• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
PC Problem

I am booting Anthem for the first time. At the start menu, I see a menu with various options and then "Exit Anthem" at the bottom. I can't get out of this menu and I can't do anything except change settings and quit the game.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
1) Bug fixes
2) QoL improvements
3) New content

How long until we actually get to step 2? A stats page will be a welcome addition.

This is sort of what I've been wondering. I feel bad because I know the developers are working a ton to get everything fixed and I appreciate that. However, it'll be frustrating if the bugs end up pushing all the QOL updates down the road. I'm thankfully playing this game in tiny amounts here and there, so I think it'll be a while before I even finish the story. As such, I will likely not spend too much time with the game with the bugs and QOL frustrations. That said, it's kind of sad to see the days pass and the developers fixing what shouldn't be broken, rather than building on top of their foundation. It feels like a lot of energy going into meeting baseline expectations rather than building up. Anyway, like I said, I know everyone is working hard. I appreciate their efforts and wish them well.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Liking the change to Wraith Strike, but the purpose of it being a medium range ability still makes it a bit pointless. It would be cool if Wraith Strike could pick up the Aura for you.

Cryo glaive (or teammate prime) > Wraith Strike to pick up an ice aura > Wraith strike again to freeze all the enemies in front of you > Devastate them.

Obviously you'd need a wraith strike with +100% charges for maximum efficiency, but it makes for a relatively safe play style with continuous CC. Would be great in the harder difficulties.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
Audio just cut out on me for the first time on a legendary contract. Sort of makes you appreciate the sound design in the game when there is no sound.

Colossus continues to be a blast to play. Just so many tools available to them compared to ranger.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
They pushed a hotfix. Good loot seems to be dropping more often but expedition end screens can bug out giving you NONE of the drops even if you try the freeplay "trick".

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God damn I got a Thunderbolt of Yvenia with +175% Damage and I am now a fucking monster. Thing does incredible damage.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Liking the change to Wraith Strike, but the purpose of it being a medium range ability still makes it a bit pointless. It would be cool if Wraith Strike could pick up the Aura for you.

Cryo glaive (or teammate prime) > Wraith Strike to pick up an ice aura > Wraith strike again to freeze all the enemies in front of you > Devastate them.

Obviously you'd need a wraith strike with +100% charges for maximum efficiency, but it makes for a relatively safe play style with continuous CC. Would be great in the harder difficulties.

I still prefer Sanadeen's Respite (plasma star) + Absolute Zero, because of the two components:

1. LB hit increases RB damage by 50% for 5 seconds.

2. RB hit increases LB damage by 50% for 5 seconds.

So, plasma star, cryo glaive, then spam plasma.

Hit target beacon beforehand and chill. Then just let aura carry.

Great way to jump into melee combat.

So just got a masterwork "Thunderbolt of Yvenia" at level 20 in normal free play.....bug? Didn't think MW dropped until end game...or am I out of the loop?

Can drop at any level, any mode iirc. 25% chance I think.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
I still prefer Sanadeen's Respite (plasma star) + Absolute Zero, because of the two components:

1. LB hit increases RB damage by 50% for 5 seconds.

2. RB hit increases LB damage by 50% for 5 seconds.

So, plasma star, cryo glaive, then spam plasma.

Hit target beacon beforehand and chill. Then just let aura carry.

Great way to jump into melee combat.

Can drop at any level, any mode iirc. 25% chance I think.

I wish I could get a decent Sanadeen's respite to drop. I did this for a bit when I was leveling up.

I just got a Sparking Spear with +100% charge, plus an Artinia's Gambit with +80% armour and +45% shield. I'm gonna get test it out with Spark Dash tomorrow in GM2, hoping I have enough survivability for some shenanigans!

Edit: Where are these hotfix rumors suddenly coming from?

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I could get a decent Sanadeen's respite to drop. I did this for a bit when I was leveling up.

I just got a Sparking Spear with +100% charge, plus an Artinia's Gambit with +80% armour and +45% shield. I'm gonna get test it out with Spark Dash tomorrow in GM2, hoping I have enough survivability for some shenanigans!

Haha, only one way to find out!

Crashnburn85

Oct 25, 2017
California
Definitely shouldn't have happened at 20 and definitely not on normal difficulty. This hotfix they pushed might be having unintended benefits.

Shittttt. Guess I should keep grinding for lucky drops. The rifle I got has some decent inscriptions for health drops (thicc boi life) and marksman damage so I can definitely see it carrying me for quite a few levels. 33% chance of electrical damage too. Yay!

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Tried the Freeplay farm and got nothing on gm1 then did some scar strongholds with my friend and over 3 runs I got a lengendary and 16 masterworks with him in about the same boat...

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got three legendaries today. 2 in a public event (from mobs) and 1 just now from a legendary contract (heavy pistol!).

All of my experience with legendaries is the complete opposite of the 44 legendaries guy, FWIW. i just think we don't have any way of really knowing how it's working, or at least that guess is flawed. i've gotten all my legendaries (less than 10) from public events, contracts, or strongholds. None from freeplay (except those public events).

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Running into a "issue" at the moment where I don't get to see my loot after a expedition, I just kept the option to go back to fort TARSIS, forge, etc after the score screen.

I means, it's good, less loading, but I don't
know what I've picked up, gotta shift through the vault slowly lol.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Hey what the fuck. Just logged in to play since I haven't in a couple days.
Did a legendary contact, got a master work AND a legendary. Finished the mission, and didn't see the loot screen. Looked through my stuff afterwards, can't find anything new.

Now I just saw there's a chance there's a bug where you don't get the loot????????

Are you fucking kidding me with this!?!??!!

I'm about to uninstall this game if that's that case. There's no point to play if you don't get drops.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Hey what the fuck. Just logged in to play since I haven't in a couple days.
Did a legendary contact, got a master work AND a legendary. Finished the mission, and didn't see the loot screen. Looked through my stuff afterwards, can't find anything new.

Now I just saw there's a chance there's a bug where you don't get the loot????????

Are you fucking kidding me with this!?!??!!

I'm about to uninstall this game if that's that case. There's no point to play if you don't get drops.

Happened to me, but my loot was there.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Happened to me, but my loot was there.
I'm definitely missing a legendary. I just ran another legendary mission to test, didn't see the end loot screen again. However I checked all my shit afterwards and I did receive the loot. But I'm really disappointed with this change, if it's indeed a change. I don't see it in the patch notes and I can't trust I'm being rewarded correctly anymore. Especially since that legendary is nowhere to be found.
This might be the final nail in the coffin if it's bugged for me. My month long EA access is up on the 14th, so I have about a week to decide if I continue playing this game or not. Tonight did not bode well for my will to continue the experience.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Exactly. Some games failed because the devs gave up. I know the hate is high for EA and Bioware but Anthem has the potential to turn it around if they keep pushing.
True. I really don't care about the EA hate, I love BioWare and they'll have my support. It would've been sad to see them pulling the plug from this game.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
I'm definitely missing a legendary. I just ran another legendary mission to test, didn't see the end loot screen again. However I checked all my shit afterwards and I did receive the loot. But I'm really disappointed with this change, if it's indeed a change. I don't see it in the patch notes and I can't trust I'm being rewarded correctly anymore. Especially since that legendary is nowhere to be found.
This might be the final nail in the coffin if it's bugged for me. My month long EA access is up on the 14th, so I have about a week to decide if I continue playing this game or not. Tonight did not bode well for my will to continue the experience.

I checked Reddit and it definitely seems to be a thing. randomly started happening a few hours ago so I'm guessing they did some tinkering in the backend and borked something.

Funnily enough this is around the same time people started saying their drops rates suddenly increased.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I checked Reddit and it definitely seems to be a thing. randomly started happening a few hours ago so I'm guessing they did some tinkering in the backend and borked something.

Funnily enough this is around the same time people started saying their drops rates suddenly increased.
Checking other forums too and I'm going to stop playing at the moment until they sort this out . I'll come back to it sometime this weekend to see what happens because I think this is a serious enough issue that they'll try to fix it asap.

Jun 1, 2018
thats it. im done with this game. so many bugs, issues and missing quality of life features. i refuse to waster another second of my life testing early access games. this game should have never released in this state. also so many things missing from the gameplay trailer last year.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Instead of an average of 3 or so MW per stronghold run, I've been coming out with 5 or 6 each time tonight AND I finally got a legendary. The chest drops seem about the same, but there's been a definite increase in the random enemies dropping MW items.

Last edited:

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Good to see the Daily/Monthly/Weekly challenge stuff is more realistic now, it was trivial before. I'm sure it'll upset some people, everything does, and the rewards are still pretty poor so kinda worse now, but at least there's some level of challenge to it all now.

deafmedal

Oct 25, 2017
Had decent luck last night, I had around 20 or more MW drops plus the regular rewards over 6-7 hours of play (and i'm not efficient). also had a shield bro from the first section of TM drop a legendary.

Bad freeplay performance though, had a hard crash and kicks. Plus the stupid server message.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Good to see the Daily/Monthly/Weekly challenge stuff is more realistic now, it was trivial before. I'm sure it'll upset some people, everything does, and the rewards are still pretty poor so kinda worse now, but at least there's some level of challenge to it all now.
I gave up bothering with those because I was never aware of what the rewards were. Why doesn't it tell you in those challenge screens anyways.

andyp2

Nov 3, 2017
I'm lvl 30 and joined my friends last night to help them along with the campaign. Played on normal and one story mission dropped me two masterwork guns, didn't know that was possible but I'll take it.

deafmedal

Oct 25, 2017
I'm lvl 30 and joined my friends last night to help them along with the campaign. Played on normal and one story mission dropped me two masterwork guns, didn't know that was possible but I'll take it.
Easy can drop MW from the limited weapon pool once you hit 30. Just did a freeplay on easy and had 2 MWs drop (trying to complete the Valor quest).

Lol they changed the Monthly requirements, now we need 80 dailies and 16 weeklies for Gold and half that for Silver. W.T.F.S.M.D.H.

Last edited: