• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Can someone tell me why I can't ever seem to pull off a multi kill?

Is there a timer on it or what's up? This tomb quest is never getting done at this point and it's upsetting me. If I suck and can't pull off enough multi kills then I'm not allowed to keep playing this game?

Ridiculous.
You have to kill like 8 nemies in 10 seconds. To count as a multi kill. You can do it however you want.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man the soundtrack is so good it's a shame the rest of the game didn't match up at launch. Just found this breakdown of the Freelancer theme "Valor". Reminds me of Technoman for some reason.

Juturna

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got it last night and played until a server shutdown a bit after midnight. I really like it, but then again I enjoyed Destiny and The Division for what they ended up becoming. Been rolling solo so far, but have a cousin picking it up today so looking forward to some Co-op. There is potential here, I just hope it does well enough out of the gate that EA doesn't pull the plug on it too early.

Xam3l

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Performance got better with this last update. Now I'm just having a weird bug that resets resolution every time I boot up the game and outputs in 1080i until I cahnge fullscreen to windowed to fullscreen again, lol.
This game... but hey, baby steps.

Jaktagious

May 29, 2018
I'm wrapping up the dreaded tomb challenges, what's the fastest way to get chests? That's the one that's taking the most time for me.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Man the soundtrack is so good it's a shame the rest of the game didn't match up at launch. Just found this breakdown of the Freelancer theme "Valor". Reminds me of Technoman for some reason.

Sarah Schachner did an excellent job.
9FGzMZnrrf5thTpGCHqxeK-650-80.jpg

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
There needs to be more strongholds. Why do these types of games always do this? Even 4-6 strikes like vanilla Destiny is nowhere near enough.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
As much as I enjoyed the combat, I'm bored with the game at this point. You can only do the same thing over and over again before it gets boring even if the combat is enjoyable. Just not enough content and there's no pinnacle activity that makes grinding all this loot worth it. GM2 and GM3 is just GM1 with enemies having more health and dishing out more damage. No variations in mechanics. And the loot isn't even better in GM2 or GM3. You just get a higher chance at getting those MW and Legendary items. This just isn't a game I can sink hundreds of hours into.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
New one coming in April...
To be honest with the amount of content they released I was kinda hoping for a stronghold a month, starting in March. I kinda gave them the benefit of the doubt thinking the game released with little content to give the impression that lots would be added quickly afterwards. Freeplay events for an entire month (when another looter shooter that by the way looks great) is releasing, won't retain the player base. Not to mention it might even be more than a month, because "April" has 30 days, and they didn't exactly tell us when any of the content will drop.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
This is a reminder of whats happens when game development is handed over to businessmen and not designers. Although in this case I'll also blame BioWare for shitting the bed after so many years.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
To be honest with the amount of content they released I was kinda hoping for a stronghold a month, starting in March. I kinda gave them the benefit of the doubt thinking the game released with little content to give the impression that lots would be added quickly afterwards. Freeplay events for an entire month (when another looter shooter that by the way looks great) is releasing, won't retain the player base. Not to mention it might even be more than a month, because "April" has 30 days, and they didn't exactly tell us when any of the content will drop.
Yes, agreed.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
As much as I enjoyed the combat, I'm bored with the game at this point. You can only do the same thing over and over again before it gets boring even if the combat is enjoyable. Just not enough content and there's no pinnacle activity that makes grinding all this loot worth it. GM2 and GM3 is just GM1 with enemies having more health and dishing out more damage. No variations in mechanics. And the loot isn't even better in GM2 or GM3. You just get a higher chance at getting those MW and Legendary items. This just isn't a game I can sink hundreds of hours into.

I think that's the problem for Anthem...the fun (for many players) wears out too fast. There will be plenty of folks who embrace the grind repetition, but how many and for how long is the question.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
It's truly a fucking shame. I've only played a few hours and will continue to do so, but I was hoping to continue playing for a long time. I don't think I have a reason to continue when Division 2 drops. Maybe I'll revisit the game in the times that D2 content is down, but that game is looking so fully feature packed (40hr campaign + End Game focus from PVP and PVE perspective) that I just don't know.

I can't be the only one thinking of doing this too... And tbh in my current life I just don't have the time to dedicate to more than one game, specially a GaaS, at a time. Anthem sadly for me went from being a game I play for a long time, to one that is a time waster until March hits.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's truly a fucking shame. I've only played a few hours and will continue to do so, but I was hoping to continue playing for a long time. I don't think I have a reason to continue when Division 2 drops. Maybe I'll revisit the game in the times that D2 content is down, but that game is looking so fully feature packed (40hr campaign + End Game focus from PVP and PVE perspective) that I just don't know.

I can't be the only one thinking of doing this too... Anthem sadly for me went from being a game I play for a long time, to one that is a time waster until March hits.

Yeah I feel the same way. My group of friends that I play with regularly were all playing last night and within an hour or two everyone gradually got off one by one due to a variety of bugs or frustration. Playing Anthem in its current state just made me more excited for Division 2 because the endgame in that is actually substantial.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Uh...

In freeplay fighting a titan and suddenly loading screen for a minute... then "The server has shut down" and spat back out at Fort Tarsis with no additional message. Where can I find the loot I'd picked up, didn't seem to be in the forge? What happened?

Managed to just jump back into another freeplay immediately after.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm playing all the Main story missions solo (except for the Strongholds)...playing with a group on Normal difficulty is a cakewalk and I need a bit of a challenge...the other reason is that you can potentially miss out on quest information and dialogue if another team member is too far ahead of you and triggers things

Rilian

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
Uh...

In freeplay fighting a titan and suddenly loading screen for a minute... then "The server has shut down" and spat back out at Fort Tarsis with no additional message. Where can I find the loot I'd picked up, didn't seem to be in the forge? What happened?

Managed to just jump back into another freeplay immediately after.
Once you end your current freeplay, the loot from the one you disconnected from should be available.

deafmedal

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna hop on in a bit, hopefully today runs smooth. I played for several hours yesterday and had some interesting issues pop up:
While redoing a mission that didn't count as complete for my buddy when we ran it the first time I was mashing buttons during the cutscene and it was like I was still in combat. This proceeded to cause the screen to go black for me and another buddy and it did not correct once back in combat. Had to quit out to fix, although I'm not sure what would have happened had my buddy been able to complete the mission with us "blacked out".​
Had a hard crash where the screen went static-y and could not bring up PS dashboard.​
Had a freeze that locked up my PS, I could access the PS button but nothing else worked in game or on the dashboard. Lead to a restart in which my PS was very mad at me and was banging on about my external drive needing fixed (game is installed on an external ssd).​
One of the tombs took a very long time to load. Like minutes. Loads have normally been very decent for me.​
Other than those (one of which is kinda worrisome...) issues had a good time. Worst part of the tomb quest was flying to the tombs once all the objectives were met. I can totally see how folk would dread that quest when it was "bugged" but I really just had world events and chests to complete once the quest popped so a bit of freeplay was all it took.

Really enjoying some of the characters and lore bits. Some good humor in there too. Would like to see a waypoint marker added for the open map similar to the mission marker, would have made finding the tombs and friends more easy.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
The technical issues in this game are ridiculous. Loading screens timing out, colors being wrong, loading into the end if missions, my controller inputs stopped working, so many mission glitches where they don't progress I can't even count. It's just a really shitty customer experience and all involved in releasing this like this should be ashamed.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Playing Solo, the Colossus is kind of a game changer. The way you can just run through 80% of all mobs with your shield out is putting every other class to shame :o

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
This is a minor thing, but why does the playtime on PS4 only show the hours played and not the minutes??

Soj

Oct 27, 2017

One a month still wouldn't be enough. Repeatable content needs enough variety to not become mind numbing.

I'm enjoying the hell out of this game, but I feel like I've run these things to death already.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
So I bought the game (Still haven't opened it yet), but all the medicore to negative press and impressions I've been reading is making me consider returning it. I already wasn't super hyped for it like I'd hoped I'd be, but all this has just made me even more unsure. I enjoy games like Destiny and I'm ok with some grinding, but only when there's a decent amount of content to make it varied and enjoyable.

Do you guys think I should keep it or just return it for something else? Is it even worth playing at this point in time? There's also the creeping feeling I get that this game is going to drop hard in price quickly if it doesn't sell well, which would annoy me even more if I kept it paying full price.

Revan Ren

Jan 11, 2018
Is the game as bad as the reviews are saying?

No. It really depends on how much you enjoy the flying around and shooting simple mobs and bulletsponges. While that part is fun the rest ranges from mundane to just plain bad. I'd give it around a 65-70. When it's fun it's really fun but it just doesn't maintain that feeling for more than few minutes at a time. I'd recommend it at the $25 price point.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Boy, that new Guardian armor pack is fire.

Anthem-2019-02-23-13-01-39-947.jpg

Is the game as bad as the reviews are saying?

Yes, it actually is. The only good thing about it is flying, the "graphics" (other than the Javelins and particle effects, the aesthetics are mind-numbingly dull and played out since last gen) and combos. The world is dull and lifeless, the story isn't beyond mediocre, the guns are mostly boring and the loot in general is boring after a point. Get past that and you have all of the loading screens to deal with.

Last edited:

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Is there a way to preview anything in the cosmetic shop, like textures, armour, animations?

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
People keep complaining about the tombs but it really wasn't bad. My guess is that it's there as a tutorial into freeplay mode. The only thing that sucked about it was reviving 3 people. As a solo player that sucked. Everything else was easy and I had a lot of it completed before I even got to that quest.

That was pretty easy as well as you can revive some of the NPC's that are around and it counts towards it. Or jus play freeplay on hard and someone around you will die.... lol

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Do you still get Loot drops, even if you dont pick them up? Like are they collected in the end of match screen?

Stock

Oct 25, 2017
Luxembourg
Saw Anthem is already $49.99 on Newegg, is this next day drop the fastest retail discount for a full-priced AAA game? Tomb Raider dropped in price fairly quickly but don't recall it happening the next day.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
This is the thing that is getting me the most, you lose any right to the tag of "AAA" developer when bug ridden code like this is released.
Yeah it's a mess! Last night I was good for the first like 2 hours or so and then just ridiculous errors everywhere. I am actually enjoying the gameplay loop but it just takes so much to get there. I just had the Forge load with none of the text so I had to exit the load screen, go back to Fort Tarsis, get back to another Forge load screen. This game could have been great (and is actually really fun when playing with friends) but these technical issues are pretty inexcusable.