• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DonNadie

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My wife and two kids got sick(104f fever, lots of coughing and fatigue) for a week or so. I've been ok so far, but (even though a had the flu shot already) riding the train everyday I know is just a matter of time.

coldzone24

Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I'm fine now, but I had the most inconveniently timed 24 hour flu that landed right on Christmas day. I was pretty much comatose on my parents couch the entire day. And then by the 26th I was almost back to 100%.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Yeah, think I am coming out the other side of a cold. Was dead yesterday but today I seem to be better. Though as the day wears on I am not so sure. Bloody cold. Drink anymore hot orange juice and I am going to turn into one.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I was stuck for a day right before Xmas. Worst sinus headache I've ever had.

My son has a fever of 104F and had been throwing up all day yesterday. Still sick today.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Battled a nasty hangover this morning, feeling a bit better but it hasn't fully gone away, not sure if it's lingering or if I'm in the early stages of a cold.

Back in late October I had the flu and I didn't feel like myself again until the end of November, it was ROUGH.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I've had sinus pressure and felt on the verge of actually getting sick for like a week now. I'd rather just be full-on bedridden sick than this purgatory

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
My wife and two kids got sick(104f fever, lots of coughing and fatigue) for a week or so. I've been ok so far, but (even though a had the flu shot already) riding the train everyday I know is just a matter of time.
I got a flu shot a few weeks ago. This isn't the flu that everyone is getting, it's a bad cold or something.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
head cold for a week

not fun

its a tough germ......he isn't leaving

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
2 days of Norovirus for me here in the UK.
Non stop puking on friday, non stop diarrhoea yesterday.

Over the worst now though and can once again fart safely

Nox Potens

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I got to be one of those lucky 1 or 2% of people that had side effects from the flu shot. Sore throat and congestion. Ugh it sucks, but at least it isnt the flu.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I've had a fever / cold since Friday night. It's been tough.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
Had an absolutely mental flu with a chest infection and horrific scratchy throat. Killed me off for nearly a month and everyone caught it. First time I've ever had a week off work, absolutely horrendous.

Get well soon those who are ill!

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Bad sinus infection. Sore throat is finally gone but I can hear myself wheeze if I lay the wrong way, and I'm still so congested I can barely concentrate. Got sent from work early because my co-workers got too concerned about me and asked a manager on my behalf. Symptoms started the day, the DAY after I saw RoS, no less. 8th day of being sick. God. Godddd.

CrunchyB

Oct 29, 2017
Just about recovered from a nasty flu that lasted a week. Started with sore back and shoulders, mild headache/dizziness, then fever and a runny nose. I drank a ton of water because I was sweating everything out.

Christmas was no fun.

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
I had it once this season but my mother ended up with it TWICE (yes she had the flu shot but she works retail so she's around germy people all day). Sounds like it wasn't as bad the second time but still yeesh.

Murasaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Deep North
There certainly seems to be a lot of it about at the moment :(

- UK here

Miserable time to be ill but I suppose that when there's more travel and more social interactions it's to be expected.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I got sick like 2 weeks ago with a cold. Then I got better over the week, but got sick again last Monday. I've had a lingering cough since. I think I might get sick again.

Snowybreak

Oct 25, 2017
I am currently dealing with a really intense cold that has been beating my ass over the past couple of days. I don't normally get sick at all during the winter, but for some reason this season decided to grace me with two bouts of it.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
Yup, went to my sister's place for Christmas and had nephews and a niece spitting, coughing and sneezing on us all day long. My mother felt bad on the day we left, I started feeling bad the next night. Feeling better today but still am fighting the last vestiges of the 'flu, chesty coughs and a seriously sore throat. Managed to make it over to the chemist's today and got some Septabene spray and Benylin4Flu so we're both doing marginally better at this late point in the day.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was sick as a dog the entire week of Christmas, still recovering and I've got a long road trip tomorrow.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
all of last week some fever thing hit me and now i'm just stuck with a runny nose...

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I am now. I think it's from when my bro's GF stopped by on Christmas, she sounded super sick/stuffy but said it was allergies lol

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No, but my daughter has a low grade fever and my son has a cough, so it's probably just a matter of time.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Have a MASSIVE head cold and painful cough. Can't sleep to get better. Not sure if it's the FLU but I am useless right now.