Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Decided to still grab it to play with a buddy. We had a good enough time with the demo and haven't had anything to play together for a while.

Can you play everything with friends or is their some early game stuff you have to do solo? Can you repeat story missions with friends if you got ahead of them?

WizzNARD

Jan 5, 2018
Decided to still grab it to play with a buddy. We had a good enough time with the demo and haven't had anything to play together for a while.

Can you play everything with friends or is their some early game stuff you have to do solo? Can you repeat story missions with friends if you got ahead of them?
everything except the first maybe 20-30 min, if that, can be played co-op. You can repeat everything as well.

Gibordep

Nov 1, 2017
For a 60 Rating game it seems pretty good, only in the beginning but the game needs to turn much worse to match that rating....

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Game has some nice grind moments like need for 150k rep in total when most stuff give you ~15 rep / thing.

BEKenSB.png

Also why 100 events, but 25 everything else? One would think all of them should be 25...

pHzBFNI.png
Do we know what happens when you complete this?

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But is usually justified, is it not? It happened with bad games, like Fallout 76 and CD3 but it didn't happen with countless others that had no issues like Ori or Cuphead or Forza or all the Sony big hitters or even RDR2
It happens with good games too, but usually games that are not widely accepted as good or a narrative has already taken hold.

This happened with Rainbow Six: Siege. People saw microtransactions, lack of SP, and said it had shitty gameplay. STALKER games, or at least the first one, were seen as a big disappointment and unimpressive once finally released.

STALKER was, at least, pretty broken on release. Siege, much less so, and IMO didn't deserve its lukewarm reception at all because it was so obvious it was a fantastic game that a lot of critics (including GiantBomb) didn't give a fair chance.

I agree, that shitty games are usually shit on--but I agree with the other poster, that there has to be room for nuance. We can and should recognize ALL of the problems that Anthem has, but that doesn't mean it can't be praised, too.

In almost every way, The Division 2 looks better than Anthem, as a loot game...but I just can't get behind the gameplay loop the way I can with Anthem. The Division actually has really solid gunplay and core mechanics, but they are just kinda boring to me.

Rilian

Banned
Jan 24, 2018

There's a fairly short introductory prologue mission you'll have to play solo, but after that you can play everything with friends.

Yes, you can repeat story missions with a friend even if you've already completed them in your game.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Now that it's "launch" day, my bby physical pre order is available for pick up. If I don't pick up, does bby automatically refund me?

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing on a launch PS4 with launch HDD, so for anyone wondering how that hardware does with Anthem - surprisingly well! Loading times aren't noticeably longer than on my buddies PS4 Pro with an SSD, the only excrutiatingly long loading time is the first time you load into Fort Tarsis after a mission. (also it's super dumb how you can't

a) do multiple contracts in the open world without loading back
b) have to load between forge and fort tarsis and then the expedition screen...

)

The game during actual gameplay doesn't seem noticeably choppy - only during cutscenes do you notice the framerate not being 30fps as it's noticeably choppy at times. Game still looks gorgeous (tho obv not as good as on PC with amazing specs)

I haven't had any bugs or freezes, only one time noticed some people/textures magically teleporting in from thin air in fort tarsis.

The game definitely needs a lot of QoL changes but it's not as broken as I was expecting it to be. (at least not noticeably yet)

Actually surprised how stable the servers held given yesterday was launch night.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, they'll give you up to 7-8 days to pick it up and then refund if you don't.
OK thanks. I paid for a month of origin premier for that week of play. I really like the actual gameplay but I'm thinking with division 2 around the corner, my money might be better spent there. Or I could just play both.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Every time I use Quick Play I join a group thats in a bugged mission where the next objective wont load lol.

Did today's Nvidia drivers fix any of the problems people were having after the patch?

Rilian

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
Anybody that played on PC and PS4 yet have comparison thoughts? Is the PS4 pro 30 FPS?
I haven't played on PC but I can relay my PS4 pro experience.

In the demo, I started playing at 4k output, and it felt bad, almost broken, because of the framerate. I switched the PS4 to output and 1080p, and that upcapped the framerate. Even with the fluctuating upcapped framerate, it felt way better to me.

In the released, patched version, the framerate is no longer uncapped at 1080p, which bums me out because I appreciated the higher framerate. However, I'm running it with 4k output now on PS4 pro, and it feels pretty dang good now. We'll probably have to wait for the Digital Foundry analysis to know for sure, but it feels like a pretty stable 30 fps out in the open world. Fort Tarsis can hitch a little occasionally, but nothing that's really bugging me.

tl;dr: Overall the game feels good to me on PS4 Pro, whereas the demo didn't unless I forced 1080p.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC

In the demo, I started playing at 4k output, and it felt bad, almost broken, because of the framerate. I switched the PS4 to output and 1080p, and that upcapped the framerate. Even with the fluctuating upcapped framerate, it felt way better to me.

In the released, patched version, the framerate is no longer uncapped at 1080p, which bums me out because I appreciated the higher framerate. However, I'm running it with 4k output now on PS4 pro, and it feels pretty dang good now. We'll probably have to wait for the Digital Foundry analysis to know for sure, but it feels like a pretty stable 30 fps out in the open world. Fort Tarsis can hitch a little occasionally, but nothing that's really bugging me.

tl;dr: Overall the game feels good to me on PS4 Pro, whereas the demo didn't unless I forced 1080p.

Thanks! I was playing in 1080p on my PC as well, so will just have to see how it looks for me I guess. Glad to hear it's better than demo either way

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
So, is the game busted to play today or what? I don't have a ton of time to check in on it and I've got a chance to pick it up in a bit and I'm wavering. I don't care about the quality of the actual game, just if it's stable enough to play and not a huge disaster I'm going to waste my time on tonight.

WizzNARD

Jan 5, 2018
I haven't checked, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to play at all unless updated, since it's always online and what not? Maybe just try to launch the game and see what happens, it should pull a patch if it needs one I think? Sorry, trying to be helpful but stuck at work.

Hopefully that helps.

Feeroper

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks for this. Sounds vey similar to how the X1X is right now as well. I have to pick the game up today and trying to decide to go with X1X or PS4 Pro. As I dont have a controller preference and I have friends on both platforms that will be playing I'm feeling a little torn presently. I was originally leaning towards the X so I may pick that up, was just waiting to hear some impressions about the PS4 version given the performance difference between the 2 platforms during the demo period.

Either way I'm very curious to see what Digital Foundry says about the PS4 version now that their Xbox update has been put out.

Resident4t.

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Playing this game with randoms is kind of a nightmare. Anytime I try to explore I'm constantly bombarded with those "Teleporting To Allies" warnings. Probably going private from now on.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The load times out into freeplay or a mission are pretty long.

But people have been exaggerating the load time into the Forge. It's like 4 seconds on my PS4 Pro....

Oct 27, 2017
Playing this game with randoms is kind of a nightmare. Anytime I try to explore I'm constantly bombarded with those "Teleporting To Allies" warnings. Probably going private from now on.

This doesn't happen in Freeplay. If you're doing missions, then trying to explore is going to get you that message. Play on private if you want to solo missions by yourself and explore a bit.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
Can't even start the game now on Xbox. After logging into the game, it goes to live content update, then crashes to dashboard.

Edit: Well this is great. Came home from work early to get some extra time in, and nope!

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
is there anyway to preview the Armor sets available in the shop? I want to check out the new Colossus set, but the preview image isnt the best way to see it.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Game runs much better than I expected on PS4. Noticeable improvement over the demo that's for sure. Loading times are still pretty rough though but I'm enjoying my time with the game so far around 3 hours in.

Oct 25, 2017
On a side note, my friends and I have nicknamed the javelins:

Colossus = thiccboi
Interceptor = qwikboi
Storm = magikboi
Ranger = Ranger