• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ch4534532

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 3, 2019
I thought I made it through the holidays unscathed, but it just got me. This sucks.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Yep. My sister is recovering from strep, I think I caught it. Her best friend is sick too.

If it wasn't her, I probably caught it from one of my students before I left for the holidays. My throat is killing me, and weirdly enough my nose has had a feeling similar to that one you get when you inhale pool water through it all day.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, there's something blasting around North America, probably the world right now. Moves damn quick. Feels like a regular head cold.

3rd major cold this year I've noticed. Last one wasn't that long ago.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Stopped getting sick around the holidays once we got a fake Christmas tree. Coincidence? I think not.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've had a really intense time dealing with allergies. Moved into a new place last month and I have carpets again for the first time in maybe 12 years. I don't know exactly what it is but it's fucking awful. Either I can't breathe, can't stop sneezing, or coughing my brains out. Or a combination of all that. I feel like I've loaded on allergy meds enough that it's wearing down and now all I'm left with a super sore throat and nose congestion. Way to ring in the new year....

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
I got a double whammy as I'm still recovering from the stroke I had about a month ago and then I caught a cold that made its way through my wife and kids first. I was so sure I was going to get by this year without catching a cold but it didn't work out for me sadly.

I usually catch a little something when the weather changes so it's not that surprising, my body just hates cold weather.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
I have a pretty sore throat and body aches and general malaise. No fever yet, but I can feel it coming. Literally my entire front desk staff at my hotel has the plague right now, and my wife brought it home from her work where 2 people have been hospitalized with pneumonia in the last 3 weeks. I was doing well for most of the year so far, minus the pink eye I got about a month ago. Now I'm stuck working 12 hr shifts because I'm the least sick of my staff so far.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
Thought I avoided catching anything. But then I got a few outbreaks of hives. Went to the doctor to find out if I have some new allergy, and she told me it's most likely a cold virus causing it. Weird and itchy, but I'll take it over a fever and non-stop runny nose.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, sick of all the chocolate sweets I got for Christmas. I don't even like chocolate all that much.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Flew out to CA to visit dad and go to a friendsmas with a bunch of friends. Got a cold two days in and just starting to recover. Fucking sucks.

oni_saru

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Ugh I'm barely recovering after 2-3 weeks of a terrible cold. Missed almost a whole week of work. Then my Xmas break sucked because I was sick the whole time. We had to essentially cancel our Xmas plans. So we are having a late Xmas celebration on New Years.

This winter really sucked ;~;

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Stomach bug or something. Ulcer? I have no idea but feel like I've had heartburn for 24 hours. Never had this before. Pain right in my stomach area. Ugh!

V23

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished recovering for a two-week flu/cold. I was so relieved that I was 90% better for Christmas Day after also being sick on Christmas two years ago.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I visited some family the Friday before Christmas for a gift exchange, and they were all sick. I told my wife $100 says were getting sick lol. She ended up getting sick the next day, and I made it all the way to Monday before it finally hit me. It's now Saturday night and I'm still completely plugged up. Our anniversary is on NYE so we are really hoping this bug passes soon.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really drink anymore, been about 3 months since I've even tasted any alcohol.

So what ive noticed is other people seem to all get sick at the same time, and j just dont.

I had a glass of wine yesterday to see how it would feel and was scared I'd compromised my immune system.

Literally got sniffles that night but have recovered already tonight.

In short, I think it's all the drinking that does it to us.

ArachosiA

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, have a pretty bad cold that everyone I know has had. It's been about 5 years since I've been sick, so I was due. First 2 days were pretty unpleasant, but it's day 6 and I'm getting back to normal. I think within 3 days I'l be back at 100%

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I've been so sick for the last 2 days. Throat hurts like hell, coughing like crazy.

WTF DID YOU GIVE ME ERA!?!?!