Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I just found an AMAZINGLY fun glitch / feature / bug / high level gamer skillz that lets you thrust fly while shooting whatever gun you want as the Colossus. With the Lightning Coil equipped, go full speed fly around and trigger the ability , while its active, you can shoot whatever you want. I'm flying high speed through groups of enemies with my flame thrower on full blast and the lightning going off Comboing everything in sight. I hope they never patch this out lmao.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I just found an AMAZINGLY fun glitch / feature / bug / high level gamer skillz that lets you thrust fly while shooting whatever gun you want as the Colossus. With the Lightning Coil equipped, go full speed fly around and trigger the ability , while its active, you can shoot whatever you want. I'm flying high speed through groups of enemies with my flame thrower on full blast and the lightning going off Comboing everything in sight. I hope they never patch this out lmao.
Please get us a video this sounds funny as fuck.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
That's inaccurate. Act 1 "starts in March". The first update could come March 30 for all we know, and the three updates for Act 1 could span weeks or months.

Even better, when you look at the breakdown of Act 1, it breaks down into 3 updates, but only the 3rd/last update of Act 1 has the same highlighting as the bottom border, which is where the new stronghold & other content is. So there is a chance we won't get any of that until the end of Act 1 itself, which would put it in may/june territory.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
Its kind of amazing realizing that, technical issues aside, the fundamental issues with how endgame loot & its tables have been established just leads someone to realize fixing this, and getting it to a state where completing difficult objectives is as rewarding as mass farming easier stuff, is going to take awhile. And honestly, just judging by how deep the current loot table is, they are going to need to produce a lot more loot to do it.

Deep, fundamental issues with an endgame loot grind have typically not presented themselves for a couple of weeks to a month. Here, players got to the flaws in 3 days and its technically not been launched on consoles yet. BW is going to be eaten alive.

I wonder how much of this game's ongoing dev budget is dependent on store MTX? This game might just need a sequel to get it to where it needs to be.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Another farm method.
This is indeed much more efficient than chest farm, but it's a bit of a hassle and not for everyone. You literally need a friend who still have a certain mission unfinished.

Its kind of amazing realizing that, technical issues aside, the fundamental issues with how endgame loot & its tables have been established just leads someone to realize fixing this, and getting it to a state where completing difficult objectives is as rewarding as mass farming easier stuff, is going to take awhile. And honestly, just judging by how deep the current loot table is, they are going to need to produce a lot more loot to do it.

I wonder how much of this game's ongoing dev budget is dependent on store MTX? This game might just need a sequel to get it to where it needs to be.
At the current state of MTX store, I doubt people would want to spend a lot of money on the game. Looks like they're still developing the MTX items as we speak.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
So you just ask a random to leave his own mission? I wonder if many would agree to that.

Heres the worse part - this exploit was discovered before 2/3rds of the platforms have had the game made available to them, meaning there are going to be plenty of new players who new the exploit and save this mission for it. Right now on PC, its fortunate that most players at endgame have done everything, even though its still not impossible to take advantage of this. But with a fresh batch of players? Yeahh... this weekend is gonna be fun.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
1) how do loot drops work?....when you get loot as part of a team (from enemy drops, treasure chests etc) does everyone get the same loot?...2) how does matchmaking work?...do they match you up with people that are the same level as you?

Whatever you see on the ground is yours. Only you see it.

Matchmaking tries to match you with people close to your level but it depends on what you're trying to do. It doesn't matter too much as everything scales down to your level. In quickplay for example, you can be a level 12 and match with just about any other leveled player. BTW, don't use quickplay til you finish the story.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Whatever you see on the ground is yours. Only you see it

so the other players in my group all get different loot?...there's no repeating weapons, gear etc?...like when you open up one of those treasure chests after completing part of a mission/Stronghold...everyone gets different loot?...where does the best loot come from?...GrandMaster levels, Legendary contracts?

Oddhouse

Oct 31, 2017
I honestly just LOL at a lot of the conjecture here.

"Anthem better do X or update Y by time Z or Division 2 is going to take their entire playerbase." LOL.

While, yes, its obviously important that the game gets its updates and ongoing content and whatnot, the notion that everyone is just going to disappear and go play the Division 2 instead if Anthem doesn't do "insert random feature here" is laughable. I mean for myself, I'm just checking out Anthem because of Bioware- one of my all time favorite devs (and I'm definitely not alone here). Hopefully it gets some hooks in me and its something I will play off and on over the months/years. Even if it isnt the most amazing thing day 1, the product I will expect will be well worth its while and my investment as time goes by and people will continue to find reasons to keep booting it up as the game is improved/added upon. I have no interest whatsoever in The Division 2 so whatever that product has/doesn't have don't mean squat to me. (and I'm not saying that to trash the Division or those who enjoy playing it, its just its overall style (realistic-ish military TPS is not really my forte. )

And the assumption that apparently unlike Anthem- Division 2 is going to launch 100% polished, with no bugs, immaculate performance, no connection/network issues, endless content, that rivals Anthem by 10x and not have its own issues (or people blowing through the initial content within a week, and being super-impatient for whatever end-game stuff they want RIGHT NOW, even though the games only been available for days- its a silly notion indeed.

But beyond it all- do people really think Bioware/EA spent all this time making Anthem to just not support it, not offer reasonable content., or have their product look laughable in the face of the competitions? There are lots of "opinions" on the matter, but little fact right now. Bioware has communicated and stated its intentions pretty extensively by now- they are in this for the long haul, and have plans for long term and ongoing additions and content that will keep players coming back. You can't judge the game too much after one weekend while its still technically in a sort of quasi "preview stage" for EA Access people and not out for all platforms. Come back in a few months after a few updates/events maybe we can talk turkey a little more regarding Anthem vs. Division, but there is certainly space for both games to exist and be a successes in their own respective right.

Well said.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
so the other players in my group all get different loot?...there's no repeating weapons, gear etc?...like when you open up one of those treasure chests after completing part of a mission/Stronghold...everyone gets different loot?...where does the best loot come from?...GrandMaster levels, Legendary contracts?
Yup, loot is instanced. You're not taking anyone's nor are others taking your stuff.
Hard difficulty is capped at 6 different masterworks. Everything drops from everywhere when you play at GM1 or above. Some activities have higher chances at better loot.

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Found a color scheme i love. the gold shimmers to a bronze at different angles.

xUwV4uP.jpg

4OAz6lo.jpg

5YbR6KU.jpg

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Oh nothing. Gamble said at E3 during the Anthem press event that the game was supposed to be a seamless open-world. Anyone who's played the game knows that's not the case. My news item is just the one posted on Reddit for the quote. No biggie.
Oh right, think there was a thread about that the other day too.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yup, loot is instanced. You're not taking anyone's nor are others taking your stuff.
Hard difficulty is capped at 6 different masterworks. Everything drops from everywhere when you play at GM1 or above. Some activities have higher chances at better loot.

so there's no real point in playing GM2 or higher then if the same loot drops at GM1

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
Damnit Scar stronghold on GM1 is permanently broken, can't do it, tried solo, tried with my friends.
Ah well guess I'm not playing the only new stronghold since one is from the demo and the other is the last mission again :(

so there's no real point in playing GM2 or higher then if the same loot drops at GM1

Higher chance though.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
The weapon design on Anthem is so absurdly boring. It's like they just copy-pasted the same design and stretched it with Photoshop 30 times. The game is great-looking, but there are so many inconsistencies in terms of quality in the art direction department.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
if I buy the digital version of the game from Best Buy will they just send me an Origin key?...I have a BB gift card and want to save some $$ buying from them but want to make sure that I'll be getting an Origin key

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Last few missions I've run have been crap so far. Those puzzle ones are such a headache when you cant communicate with your team. I had to do that rotating symbol all by myself because the rest of my team couldnt figure it out.

I also made it to what I believe is the final boss, but I couldnt complete it because I ran out of ammo, nothing was spawning ammo, and none of my skills besides my ult damaged it. So I had to leave and start it all over again.

Also having audio cut out halfway thru nearly every story mission and getting locked out of a cutscene for a mission I never did before wasn't exactly great. But at this point I've given up on the lore and skip through dialogue now.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The weapon design on Anthem is so absurdly boring. It's like they just copy-pasted the same design and stretched it with Photoshop 30 times. The game is great-looking, but there are so many inconsistencies in terms of quality in the art direction department.
Yeah, this is one area that Destiny has it beaten, unequivocally. I have seem some of the MW weapons with really cool stats, but the designs really are lacking.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
do the cosmetic upgrades for your javelin also work the same way as weapon drops?...meaning I need to grind it out at higher difficulties etc to get the better gear?
Cosmetics, for the most part, do not drop. You earn them through challenges/feats or through the store. Though I do remember reading that some cosmetics might be tied to GM+ difficulties.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
problem solved! (for PC anyway)

get faster loads times and solve performance issues by installing on an SSD

We played Anthem for review and had it installed on an SSD...we're happy to report that the long loading time issues are non-existent if you whack it on an SSD instead of a normal hard drive on PC...it doesn't just help with loading times, either...lots of other critics and players have noticed a bunch of environmental pop-in...again, this doesn't happen if you stick the game on an SSD...

https://www.vg247.com/2019/02/18/anthem-faster-loads-times/

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
It takes so fucking long to hit level 30, dear god. I finished the campaign at level 19 and have been doing strongholds and more contracts for hours and am still only level 23.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017

We played Anthem for review and had it installed on an SSD...we're happy to report that these long loading time issues are non-existent if you whack it on an SSD instead of a normal hard drive on PC...it doesn't just help with loading times, either...lots of other critics and players have noticed a bunch of environmental pop-in...again, this doesn't happen if you stick the game on an SSD...

I was under the impression that load times were an issue for SSD users as well? I'm confused.

chipperrip

Jan 29, 2019

We played Anthem for review and had it installed on an SSD...we're happy to report that the long loading time issues are non-existent if you whack it on an SSD instead of a normal hard drive on PC...it doesn't just help with loading times, either...lots of other critics and players have noticed a bunch of environmental pop-in...again, this doesn't happen if you stick the game on an SSD...

I'm on a 960 evo m2 drive and while not as extreme as for most people, the loading can still be very long. The weird thing is how inconsistent loads are. Sometimes it's quick, other times 3 times as long to load the same content. Some of my longest loads have been catch up timer loads.

I also experience occasional pop in and missing geometry if going between many zones in a tight border quickly. I have a theory this is in laggier games with a poor host connection where I also suffer from enemies not appearing while I'm getting shot at. Usually when having traversed to catch up to my team.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
so what is the best way to play this game?...do all Story missions first?...then do all the Strongholds?...then do FreePlay?

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
God this game is so buggy. Have had so much issue getting into a Stronghold, two crashes and one 95% error. Then when I get in, people are stuck because one of the doors won't unlock. fucking hell

BIG J

Oct 27, 2017
Game has so much potential. Seems like we're gonna need an update to sort out the issues and content

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
My CPU hates this game.

If you play on PC and you have some issues - slow loading textures, lag etc - I bet CPU usage is the reason. Check it. I was wondering what was causing lag and slow enemies loading and other problems. My CPU usage is 100%... I saw on reddit it's quite common.

Seriously, I can't even play because of that. And it worked FINE in the Vip Demo. If anyone has a fix for that I'd be grateful...
Have you updated your drivers? I had a similar issue for MEA and it was cus I was missing a driver.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
EA gave Bioware too much rope to hang themselves during development.

They needed to crack down on bioware years ago, and gave them concrete milestones and deadlines.

Bioware was twiddling their thumbs for six years and this is the state of launch. Smh.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
It takes so fucking long to hit level 30, dear god. I finished the campaign at level 19 and have been doing strongholds and more contracts for hours and am still only level 23.
Yea I'm running into the same issue. This is insane.

I'll share my little little power leveling trick with you guys that helped me go from 25 to 30 in just a few hours. Quick Play. Not only will it throw you into missions near their end, but you'll get bonus XP from back filling. Buyer beware ...... you'll also get thrown into missions where people have abandoned them midway for good reason. They might be glitched, doors locked, events not triggered ect. So you might get a string of bad luck entering quick play missions that are broken as fuck. Despite all this trash, it's the quickest way to level I've found.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
FML. It took me 5 hours to realize I can change the color on my armor and not just the type of paint.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017

They needed to crack down on bioware years ago, and gave them concrete milestones and deadlines.

Bioware was twiddling their thumbs for six years and this is the state of launch. Smh.
Twiddling their thumbs trying to fit a square peg (open world game) into a round hole (frostbite engine). This is a mess of EA's own making, Bioware are just going to be the ones to suffer the consequences.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017

Just imagine, up until Feb 1st of 2018, it was scheduled to come out last October.

What state was the game in even back then I wonder.