rush a team in the other building.
I guess it will be like the Wraith portal, though, that you could set up an ambush if you find another team's totem?

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I don't get to play as Revenant when I get home I'm switching to Caustic/Wattson because I think trapping other people totems will be hilarious. If you come back with only 1 HP health you will be auto downed lmao.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Over all, I love the addition of Revenant's vibe in this game. Much more so than Crypto. The fact that he's incredibly good at crouch sneaking and climbing will make him a serious threat once people get used to him. I do not know how I feel about the map changes ATM. When they added the changes to KC I was on board almost immediately but these lava rifts really fuck with the traversal of the map.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
if that's the level 2 one i might have the level 3 one? looks like that but with stars on the top 3 points and kinda triangle like frills coming from the top point. what does the text underneath yours say?

Mine says "First Month Player" which fits, since I started playing the game three weeks after release? I suppose the level 1 badge is just "First Year Player" but I'd need someone to confirm.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
Can we talk about Revenant's crouch walk speed being the same as his normal walk speed? It seems crazy good to me.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Got a rev win already. His crouch perk is actually super nice, you can heal and crouch to go pretty damn fast.

Mine says "First Month Player" which fits, since I started playing the game three weeks after release? I suppose the level 1 badge is just "First Year Player" but I'd need someone to confirm.

Yeah, I have it and it says first week player. I played day 1.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Normal mode feels like competitive. My son and I were seeing at least 10 predator players dropping in and everywhere was looted, even the outside areas....

The final 10 was a camp fest. Felt so weird.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
First game, random leader flew right into the Harvester beam, squad wipe. I hate people soooooooo much.

Is anyone else's Daily Challenges bugged? It still shows the three I completed on Saturday or Sunday as completed, added only one more, and has no timer to reset.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Can we talk about Revenant's crouch walk speed being the same as his normal walk speed? It seems crazy good to me.

It's gonna be a huge point of contention once people realize how OP it is. If you can't hear him approaching (forget about the already existing audio issues with this btw) then he will be considered super OP with a peacekeeper or R99 close range.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Game is super buged on Xbox One now... holy shit.

I am on one X and especially in the new areas frame rate tanks. Also, when you open a care package, it takes half a second for the loot to spawn.

And one other one - if you try to pick up an item and your slots are full, it doesn't show "full" on the UI.

Hopefully we get a patch.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
Played a round, then realised it's Midnight so I am far too tired to be playing FPS games. Looking forward to giving it a proper go tomorrow.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have yet to play him but tbh the death totem doesn't seem that powerful. You will need to have medkits on hand for it to be useful. If you play rev you should always carry extra. I feel like my squad always runs out of health shit too. I assume you can loot after toteming? Would be a good way to quicky go in to a spicy fight and loot and get out. Good way to scout the vault too. I just think more people will find a way to counter the totem more than anything else.

The big thing with his kit would be to knock out out legend abilities before a fight + speedy sneaking. A wraith or pathfinder not being able to dip is big. I assume it will extend to gibby's gun shield too.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
you can shoot at the death totem also.

edit: oh wait,no you can't.

Last edited:

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I have yet to play him but tbh the death totem doesn't seem that powerful. You will need to have medkits on hand for it to be useful. If you play rev you should always carry extra. I feel like my squad always runs out of health shit too. I assume you can loot after toteming? Would be a good way to quicky go in to a spicy fight and loot and get out. Good way to scout the vault too. I just think more people will find a way to counter the totem more than anything else.

The big thing with his kit would be to knock out out legend abilities before a fight + speedy sneaking. A wraith or pathfinder not being able to dip is big. I assume it will extend to gibby's gun shield too.
Yeah, if he gets the drop on somebody (and with quick sneaking and better climbing it's more than likely) and uses his active on somebody, it definitely swings things in his favor.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Revenant is kinda strange. Strong aspects but the totem is so different it's hard to say if it's good at the moment. I downed a guy after being sent back to it cause I downed behind him. It can totally confuse a team where you went but I don't like the health only deplete aspect for you to be downed. Is it really useful if your at full shields and no health on revive? It has to be a well placed totem so you can use a med kit for sure. Also don't touch that totem with low or no sheilds since you can't use cells or a battery in shadow mode, cause if you die you will also not have shields on the revive!

I got a win with him and his climbing, crouch speed and silent bomb is nice though. I can see his ult combo with a wraith portal behind it being good to drop back further if needed.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
not gonna lie, my hype has been deflated a bit for the season after having miserable game after miserable game to start off. it's definitely a mistake to dip your toes into ranked atm as no one's settled into a proper rank yet - so we were getting put into lobbies that were full of season 3 diamonds and preds, trails everywhere.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Revenant is a cool character but his abilities kinda suck. The fact that you only have 100 health during the ult makes it very underwhelming and disabling abilities with the tactical doesn't seem to be a game changer. Would you rather have that or be able to phase or grapple?

People were telling me I didn't know how to play him when I said Crypto sucked when he came out. I'm unfortunately probably right again.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I can't seem to buy more coins in the PS store to buy the battle pass. It's giving me all sorts of errors.

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
Just played the game for the first time in at least ten months, got a kill and three downs, and won my first match. It is all downhill from here.

edit: won my fourth match. I was Bloodhound and got a 6x sniper off the bat and was marking people and activity. Never got this lucky when I played at launch.

Last edited:

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Sentinel sound design is top-notch, one of the most satisfying sniper sounds in recent memory, and the Disruptor shot sounds absolutely brutal.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Back-to-back wins with randoms, my first wins in a month or so, and i got the final kill shot on both. I always do best at the beginning of the season when everyone's still running around like chickens lol

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The sentinel feels good to use. Like a satisfying feel of landing a Kraber shot. Part of me wishes you can cycle in a bullet faster tho.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Revenant is a cool character but his abilities kinda suck. The fact that you only have 100 health during the ult makes it very underwhelming and disabling abilities with the tactical doesn't seem to be a game changer. Would you rather have that or be able to phase or grapple?

People were telling me I didn't know how to play him when I said Crypto sucked when he came out. I'm unfortunately probably right again.

I said something similar. It's not enough to shake up the already established comps since...s1 imo.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Woohoo, first win of S4 just three games in. Amazing what a solid teammate can do. I went 5/ 1350 and he went 8/1500. It was enough to carry our third man who went 1/400.

Revenant seems cool. I love the faster crouching speed.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I haven't touched the L-Star in months, but it could end up being one of my most used weapons this season. Really liking the changes they've made to it.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Someone with faster strafing speed as a passive would probably be enough for me to move from Lifeline I think. As of now? staying faithful.

Status
Not open for further replies.