• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
They can run out the clock and have Congress decide, at which point Trump's chances of being selected to be president greatly increase.
If this was the case, any losing political party would simply take this strategy to capture power.

Doing this will turn the cold civil war into a hot one.

Five million more voters chose Biden.

The republicans are traitors. They cheated, they schemed, they cried like piss pant babies, and they still lost.

Unlike reconstruction, we need to treat these criminals like what they are- treasonous, anti-American, scum that are willing to destroy the country to retain power.

All of those giving Trump ideas on how to steal the election need to be punished.

Or they will get better at it. And destroy what's left of our democracy.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Then they'll find "something we can't show", take it to Trump¡s supreme court, and just stay in power. And you get a bloodless auto-coup, which would made Erdogan jelly.

Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017
I am worried by this, all these 'checks and balances' haven't stopped Trump from doing what he wants in the past so why would they now?
Because he lost the election and by extension will soon be losing those privileges/powers. He can try as much as he wants. There was no voter fraud and he has zero evidence suggesting there is/was, no matter what useless investigations Barr approves.

He is prolonging the inevitable.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
If you read his resignation letter it is clear what is happening is highly irregular. This is dangerous at this point.
Yeah I know. Barr is basically attempting a coup right now and is acting as Trump's lawyer. If he find evidence of even small-scale fraud or even just fabricates some then it could give Trump camp everything they need to take it to the SCOTUS and we know how that will go.

I am officially nervous again.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
This is where we find out GOP submitted thousands of fake ballots for the Dems to find later. 4D chess.

darkazcura

Oct 25, 2017
They can't really stop the electors from casting their vote, can they? All they can do is cast doubt and hope the electors go in a different direction than the popular vote.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Yeah I know. Barr is basically attempting a coup right now and is acting as Trump's lawyer. If he find evidence of even small-scale fraud or even just fabricates some then it could give Trump camp everything they need to take it to the SCOTUS and we know how that will go.

Yeah I´m also growing more anxious every day.
All it theoretically takes is to stall the verification of the results beyond December 14th if I´m not mistaken.

OP
OP
III-V

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
All it theoretically takes is to stall the verification of the results beyond December 14th if I´m not mistaken.
Dec 8th is safe harbor day. And yes, if they are able to stall the certification past that date, state legislators can chose the electorate.

MoxManiac

Nov 17, 2017
Somehow delaying state certification past the safe harbor date with this crap seems like the only concivable way it would change the results.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I think that's their strategy. They know exactly that all their claims won't convince any court so they file as many lawsuits as possible to stall everything until December.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Somehow delaying state certification past the safe harbor date with this crap seems like the only concivable way it would change the results.

And if that happens, and Trump's given the presidency, you might as well just tear up the Constitution because it means fuck all at that point.

What's the point of having elections if someone can just ignore the results and sue their way to a win?

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

There's standards.

Stuff like this gives me fuel that this is just more of Trump's BS.

MoxManiac

Nov 17, 2017
And if that happens, and Trump's given the presidency, you might as well just tear up the Constitution because it means fuck all at that point.

What's the point of having elections if someone can just ignore the results and sue their way to a win?

I agree, but the scary thing is at least 40% of the electorate would probably be okay with this.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
There's standards.

Stuff like this gives me fuel that this is just more of Trump's BS.

Wow a Tiktok video saying "they can't do that because of the rules," I'm sure Trump and Barr will abide by this and stop the investigations instead of just ignoring the rules like they always do. Thank you for putting my mind at ease.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I swear some of yall think Trump can wave a magic wand and become president if he wished it hard enough.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I wonder how many times you've called Trump a fascist on this forum...

I swear of yall think Trump can wave a magic wand and become president if he wished it hard enough.

fam he just needs civil unrest, distrust in the democratic process, and mobilized units of people with weapons to fall in line behind him

this is also the administration that colluded with foreign powers to get in the white house in the first place

we can laugh later, it's a blatant attempt

Last edited:
OP
OP
III-V

III-V

Oct 25, 2017

The constitution doesn't place the election of the president in the people's hand. Technically it is up to the representatives. Traditionally, this has been offered to the people to vote. So it is fuckery but could be argued that it is constitutionally sound.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We should take Trump seriously, but he's not all-powerful. To pretend otherwise simply plays into his hands.

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
They are preparing a coup right in front of our eyes. It won't work but these pricks are up to no good.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I swear some of yall think Trump can wave a magic wand and become president if he wished it hard enough.
Trump PTSD.

I'm resolute. Trump will be gone.
I wonder how many times you've called Trump a fascist on this forum...

fam he just needs civil unrest, distrust in the democratic process, and mobilized units of people with weapons to fall in line behind him

this is also the administration that colluded with foreign powers to get in the white house in the first place

we can laugh later, it's a blatant attempt
He is. But I'm not worried about Trump.

Brewm0nt

Dec 22, 2017
Orlando, FL
Wow a Tiktok video saying "they can't do that because of the rules," I'm sure Trump and Barr will abide by this and stop the investigations instead of just ignoring the rules like they always do. Thank you for putting my mind at ease.
So what then, are you suggesting will happen? Because so far, they are what, 0-11 in the courts....

If the claims cannot make it past the first step, and this declaration is simply reaffirming that the DOJ can investigate "legitimate accusations of fraud where it would change the outcome of the vote", that's a pretty high bar to cross.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Let's not mince words here, we are in the first steps of an attempted coup in the United States
0kK0l0Y.png

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Its generally an overreaction saying he will never get away it or to the other extreme that he is going to murder everyone with the army and take over.

That said it is pretty alarming how the Republicans are getting on board with this nonsense.

I don't think this will save Trump. Its probably sum bullshit to pay his election debts. But the temperature is running really hot in the country because of his bullshit and I won't be surprised to see some violence.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

He csn investigate all he wants, he actually needs go find something that stands up in court, he's already lost.

They've been claiming "voter fraud" for decades. If the GOP had a legal basis for having elections invalidated because of "voter fraud" they would have done it a long time ago.

Until someone in the legal profession says otherwise, I don't think he has a leg to stand on.

It's a grift for him to stay relevant to his base and keep fleecing them for more money.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Trump will be gone on Jan 20th but republicans who are enabling him right now are doing an insane amount of damage to democracy.

I bet you that next year republicans in the senate will run on 'we refuse to work with an illegitimate president' because that's what their base largely believes in thanks to all this.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its generally an overreaction saying he will never get away it or to the other extreme that he is going to murder everyone with the army and take over.

That said it is pretty alarming how the Republicans are getting on board with this nonsense.

I don't think this will save Trump. Its probably sum bullshit to pay his election debts. But the temperature is running really hot in the country because of his bullshit and I won't be surprised to see some violence.
Republicans will slowly get over it as months pass by with no evidence of voter fraud. Y'all being scared of civil war 2/armed violence/race war for like four years now and it still ain't happening, it didn't happen on Election Day, and it won't happen now. Just empty threats and angry message board posts from whitey.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
Trump will be gone on Jan 20th but republicans who are enabling him right now are doing an insane amount of damage to democracy.

I bet you that next year republicans in the senate will run on 'we refuse to work with an illegitimate president' because that's what their base largely believes in thanks to all this.
Yeah, that's my big concern. The GOP is playing politics while eroding trust in the process. They are scum.

Lilyth

Sep 13, 2019
We should take Trump seriously, but he's not all-powerful. To pretend otherwise simply plays into his hands.
This so much. Trump doesn't even know how to spell "coup". This is the natural extension of his arrogance and pettiness.

There is NO TIMELINE in which Trump loses and simply accepts and concedes. This is exactly what would have happened no matter the margins. That man is all ego, and his bootlickers are doing this to keep him satisfied on the way out.

The toddler will be gone by January. No need to worry about this for weeks.

Maquiladora

Nov 16, 2017
He's doing what we all predicted, but time is running it out.

You do realise that time running out works in Trump's favor?

There's a federal statute that means December 8 will function as what's known as the "safe harbor" deadline. Occurring about a month after Election Day, December 8th is the deadline for final resolution of all election disputes, including court challenges. It is the final date on which slates of electors must be chosen by states for submission to Congress.

If things aren't settled by then, Congress is under no obligation to accept the validity of electoral votes submitted by states. Instead, the newly-elected Congress will gain legal authority to determine the winner in any state that has not resolved its election drama by the deadline.

lawandcrime.com

What Is the Safe Harbor Deadline? | Law & Crime

As states continue to tally election results, and the president's campaign team continues to file more lawsuits, Americans are wondering what effect litigation might have on the outcome of the presidential election. The reality is that an endless loop of lawsuits theoretically has potential to...

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
You do realise that time running out works in Trump's favor?

lawandcrime.com

What Is the Safe Harbor Deadline? | Law & Crime

As states continue to tally election results, and the president's campaign team continues to file more lawsuits, Americans are wondering what effect litigation might have on the outcome of the presidential election. The reality is that an endless loop of lawsuits theoretically has potential to...
I am not worried at all. I seen all the permutations of this topic. I'm good.

OP
OP
III-V

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't need a magic wand if he has the complacency or support of 70 million Americans alongside Republican leaders as well as the rank and file, has fired the head of the DoD Mark Esper so that he can use the insurrection act to put down upcoming protest with the help of the US military, is using the attorney general Bill Barr as his own personal attorney, and is working on firing the FBI director Wray as well as CIA director Gina Haspell. In addition, Emily W. Murphy, the administrator of the General Services Administration, a Trump sycophant, is refusing to authorize Joe Biden with transition funding. As explained numerous times already, there are ways for him to steal this election, and he has, at the very least, put the machinery into motion.

If you can't hear the alarm bells, pull your head out of the sand.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Republicans will slowly get over it as months pass by with no evidence of voter fraud. Y'all being scared of civil war 2/armed violence/race war for like four years now and it still ain't happening, it didn't happen on Election Day, and it won't happen now. Just empty threats and angry message board posts from whitey

breh my family fled Cuba in 1959 and Poland in 1937

yall ain't gotta take it up to to 11 but this flaccid 1 needs to be upgraded to at least a concerned 5

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't need a magic wand if he has the complacency or support of 70 million Americans alongside Republican leaders as well as the rank and file, has fired the head of the DoD Mark Esper so that he can use the insurrection act to put down upcoming protest with the help of the US military, is using the attorney general Bill Barr as his own personal attorney, and is working on firing the FBI director Wray as well as CIA director Gina Haspell. In addition, Emily W. Murphy, the administrator of the General Services Administration, a Trump sycophant, is refusing to provide Joe Biden with the authority to begin transition. As explained numerous times already, there are ways for him to steal this election, and he has, at the very least, put the machinery into motion.

If you can't hear the alarm bells, pull your head out of the sand.
Tell you what bro, if trump steals the election im giving you and everyone else here alarmed free permission to drop a huge I TOLD YOU SO WERE FUCKED DM in my inbox after inauguration. But when this doesn't happen just know I'm gonna laugh at the doomsday scenario writing here.

Kensation

The Enlightened "this guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017