Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2018
Anyone wanna speculate on what kind of DLC Javelins to expect? I know it's probably a little early for that since the game's not even out, but I had a couple of ideas.

A medic Javelin with a lot of acid based primers. And an engineer Javelin with gadgets and deployables for battlefield control.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Anyone wanna speculate on what kind of DLC Javelins to expect? I know it's probably a little early for that since the game's not even out, but I had a couple of ideas.

A medic Javelin with a lot of acid based primers. And an engineer Javelin with gadgets and deployables for battlefield control.
Was thinking the same. Some kind of support Javelin would be nice. I would probably main a healer/support Javelin. I also think a Pet/Engineer Javelin would be great.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
A big part of destiny is getting new armor and making yourself look good.

Not even going to lie, one of my biggest turn offs about the game is that the armor is all cosmetic as well. I like stats and just wearing and making the "better" stuff just work as well as getting new looks as drops with them actually mattering gameplay wise as well.

I expect another melee based one.

GreyHand23

Apr 10, 2018
Throughout the week I've been releasing supplemental videos to pair with my Anthem Ability Damage Chart, these videos show all of the different Javelin's abilities, so far I've released a video for Storm and Ranger, today is Interceptor:

Colossus will be ready for this time tomorrow and then I'll finally have all the videos done for each of the Javelins. Then we just have to wait for Friday to roll around so we can all jump back into the Demo!

The only thing you missed is that the interceptor ultimate also leaves a damage over time on any enemy you attack so it can be beneficial to bounce around with it instead of just staying on one target.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Have they talked at all about buffing the colossus? from my VERY limited browsing it seemed like that was the one that felt underpowered.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Have they talked at all about buffing the colossus? from my VERY limited browsing it seemed like that was the one that felt underpowered.
There are some drops that the Colossus needs to make him more viable. I noticed from the start he felt a little weaker but its mainly due to havign to change how you play him. Cannot really go in all guns blazing haha.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018

They haven't so far no. But from what I have heard the colossus has gear that majorly improves its shield and health pool. So I think it just needs to be geared up properly to tank effectively.

Oct 30, 2017
The problem with this is the prices aren't even final. BioWare has said they aren't final. People should maybe hold the outrage until the game actually comes out.

Yeah I agree, outrage is overkill, but it's good for people to criticize the potential of what the store front could be based on a leaked image. This at least means bioware had considered these prices. This way the dev's get feedback.

But you can buy all cosmetics with coins which are earned from playing the game. You don't need to spend any more money ever to get all cosmetics.

Yeah I know, I mentioned that. But I doubt you're going to be able to grind for everything in a time efficient way. I buy the fortnite battle pass and I still cant afford skins that come up every day in the store, unless I spend another 10 to 20 usd. So technically you can save VBucks, but I would have to save all earned bucks for months to get the best skin.

Also, like I said in my other post this all doesn't mean prices cant be reasonable. I think that people would like to spend more if the prices weren't so high. Outside of the prices, I'm fine with the model their going with. No issues with cosmetic store.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
There are some drops that the Colossus needs to make him more viable. I noticed from the start he felt a little weaker but its mainly due to havign to change how you play him. Cannot really go in all guns blazing haha.

You can with the flamethrower and electrocution...it worked great.

GreyHand23

Apr 10, 2018
I never knew this myself, very cool.

Here's the quote from one of the devs about it.

"Insider tip, the Interceptor ultimate leaves a lingering DoT attack (in the form of the Interceptor's projection continuing to attack) on any creatures you hit. So in many cases the most effective overall DPS is to actually attack as many different enemies as you can. Obviously continuing to attack the same target still does tons of damage but it can be awesome to "share the love" haha."

Dev Comment on Reddit

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Got an e-mail from EA with a survey about thoughts on the demo.

Typed in my criticisms on the second page and then it took a while to load and then crashed and lost my comments. Lol, survey works just as well as the demo did!

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
I have my Xbox controller ready to go if toning down mouse sensitivity for swimming does not do the trick. As soon as I can get in game, will head to freeroam to swim. If I can't find a way to not puke after 30s in water I will have to cancel, which is a pity since the overall gameplay was fun and playing with friends was awesome.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only tweet I care about is "The infinite loading screen bug has been fixed!" for the open demo. Any updates on that front?

That seriously ruined the entire VIP demo weekend for me. I am not going to sit there and restart the game every time I want to load a mission.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
The only tweet I care about is "The infinite loading screen bug has been fixed!" for the open demo. Any updates on that front?

That seriously ruined the entire VIP demo weekend for me. I am not going to sit there and restart the game every time I want to load a mission.

They better fix that in time for the open demo, otherwise it will be a disaster

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, this has got to be paramount. People literally being unable to play the game is kind of a big deal.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017

If they don't fix that in the open demo, the game is dead, IMO.

SofaJockey

Nov 19, 2017
UK
You've played 28 hours where? VIP demo?

Two solid days in the VIP Demo, I'd say 8 hours on each of Saturday and Sunday.
Plus the Closed Alpha I can't talk about (BioWare happening to switch the server back on for an extra day helped massively ;-)

Full disclosure: I am seriously pumped for this, it's right on my gaming sweet spot.

Cahill

Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut, USA

Agreed 100% I was trying to play with friends and the loading issue absolutely ruined everyone's excitement for the game. It took one of my friends 7 fkn tries to finally get a mission to load and that one ended up having horrible lag and rubber banding. Ugh.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
They haven't so far no. But from what I have heard the colossus has gear that majorly improves its shield and health pool. So I think it just needs to be geared up properly to tank effectively.

This is true. and what we need to keep in mind is as far as balance is concerned we are looking at a small and non-representative slice of gameplay.
Nobody in the final game is going to be spending hours running around at level 15 using general components and gear that is at most rare in quality.

They'll be level 30 with higher quality gear with unique modifiers and likely class specific components. The colossus, for example, picks up a TON, of health and shields from it's components but it's not unreasonable to think that at max level it might also be able to find a way to regain it's lost health in combat beyond simply armor packs that drop on the ground, giving it sustain to compete with other javelins. We don't know the entirety of what's going to be available to us at high level and a few simple effects could catapult that same colossus into the role of the most powerful javelin.

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Are the loading screens when entering a different location going to be in the retail release?
That's the one big gripe I had with the demo(minus my performance issues on pc).
It just felt off, after playing so many open world games without them.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Open world games said in his latest vid that we are getting max rank footage from him really soon. Guess indeed friday.

WizzNARD

Jan 5, 2018

To echo everyone else this was a huge issue and I really hope it's fixed for the open demo and the final game

Same goes for the crashes and rubber banding. I know the rubber banding got a little better but it was so bad as to be unplayable for me and my group at times
Are the loading screens when entering a different location going to be in the retail release?
That's the one big gripe I had with the demo(minus my performance issues on pc).
It just felt off, after playing so many open world games without them.
I think they might be, I seem to remember seeing it in some video or another or one of the newer builds, but I could be wrong. Was a little off putting for sure.

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
Throughout the week I've been releasing supplemental videos to pair with my Anthem Ability Damage Chart, these videos show all of the different Javelin's abilities, so far I've released a video for Storm and Ranger, today is Interceptor:

Colossus will be ready for this time tomorrow and then I'll finally have all the videos done for each of the Javelins. Then we just have to wait for Friday to roll around so we can all jump back into the Demo!

Your videos are very good, except for the size of the graphics on the right side. They take up almost have of the view, and it's hard/annoying to watch the gameplay in the background.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Here we go

At launch we're just gonna have the cosmetic stuff. Post-launch it will really depend on the feedback we get from our consumers and from the players. We have a team in Austin that has been working on an MMO the last six years, Star Wars: The Old Republic. We developed Anthem with Bioware Edmonton and Bioware Austin. Bioware Austin is going to be responsible for taking the live service further, so I'm very comfortable about that, I'm very happy about that. I know they have the experience to listen to the feedback and change the plans according to that feedback. So according to what the players want to see in the game, we may have different stuff.

As much as I respect the work Bioware Austin did on SWTOR, they better be veeeery careful with their "experience" coming from there.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Two solid days in the VIP Demo, I'd say 8 hours on each of Saturday and Sunday.
Plus the Closed Alpha I can't talk about (BioWare happening to switch the server back on for an extra day helped massively ;-)

Full disclosure: I am seriously pumped for this, it's right on my gaming sweet spot.
Yeah I played like crazy when VIP demo worked. It's right in my gaming sweet spot too mate

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Here we go
As much as I respect the work Bioware Austin did on SWTOR, they better be veeeery careful with their "experience" coming from there.
Do we take that then as meaning that Edmonton will be focusing on the content drops/updates and Austin will be focusing on the ongoing live service, new cosmetics...etc? We also know that Motive helped with the Launch Bay, maybe some other studios are making some more post-launch content too.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
I think a melee based large titan with melee weapons as drops would be slick af. Like the counterpoint to the lithe ninja interceptor would be this monstrous hulk like bruiser.
Make it fly super limited. More jumping for looooong distances like the hulk!!!

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
I think a melee based large titan with melee weapons as drops would be slick af. Like the counterpoint to the lithe ninja interceptor would be this monstrous hulk like bruiser.
Make it fly super limited. More jumping for looooong distances like the hulk!!!

I kinda want another lightish one that isn't focused on daggers and throwing stars. Pole arms are never used in stuff like this so why not that with the ability for some melee air control. Think that was one of my bigger disappointments about interceptor; here is a game revolving around flying but all it's melee ability is ground stuff.

Something else I didn't like was how all or nearly all of it's melee skills went where your character was facing at the time instead of where you were aiming. So had to get use to repositioning my character before setting them off or I'd do a rush in the other direction or what not.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Question that's probably been answered somewhere in the last 142 pages, but what the process for participating in the open beta? You gotta signup anywhere or is it just something you can freely download and join?

CRiSC0

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda want another lightish one that isn't focused on daggers and throwing stars. Pole arms are never used in stuff like this so why not that with the ability for some melee air control. Think that was one of my bigger disappointments about interceptor; here is a game revolving around flying but all it's melee ability is ground stuff.

Something else I didn't like was how all or nearly all of it's melee skills went where your character was facing at the time instead of where you were aiming. So had to get use to repositioning my character before setting them off or I'd do a rush in the other direction or what not.

This.

I missed so many Venom Spray attacks with my interceptor because of this. Kind of annoying, but I got used to it.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Question that's probably been answered somewhere in the last 142 pages, but what the process for participating in the open beta? You gotta signup anywhere or is it just something you can freely download and join?
Just download it on the platform of your choice. You can already preload it too, just search for Anthem Demo on your platforms store.

This.

I missed so many Venom Spray attacks with my interceptor because of this. Kind of annoying, but I got used to it.
This is confirmed to be fixed at release. Interceptor suffers most from it in the demo because attacks like Venom Spray and Spark Dash use the direction your character is facing/moving to set their initial direction, at release it'l be where you're targeting/looking at.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017

I will say I enjoyed dropping from heights in that death spin a lot more than i thought i was going to. He is definitely my main so i got a lot of time in but there is a very real feeling that the other 3 classes are way more bombastic and flashy then our stabby boi. Different weapons and the ability to attack while we hover would have been a good start. Not to mention when we launch our super the "activation animation" should be a LOT smaller. Like significantly smaller than the other supers. We aren't aiming a big gun or calling down meteors or rocket pods. We don't need to pause to aim and scan an area... i need that bitch to turn on and then let me loose. Ideal situation - I should be able to boost hard and pull up above the enemy, kill the jets and start a good arc towards the floor while activating my super mid fall, hit the ground with the super already on and then get to cuttin.
You can kinda fake this already if you time the activation right but you still have to do this dumbass little dance for no reason before you go to work. Frustrating.

TCi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What time is the open beta Live In uk?
7jqtp6kx4ld21.jpg

CRiSC0

Oct 27, 2017
Just download it on the platform of your choice. You can already preload it too, just search for Anthem Demo on your platforms store.

This is confirmed to be fixed at release. Interceptor suffers most from it in the demo because attacks like Venom Spray and Spark Dash use the direction your character is facing/moving to set their initial direction, at release it'l be where you're targeting/looking at.

Awesome! Great to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.