• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
HQSLTqz.jpg

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
No one jump down my throat for asking, but is the final version more fun than the demo?

Meaning, control of Javelin, UI, mission design, etc. I know the demo build wasn't from 2 years ago, haha, so there won't be any earth shattering improvements.

I was very let down by how the 1X demo looked. major improvements to final build, or marginal?

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can already tell I'm gonna burn through my ten hours of time with the game in like two days this weekend, then spend the rest of the week being whiny and grumpy I can't play 🤣🤣

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
No one jump down my throat for asking, but is the final version more fun than the demo?

Meaning, control of Javelin, UI, mission design, etc. I know the demo build wasn't from 2 years ago, haha, so there won't be any earth shattering improvements.

I was very let down by how the 1X demo looked. major improvements to final build, or marginal?

I find it extremely fun but it's mostly the demo just polished to a good sheen. Honestly you can get ea access for sub 5 bucks if you look and if you end up buying the game you still save 2 dollars.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
I can already tell I'm gonna burn through my ten hours of time with the game in like two days this weekend, then spend the rest of the week being whiny and grumpy I can't play 🤣🤣

I'm gonna try to play nothing but Crackdown 3 today and probably this weekend just to keep from doing this to myself. I will probably fail lol.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Ran the opening all the way to the Anthem title, not a single connection or system issue.

Played so smoothly.

Flight feels incredible now on PC. Flying... jumping mid flight, redirecting, boosting to fly again... hovering, flying... it's so smooth, and this is going to be a huge hook for players in terms of the minute to minute. Already feeling myself addicted to it.

And visually.... it's just beautiful. I know I'm high end and brute forcing it a bit, but damn it's easily the best open world game I've ever seen visually.

The story in the opening chapter is handled really well, too.

A very impressive start.
6gRCnAr.gif

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017

You really have to try it yourself. Especially with this game. I mean we had people here saying the open Demo ran great on consoles lol and others that said they had flawless experiences with the VIP demo. If you can, get access or something that allows you to play the 10 hours and judge for yourself. There seems to be a lot of inconsistency in performance. Who knows if it's just fanboys vs haters but that is why you gotta see for yourself.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really enjoying this so far. Went with Interceptor for my first Javelin, what a fun way to play

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going in incredibly skeptical (I wouldn't buy this if it wasn't free with my graphics card), and the cutscenes have me instantly reaching for the Escape key, but there is definitely something to the gameplay here. Once I figure out the flight controls and start playing with friends, I think I might actually like it.

Nov 14, 2017
Whatever you do, don't start this game on an LG OLED unless you have it setup specifically to play a game in HDR. I didn't, and when the game launched, it automatically defaulted to Dolby Vision, which gave me a black screen that could not be changed. Can't even see the desktop after a restart either, and I now have to hook up my PC to a different screen just to fucking reset it. Windows isn't supposed to get stuck in "Dolby Vision", but it is.
That's pretty strange. Normally, games wouldn't send the metadata required to put the TV into DV mode. I wonder why Anthem is doing that?

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017

It will be the same gameplay wise.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
How to claim your preorder rewards:

1. Complete the tutorials.
2. Talk to Prospero at his stall in Fort Tarsis.
3. Complete his mission.
4. Talk to him again.
5. Open the Store.
6. Claim your items in the Rewards

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going in incredibly skeptical (I wouldn't buy this if it wasn't free with my graphics card), and the cutscenes have me instantly reaching for the Escape key, but there is definitely something to the gameplay here. Once I figure out the flight controls and start playing with friends, I think I might actually like it.

I'm the opposite at this point, the conversations and cut scenes are the only part I am not skeptical about... The enemies and combat are starting to worry me, as I think they will get boring fast.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
That's pretty strange. Normally, games wouldn't send the metadata required to put the TV into DV mode. I wonder why Anthem is doing that?

I don't know but it's irritating. ME:A had Dolby Vision, but you actually had to select it, it didn't default to it on launch.

So far, the "story" comes off less like Bioware and more like Bioware trying to imitate Epic's worst parts of Gears. About what I expected though, and I wasn't playing it for that aspect anyway. Just wish they weren't so mediocre.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I think this will replace Destiny 2 for me. Never was much into Destiny, but this is way more fun.

I don't think the two games are similar at all except that you get loot. Like they couldn't be more different I don't know why they are even being compared. Might as well compare it to Path of Exile too because you get loot.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
How to claim your preorder rewards:

1. Complete the tutorials.
2. Talk to Prospero at his stall in Fort Tarsis.
3. Complete his mission.
4. Talk to him again.
5. Open the Store.
6. Claim your items in the Rewards

You can actually redeem these sooner - at least, I just got to the point where I'm instructed to talk to Prospero for the first time, but have already redeemed my rewards. I think as soon as you can view the 'Featured' tab you can then get into the store and then redeem you bonuses. It's buried a bit for sure though.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the two games are similar at all except that you get loot. Like they couldn't be more different I don't know why they are even being compared. Might as well compare it to Path of Exile too because you get loot.
The comparison is very fair, they're both loot shooters. They both scratch the same itch.

Overall, this game has a high chance of replacing D2 for me.

There are obvious differences, FPS Vs TPS being the main one, and Destiny has the best gunplay in any current shooter (imo), but this already feels like it has a far superior story and world to explore.

Saying this, we don't know how end game will feel. Destiny 2 raids are phenomenal, so this will be a huge factor.

First impressions are pretty strong here though.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
The comparison is very fair, they're both loot shooters.

That's not enough. They are night and day different in literally every way. There are zero similarities and credit to Bioware for that. Simply getting loot doesn't mean much when they are this different. It's a very very loose connection.

They are so vastly different in gameplay and structure I don't see the connection. Even Bioware must be pissed at people comparing because they have gone out of their way here to make something their own and unique

astro

Oct 25, 2017
That's not enough. They are night and day different in literally every way. There are zero similarities and credit to Bioware for that. Simply getting loot doesn't mean much when they are this different. It's a very very loose connection.
It is enough, it's the same reason why people compare Destiny to Warframe. Loot shooters scratch the same itch for people. The connection is more than strong enough to compare.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Have my Premier copy installed. Too bad I'm on vacation til the 22nd. Thinking of buying it for PS4 to play with friends tho