• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
I know it's a huge IP and stuff but I feel like there's always one coming out as of late. I dunno. I like the IP but it's becoming a bit too overused. Maybe it's because we had RE2 and RE3 back and RE3 had some cut fan content and wasn't as polished as RE2 But it's starting to get a bit over saturated for me. I hope they take a break and work on some other IPS. Something refreshing again like RE7

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
There have always been a ton of RE games. I just stick to the mainline ones and I haven't gotten sick of them.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Yep. The demo of re3 bored the heck out of me. Couldn't even bother to finish it

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not after RE2 and RE3.

Call of Duty on the other hand can go away and never return for all I care.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
They just need to put more effort into RE8/RE4 remake. RE3 Remake was definitely a step down quality-wise from RE2 Remake (boss fights aside)

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mainline numbered games still only come out about every 5 years or so. The two remakes we've gotten in a short time span is a special case and I doubt we'll be seeing a similar situation again for a while.

Deleted member 29237

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Re7 and RE2make have been my favourites of the series, so no. If anything I wish there were other survival horror series still going as well as I don't really care for jump scare stuff.

Jan 15, 2018
Not at all, the series is in the best place it's been since 4 came out. I was pretty tired of the series in those intervening years between 4 and 7 though.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like the new ones, VII felt like a ride where I had little interaction and I didn't the repetitive Mr X and bullet sponge zombies in the new ones. Never thought I'd see the day when I'd turn down a remake of RE3 but there you go.

I didn't mind the Revelations games but they were years ago.

Kamiyouni

Oct 30, 2017
Considering I haven't played an RE game in years no. Primarily working on my backlog with MonHun getting my main game.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Not tired, just disappointed that it's an annual franchise now.

Resident Evil 3 could use more time.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
After these two most recent remakes, I'd be perfectly ok with putting to rest the "old" RE. End it on a high note.

At the same time, I'm super excited for the RE7-approach. More horror, (slightly) less cheese.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Not at all

Especially since Triple A survival horror titles aren't exactly in vast abundance.

Oct 25, 2017
Nope

trash like COD and BF have more frequent releases so im glad that a franchise i actually enjoy is getting more frequent releases now too

bender

Oct 27, 2017
I was a little burned out in the time frame that included RE5, RE6, Revelations and Revelations 2 as I think the overall quality dipped. Of late? Not so much. I really enjoyed RE7 and RE2:Remake. I'm having a good time with the RE3:Remake but haven't finished yet. The original was one of my least favorite mainline titles so my expectations for this release have been pretty tempered.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
The opening hours of RE3 have been absolutely exhilarating so far. Series is fresh as ever.

s0l0kill

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If they continue with games like RE3R then yes, if they go back to what made 7 and 2 good, nope.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I really dont want it to turn into a yearly mainline game series because of this fear of burning out

I dunno its weird to describe

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Loved 2 my GOTY last year, playing and enjoying 3 a lot now.

I'll get a break from it soon as RE8 rumours sound terrible which will stop the franchise fatigue for me :p

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
If they will sacrifice replay value and content for the sake of annual releases, then I will vote against what they are doing with my wallet.

RE3 remake is the first mainline RE I'm skipping ever.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
No, I want them annual.
There aren't games like RE every year like many other genres.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
skipping remakes seems like a smart idea if you're getting burned out.

they went through like a decade of bad mainline sequels until 7 came out and was radically different than the rest of the series. i expect 8 will be similarly refreshing.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Doesn't matter how you or I feel about it so long as the fans are happy and craving more.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
yes, capcom needs something besides re and street fighter already as their mainstays