Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Not at all

Especially since Triple A survival horror titles aren't exactly in vast abundance.

This. The genre isn't exactly doing wonders nowadays with Fatal Frame's recent depressing topic basically confirming it as dead in favour for more anime RPGs and Silent Hill rumour being squashed, Ghostwire Tokyo in an indefinite state (maybe still being worked on, maybe vaporware?!) and nothing else on the horizon.

At least Resident Evil is representing the genre in such a big and beautiful way.

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
Quite the opposite, I've been really enjoying where the series is at since RE7. I want more while it lasts. I enjoyed RE3 quite a bit too, I just wish it had gotten some more time in the oven.

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Not tired of it but I couldn't bring myself to buy RE3 with how short it is and the DBD clone multiplayer doesn't even appeal to me at all so it's probably going to be a $20 sale game.

Oct 27, 2017
Nah.

The series still keeps finding ways to suprise me. Keep them coming.

Also it is one of the few action survival horror games still coming out so I say give us more!

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing RE2R right now. So, no, not at all.

But I do get tired of RE4. I could live my life much happier if that game was never brought up again in this forum.

Jul 24, 2018
I don't like the new ones, VII felt like a ride where I had little interaction and I didn't the repetitive Mr X and bullet sponge zombies in the new ones. Never thought I'd see the day when I'd turn down a remake of RE3 but there you go.

I didn't mind the Revelations games but they were years ago.
Eh, I'd take the genuinely scary zombies and other classic Resi monsters of the remakes over the generic blob things in Resident Evil 7.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
I'm tired of third person Resident Evil

Third person vs first person seems to be the big debate of this, and most likely, the next generation.

For me, third person only, not interested in first person ones at all. I want to see my characters.

I guess the solution is for Capcom to alternate between the two, so everyone is happy.

Oct 24, 2019
No.

Especially when playing first person RE7 in VR feels totally different from third person RE 2/3

it's a franchise that offers diverse experiences, so it's tough to get tired of it.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
No. I'm just getting started with them.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Hell no but I wish they would do a new Dino crisis or remake. Jawmuncher is in my thoughts too.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
No.

a combination of not being many shooters like RE and me personally not playing a lot of shooters makes Them a nice time for me.

plus I'm waiting on price drops seeing how fast RE2 dropped to 20. And it's on sale a lot, like REVII. I liked RE2 and disliked REVII but they were different types of games so that was nice

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
RE2 was great, RE3 looks like DLC for that game sold at full price. I'll check out whatever they're doing next

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
I won't be tired until they remake RE1, RE4 and RE Code Veronica. Then I will be tired and only then, will I go to bed.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
No, I'm just starting to get into it for real for the first time. RE2 was probably my GOTY in an extremely crowded year.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
No, even though I own and have played almost all of them to various extents, the only RE I've ever finished was 2 on the PS1. Looking forward to one day playing through the remakes... and by the time I get to them, there will probably be remakes of those remakes. LOL

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I feel like the conversation around it completely blew back up around REmake 2, so it's been at the forefront since. I could do with a bit of a break after I'm done RE3, but more like acouple years rather than like... I dunno, 5.

Labyrinthe

Mar 12, 2018
Resident evil 2, 3 and 7 were amazing and the best games in the series for the last 10 years.

But yes, we need a Dino Crisis game in re engine.

MerluzaSamus

Dec 3, 2018
It's an IP that changes it's identity every 3 main games... And it's also covers from silly B Movie horror, to cheap Michael Bay 'splosions.
Can't get tired of that 😄

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
I'm really liking this yearly RE thing, especially if they can keep the variety going.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
No,but then I don't play them at launch and space them out.Last one I played was RE7 and that was over a year ago,have not played the 2 or 3 remakes yet.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Yeah OP I really hate a steady stream of high quality games too

Also what the hell is "fan content". And RE3 is polished AF.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Hell no. Give me another Action RE also. Expand on the RE6 mechanics and give me more Mercenaries.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, but that's because of all the remakes. Nemesis is one of my favorite games of all time and I can't bring myself to buy the remake.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's like being starving on an island for actual years and then out of nohwere we finally get a chance to sit down and eat two good feasts and here you are like "Man food is pretty boring dude"

discotrigger

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely think Capcom has other worthwhile IPs with fanbases that deserve more attention. New games in those series could also be massively profitable. That said, I have no problem with RE fans getting as much quality content as they want. In a perfect(ly unreasonable) universe, every Capcom IP with enough remaining storytelling potential would be getting this much attention.

But seeing as how that isn't possible and this franchise has had several well-received releases in recent years, I think moving away from RE for a spell would be prudent. After all, that new Dino Crisis isn't gonna' make itself.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The longest gap between RE games was 2 years. That's it. We've had games almost every year since 1996. A game in 2019 and 2020 cannot possible make you feel it is saturated.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
No. As long as they keep the quality up they can keep pumping them out.

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
As someone that doesn't play them: No. If I ever wanted to get into it, I no longer would have to play the games with horrible tank controls just to catch up with the story. :)

Jul 24, 2018
I prefer weaker and classic zombies that are scarier in bigger numbers. I like crimson head zombies, but I don't like every zombie being a bullet sponge.
I always found the classic zombies to be quite silly, the way they moan make them sound like a bunch of old men who just got rudely awakened from their nap, and it's not like it didn't take a couple of bullets to put them down too. I like Crimson Heads too though, wish they had made a return.

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
RE7 revives the franchise for me.

RE2 took it to amazing new heights.

RE3 is a fun booster pack to 2.

But, yeah, I am hoping RE8 is a return to 7's look and feel -- if only to keep things fresh comparatively.