Status
Not open for further replies.

Bramblebutt

Jan 11, 2018
I feel like EVA is such a crutch for me that it's actively destroying my ability to use other guns. Going ham in CQ is way too much fun.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
When it comes to the battle pass, I think a lot of people have unreasonable and unrealistic expectations. It took Fortnite a long time to ramp up to their current cadence. The game came out in early February, and it's a million miles ahead of where Fortnite was in October 2017.

I feel like EVA is such a crutch for me that it's actively destroying my ability to use other guns. Going ham in CQ is way too much fun.

It's always kinda interesting to hear that people like a gun that I absolutely loathe and can't use successfully for shit. The EVA, P2020 and Mozambique are the three weapons that I actively dread having to fight with.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I hope you're wrong. The only benefit I see of a solo queue is that it would move a bunch of Twitch streamers out of the team queue. Other than that, there's nothing interesting about solos given all the mechanics in this game.

Solo queue would be fun when you consider how fast paced the gameplay is

No more being tethered to teammates. You can zip around players, rush players, not worry about downs in populated areas, etc

Also, if they detach abilities from characters and make them pick ups, the game would be a lot more balanced and pick ups would be fun to combine in a game

For example, you drop solo and find a pathfinder grapple hook, but can use it in tandem with something like bangalores smokes or wraith's phase shift

Solo mode also unquestionably brings in a lot more players to the game. They could also think of neat ways to utilize respawn beacons like making them into vending machines where u can trade your ammo and whatever for item upgrades.

This way, solo mode is more directly combat based, has unique mechanics of its own, and allows players to experiment with abilities in a less restrictive manner.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Solo queue would be fun when you consider how fast paced the gameplay is

No more being tethered to teammates. You can zip around players, rush players, not worry about downs in populated areas, etc

Also, if they detach abilities from characters and make them pick ups, the game would be a lot more balanced and pick ups would be fun to combine in a game

For example, you drop solo and find a pathfinder grapple hook, but can use it in tandem with something like bangalores smokes or wraith's phase shift

Solo mode also unquestionably brings in a lot more players to the game. They could also think of neater ways to utilize respawn beacons like making them into vending machines where u can trade your ammo and whatever for item upgrades

Why do you want to change the game completely into a different game? Throw some building in there while you're at it I guess.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
That game was some bs

VDLqtgY.jpg

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
When it comes to the battle pass, I think a lot of people have unreasonable and unrealistic expectations. It took Fortnite a long time to ramp up to their current cadence. The game came out in early February, and it's a million miles ahead of where Fortnite was in October 2017.

It's always kinda interesting to hear that people like a gun that I absolutely loathe and can't use successfully for shit. The EVA, P2020 and Mozambique are the three weapons that I actively dread having to fight with.
I dont have any expectations tbh. Just want my carrots and support Respawn.

Getting a lootbox every 5 levels sucks.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Unlocked Caustic and still got 15k Red Apex points left for when the new character drops.

Let's do this and a win will complete the set.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I keep seeing this date mentioned on reddit but noone gives the source. So, why the 12th?

The source is someone that says their roommate works for Respawn. The person in question posted a photo of what looks like S1 promotional material (including the already leaked legend, Octane) which they took without their roommate's permission. The March 12th date seems to have been derived from eavesdropping.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
The source is someone that says their roommate works for Respawn. The person in question posted a photo of what looks like S1 promotional material (including the already leaked legend, Octane) which they took without their roommate's permission. The March 12th date seems to have been derived from eavesdropping.
Ah, I missed the original reddit post, only saw the repost. I'm assuming the OP of the original one posted that date in a comments. Thanks!

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
The skins in this game need a drastic increase in quality. None of them give off the urge to spend $20 (or less on other options) on and them recoloring a skin and trying to sell it again is dumb af. I've spend some money on Fortnite, PUBG and other F2P games but am not having the urge to buy anything they're offering except the BattlePass.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
The skins in this game need a drastic increase in quality. None of them give off the urge to spend $20 (or less on other options) on and them recoloring a skin and trying to sell it again is dumb af. I've spend some money on Fortnite, PUBG and other F2P games but am not having the urge to buy anything they're offering except the BattlePass.
The quality of the skins will definitely improve over time. Fortnite's original skins weren't all that great either, but they certainly got better eventually.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I think the 12th is totally possible, but the reddit post about the 'roommate of the dev' or whatever is some real "my dad works at Nintendo!" shit. He talks about hearing through 'thin walls', like the guy was just in his room yelling about the release date.

If the leak is real, I think it's way more likely that the leaker is a contractor trying to cover his ass or something.

FLUXCapacitor

Oct 25, 2017

Ugh. Dude is fucking with his roommates livelyhood/job doing that shit.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I think R-301/Wingman and R-99/Wingman are probably the best loadouts in the game, depending purely on preference, with Spitfire/Wingman maybe being a very close runner-up.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Why do you want to change the game completely into a different game? Throw some building in there while you're at it I guess.
Thats not even the same thing. How is it completely different when its the same game but in a solo mode? Are people sudden going to be confused in a solo mode? How is that anything like adding in a building mechanic?

Just because the game focused in on the team mode doesnt mean it will be the only mode that exists. Seems like a solo mode is a question of when they have the time as opposed to a hard no.

Its really no different than fortnites 50v50 or PUBGs 8 man teams, but no one throws up their hands and responds that fortnite may as well add an FPP mode if theyll add a 50v50. Its clear these alternatives are popular and bring in new fans too

Obviously they focused on a team mode, but I dont see why they wouldnt experiment around. People act like these are impossible to try or like when they havent even seen what respawn could do. Sounds no different than dismissing respawn even making a br game before seeing it

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
those skins look like those 6500 tokens ones from the shop, pull away your pitchforks

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, the exclusive in-store legendary skins locked to already-existent legendary skins have all been recolors of those same legendary skins. Relax

e: swooped by rean

Acinixys

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
When someone picks Pathfinder I know he will be level 7 at best.

I only play Path, and it makes people super salty when i spiderman all over the map like a beast and leave them behind.

Most players are still on the Bangalore/Wraith train, and are ignoring all the other Ledgends

Also, it takes a while to get good with Paths grapple, so most people dont bother

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
I only play Path, and it makes people super salty when i spiderman all over the map like a beast and leave them behind.

Most players are still on the Bangalore/Wraith train, and are ignoring all the other Ledgends

Also, it takes a while to get good with Paths grapple, so most people dont bother
idk for me its bloodhound and mirage every game.

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
That game was some bs

VDLqtgY.jpg
It wouldn't be if they waited assists as being more important than they are (had a card for them for instance) But also it should definitely award an elim to the person who dealt the lions share. Or just do what Overwatch does and give them out for participating at all. But yeah as it stands it definitely feels bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.