• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Big play session. Couple thoughts.

Map changes are ok. I don't feel too strongly about them either way. I do think the harvester helps orient me more.

Sentinel... meh. I'm on console and I don't really know why you wouldn't just use a longbow. Shield Batteries are precious and the charge up time is so long for a short window where its still hard to hit. I'd love to know more about travel times and bullet drop but tbh I more or less avoided it after a couple rounds. It fired too slow to effectively down someone. I think you should be able to consume a normal shield cell for a quick shot. I mean like very quick. Short charge up time, less than 3 seconds of active time. Should be only good for one shot. Great if you see someone sniping out in the open and want to take a quick powerful shot at them.

Revenant was a huge dud. His passive is great and.... thats about it. His tactical is very niche but abilities don't play as big a role in fights in this game as they do in Overwatch where getting EMP'd or hacked is a death sentence. I also thought it did DoT? In training mode it only did 10 damage initial. Will it block abilities within its radius when active? Couldn't tell. His ult is just a massive dud. In all my time playing I only saw it work well ONCE. And it was because a shadow'd squad rushed us as we were getting pinched by another squad as the last 3 squads remaining. To be honest I don't even know if they ended up winning the game.

To me there are a couple issues.
1. It's range is too small. If you kill a shadow you can easily make it to where their totem is (if you know where it is) to kill before they heal.
2. It essentially requires you to stock up on med packs which are not always plentiful.
3. The entire premise is it lets you have 2 weak pushes instead of 1 strong one. The fact that you rush in with 100hp and then respawn back with only your shields is rough.

I have a couple ideas on how to make Revenant more viable.
1. For his tactical, make it shoot further. Feels like a close range lob currently. Make it do DoT if you get stuck in it comparable to a fire grenade. DoT goes away after you leave it. Increase its radius a bit. Put an effect on enemies that are silenced.

2. For his ult, increase its range. Nothing is worse than putting a totem on and the building you rush is outside the range. I'd love if you could SEE the range (maybe in map, or just a big transparent dome when you are trying to place.)

Make it so the shadows are faster and can do the infinite climb. Something around bloodhound ult speed.

When you die, if the totem is still active have it act as a heal. Right now you can't re-use it after you've used it once so have it act as a heal over time if next to it. That way you aren't forced to stock up on health kits to make the damn thing viable. If you want to heal to 100% quicker than use a med pack.

Other notes:

Friendship with R99 ended. Now Prowler is my best friend. Seriously, this thing fucking SHREDS and I don't even use the selectfire on it. I've 1 v 3'd people with it. I love it.
Havoc balance feels just right.
L-Star feels perfect

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd use the L Star more if the red muzzle flash wasn't as crazy bright as it is. It messes with my aim in the heat of the moment.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
It may be just a placebo but in solo queues, if a team mate does a drop emote, it normally means he's awake and is at least going to attempt to help. It's always a bad sign when they both do nothing.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How often do dailies reset? I'm pretty sure I got two different sets yesterday, and this morning I have a new one. The second set late last night showed the timer of 6hrs, and now I'm seeing a more realistic 17hrs. Did the season change mess with it yesterday, or am I crazy?

OmegaSkittle

Apr 25, 2018
How often do dailies reset? I'm pretty sure I got two different sets yesterday, and this morning I have a new one. The second set late last night showed the timer of 6hrs, and now I'm seeing a more realistic 17hrs. Did the season change mess with it yesterday, or am I crazy?

The season change-over bugged out Daily Challenges for some people. I had 1 already completed when I logged in. A buddy of mine had 2 of his complete and he hadn't played the game since Sunday

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Looks like the developers still haven`t fixed the punching bug. Every time I`m shooting with the Peacekeeper or the L-Star at an enemy, my character interrupts and punches. It´s so annoying, both weapons are effectively useless to me.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Big play session. Couple thoughts.

Map changes are ok. I don't feel too strongly about them either way. I do think the harvester helps orient me more.

Sentinel... meh. I'm on console and I don't really know why you wouldn't just use a longbow. Shield Batteries are precious and the charge up time is so long for a short window where its still hard to hit. I'd love to know more about travel times and bullet drop but tbh I more or less avoided it after a couple rounds. It fired too slow to effectively down someone. I think you should be able to consume a normal shield cell for a quick shot. I mean like very quick. Short charge up time, less than 3 seconds of active time. Should be only good for one shot. Great if you see someone sniping out in the open and want to take a quick powerful shot at them.

Revenant was a huge dud. His passive is great and.... thats about it. His tactical is very niche but abilities don't play as big a role in fights in this game as they do in Overwatch where getting EMP'd or hacked is a death sentence. I also thought it did DoT? In training mode it only did 10 damage initial. Will it block abilities within its radius when active? Couldn't tell. His ult is just a massive dud. In all my time playing I only saw it work well ONCE. And it was because a shadow'd squad rushed us as we were getting pinched by another squad as the last 3 squads remaining. To be honest I don't even know if they ended up winning the game.

To me there are a couple issues.
1. It's range is too small. If you kill a shadow you can easily make it to where their totem is (if you know where it is) to kill before they heal.
2. It essentially requires you to stock up on med packs which are not always plentiful.
3. The entire premise is it lets you have 2 weak pushes instead of 1 strong one. The fact that you rush in with 100hp and then respawn back with only your shields is rough.

I have a couple ideas on how to make Revenant more viable.
1. For his tactical, make it shoot further. Feels like a close range lob currently. Make it do DoT if you get stuck in it comparable to a fire grenade. DoT goes away after you leave it. Increase its radius a bit. Put an effect on enemies that are silenced.

2. For his ult, increase its range. Nothing is worse than putting a totem on and the building you rush is outside the range. I'd love if you could SEE the range (maybe in map, or just a big transparent dome when you are trying to place.)

Make it so the shadows are faster and can do the infinite climb. Something around bloodhound ult speed.

When you die, if the totem is still active have it act as a heal. Right now you can't re-use it after you've used it once so have it act as a heal over time if next to it. That way you aren't forced to stock up on health kits to make the damn thing viable. If you want to heal to 100% quicker than use a med pack.

Other notes:

Friendship with R99 ended. Now Prowler is my best friend. Seriously, this thing fucking SHREDS and I don't even use the selectfire on it. I've 1 v 3'd people with it. I love it.
Havoc balance feels just right.
L-Star feels perfect

The range on his ult is definitely too short, especially as people learn to play against him better.

As far as I'm concerned, Sentinel is DOA. No point to use it over Longbow with the shield battery requirement. Teammates are also more greedy with shield batteries now, as they hoard them for Sentinel.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Sentinel looks cool, has cool animations and sounds awesome, but at the end of the day is a crappier Longbow.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like the developers still haven`t fixed the punching bug. Every time I`m shooting with the Peacekeeper or the L-Star at an enemy, my character interrupts and punches. It´s so annoying, both weapons are effectively useless to me.

Easiest way to fix is to change the button set up. There is a pre-set option that swaps crouch and punch, I can't recall the name of it at the moment. It may take a few days to get used to but it's well worth it. I use crouch way more this way and it's easier to toggle the crouch as well. If you inadvertantly crouch in a gun fight it's really not that bad compared to a punch animation.

I got the Gibraltar ult challenge week one.. Not even close to the nightmare it was last season. Think I got three kills with it and actually got three wins with him in a row last night. He's just deadly at this point with how they have tweaked all his abilities.

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
I've about to have enough to unlock 1 new character - who should I get out of Caustic (yeah still don't have him), Wattson, Crypto or Revenant?

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
That the G7 Scout is no longer considered a sniper rifle is probably the biggest thing I need to relearn this season.

"WHY WON'T IT ATTACH THE SNIPER STOCK?? Oh. Right."

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I've about to have enough to unlock 1 new character - who should I get out of Caustic (yeah still don't have him), Wattson, Crypto or Revenant?

I think you'll get a variety of answers and none would be incorrect. It really depends on what you like and enjoy. As you could see earlier in this page it can all be debatable especially with that list you provided. You can see success with any of them and they can all be viable in matches; however in the end you should look for one that attracts you either ability, personality and style wise. Look for one you feel you would have the most fun playing.

A big question to recommend would be what's your play style?

Wattson is probably the overall strongest on your list but in lower ranked and unranked her skills are not as important. If you plan to play ranked and go up the ladder she has been great in previous seasons. Caustic is fun especially playing with randoms when it's a night of hot drops. He can be very situational and certain areas of the map doesn't favor his skills at all. Crypto has nice team abilities but if you don't want to drone I don't recommend him (even though I like him). Revenant too new to really say but I'd probably skip him so you don't have to fight for picking him over the next few weeks. His skills are a little odd as well and may not give that immediate fun feel.

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
I think you'll get a variety of answers and none would be incorrect. It really depends on what you like and enjoy. As you could see earlier in this page it can all be debatable especially with that list you provided. You can see success with any of them and they can all be viable in matches; however in the end you should look for one that attracts you either ability, personality and style wise. Look for one you feel you would have the most fun playing.

A big question to recommend would be what's your play style?

Wattson is probably the overall strongest on your list but in lower ranked and unranked her skills are not as important. If you plan to play ranked and go up the ladder she has been great in previous seasons. Caustic is fun especially playing with randoms when it's a night of hot drops. He can be very situational and certain areas of the map doesn't favor his skills at all. Crypto has nice team abilities but if you don't want to drone I don't recommend him (even though I like him). Revenant too new to really say but I'd probably skip him so you don't have to fight for picking him over the next few weeks. His skills are a little odd as well and may not give that immediate fun feel.

Yeah I tend to play unranked, with randoms, and like rolling with Bangalore currently. The shiny new toy aspect was pushing me to Revenant, but maybe I'll finally give Casutic a shot.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I tend to play unranked, with randoms, and like rolling with Bangalore currently. The shiny new toy aspect was pushing me to Revenant, but maybe I'll finally give Casutic a shot.

He can be fun and can be played a little aggressively as well. Useful tip is to detonate your own traps when trying to hold off a team or even if you need to go for a revive like a bangalor smoke. It eliminates the opponents from shooting them down and keeps then from rushing. I also like using the traps on downed enemies. Almost like a safer way to thirst them.

He is a troll character in a way. I love leaving random traps behind rocks where the circle is closing. I've cought a few kills that way with people running low in the circle and just passing the entrance or rock it was hidden behind. He can get those random kills in firefights as well when teams are trying to escape to heal and hit a random trap.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, there's 4 dailies now and even the 1k point one counts towards the 5 and 10 daily challenges per week. That is a great change.

On my first day my dailies were glitched but today they appeared properly. The glitch also caused my battle pass to immediately level up twice so I started at BP level 3.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I think the new character choice comes down to play style. Do you play primarily with a legend who has an "escape" option, like Wraith, Bangalore, Gibraltar, Mirage? Or are you used to playing with no escape routes in fights? If you are, then you can go with anyone, but if you're really used to having a panic button legend mentioned above, Caustic would probably be the best option.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd appreciate if they stopped making their trailers so unrealistic. I took downed someone with a anvil flatline on a rooftop. Switched to auto, took a zipline over. Reticle was over his teammate. Going straight on.

Shots went anywhere but where I was aiming. Fuck off imo. I hate games that do that. If I'm in the air, or ziplining, or whatever, let my aim go where the thing is. Make the reticle sway or whatever to make it harder but if the red circle is on target so should my bullets.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Any packs you've bought will contain regular random items. The free packs you'd get on the BP are instantly converted to Metals, though.

Got it, forgot to do it on EA last night, changed today. Will try tonight.
That the G7 Scout is no longer considered a sniper rifle is probably the biggest thing I need to relearn this season.

"WHY WON'T IT ATTACH THE SNIPER STOCK?? Oh. Right."
This is a blessing and a curse.

Blessing - Light ammo
Curse - sharing other attachments.

That feel when you get a legendary in an apex pack and it turns out to be a banner.

And this is why I'm taking up residence in Belgium.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Revenant needs a buff. He's not game changing at all, which I felt like this game needed. The AOE of his tactical needs to be increased a little bit, and he should be able to infinitely climb walls in his shadow form. The range of his extended climbing abilities is not really all that impressive tbh.

I suck with Snipers in general so the Sentinel does nothing for me. Only one I enjoyed before it was nerfed to the ground was the Charge Rifle since it was a hit scan weapon, but now I hardly ever use it. It's reload animation takes forever and it has too little shots.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I started using Gibby and holy shit at all the battles I wouldn't have won with Lifeline. Lmao.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Respawn release stats a while ago that showed only 5% of community made it to Predator?

Which makes it ridiculous that myself (A player that can't get out of Plat) hasn't had one game this season where I haven't been in a lobby with at least one other full predator team!

Now, the game either deems me some sort of Pro that can regularly get wins, of I'm the most unlucky guy alive.
I had the same issue yesterday and I was only Silver. I have doubts from the closing line of their patch notes about skill based matching being on since launch because this isn't skill based at all. I shouldn't be thrown into matches with the Champ squad having Wake and Predator badges when I don't even have a 2k badge and was in Silver.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
I had the same issue yesterday and I was only Silver. I have doubts from the closing line of their patch notes about skill based matching being on since launch because this isn't skill based at all. I shouldn't be thrown into matches with the Champ squad having Wake and Predator badges when I don't even have a 2k badge and was in Silver.

I always feel like these issues pop up at the start of a season and resolve itself after a period of time.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I got in a game with BackoFFmyJanKz & Chicken9man yesterday. If you don't know who they are, they're YouTube content creators. Pros. Especially JanKz who is regarded as one of the best on PS4. Insane that we were even in a lobby with these predator gods.

My brother, nephew & I, we unknowingly got into a fight with their squad. I managed to kill Chicken and I got so excited to see my name in the kill feed, lol. JanKs though, that guy proceeded to wipe our whole squad with a Havoc. His aim is insane. All that to say: why tf were we in their lobby in the first place? Dang.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Yeah done with Revenant. Probably my least favorite legend so far. His aesthetic/personality is fun, but not at all helpful to the team. Very situational.

Hopefully he gets some buffs soon

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Easiest way to fix is to change the button set up. There is a pre-set option that swaps crouch and punch, I can't recall the name of it at the moment. It may take a few days to get used to but it's well worth it. I use crouch way more this way and it's easier to toggle the crouch as well. If you inadvertantly crouch in a gun fight it's really not that bad compared to a punch animation.

Going to try that out. Thanks!

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
I started using Gibby and holy shit at all the battles I wouldn't have won with Lifeline. Lmao.
I'm also a Lifeline main and have been experimenting with Gibby lately. I definitely play the support role on my squad and handle most of the revives. Gibby's dome with quick pick up has been great, plus there's the added bonus of his bombardment to keep enemies at bay. Just sucks that when I don't go Lifeline, we frequently have trouble finding meds and it ends up getting us killed. Guess it's just our bad luck, though.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
No in the right hands he's key and far from the worst. Frequent Intel and can aid in third partying like no other. Nobody looks for that drone once a battle starts. His Ult is easy to get off and sets you up to steamroll over opponents once it hits. Also late game he just helps you know where the enemies are as you plan your movements. Recently I also saw him a little more in higher level scrims after his buffs.

I'm used to playing echo in R6 and maybe that helps. The theory that crypto isn't in battles is totally incorrect. You just need to find cover and toggle in and out of the drone. It's so easy to toggle between drone mode and keep it moving. I send the drone forward and either catch up to it and repeat for Intel ahead or I'll hide it behind a choke point and when I get to far ahead if it's not picking up enemies sneaking behind you simply recall it all while continuously running with the group. With the right legend composition it's not a two person team as he drones. Hit his Ult hide drone and zip or wraith portal in for immediate action. The team is never at a disadvantage. Even if you don't make it into the battle with good teammates hitting the Ult can already shift a 2 vs 3 into your favor with their depleted shields. It's all about timing and coordinating the attack. I've not tested it but if he now gets assist from some of his abilities in ranked I could see him picked more. I thought I read that may be implemented this season. That was really a downfall last season basically hitting his ult, giving Intel for you to get no credit in the stats category.

I'm sure some folks get lost in the drone mode and put teams at a disadvantage. I can see people thinking he's cumbersome to use but he's pretty well designed in my opinion.

In high level pro play I feel teams don't know who to drop to pick up someone different. I'd be curious if they added a quad mode if we'd see more variety in team compositions since that last spot could add more utility while keeping the core play style the teams already have. You see plenty of times a strategy is used and it could have been easily countered by a legend not picked but it goes back to what legend would they drop to pick the counter.

That's a lot of words to say that Crypto is a legend that you need someone super skilled at to play, and god know 95% of the player-base are just averagely skilled, myself included. Which means that on average, Crypto will suck, and that's just a fact (no matter what anecdotal "I saw a good Crypto once in a blue moon" evidence people will bring), I don't know why we're even arguing over it here, this is ridiculous. I'll never be happy to see one on my team, even less so if I'm playing ranked, what a waste of a good spot for an actually useful legend! Also, bold of you to assume that the 5% of player who could play Crypto good because they're pro players, do not do so because they're too clueless to pick up a different legend than the ones they're used to? Well, that's a take. How about: they know the game better than the both of us combined, are pro at this, and know that Crypto sucks and will never use him at a Master/Apex Predator level. Because that's the tea. Pretty sure, should a legend truly have abilities pro-players find interesting enough to use, they will do so, overwhelmingly. That's what happened to Wattson when she replaced Lifeline in the meta back in S2. They're not daft.

But you're free to your opinion, I guess.
And I say that as someone who wanted to love Crypto, and actually love the character itself. Just his set of abilities, they're overall inconsequential and pale in comparison to what almost all other legends have to offer.

Last edited:

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Predator players are so good at tracking you, I ran through an entire building under the mirage ult and smoke and it didn't make a difference, guy chased me down and pinpointed my exact location. I might have aswell have been wearing Christmas lights and a police siren.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Are you on pc or something? I'm on ps4 and have never had this issue.
I`m on PS4.
That bug has been in the game since its release afaik. I didn`t encounter it on PC and Xbox back then, but since I switched to PS4 some months ago, my character keeps punching while using certain weapons.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It actually makes me mad how trash the Sentinel is because it's so fun to use. I hope it doesn't take them 2 months to buff the gun.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Well, I must have played over 50 games of the new season and the best I've done is 4th.

Hilariously I'm still getting lumped in with at least 3 predator teams in every game without fail.
Hopefully the game figures out I'm shit and puts me in games with my own skill level.

I wonder if the game starts the matchmaking at the start of each season which is why now I'm suddenly getting out in games with players that have far more skill than me?

Either way, I may be forced to give the game a rest for a few days until it all events out.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
I think the sentinel is fine. It's easy to use and really accurate with high bullet velocity. The battery mechanic is just a bonus to me. I think trading potential heals for extra shield damage would be a bad call under most conditions.

SEBattleship

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Well, I must have played over 50 games of the new season and the best I've done is 4th.

Hilariously I'm still getting lumped in with at least 3 predator teams in every game without fail.
Hopefully the game figures out I'm shit and puts me in games with my own skill level.

I wonder if the game starts the matchmaking at the start of each season which is why now I'm suddenly getting out in games with players that have far more skill than me?

Either way, I may be forced to give the game a rest for a few days until it all events out.

What are your stats? I'm average player with a 1.5 K/D and Diamond rank last season and I have never experienced this to the degree that you describe. Sure, I get the occasional super squad in my lobby but that's bound to happen every now and again.

Anecdotally, all the SBMM complaints last season did not ring true for me.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a lot of words to say that Crypto is a legend that you need someone super skilled to play at, and god know 95% of the player-base are just averagely skilled, myself included. Which means that on average, Crypto will suck, and that's just a fact (no matter what anecdotal "I saw a good Crypto once in a blue moon" evidence people will bring), I don't know why we're even arguing over it here, this is ridiculous. I'll never be happy to see one on my team, even less so if I'm playing ranked, what a waste of a good spot for an actually useful legend! Also, bold of you to assume that the 5% of player who could play Crypto good because they're pro players, do not do so because they're too clueless to pick up a different legend than the ones they're used to? Well, that's a take. How about: they know the game better than the both of us combined, are pro at this, and know that Crypto sucks and will never use him at an Apex Predator level. Because that's the tea. Pretty sure, should a legend truly have abilities pro-players find interesting enough to use, they will do so, overwhelmingly. That's what happened to Wattson when she replaced Lifeline in the meta back in S2. They're not daft.

But you're free to your opinion, I guess.
And I say that as someone who wanted to love Crypto, and actually love the character itself. Just his set of abilities, they're overall inconsequential and pale in comparison to what almost all other legends have to offer.

The other important point to note is just because someone is a good crypto doesn't mean he still isn't a very underpowered legend. Maybe only 5% of players can make him useful and not a detriment. But I guarantee you the best crypto player is not as helpful as a good (insert any other legend here)

I don't know if he will ever be that good if he has to stand still to drone and they don't allow an auto drone option. But here are some ideas.

1. If his ult is charge and he is downed, allow him to manually trigger EMP on himself. This would disable his knockdown shield. it's a way to potentially kill shields and stun people around him for his team to come help.

2. When he is killed his drone shoots out in a random direction and you assume control of the drone. It gets linked to the closest teammate available and will abide by the same range requirements. This allows Crypto the rare ability to influence the game beyond the grave.

3. If one of your teammates gets killed give Crypto the ability to to surrender drone control to them. This allows someone to use the drone independently of crypto. Crytpo can recall the drone to his control at any time.

Beyond this, you can also drastically cut down on the "cast" time. Give the drone a tactical on a decently long cooldown that allows you to stun (like an arc star) and enemy (no damage). Give it a better range for spotting enemies.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017

Just play some casual matches in between to get an Erfolgserlebnis. ;-)
I´ve played ~25 matches (non ranked) since yesterday and we (me + randoms) won six times. (I´m far from being good at this game btw.)

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
People moaning about matchmaking is not my experience. I had more wins last night than I've had in some time in a single session. I felt like there were players of all skill levels in these games.

One guy I played with (I was solo queueing all night) said he got dropped from Diamond to Silver because he used an exploit in the last season and was told about it coming into this season. That was interesting. He was clearly a capable player as we went on to win the match.

Too early to write off the new sniper Sentinel. One game I ended up in a duo situation where I was able to revive the guy during the final three squad showdown in Skyhook. When he came back all I had was that rifle and a 99. I gave him the sniper so we'd each have a gun and after third partying the winning squad, I knocked a Gibraltar and almost took out a Lifeline before he quickscoped the Lifeline and almost took out the Pathfinder with it too. It's possible that the way this gun chambers a bullet makes it really good for that kind of usage in a pinch, or if you're a quickscoping god.

Anyway, I'm really happy with all the updates. Played Revenant once and enjoyed it. We didn't win, but his abilities are cool.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look, I love this game, I'm not trying to be completely negative, but the fifth and sixth partying in this game is fucking obnoxious. There just constantly squad after squad some matches. I miss King's Canyon.

Last edited:

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You must have a really vivid memory of Kings Canyon. Third partying on that map is way worse.

Was it really? Because honestly I am not positive. But I do remember this map coming out and I thought the third partying was worse. The meta on King's Canyon, as I recall, was to play safe until the final circle. There was a good amount of camping with Watson and Caustic. But maybe that's because of how the ranked scoring worked and not necessarily the map.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Got my first dub of the season last night with a team of randoms, so that's a neat start to things. Got a couple of legendaries out of boxes. A Peacekeeper Skin and the Execution for Crypto.

I like the map changes a lot, they make Worlds End feel a lot less open, and a lot more busy and interesting. Haven't really explored the new hot-spots yet, but I'll get there eventually.

Don't have the dosh for Revenant yet, but to me he seems like a feast or famine character. When he pops off, he REALLY pops off. When he doesn't, he's next to useless, which in a way reminds me of Caustic. When he's good, he's great, when he's bad, he's terrible.

Still need to get my hands on the new sniper, but the weapon balance overall seems pretty good. I like that the R-99 has FINALLY been reigned in somewhat. It's still a good weapon, but it's no longer the default 'best weapon' for any close-mid encounter. The L-STAR definitely feels like it's going to be a major contender this season unless it gets reigned in, and the Havoc feels usable to me now.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Look, I love this game, I'm not trying to be completely negative, but the fifth and sixth partying in this game is fucking obnoxious. There just constantly squad after squad some matches. I miss King's Canyon.

Ummm Kings Canyon was just back in night mode and the waves of parties felt like a horde mode compared to world's edge. This was even without jump towers! You can get to anywhere on that map from the drop ship. People are way too confined in kinda canyon. It's a great map but I hope the return will see some changes in it's layout and landscape.

Harvester area on World's Edge is like a map within a map. That place is huge and reminds me of a Halo map

Status
Not open for further replies.