• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have so much of the red credits I wish it'd let me burn them on skins
I fucking cannot believe they force you to buy not only the skin with the red currency, but also get the legendary version first in order to even purchase the advertised skin. At least let us buy it and then unlock it later. This system is such trash.

Deleted member 25445

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
64-C41-BC5-52-AF-481-A-91-F4-F0-A23-E771-A09.jpg
Thats a really shitty way to have something leaked

Jun 1, 2018
Upland
When someone picks Pathfinder I know he will be level 7 at best.

Ehh..I won us the round at Bunker by grappling up, swinging/flying above the squad and peacekeepering the fuck out of them before they realized what had happened. Won it for our squad a few games after as well by grappling to get high ground at Hydro Dam. Pathfinder's usefulness is pretty up there as long as you use his strengths to benefit the team and not yourself.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feels like the most casual of casuals stopped playing this game on PC (in EU). Or people just developed the most insane aim. Every day gets more sweaty and I'm seeing more and more people with like 4k kills in our lobbies.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Our Bangalore must have been a 4 year old, they ran around popping smoke randomly and didn't loot or help in any fight lol

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The skins in this game need a drastic increase in quality. None of them give off the urge to spend $20 (or less on other options) on and them recoloring a skin and trying to sell it again is dumb af. I've spend some money on Fortnite, PUBG and other F2P games but am not having the urge to buy anything they're offering except the BattlePass.
There going to pull a COD on us, get us all comfortable and then drop the flashy skins and then everyone wants them

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Extra satisfying getting a win when a random quits after 1 minute because he died, 2 of us just survived and played really smart to then get the W.

PaJeppy

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, feels good respawning my 2 dead teammates after the early game skirmish, bailing out of the area naked and going all the way to the win.

On the other end I probably give up trying to have fun with Caustic. It is just too frustrating at the moment.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I fucking love Pathfinder.

I am fully aware he is not a top tier hero (imo) but every time I play a better kitted hero, I am missing that grapple so much.

Also RE: RE45 (lol) I picked one up off of respawn in desperation. See people coming down the hill across the river. THinking it is way too far range for this pistol but Ill put some shots in to strip as much shields as I can.

To my surprise this motherfucker is stable as fuck and shreds the guy

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
That rattling noise bangalore makes when she runs is really annoying , its like playing botw

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they hit a last-minute snag. Seems very odd to have a developer posting winky teasing messages on reddit and not to follow it up with even a teaser for an announcement stream or something.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
The Lifeline and Bangalore recolors look really nice. Shame that you'll most likely need the original versions to be able to purchase them and I'm sure as hell not spending $18 on a skin.

Repgnar

Nov 4, 2017
There's no way the battlepass goes live today right? People are holding on to hope for the store update but that seems like bit of a stretch.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
I fucking cannot believe they force you to buy not only the skin with the red currency, but also get the legendary version first in order to even purchase the advertised skin. At least let us buy it and then unlock it later. This system is such trash.

Apex is an exceedingly grimy game when it comes to the microtransctions. It's like a greatest hits playlist of every shitty mechanic we've seen so far, plus the buying a skin to gain access to further unlocks garbage, which I believe is new.

Respawn should be at least a little embarrassed by this shit. I was more than happy to buy stuff in Titanfall 2 because it wasn't such a scammy mess.

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
No way we get the battle pass until next week now. I can't see them launching on a weekend when they'll have fewer staff working.

Annoying issue tonight where I keep being matchmade into a 1 or 2 person squad.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope you're wrong. The only benefit I see of a solo queue is that it would move a bunch of Twitch streamers out of the team queue. Other than that, there's nothing interesting about solos given all the mechanics in this game.

Solo is going to open up ranged combat so much. Triple take will be god tier instead of passed over for a SMG. When you know you can actually down a person and kill them from far away, it's a different game. In trips there is no reason to engage from too far. People who run wildly to a fight, without 2 of their squad to revive them will find acting like a pack of hyenas doesn't work in solo.

...I think...

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Apex is an exceedingly grimy game when it comes to the microtransctions. It's like a greatest hits playlist of every shitty mechanic we've seen so far, plus the buying a skin to gain access to further unlocks garbage, which I believe is new.

Respawn should be at least a little embarrassed by this shit. I was more than happy to buy stuff in Titanfall 2 because it wasn't such a scammy mess.
Totally agreed and have been saying it since week 1. The economy is bullshit and I would be more than happy to support them through it but as it currently stands its gross the way theyve implemented this system.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017

I'll reserve judgement for now, but if nothing changes, I agree.

Hopefully the Battle Pass brings something new to the mix and we get:

- Something for a win. Even crafting items!
- A daily login bonus

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just watched our lifeline stare at a healing enemy wraith, throw a grenade at her, miss, and then get owned

Poetic cinema

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Judging by the twitch numbers and fortnite's I feel they should have had the pass out today. Fortnite was going to clap back and they sort of just let them do it for free. Would have been huge to launch theirs at the same time

Deleted member 15848

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Peeps really out here complaining about micro transactions that offer no competitive advantage in a FTP game in 2019...lmao

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Judging by the twitch numbers and fortnite's I feel they should have had the pass out today. Fortnite was going to clap back and they sort of just let them do it for free. Would have been huge to launch theirs at the same time
Yeah

Honestly thats just how it is with the fortnite team and why they are where they are

The devil works hard but Epic works harder

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Peeps really out here complaining about micro transactions that offer no competitive advantage in a FTP game in 2019...lmao
Yes because believe it or not we can evaluate a system regardless of whether it merely cosmetic (which also isnt true mind you since you have to unlock characters) or whether the game is free to play. Crazy concept I know lmao

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I mean if it's not ready it's not ready, wouldn't want to rush a launch out just to snub the competition only to fall flat on your face when half of it doesn't work.

I fucking need it real bad though.

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017

Get out of here. Many people WANT to spend money, but Respawn focuses on targeting the 1% or those with irresponsible spending habits. It is a shitty system, and it doesn't matter that the game is free.

Status
Not open for further replies.