• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
is this game supposed to be this clunky? There are a lot of times when my character dont move or stuck in an animation. So annoying...
So I probably put about 150 hours in without ever having something like this happen once. Then I decided to start putting hours into my secondary, the interceptor (my main is storm), and i get this all the time it seems. I dunno, it's strange.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like I said, I mostly focus on crowd control. Just freeze mobs with Winter's Storm, do a little damage detonating with Ten Thousand Suns (have one with +35 luck) and mostly let my buddy and the randos do the DPS. I'm only in the high 600s on my storm though, and usually around 660 if I'm farming since i want some luck gear/weapons on rather than all my legendaries. So that's a big reason I don't bother with a DPS build for GM2/3 right now. My buddy's Ranger is low 700s in luck build and mid 700s with best gear.

By the way, i went back to the drawing board with my Storm build yesterday and created an insane DPS build that doubled if not tripled my ten thousand suns damage. Apparently they updated the perks on a lot of Storm masterwork components that i completely ignored the other day.

I use Binary Star and Ten Thousand Suns. I have legendary versions of these but a good MW roll should work. Binary star was my first legendary drop weeks ago and ive been using that almost exclusively because even though its not a primer it still puts a burn effect on enemies which lets you and anyone else combo them. It also hits up dozens of enemies and applies burn damage to them over time. Ten thousand suns got a buff too because now every hit gets you 10% extra damage for 10 seconds instead of 5% for five seconds. 10 hits give you 100% extra damage for 10 seconds.

But the main reason i am using it for this build is that it applies a status effect to an enemy. If you look at the Fire Damage MW component, its new perk is that if you apply a status effect to an enemy your overall Damage goes up by 50%. This is going to increase our Ten Thousand Suns Damage since we will be spamming that while Binary Star recharges. Then I use the electrical damage MW component for its new perk which gives you 60% more damage for killing an enemy. So all you gotta do is hope that one of your attacks kills an enemy and you will get an additional 60% damage. And since you are already doing double the ten thousand suns damage at this point, you should get some kills pretty fast.

Of course, i have the blast damage component that increases my L1 damage, the one that gives me 35% extra elemental damage, the 50% gear damage component, the combo component that increases my R1 damage to supplement these two new components. I had to get rid of 50% gear recharge but i got lucky with a couple of components and got 35% support speed perks on them so it kind of makes up for the lack of gear recharge buff.

And finally, i have the Elemental Rage weapon that gives me an additional 100% elemental damage for hitting an elite enemy 20 times. Its an assault rifle so it takes maybe 2-4 seconds to pump 20 rounds into an elite enemy.

Thats a lot of buffs so lets write them down.

1) 100% Ten Thousand Suns
2) 60% Fire Component
3) 50% Electrical Component
4) 50% L1 Damage component
5) 50% R1 Damage component
6) 100% Elemental Weapon Damage
7) 50% Gear Damage component
8) 35% Elemental Damage Component
9) 20% javenlin damage inscription on Binary Star
10) 20% Gear damage inscription on my primary weapon
11) 20% javelin damage inscription on my secondary weapon

Thats an additional 555% damage. Or 580% if you include the blast damage component perk that should increase ten thousand suns' blast damage by 35%.

My Legendary Binary star's damage is supposed to be 1k. Ten Thousand Suns is 2k. And yet I can do 50k damage with my Ten Thousand Suns if everything procs and 8k damage with binary star and 4k residual burn damage that continuously applies. I'd say each hit of binary star does around 30k damage to enemies and like i said i can hit a couple of dozen enemies with each hit since it shoots out 2 enemy seeking fire balls.

My Ultimate damage went from 250-300k to 650k with this build.

For shits and giggles, i went to GM3 with my legendary storm build. It was missing the fire component, the electrical component. My gear score was 760. I didnt have elemental rage equipped since i dont have a legendary version of it. And i was doing only 25k damage with ten thousand suns. i went up to 40k sometimes but it was only when everything proc'ed which was very rare. So basically my 718 MW build above did more damage than my 760 Legendary storm build. Go figure.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Ended up getting another legendary last night. That time from the daily story mission, and it was a colossus component when I was playing as interceptor (since I'd gotten a legendary from playing my Storm main earlier yesterday that bumped it to GM2 capable). Now I have those three classes over 600 and GM capable. Storm I can get a little over 700 if I equip all my legendaries. But doing that isn't a good build in terms of synergy or luck stat.

So that's four legendaries the last two days (post patch) after only getting two in a lot of hours up to that point. Could just be my RNG being better, but hoping its the patch upping rates a tad. It's still a slow drop rate as I played 5-6 hours each day.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
And why would I give a single damn about the end game right now?

Even if I grinded my ass off in the end game for days and weeks all I would get is the same exact guns and abilities I already have just with better stats. This isn't like Destiny or Borderlands where Exotic/Legendary weapons and armor are fundamentally different than the rest of the loot that is available. They do not vastly change the way that i experienced the game like the items in those games do. Yeah there are inscriptions that give better stats and improvements, but they do not change the way things actually work on a fundamental level. They just make things better than normal and that to me is not worth the time investment.
I don't think this is entirely correct. While it's true that the masterwork and legendary items are upgraded epics instead of completely unique exotics, you're being overly reductive. Aside from the more powerful inscriptions, each of them have unique abilities that epics don't have. Some of these abilities open up play styles that were not possible before, or allow you more flexibility in your loadout, and there's an extra fun factor too for a lot of them that shouldn't be dismissed.

I run a ranger with a component that massively increases my air time that has an ability to extend this much further so I'm basically now a storm/ranger hybrid. I run this with an assault rifle that sets enemies on fire, a component that acid debuffs enemies I shoot, and primes them for combos so I can choose to run two detonator abilities or one detonator and one of the pure damage abilities because I no longer need to run a primer. Added to that, the 4 classes play sufficiently different to begin with that if you want a completely different playstyle aside from weapon choice, you can easily do that.

I bounced off Warframe so can't comment on how much variety there is in there, but I've played a lot of Destiny and some Division and due to the long cooldowns for class abilities, different guns are 80% of play style difference, with supers and the odd other ability making the other 20%. Sure some of those exotics and supers are immense fun, but that's basically it.

Of course, you're entirely right that it's unfinished, lacking content, and still has a truck load of bugs so I don't blame you for not wanting to progress to end game to learn this for yourself, particularly since it doesn't sound like you enjoy the basic mechanics that much anyway.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And why would I give a single damn about the end game right now?

Even if I grinded my ass off in the end game for days and weeks all I would get is the same exact guns and abilities I already have just with better stats. This isn't like Destiny or Borderlands where Exotic/Legendary weapons and armor are fundamentally different than the rest of the loot that is available. They do not vastly change the way that i experienced the game like the items in those games do. Yeah there are inscriptions that give better stats and improvements, but they do not change the way things actually work on a fundamental level. They just make things better than normal and that to me is not worth the time investment. Not only that but the big time "Elysian" chests that they advertised are filled with almost nothing but random stickers and graphics. None of the new armor pieces like they originally advertised. Armor pieces which btw cost an arm and a leg on the market unless you wanna pay real money and I don't wanna pay real money on a broken game. Then add onto that the ridiculous mount of repetition of shallow content that I would need to grind in order to even get to that point and that to me does not sound like fun at all. Especially when there are other looter shooter options out there like Warframe and Division 2 which are each vastly superior in their own ways.

Anthem is a flawed, unfinished, and broken game. An opinion that is backed up by all the hours I have played getting to the end of the story. And the Devs seem like they are going to take their sweet time fixing it and adding onto it and I feel no desire whatsoever to sit around twiddling my thumbs while I wait for them to do it. I tried to enjoy the game because I love Bioware. I have loved every game they have put out since Mass Effect, but this game is an embarassment for them. This is so far below the quality that I expect out of a Bioware game that I honestly find myself questioning whether or not Bioware really is Bioware still. To be perfectly honest I enjoyed Andromeda more than I enjoyed Anthem. And if you told me a year ago that I would feel that way now I would have laughed in your face and yet here I am.

If you enjoy it then more power to you. I am glad you enjoy the game, but I myself feel no need to stick around given the current state of the game and its content.
No one is saying the game isnt bugged and broken. I have been bitching about it here for three weeks now pretty much everyday. What i dont understand is why anyone would quit a GaaS game, a loot shooter without actually experiencing the end game. You seem to have played Destiny so you understand. Would you stop playing destiny after the campaign? There is an entire end game with nightfall strikes, raids and other end game content that has you doing more than chasing exotics and legendaries.

the same happens here. on harder difficulties you need to create builds that will completely change the way you play the game. I remember how during the campaign, everyone just went around killing things without much thought put into your builds even on hard. You go into a GM1 stronghold or Legendary Contract in the end game and things completely change. You have to start working with your team to set up combos. You have to work together to take out shielded enemies. And from there, it's about optimizing builds to kill things quicker and faster and collect MW and legendary gear like you would in any other loot shooter.

The weapons and abilities might be the same, but there is more to it than different inscription. each MW version of the same weapon and ability has specific perks that completely changes the way they work. Most MW weapons are amazing. Some set enemies on fire, some cause massive explosions, some cause electrical explosions, some reduce your recoil to zero, some increase your rate of fire to that of an uzi, others give bonuses tailored directly towards certain playstyles and javelins. I would say the guns are much more fun than they are in Destiny 1 or Destiny 2. They feel more like the exotics in Destiny than Legendary weapons with their end game perks. Sure the design is lame and the fact that they are upgraded versions of the same 15-20 guns is kinda lame, but destiny does the same thing with its legendaries. Its with exotics where the design and perks are completely different.

Point is you havent seen anything yet. The weapons and abilities will completely change the way you play this game. Components let you customize and optimize your builds in ways destiny just cant. and those exotic perks in destiny are all here in MW versions of the weapons and abilities. the only thing missing is fancy weapon designs. thats it.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
To be fair, this did have more of a story and was quite a bit longer than the campaigns in the Destiny games. Especially if you finish all the sidequest lines and all the various NPC dialogue lines in the fort. So I don't see anything wrong with someone just finishing that up and walking away if they're not into chasing looter or tinkering with builds/play styles. It's still probably 30 hours or so of fun if you like the combat, story and dialogue in the campaign and side content.

Hell I had a lot of fun with the Destiny games and never got super into the endgame stuff. Especially in D2 where I didn't do any of the raids and only did nightfalls a couple of times. I just did the story stuff (including DLCs), some of the gear questlines and did a little power level chasing with the easy milestones/challenges until I got bored.

Anthem I'm mostly having fun as I'm playing it with a good friend and we hadn't found a coop game we both enjoyed since Destiny 1 (he got sick of it and skipped 2). If I was playing completely solo I'd have ditched it by now.

Oct 30, 2017
Seems GM3 is still not worth it outside of free roam. Did my buddy's three legendary contracts on GM3 tonight. Got 11 MWs which is solid of course. But it probably took nearly three times as long as doing mine on GM2 this morning when I got 6 MWs and 2 legendaries. Of course the legendaries were just good luck. But even if they were MWs it would have been 8 vs 11 in 1/3 the time.

Stronghold glitched on him too as the Elysian chests never appeared for him to open. We heard the chest opening sound and got one from a random opening one, but never saw them and he still had his key when we got back to the fort.

That sucks, makes playing feel like a waste sometimes. I've been doing GM2 and I get mostly purple with the MW that's guaranteed in the end of the contract. I got a few Elysian chests too, but I'm not receiving the items in them. I got an emote, but it's not in my list of stuff. Is there somewhere to collect them? I'm not seeing any of them. They have a list of items, wish they would add a checklist if the stuff you got.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
That sucks, makes playing feel like a waste sometimes. I've been doing GM2 and I get mostly purple with the MW that's guaranteed in the end of the contract. I got a few Elysian chests too, but I'm not receiving the items in them. I got an emote, but it's not in my list of stuff. Is there somewhere to collect them? I'm not seeing any of them. They have a list of items, wish they would add a checklist if the stuff you got.

You sometimes have to restart the game foe the entire and vinyls to show up in forge.

The emotes are also class specific so it may be on a different javelin than your main. A lot of them are arrival or victory screen animations rather than emotes so be sure to check all the animation categories.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking christ, unskippable cutscenes in high end missions that are meant to be replayed over and over.

Edit: god DAMN a Legendary from the Legendary Mission chest! Well, it's Solvent Green. But at least that got a buff recently.

Last edited:

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Fucking christ, unskippable cutscenes in high end missions that are meant to be replayed over and over.

Edit: god DAMN a Legendary from the Legendary Mission chest! Well, it's Solvent Green. But at least that got a buff recently.
Solvent Green is fucking amazing for the passive alone. That plus Voltaic Dome is legit the best colossus build. Aoe cc and combos for DAYS. The ability to debuff tough mobs with acid isn't too shabby either.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I hope the future holds some MW support items and maybe some MW items that alter the Ultimates perhaps. That would be great to see Bioware let players further tweak their characters.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
I hope the future holds some MW support items and maybe some MW items that alter the Ultimates perhaps. That would be great to see Bioware let players further tweak their characters.
Somebody datamined some MW support items, more armours, and a few new weapons. It's detailed in this video posted on the previous page:
Data mined stuff that is new. This stuff looks awesome!

New Armors
New Weapons, dominion based
New MW Supports

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017

I wouldn't call it a buff. You don't want solvent green doing extra damage, you want it to apply acid with more efficiency so you can combo. With the upped damage, many enemies tend to die from it thus killing combo potential.

Last edited:

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
How are the mid-level loads? Any better?
With the bulk of the end game content there aren't any loads at all. Contracts, strongholds and FP are all a single load - if you venture into the ruins from FP you'll need to load but it's not super long.

The initial loads are still pretty long as is getting back into Tarsis, but the most recent patch also made loading into the forge basically instant.

Definitely much less of a concern now.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I haven't pulled the trigger yet on Anthem but I am considering it. How have the post-game updates and fixes been so far?
The devs seem to be geniunely trying but i feel like they introduce more issues than they resolve. Two things are quite obvious, this game launched with more bugs than any other game I've played, and two, 1 month hasnt been enough to fix all the issues. I got disconnected from games three times last night. I still get Pilot Error Loading Data every now and then which kicks me out of parties. i got put into four empty strongholds and had to quit out. four times last night, we lost a party member soon after starting the round and the game didnt bother putting anyone in.

The dev team seems to be short on QA testers or just has an inept QA team. Everything they fix causes unrelated issues that make the game worse. Two weeks ago they added more loot in Stronghold chests but didnt bother adding them to the bosses. The result? Everyone quit out before the bosses which meant starting strongholds from scratch was next to impossible since the game would matchmake you against the boss. this went on for almost two weeks before the fixed matchmaking which had rendered the biggest end game activity completely unplayable unless you were willing to spend half an hour searching for new instances.

Three weeks ago they released an update to improve MW and Legendary Drops by removing low tier Uncommon and Common drops from the chests. The idea being that reducing the loot pool to only 4 tiers of loot would improve the chances of getting MWs and Legendaries. It kinda worked, but then three weeks later they added MORE items to the chest loot tables including several crafting materials making drops even worse than before.

Another example of their incompetence or shortsightness if you want to be less harsh is the latest changes to INCREASE flight time. They definitely increased the time before you overheat but in an unrelated issue to improve framerates, they turned off weather effects which were actually helping us fly longer because rain would cooldown your javelin and let you fly longer. So the latest change actually made things worse than before. Now we overheat after like 10 seconds of flying. It's incredibly annoying.

DLSS support was added recently. Another great addition on paper. Completely borked. Jaggies everywhere. apparently its glitched. They dont QA their product. They dont think things through. They clearly dont play their own game or they wouldve found so many of these issues before releasing them to the masses. i was watching the stream where they showed the latest changes and the new legendary mission had a 6 minute cutscene that everyone on the stream chat called out as being too long. They just sat there and said you should watch it. imagine a 10-15 minute end game activity getting paused for six minutes right in the middle of the mission while everyone watches a cutscene. They almost seem detached in way. Though as a programmer, i kind of get it. at this point, it's become a boring job just fixing issues and it can be disheartening. they clearly dont want to play this game anymore and have mentally checked out.

That said, I do still think their heart is in the right place. Their hands are tied in regards to loot beacuse of some mandate from above. But looking at all the fixes they have made since launch, it's hard not to see how hard the devs have worked to fix literally hundreds of bugs. The dev team is obviously overworked and are making a lot of unforced errors that their QA team is just not catching.

Because of that, while there are fewer bugs, but there are still some left. It's still by no means a polished game so dont go in expecting a smooth experience.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
The motion blur implementation is really bad in this. I would like to keep it on on console but its so agressive and distracting. BFV using the same engine and their implementation is 10 times better there

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I actually like the game, but they really should have just made it a "talking to people" and "flying around" game. Combat against (most) trash mobs is fun, too, but I mentally check out any time a boss shows up and I know I'll be spending the next twenty minutes boredly kiting them around a pillar while doing minimal damage.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
I actually like the game, but they really should have just made it a "talking to people" and "flying around" game. Combat against (most) trash mobs is fun, too, but I mentally check out any time a boss shows up and I know I'll be spending the next twenty minutes boredly kiting them around a pillar while doing minimal damage.

I don't see this in GM1 on PC at all. In fact, every boss I run into is dead in mere minutes, if not seconds. Everyone I group up with just seems OP on GM1 right now. There is almost no challenge, which means I should probably move up to GM2...was hoping to get another legendary and some better MW's before moving up though.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I don't see this in GM1 on PC at all. In fact, every boss I run into is dead in mere minutes, if not seconds. Everyone I group up with just seems OP on GM1 right now. There is almost no challenge, which means I should probably move up to GM2...was hoping to get another legendary and some better MW's before moving up though.

Hrm, I'm just going through the story on Normal right now, so maybe the scaling is off or something.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
https://www.reddit.com/r/LowSodiumAnthem/

I posted that a couple pages back. But for the Reddit fans who want to avoid the toxic cesspool of the main subReddit, that one is pretty good. It's was made specifically for more civil/positive chatting about the game. Any toxcity, trolling etc. gets removed pretty quickly and people banned.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Had another few goods Legendary Contract runs. Checking out GM2, since GM1 was starting to be a pushover. Getting those MW's slowly but no legendaries just yet.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
New Colossus armor looks mighty fine.

D22rXFmX0AEzID4.jpg:large

D22rXFiWsAED1N3.jpg:large

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
The devs seem to be geniunely trying but i feel like they introduce more issues than they resolve.

Three weeks ago they released an update to improve MW and Legendary Drops by removing low tier Uncommon and Common drops from the chests. The idea being that reducing the loot pool to only 4 tiers of loot would improve the chances of getting MWs and Legendaries. It kinda worked, but then three weeks later they added MORE items to the chest loot tables including several crafting materials making drops even worse than before.

So the latest change actually made things worse than before. Now we overheat after like 10 seconds of flying. It's incredibly annoying.

I either don't know about or agree with the rest of your post but all three of these claims are arrant bullshit.

1) the game is significantly improved and more stable than it was, though far from perfect or even acceptable in a lot of areas.
2) this is now the 3rd time i've pointed out the fact you don't know what the fuck you're talking about with loot, probably for the 3rd time you won't acknowledge it because you'd rather whine than face reality. Even if you were right before - which you probably weren't - they fixed the fucking loot bug for fucksake. Crafting materials are in addition to your regular drops. I've had more legendaries post patch than I had in all the weeks playing up until that point, and I am not alone in this thread saying that.
3) And this overheat thing is just fucking nonsense. 10 seconds. Jesus christ. Exaggeration is one thing, this is just absurd.

Oct 30, 2017
What the hell are those wild ass AI conspiracy theories on the original subreddit?

Edit: Never mind I found an article about it. Probably just need to stay away from that subreddit it just seems like it's more for organizing irrational hatred of the game at this point.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...pulation-loot-conspiracy-theory/#7d34efcc6465

So you're saying all i needed to do this whole time is play another looter shooter for a few days and im guaranteed a legendary. Maybe thats where the development time went for the last 6 years. To their super advanced AI that has taken control of BW and they cant contain it. EA is now busy trying to contain it before it get out into the world and destroys other loot systems. The whole industry is in danger of this rogue AI.

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
What the hell are those wild ass AI conspiracy theories on the original subreddit?

Edit: Never mind I found an article about it. Probably just need to stay away from that subreddit it just seems like it's more for organizing irrational hatred of the game at this point.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...pulation-loot-conspiracy-theory/#7d34efcc6465
So you're saying all i needed to do this whole time is play another looter shooter for a few days and im guaranteed a legendary. Maybe thats where the development time went for the last 6 years. To their super advanced AI that has taken control of BW and they cant contain it. EA is now busy trying to contain it before it get out into the world and destroys other loot systems.
Isn't that a pretty basic mobile game skinner box game design...? AI stuff is hilarious (some of the panels look like a straight up joke) but tying loot drops to playtime stats is hardly tinfoil hat territory.

Regardless that system is probably broken as well anyway lol

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Welp, I'm going on vacay for a week. Maybe when I get back, I'll get a rad AI overlord drop rate for a bit. :P

Jokes aside, does anyone know when the first content drop is coming? That would be a nice surprise on my return.

Oct 27, 2017

Assault Launcher:
  • Ember's Lance
Grenade:
  • The Gambit
Weapons:
  • Elemental Rage - elemental damage stack of 100%, also our primer for Elemental Ops
  • Any (I use a Legendary for gear score and gear recharge speed)
Components:
  • Combined Arms - grenade damage increased by 30%, hitting with Ember's Lance increases grenade damage by 60% for 10 seconds
  • Tip of the Spear - increase combo damage by 60%, also used for survivability (40% armor restored for every combo)
  • Victor's Resolve - increase Blast damage by 50%, lower impact damage by 20%. Most of the overall damage output of this build will be Blast (fire explosions from Ember's Lance, Gambit and Ultimate)
  • General's Favor - grenade recharge rate by 40%, the text is bugged but this component works through testing
  • Elemental Ops - increased fire damage by 50%, and also primes an enemy with acid with a hit streak of 5
  • Badge of Devastation - increased assault launcher damage by 30%, and improves Ultimate charge with a hit streak of 10
Sigils:
  • Recharge Speed
  • Ultimate Damage
  • Fire Damage
Ember's Lance will be dealing massive damage through its fire explosions, and while that's recharging you can keep Veteran's Furor with the Elemental Rage for the elemental damage stack. Then, you'll most likely have an enemy primed with acid thanks to Elemental Ops, and finish off with The Gambit (which now deals improved AOE ice explosions and good combo damage).

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
First Legendary from Freeplay...Legendary Elemental Rage. So-So rolls but its my first Leggy!

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London

Assault Launcher:
  • Ember's Lance
Grenade:
  • The Gambit
Weapons:
  • Elemental Rage - elemental damage stack of 100%, also our primer for Elemental Ops
  • Any (I use a Legendary for gear score and gear recharge speed)
Components:
  • Combined Arms - grenade damage increased by 30%, hitting with Ember's Lance increases grenade damage by 60% for 10 seconds
  • Tip of the Spear - increase combo damage by 60%, also used for survivability (40% armor restored for every combo)
  • Victor's Resolve - increase Blast damage by 50%, lower impact damage by 20%. Most of the overall damage output of this build will be Blast (fire explosions from Ember's Lance, Gambit and Ultimate)
  • General's Favor - grenade recharge rate by 40%, the text is bugged but this component works through testing
  • Elemental Ops - increased fire damage by 50%, and also primes an enemy with acid with a hit streak of 5
  • Badge of Devastation - increased assault launcher damage by 30%, and improves Ultimate charge with a hit streak of 10
Sigils:
  • Recharge Speed
  • Ultimate Damage
  • Fire Damage
Ember's Lance will be dealing massive damage through its fire explosions, and while that's recharging you can keep Veteran's Furor with the Elemental Rage for the elemental damage stack. Then, you'll most likely have an enemy primed with acid thanks to Elemental Ops, and finish off with The Gambit (which now deals improved AOE ice explosions and good combo damage).

Fun build! Just tried it out, pretty damn effective. I usually play an aerial combo/ultimate machine (details below), but always good to switch it up and have other options. Sadly not as survivable as my usual build because I had to drop legendaries and some nice inscriptions, but will definitely work on getting better gear for it.

My usual build, copied some descriptions from you because i'm lazy:

Assault Launcher: Recurring Vengeance - seeking missile detonator with extra charge and gets a charge back on a combo, so I can basically infinite combo.
Grenade: Last Argument - frag grenade detonator with multiple charges and huge ultimate boost
Weapon 1: Ralner's Blaze - Assault rifle that sets things on fire/primes on a 5 hit streak
Weapon 2: Any, I use a shotgun with a good luck/shield boost roll
Components: Tactical Advantage - Extra 50% overheat capacity and slows heating by 80% for 10 seconds on a weak point hit - huge increase in flight time
Badge of Devastation - increased assault launcher damage by 30%, and improves Ultimate charge with a hit streak of 10
Elemental Ops - increased fire damage by 50%, and also primes an enemy with acid with a hit streak of 5 - combos nicely with Ralner's DoT.
Tip of the Spear - increase combo damage by 60%, also used for survivability (40% armor restored for every combo)
Vanguard's Badge - 40% increase to melee damage and electric effects, 40% shield gain on melee hit - for added survivability
Airborne Advantage - Increases impact damage by 50%, decreases blast by 25%, all resistances increased by 25% when hovering which is all the time.

Sigils: Assault Rifles
Combo Damage
Ultimate Damage

Tactical Advantage increases flight time by so much that I can hover pretty much forever, and the heat bar is reset every time I ultimate, which with Last Argument and Badge of Devastation is pretty frequently, so I never have to land if I don't want to. Airborne Advantage means hovering makes me tankier. I prime with Ralner's Blaze, simultaneously acid debuffing with Elemental Ops, then detonate with Recurring Vengeance or Last Argument. This is enough to kill most enemies. Switch targets, do it again. If there's a group of enemies I sometimes jump smash to aoe prime and then throw a grenade for aoe detonation. If my shields are taking a pounding I sometimes jump smash to get them back with Vanguard's Badge before launching back into the air. Tip of the Spear obviously helps a lot with healing as I'm constantly detonating combos.

I basically turn into a single target monster damage Storm, with some aoe capabilities from jump smash/grenade combo and frequent ultimates.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
By the way, i went back to the drawing board with my Storm build yesterday and created an insane DPS build that doubled if not tripled my ten thousand suns damage. Apparently they updated the perks on a lot of Storm masterwork components that i completely ignored the other day.

I use Binary Star and Ten Thousand Suns. I have legendary versions of these but a good MW roll should work. Binary star was my first legendary drop weeks ago and ive been using that almost exclusively because even though its not a primer it still puts a burn effect on enemies which lets you and anyone else combo them. It also hits up dozens of enemies and applies burn damage to them over time. Ten thousand suns got a buff too because now every hit gets you 10% extra damage for 10 seconds instead of 5% for five seconds. 10 hits give you 100% extra damage for 10 seconds.

But the main reason i am using it for this build is that it applies a status effect to an enemy. If you look at the Fire Damage MW component, its new perk is that if you apply a status effect to an enemy your overall Damage goes up by 50%. This is going to increase our Ten Thousand Suns Damage since we will be spamming that while Binary Star recharges. Then I use the electrical damage MW component for its new perk which gives you 60% more damage for killing an enemy. So all you gotta do is hope that one of your attacks kills an enemy and you will get an additional 60% damage. And since you are already doing double the ten thousand suns damage at this point, you should get some kills pretty fast.

Of course, i have the blast damage component that increases my L1 damage, the one that gives me 35% extra elemental damage, the 50% gear damage component, the combo component that increases my R1 damage to supplement these two new components. I had to get rid of 50% gear recharge but i got lucky with a couple of components and got 35% support speed perks on them so it kind of makes up for the lack of gear recharge buff.

And finally, i have the Elemental Rage weapon that gives me an additional 100% elemental damage for hitting an elite enemy 20 times. Its an assault rifle so it takes maybe 2-4 seconds to pump 20 rounds into an elite enemy.

Thats a lot of buffs so lets write them down.

1) 100% Ten Thousand Suns
2) 60% Fire Component
3) 50% Electrical Component
4) 50% L1 Damage component
5) 50% R1 Damage component
6) 100% Elemental Weapon Damage
7) 50% Gear Damage component
8) 35% Elemental Damage Component
9) 20% javenlin damage inscription on Binary Star
10) 20% Gear damage inscription on my primary weapon
11) 20% javelin damage inscription on my secondary weapon

Thats an additional 555% damage. Or 580% if you include the blast damage component perk that should increase ten thousand suns' blast damage by 35%.

My Legendary Binary star's damage is supposed to be 1k. Ten Thousand Suns is 2k. And yet I can do 50k damage with my Ten Thousand Suns if everything procs and 8k damage with binary star and 4k residual burn damage that continuously applies. I'd say each hit of binary star does around 30k damage to enemies and like i said i can hit a couple of dozen enemies with each hit since it shoots out 2 enemy seeking fire balls.

My Ultimate damage went from 250-300k to 650k with this build.

For shits and giggles, i went to GM3 with my legendary storm build. It was missing the fire component, the electrical component. My gear score was 760. I didnt have elemental rage equipped since i dont have a legendary version of it. And i was doing only 25k damage with ten thousand suns. i went up to 40k sometimes but it was only when everything proc'ed which was very rare. So basically my 718 MW build above did more damage than my 760 Legendary storm build. Go figure.
Holy! I'm going to try this out when I get back from my trip (assuming I have the parts. I can't remember off the top of my head).

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
I just had a VERY weird Freeplay. Did 4 world events, then went into a cave to do another, but it would vanish when I went in, so popped out and did 2 more world events..but somehow those didn't count? Haha. So I went back to the Fort, and back into Freeplay. And now I'd only done 3/6 world events? Haha. I got all 6 done for my key eventually, but it was very weird.

Also the chests weren't basically just giving me nothing. Like 1 purple, or 1 purple and a blue. Usually would get a few purples at least. Weird weird weird!

Oct 27, 2017
Fun build! Just tried it out, pretty damn effective. I usually play an aerial combo/ultimate machine (details below), but always good to switch it up and have other options. Sadly not as survivable as my usual build because I had to drop legendaries and some nice inscriptions, but will definitely work on getting better gear for it.

My usual build, copied some descriptions from you because i'm lazy:

Assault Launcher: Recurring Vengeance - seeking missile detonator with extra charge and gets a charge back on a combo, so I can basically infinite combo.
Grenade: Last Argument - frag grenade detonator with multiple charges and huge ultimate boost
Weapon 1: Ralner's Blaze - Assault rifle that sets things on fire/primes on a 5 hit streak
Weapon 2: Any, I use a shotgun with a good luck/shield boost roll
Components: Tactical Advantage - Extra 50% overheat capacity and slows heating by 80% for 10 seconds on a weak point hit - huge increase in flight time
Badge of Devastation - increased assault launcher damage by 30%, and improves Ultimate charge with a hit streak of 10
Elemental Ops - increased fire damage by 50%, and also primes an enemy with acid with a hit streak of 5 - combos nicely with Ralner's DoT.
Tip of the Spear - increase combo damage by 60%, also used for survivability (40% armor restored for every combo)
Vanguard's Badge - 40% increase to melee damage and electric effects, 40% shield gain on melee hit - for added survivability
Airborne Advantage - Increases impact damage by 50%, decreases blast by 25%, all resistances increased by 25% when hovering which is all the time.

Sigils: Assault Rifles
Combo Damage
Ultimate Damage

Tactical Advantage increases flight time by so much that I can hover pretty much forever, and the heat bar is reset every time I ultimate, which with Last Argument and Badge of Devastation is pretty frequently, so I never have to land if I don't want to. Airborne Advantage means hovering makes me tankier. I prime with Ralner's Blaze, simultaneously acid debuffing with Elemental Ops, then detonate with Recurring Vengeance or Last Argument. This is enough to kill most enemies. Switch targets, do it again. If there's a group of enemies I sometimes jump smash to aoe prime and then throw a grenade for aoe detonation. If my shields are taking a pounding I sometimes jump smash to get them back with Vanguard's Badge before launching back into the air. Tip of the Spear obviously helps a lot with healing as I'm constantly detonating combos.

I basically turn into a single target monster damage Storm, with some aoe capabilities from jump smash/grenade combo and frequent ultimates.

Nice! I want to try this out as wel.