• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

pompo

Oct 25, 2017
For the revive javelins requirement, it works with NPCs. Just find a world quest with NPC javelins and wait till they die. I did it really quickly that way.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a recommended level for hard strongholds? I'm at 151 power and level 15 and get shredded still.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does it? Genuinely curious.

It doesnt drop. Not only that, but theres no way to make your javelin look different (Apart from colors) other than buying 1 different armor for each class from the store. Yes, thats right. You cant even buy different armors.

Unless the game really didnt launch and on the 22nd there will be dozens of armors and skins to buy on the store, you are stuck while trying to change your Javelins appearance.

Crash331

Oct 28, 2017
For the revive javelins requirement, it works with NPCs. Just find a world quest with NPC javelins and wait till they die. I did it really quickly that way.
Wow, thanks, I'll try this.

EDIT:

THANK YOU!!!!!

I did the world mission to Defeat Ursix near the Honor Valley Dam. Got 2 of the revives I needed in about 5 minutes.

Last edited:

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I guess it's part of the completion bug then, I've done dozens and dozens of them all :(

As I said, the stuff retroactively counting doesn't seem to happen to everyone.

Unless others are saying I somehow got to the Tomb Trials without doing any missions? (I record everything for work purposes.)
DzglorvXcAAEs0X.jpg:large

My Trials were entirely zeroed out. 100 percent. None of my previous repairs, missions, chests of world events counted.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what happened, but yesterday the build was smooth as butter on PC and today it is hitching up a storm.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
SO fucking dumb that chests opening only count if you open them. Basically makes team play pointless for the tomb. HATE some of the dumb design decisions in this game.

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As I said, the stuff retroactively counting doesn't seem to happen to everyone.

Unless others are saying I somehow got to the Tomb Trials without doing any missions? (I record everything for work purposes.)

My Trials were entirely zeroed out. 100 percent. None of my previous repairs, missions, chests of world events counted.

The menu does not work for a lot of people. You will have to consult the Tomb door to see how much it is left. Mine said I didnt do anything, but the door tracked the stuff that I did.

Oct 30, 2017
Gotta love the EA system of letting people try their game, beat it in under two days, run strong holds and contracts, repeat until they get bored and cancel sub all in under a month while they possibly wait for new content if another game doesn't get their attention first. That's gotta be the best deal ever.

on a scale of 1 to 10 how are people liking the story so far? That was the most interesting part for me going into this game.

Also, how is the content outside of the story? is there enough to keep your attention long term, or are people going to be good in a few weeks? Are you more than likely going to keep your sub or buy the full game?

Last edited:

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Game probably made specifically for you
I've played hundreds of hours of ME multiplayer and Anthem def scratches that itch
If you've played a lot of ME multiplayer you won't have trouble spotting the DNA. I mean. Shields, armor system, jumping, powers/detonation combos etc
Sounds great! I just got EA Access Basic and I'm downloading the 10 hour demo now. I would get it on Access Premier, but if I end up getting this game for real, I would want to play it on PS4.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Just go to the grindy part, just going to do side stuff till I clear easy ones before I start trying for ones I won't get thru normal play.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
It doesnt drop. Not only that, but theres no way to make your javelin look different (Apart from colors) other than buying 1 different armor for each class from the store. Yes, thats right. You cant even buy different armors.

Unless the game really didnt launch and on the 22nd there will be dozens of armors and skins to buy on the store, you are stuck while trying to change your Javelins appearance.

That's weird. Hell destiny is primarily a FPS and that has visible armor changes. It's not like the profile and visibility of the Javelins is some big thing in the context of multiplayer. This reeks of cash shop bullshit.

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
Dumb question - how do you get a multi kill? I've tossed out countless grenaded and used my ult many times and somehow have never gotten one.

I just read a dev post to help a friend, they said 8 kills, each kill has to be done within 10 seconds of each other.
You can do it any way, going a collosus in easy mode and find a pack works.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
That's weird. Hell destiny is primarily a FPS and that has visible armor changes. It's not like the profile and visibility of the Javelins is some big thing in the context of multiplayer. This reeks of cash shop bullshit.

The available items to buy changes weekly. It also appears that a lot of the earnable armor pieces are from the faction system. (This is also how you unlock the gold/silver/bronze/etc materials)

There absolutely is stuff in the MTX shop (Diamond Plate material being one), but from the current rate you can get Coin (~4500 coin per day for dailies, plus whatever you get from weeklies and the alliance system) none of it seems priced terribly.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
The menu does not work for a lot of people. You will have to consult the Tomb door to see how much it is left. Mine said I didnt do anything, but the door tracked the stuff that I did.

My menu started updating just fine once I started doing stuff, and the doors match the menus. Later in the same recording.
My previous actions were not counted. Yes, it's likely a bug. Yes, it still happened.

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

They system for armor change is in place, but theres only 1 for each javelin. And you cant get more, just the two skins on store right now. Not even with some crazy "Complete all faction reputations" or something.

When not even the cosmetics are ready for launch, you know that Anthem will suffer a lot with content going forward.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Protip if you're struggling with the "heal javelins" tomb requirement; go into a Hard mission, do nothing to help your team, heal them when they die and then exit. Did all 3 within 5 minutes. #Teamplayer

11 down, 4 to go. Got world events, treasure chests, legendary defeats and collectibles left, all the boring ones basically :\

JayDee

Oct 28, 2017
Just a heads up. I'm watching Seagull's stream and there's another grindy main story mission. It's much worse...

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
are the loot drops completely fucked in this compared to the demo? I barely get anything I can use and Ive already reached pilot level 11. Hell Ive gotten 1 assault system skill out of the few hours ive played so far.

Are they trying to extend the life of the game by reducing drops this drastically ooor?
Yea the loot drops are garbage now.

Crash331

Oct 28, 2017
SO fucking dumb that chests opening only count if you open them. Basically makes team play pointless for the tomb. HATE some of the dumb design decisions in this game.

Just do free roam and do some world missions by yourself. Each one will give you a chest, plus you are bound to find 5-10 more just exploring while looking for world missions.

Honestly, I didn't have any problems with any of it other than revive javelins, but now I see that NPC revives will work, so nothing on the list was a chore AT ALL.

barjed

Project Lead
Verified
Aug 31, 2018
So many mixed feelings. I love Bioware and Anthem is not a bad game but the experience feels a little disappointing. This is Project Dylan we are talking about, a game six years in the making. It was announced as something that will push the envelope for storytelling in an online environment. Does it?

The game is also really modest in some production areas. Only one biome (jungle), limited number of enemies, very few weapon models. I also think that the underlying RPG systems are paperthin, they are barely there. I mean, people hate Inquisition but it craps all over Anthem in terms of systems, variety and production values.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
Anyone else trying to start the access trial only for it to tell you that you don't own the game?

That has been my past 2 hours.

edit: Like anything else once a I complain it decides to work to make me look lile a fool.

Seppala

Oct 27, 2017
The mission structure is really thin. Six hours in and it is go to place, kill everything, do it three times and then back to Tarsis.

And it is another lonely social game. Minimal interaction that does not really do anything meaningfull to the game. And the game really ignores the other players. The story dos not acknowledge them and they are just there during the missions.

I don't see how the multiplayer benefits this game at all besides making the battles easier.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
Lol Seagull's stream.

Level 3 quick play queued into their party on the final mission of the game. They told him to leave and he did, good guy Seag.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
So many mixed feelings. I love Bioware and Anthem is not a bad game but the experience feels a little disappointing. This is Project Dylan we are talking about, a game six years in the making. It was announced as something that will push the envelope for storytelling in an online environment. Does it?

The game is also really modest in some production areas. Only one biome (jungle), limited number of enemies, very few weapon models. I also think that the underlying RPG systems are paperthin, they are barely there. I mean, people hate Inquisition but it craps all over Anthem in terms of systems, variety and production values.

Many people I followed on Twitter share a similar feeling. General consensus is game while have some interesting aspects "and looks pretty", it seemed very hollow. One guy literally said after 17 hours of play, 5 hours are actual content, 10 hours are filler and 2 hours are loading screens. Funny thing is a lot of those people are actually excited playing the Demo...

The review thread for this on ERA will be interesting to watch....

Chick3n

Nov 6, 2018
Lol Seagull's stream.

Level 3 quick play queued into their party on the final mission of the game. They told him to leave and he did, good guy Seag.
It's worse than that. The final mission turns into a repeatable dungeon. They're doing it as a dungeon.

The new player would've matchmaked into a random dungeon and was sent straight into the final mission of the game. With the dialogue still and everything.

edit: Another new player was just sent into their match 😐. You also can't set dungeons to a private lobby, so any new player that searches for a dungeon is potentially going to get screwed.

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's worse than that. The final mission turns into a repeatable dungeon.

The new player would've matchmaked into a random dungeon and was sent straight into the final mission of the game. With the dialogue still and everything.

Wait, what? The final mission becomes a Stronghold to be farmed?

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
are the loot drops completely fucked in this compared to the demo? I barely get anything I can use and Ive already reached pilot level 11. Hell Ive gotten 1 assault system skill out of the few hours ive played so far.

Are they trying to extend the life of the game by reducing drops this drastically ooor?
I get a lot of pistols and shotguns, while LMGs and marksman rifles are not as common, and assault rifles are the most rare drops for me. But I think it's more or less the same, I always have something to upgrade after each mission, and I still need to disassemble lots of loot quite often. You're also encouraged to craft every now and then, the mats are plentiful.

Wait, what? The final mission becomes a Stronghold to be farmed?
Anything wrong with that? That's how it is in The Division too.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Man it didn't take long for people to go from this is great to this is terrible lol

Internet speed at work. Next up we'll settle on "its OK", and then start the process over again on Friday when the PS4 players jump in.

Does it? Genuinely curious.

It's my understanding that armor components drop (basically, mods), but actual armor pieces that change the look of your Javelin are only available through the cosmetics store for earned gold or in-game currency.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
At least Seagull is a nice guy and told them what was going on. Man some of the decisions they've made with this game are crazy :(

Tattarus

Mar 16, 2018
Italy
Multikills are Achieved by killing 8 enemies within 10 second in between each kill (timer resets after every kill)
Source: mike gamble on twitter

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So I just looked at Twitch. Is it true people who had early access already beat the story mode and are in the "endgame"? As in they already beat the story mode?

After only a couple of days?