• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Won a game tonight by baiting the last squad to thirst out of position against me lol. Pretended i needed a big shield heal (had 3.5 bars full) by using a battery in view and ducking behind cover. Guys rush me, take hits from my lads on the high-ground, i down one, get downed, lads bum-rush their last 2 as they're caught in reloads and weapon swaps.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
Ranked matchmaking was super weird today. We played against plat players 80% of the time and sometimes even gold players. We won like 7 times and got a 25 kill game once. Only once we got into a full sweatlord lobby and died in the very first fight against a full squad of top 100 preds.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Wins in casual playlists are fun and satisfying, but it's the Ranked wins that taste the sweetest. Mmm, delicious hard-fought victory.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get why super-rare weapons like the Kraber and Mastiff have Legendary skins that are valued the same as any other gun. Shouldn't they be valued less because of how rarely you acquire them? I'll find an R-301 in nearly every match I play, but a Mastiff appears once in a blue moon.

Oct 27, 2017
Any bronze PC players want to add me? Got super hooked to this game and have a good 11 wins in casuals so far this season. I try my best to play smart and communicate. I mostly play Bangalore, Octane, and Mirage.

Origin - UserJuke

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
Is there really no option to turn off the HUD, or did I just not look at the right spot?

EDIT: Looked again, apparently there isn't. If for some odd reason a dev should read this, maybe consider implementing it. Would be cool to have the option. At least I would be interested in wandering around the battlefield without HUD.

Last edited:

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I love the games where it gets to a really small circle and there are 6 squads left and you can't hear anyone shooting....

You just know that as soon as that timer runs down all hell is going to break loose.

It's beautiful.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it's been said in here, but no one should be opening any loot boxes until Tuesday's update, just in case they get an heirloom set. Tuesday's update will mean that you get heirloom shards to choose whichever heirloom set you want. If you open them now, you'd be getting a random heirloom set.

Milky Way

Oct 29, 2017
I'm confused about this too. Although I'm more leaning towards it being a permanent thing.

They said right now it's only for the LTM, however based on community feedback it may be added permanently later.

also: I think I'm on board the crypto train this season. Been getting some nice dubs with him. His ultimate is a nice push for the final circles where there's 3/4 squads left

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Octane's heirloom is awesome. It's a butterfly knife which also moonlights as his stim syringe. I wonder if he'll stick his heirloom on his chest when using his tactical instead of the regular syringe. It'd be the first heirloom visible without being equipped.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
It seems like the next event will be a test to see how popular the evo shield will be. I'm guessing that it's going to flop. Nobody wants to pick up a worse than white armor on drop and armor swapping is usually the way to go mid to late game.

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
It seems like the next event will be a test to see how popular the evo shield will be. I'm guessing that it's going to flop. Nobody wants to pick up a worse than white armor on drop and armor swapping is usually the way to go mid to late game.
From the description though, it sounds like armor swapping to an Evo Shield will give it to you at the level of its previous owner. You could potentially pick up a level 5 shield.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That potential blood buff looks cool. But is the sound gonna travel that far out? I think that'll make or break it cause that point you're basically letting a team that's 40 feet away know your presence and that can work against you. He'd probably be my main if it didn't give them a notification of being scanned. But that's probably in OP territory at that point.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
First game back for a while and I'm matched with two players that are obviously in a party together. I take on a team alone as I'm jumped, hit 2 players for around 120 each and down a 3rd, other two finally show up as I'm downed and finish them off with one of them getting down in the process. The guy then proceeded to help up his buddy and the two of them spent a good couple of minutes looting up right in front of me, leaving me still downed until I time out....

I can't work with this kind of stupid.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
This game is hilarious sometimes.

Played 7 matches, averaged 500 damage across the games. No kills.

Next game, get 5 kills!

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I've been maining Octane lately, and it's my teammates who are running away from me and getting picked off when I solo queue. Shouldn't it be the other way around? This isn't the first time I've been fucked over by dipshits who expect a free carry from someone with white shields and an ungeared R301, but twice in a row? Exhausting.

And on my third match, they landed and instantly died and ragequit. I fucking hate randoms.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Six times in a row now. How many times do I have to solo queue before I get a team who can reliably back me up in a fight? I can get a knock in every game but they can't even find a gun half the time. Fucking morons.

EDIT: It took seven matches before I could find a match where my team had their heads on straight. Third place with a combined 11 kills across the squad. All six prior games had maybe one kill (for me) or a knock and no kills. Matchmaking in this game is so frustrating.

Last edited:

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
I've been maining Octane lately, and it's my teammates who are running away from me and getting picked off when I solo queue. Shouldn't it be the other way around? This isn't the first time I've been fucked over by dipshits who expect a free carry from someone with white shields and an ungeared R301, but twice in a row? Exhausting.

And on my third match, they landed and instantly died and ragequit. I fucking hate randoms.

I'm not really sure why some of these guys are playing. I had a guy solo drop away from the team. The remaining two of us stuck together but got ambushed and downed somewhere in the mid game. Our third guy miraculously survived until then, and was making his way towards us and... just completely passes us by. I think I said something like "help us please" and my fellowed downed teammate was like "there's no way he's going to do that". I just wonder if they don't see the UI notification or something? Or they just don't want to win? Is it kids playing?

Cvie

Oct 25, 2017
if they are constantly spamming their abilities its probably kids, my nephew uses bangs smoke on cooldown lol

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
ahh nothing like killing the last of a squad where we drop, reviving one teammate and respawning the other, taking out two thirds of another team next fight (and another revive), then having your two teammates completely disregard your pings to move towards the ring as it's about to close because they want to pick a fight with two other squads

we died btw

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
god fuck this game. 5 kills in diamond, about to win and the game crashes. 0 RP thanks for fucking nothing.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Two more seconds on PC,. now at just 2 wins in 158 games. Two seconds and a first on X1 and up to 9 wins on that platform. Still undecided which platform to focus on but I will probably just end up wherever I can find at least one other person to play ranked with - think I would rather focus on that.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
god fuck this game. 5 kills in diamond, about to win and the game crashes. 0 RP thanks for fucking nothing.
Do you play on PC with an Nvidia GPU? The new drivers allegedly fix the recent crashing epidemic that some Turing and Pascal users have experienced.
Two more seconds on PC,. now at just 2 wins in 158 games. Two seconds and a first on X1 and up to 9 wins on that platform. Still undecided which platform to focus on but I will probably just end up wherever I can find at least one other person to play ranked with - think I would rather focus on that.
I play on PC instead of PS4 because it's where I bought the Founder's Pack and got Wraith's Heirloom + Airship Assassin. Gotta flex that.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Do you play on PC with an Nvidia GPU? The new drivers allegedly fix the recent crashing epidemic that some Turing and Pascal users have experienced.

I play on PC instead of PS4 because it's where I bought the Founder's Pack and got Wraith's Heirloom + Airship Assassin. Gotta flex that.

Cheers for the headsup, haven't downloaded the drivers from yesterday. Will do. Looks like i got my RP too, thank god. Ranked is a fucking awful experience this season.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Cheers for the headsup, haven't downloaded the patch from yesterday. Will do. Looks like i got my RP too, thank god. Ranked is a fucking awful experience this season.
Make sure to do a full driver removal with DDU in safe mode, and reinstall in safe mode as well, just to be sure!
  1. Download driver executable from Nvidia's website, download and install DDU
  2. Reboot into Safe Mode, use DDU to remove all Nvidia drivers
  3. Reboot into Safe Mode again, install new drivers with executable
  4. Reboot normally, enjoy a stable driver install

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
I play on controller either way, and the funny thing is, I don't feel like that is what is holding me back at all. Don't think I am ever losing a fight except at long range where the aim differential is significant - it just seems players are better, faster, and much more aggressive on PC? But mainly better.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
I really don't get why Respawn is so stubborn in not keeping Duos in when there's no LTM running at the very least. So tired of playing with thirds that quit when they get downed or break off and go somewhere else entirely..

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't get why Respawn is so stubborn in not keeping Duos in when there's no LTM running at the very least. So tired of playing with thirds that quit when they get downed or break off and go somewhere else entirely..
In a just world, "Play Apex" would be dissolved into a rotating Solos and Duos playlist, with Trios being ever-available and Ranked remaining as-is.

I want Solos to come back. I'd play it every day if it were permanent.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
First game of Platinum this season and I enjoyed it. We landed in capitol and I was matched with a Caustic and and a Wraith.

We managed to kill one team that rushed us in a building near the train station and into our caustic traps only to fight off another 3 teams that tried to join in after.

Once again, peoples thirst for kills can sometimes be their death, especially when they rush you separately rather than together.

Finished the game with 4 kills and 2 assists in 5th and got a nice 'GG' and friend request once finished.

......it's all down hill from here.

Edit: next game I finish second with the other 2 guys carrying me and get called a noob in PM's becuase I choked on the last guy

.....lol

Last edited:

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
It's obvious just like in all br's the solo data most likely showed it's the least played option. That's why we keep seeing ltm geared to duos since it actually had ok results. I'm sure in Apex solos was even worse than other br's due to the core team gameplay element Apex has. Leave solos out and if anything bring in an arena mode for people to death match it out and get practice with the mechanics. They could add a couple areas from both maps enclosed by a ring that does major damage to keep people inside. Easiest solution rather than taking resources for a solo mode that doesn't fit the overall game. Any map changes automatically provide content to the this mode as well.

I'll play solos in other br's and I barely touched it in Apex. It wasn't really fun or interesting at all.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
In honesty, duo's is my favourite. Solo's was ok, but duo's even in solo queues can be rewarding as you just need to stick to one other guy and taking on a pair is at least manageable alone.

I'd really like them to increase the head count overall to 80 and try quads, especially now there are more characters to choose from.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Quads is what they should push for the most. Character compositions and ability synergies could drastically change with one additional teammate. Battles would be tougher to finish off teams as well. I wonder if it would make teams hesitant to third party knowing it's more challenging to finish off a full group? Rolling up on a team for a 3v4 or a 4v4 can be a disaster still. You'll be less likely to be having off against a solo or duo after a battle in quads.Competitively it would be interesting as well.

World's edge may even work with up to 100. I'd be fine with 80 or 100 but the extra teams could help increase engagement. I don't think 100 would work in the canyon but I figure we may see a change in the size of that map somewhere down the road unless they keep releasing new maps and it'll always be the smallest one.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
If anyone is vaguely interested in my somewhat schizophrenic journey, I decided last night to main PC (controller). 144hz and smoothness beats the easier competition on console, and at my level I am equal or better than most I play with controller aim.

I finally, for the first time ever, tried the bronze playlist. After a hot drop by two teammates that abandoned me ended in disaster I followed up with a 5 kill4th place finish and greatly enjoyed gaining rank points as it finally felt like the missing link to playing a Battle Royale and not being as frustrated at losing and "wasting time". That is always my barrier to investing in these games, and I wish I had discovered/read about the ranked system sooner. Anyways, still Bronze 4, still stuck at 2 wins after too many games, but finished second twice more and went ahead and bought the PC battledress.

Still actively looking for people to play ranked with!

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Fun game earlier. Landed in epicentre, looted and smashed a squad in survey. Went to fragment, took out another squad as the ring came in. Other 2 guys got down and I ran to heal up ad they got thirsted outside of the ring. Told them not to quit I was coming back.

Mgs sneaking music as I made my way back to their boxes. They are still being looted lol. 2 of them left so I smacked the last guy in the head with the wingman, smoked and recovered my boys. Made it to edge of the ring with 5 hp.

Ran my ass to lava city as the second circle came in. Got my boys back in. Nobody had landed here so we had the while place to rearm.

Went on to dome and clapped the last 3 squads on the way. Great win.

Status
Not open for further replies.