• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Josecitox

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
I just can't wrap my head on how people can be so dumb, i just can't. This reddit post, JFC.

You know, the media really has started to be way too temperamental, YouTubers included. Back in the days of Total Biscuit, the gaming community managed to rally together to improve our lot. It really was great, and I was proud to be a part of it.

These days, the media and the community can hurt a game a whole lot more than help it. This game has been a perfect example. People playing the beta, or the 10 hour trial, and freaking out over bugs or minor inconveniences. Do you remember when beta's were there FOR bugs, so that we could get them ironed out before the game released? Rather than just being a place for people to decide if the game is good or bad, based on an early release version of the game? Bioware has been fantastic throughout the period of the beta and 10 hour trial. Everything we've been bringing up on the Reddit, that has been important, has had a direct response. This should be praised as one of the more successful betas of date, for being so heavy on the community interaction.

Yet, that's not the case. Instead, people are using Anthem as an instrument in their hate against EA. Most of the comments I've seen outside of this subreddit, are from people who haven't played the beta or trial, and are being swayed by the drivel that is coming from the media.

I'll show you a perfectly good example. Angry Joe just put out a new video. (I'll link it in a comment below.) Go to the comment section, sort by newest, and just read them. It hurts to see that many people swayed by the drama over such simple and easily fixed problems.

Someone tell me it's an elaborated copy pasta, please.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Just tested loading times from the new patch.

Loading into a mission is faster now, 50 seconds compared to 60+ before patch. And going back to Fort Tarsis takes only 25 seconds compared to 60 seconds previously, the biggest improvement for me. PC on a HDD.

Performance is more or less the same.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
i had to watch the big cutscene on youtube.......i infinite loaded right before it. Man i would loved to have seen that actually in game.

Now im staring at another 95% load screen again.....twice in a day. I want to play this game so much, its addicting, its fun as hell and flying around as basically iron man is one of the most fun things I've done for traversal this gen outside spiderman

yes, the infinite loading bug is back based on the bug list in reddit

Totenkinder

Oct 27, 2017
Been playing since the patch and the game is still a hot mess. Just kicked me out of a freeplay mission for no reason, loading times still feel way too long, not getting pulled ahead during missions as often as I was before but...

Idk all I can think of when playing is there's a really great concept underneath an incredible amount of terrible design choices and overall blandness to the world-building. The menus are probably the worst I've encountered in a game ever. Also they clearly should not have used Frostbite.. This whole thing is kind of heartbreaking I'm glad some people are enjoying it and don't mean to take anything away from that but in its current state this is just not the game for me : (

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Hey the loads are alot better after that initial first few. Getting to the forge especially. Also enabeling Vsync really helped

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
I got my first legendary. It's just the same item as the masterwork gear 5 minutes ago but with more garbage rolls. Yay.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
If only the rest of the game was as good as the gameplay and customization...

D7jcDgE.jpg
looks bad ass. I said the same thing about destiny for a good year lol. Gameplay was good enough to keep my playing.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
i had to watch the big cutscene on youtube.......i infinite loaded right before it. Man i would loved to have seen that actually in game.

Now im staring at another 95% load screen again.....twice in a day. I want to play this game so much, its addicting, its fun as hell and flying around as basically iron man is one of the most fun things I've done for traversal this gen outside spiderman
yeah that sucks. It really is fun and shows me what the potential of the game is.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
they had 6 years and Destiny/Division to look at

what is their excuse

Every dev struggles with this genre, even Bungie who is undoubtedly the best at it constantly flubs it.

I wasn't excusing the games shortcomings, I'm just saying it has to be soul crushing to see your game self destructing before your eyes. There are aspects that are good, so obviously some teams within the company pulled their weight.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
Every dev struggles with this genre, even Bungie who is undoubtedly the best at it constantly flubs it.

I wasn't excusing the games shortcomings, I'm just saying it has to be soul crushing to see your game self destructing before your eyes. There are aspects that are good, so obviously some teams within the company pulled their weight.

yup, everything just feels so disjointed, especially in Tarsis

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
I wanted to love this game.

I was putting in time from last Friday until today. I got to Epic rank javelin for all four of the suits.

I can't do this shit. This is not a finished game.

I hope you all who want to love this game can do so. I can't. And I can't talk positively about it at all past the flight and basic gameplay out in the world, so I'm out.

I hope you all get the game you deserve. I caution people on the fence to wait.

grizzmo

Oct 31, 2017
Feelin bad for all those people with new bugs popping up for them. Figure I'm lucky for only getting the old no audio bug...

Got a 459 Ranger and 461 Storm. I really want to like this game, but man is it rough right now, pre and post patch. Seems like every vanilla release of these GaaS shooters has a litany of problems.

At the very least, the devs seem to be open going forward. That 90-day roadmap they talked about in their last stream will be interesting to say the least. Hope to give it another look in a few months, after more fixes/new content.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck it. I'm done until they fix this shit.

Now everytime I load the game up it defaults to 1980x720 @ 50hz instead of 1080p at 60hz. If i change it my fps plummets to 10fps.

I'm not dealing with this shit anymore.

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
So umm, are we ever going to get new javelin models? Or are they going full micro transactions with this, kinda sucks that you barely get any new skins. I have a feeling that this will be introduced with a new heavy influenced mechanic tied to micro transactions. They have been very quiet about it.

cyress8

Avenger
Anything other than weapons drop higher than masterwork?

Got 7 Masterwork weapons but stuck at 36 on everything else.

Heart of Rage stronghold seems to be a good one to run for masterworks. Just wish it would stop dropping the same damn weapons.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
I haven't had the chance to play since opening weekend (nine hours in), but hearing the reports about the day one patch, I think I may wait for a longer period of time before jumping into Anthem. I don't want to sour myself to the game; and when they fix the problems, which I do believe they will (however long that takes is an unknown), I'll be there to enjoy it.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Anything other than weapons drop higher than masterwork?

Got 7 Masterwork weapons but stuck at 36 on everything else.

Heart of Rage stronghold seems to be a good one to run for masterworks. Just wish it would stop dropping the same damn weapons.

Are you running on GM1 or Hard? Hard has a smaller MW pool.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
How am I only just now finding out that you can use different types of metals like silver and platinum for the styles like aged metal and worn metal?