• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Well, it has as sausage-ish quality to it.

I guess it's good drunk food, but all the frikandel I had in Belgium were tear inducing.

I'm more than fine with fries drowned in mayo, however. That's my dream diet.

Yeah it is sausage shaped, but it is actually more some kind of trashy minced meat in the shape of a sausage.
It is also not supposed to be dry. Maybe the Belgian ones are different from the Dutch ones?

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
I have to say the Berliner döner game is at a different level, I basically lived on that, and the morning breakfast rolls with salami. Great to see Kotti Berliner open up in Brooklyn....now I can have Berlin style döner whenever!!

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I ended up eating it twice a day during Gamescom since it's an obscure dish where I live. Amazing comfort food.

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but I live in Lower Saxony where the default currywurst is nasty and on top of that all the places I've seen in this city are really bad at it.

You mean when it's a giant fat Krakauer or something and they don't even bother to cut it up? We Germans are so bad at food we even fuck up our own dishes. It hurts.

I eat at Curry36 whenever I'm in Berlin and I love it. Always get a Club Mate at the Späti next door after.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
I've always wanted to try it, but it seems so German that it's hard to find outside of Europe.

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's the best, whenever I'm in Germany I make it a mission to get currywurst.

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
Sure. I´m living in Berlin,
I have to say the Berliner döner game is at a different level, I basically lived on that, and the morning breakfast rolls with salami. Great to see Kotti Berliner open up in Brooklyn....now I can have Berlin style döner whenever!!
Indeed. I´m living in berlin and most of the döner are great. Best thing after a hard workday with a cold beer.

I enjoy currywurst from time to time, never had a bad one in berlin.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
It's the wurst.

(Best Worscht from Frankfurt is the goat Currywurst.)

LwoY9TU.jpg

Had some in Frankfurt at a mall. Picked the place because of the name tbh. Rather enjoyed it (though the chips were terrible).

venomenon

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Sure, as long as the "currywurst" in question is not just a bratwurst with ketchup and some curry powder.
Doesn't come close to Fischbrötchen (with matjes, eel or salmon, preferrably) or Mettbrötchen, though.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
You mean when it's a giant fat Krakauer or something and they don't even bother to cut it up? We Germans are so bad at food we even fuck up our own dishes. It hurts.

No idea what sausage that is but it's deep fried (the people here just call it "original", far as I can tell neither Berlin nor NRW came up with that particular nonsense). Grilled Krakauer doesn't taste this bad.

My family comes from NRW so I'm most used to bratcurry. Of couirse they don't call it that there but in Lower Saxony you gotta be careful lest you end up with the deep fried monstrosity.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Love it. Every time there's some sort of street festival we have a ton of currywurst stands.

The real question, though: Curry 36 or Konnopke's?

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
The best currywurst I ever had was at an IFA Berlin event.

Currywurst that was good enough to be served in a catering. Imagine that.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I've only had it once and it was in the states (at a German restaurant/bakery on the northeast side of Indianapolis called Heidelberg Haus), so I can't speak to its authenticity, but it was very good.

Snkfanatic

Oct 25, 2017
I miss it, used to get it in Germany all the time as a kid. I have to try to make my own version here in the US and it's not the same.

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Räucherlachsbrötchen and Mettbrötchen are the best!

But a Currywurst once in a while is good too.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Had a bunch during my last Gamescom (also, what a terrible event).
Not my favorite German dish, but still pretty delicious!

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I don't think currywurst really works as a dish for me personally. I like curry. I like sausages... To me it's a kind of shitty ill conceived mash up. And yeah I've tried it in a restaurant in Berlin and also a cheap fast food version in a shopping mall in Berlin as well.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Had some while in Germany a couple months ago. It's a sausage with a curry sauce on it, both of which I like. It was alright, but not something that I would go out of my way for.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
There's an excellent german pub called Bronwyn near me in Union Square (near Boston) that specializes in homemade wursts - their currywurst is to fucking die for, it's so damn good. Thanks OP, now my mouth is watering just thinking about it