• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
God of High School 3

Is this yet another show where the female member of the trio gets shafted? Hers was easily the worst fight.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing. I'd highly recommend the manga because there's actually quite a lot of solid lore and story under the cute and comedic exterior.

Hope we get a S2. Apparently S1 did pretty well.

Hold on, Shamiko! Strive to get manga released in English so you can extend your dominion over this realm!

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
That's not a bad wait for it especially if it has a dub.
August is getting stacked with animation on netfliix
Glitch techs back half of season 1
Agretsko season 3
Arcadia trilogy part 3 season 1
Korra is coming

over on disney you have owl house and amphibia continuing

and on hbo max you have infinity train.

So not a bad animation month despite there not being a ton of anime that interests me this season.

What??????????? Glitch Techs and motherfucking INFINITY TRAIN are back? Now all I need is for Ducktales and Hilda to come back and I'll be set.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Btw, you should all watch the Ping Pong live-action flick from 2002:

The trailer isn't great, but it's legitimately fantastic / superior to the anime.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Btw, you should all watch the Ping Pong live-action flick from 2002:

The trailer isn't great, but it's legitimately fantastic / superior to the anime.

I think Ping Pong the Animation is literally one of the best anime of all time, at least top 3, and you are saying they made a movie that's better?????

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
What??????????? Glitch Techs and motherfucking INFINITY TRAIN are back? Now all I need is for Ducktales and Hilda to come back and I'll be set.
Infinity Train is going to be enough to get me on HBO Max, I think. (Also, relevant to this thread, I believe they have the Ghibli collection available?)

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Hilda is supposed to be this fall, ducktales was supposed to be a short break but covid messed with that.
still waiting for zulux21 to tell me if i will like infinity train or not
I'm really not sure if you would enjoy it. I think you would like season 2, but you really shouldn't watch season 2 without watching season 1 and season 1 is tricky whether you would enjoy it, but I suppose worst case it's short.

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
Gundam IBO

So I was watching Gundam clips since I bought a kit to assemble and remembered I was gonna watch IBO. Then bam, YouTube had a nasty spoiler which led it me just reading what happened.

Kinda glad I skipped out on it after a few episodes, sounds like a total waste of time. Especially if MC got taken out by some aristocrat.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Gundam IBO

So I was watching Gundam clips since I bought a kit to assemble and remembered I was gonna watch IBO. Then bam, YouTube had a nasty spoiler which led it me just reading what happened.

Kinda glad I skipped out on it after a few episodes, sounds like a total waste of time. Especially if MC got taken out by some aristocrat.
IBO is a pretty good Gundam show. You're missing a whole lot of the picture by just narrowing it down to the ending.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Clannad AS: 4

man I love these characters but the music choice kept making me laugh in all the serious scenes. Sunohara is best boy.

Oct 25, 2017
Gundam IBO

Would still watch it everything for the ride was amazing.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Princess Connect 5
Okay I was kinda average-to-good on the previous episodes but this was a tour-de-force comedy episode. Being Karyl is suffering. Amazing expressions throughout. I really loved the wiggling cursed ring.

It's so funny watching these SAO-esque character designs being put into these increasingly absurd situations

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Deca-Dence 03
Ok so I really like how this show doesn't do silly super long mysteries but just gives you straight answers for a lot of stuff.
We now know what happened to the Earth and Humans basically but of course there is still more stuff to find out.
I find myself greatly enjoying this series and its characters

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Re:Zero 1-3
I really missed this show, I really like how they keep introducing new mysteries instead of pushing past ones
Also beast bakugo is hilarious

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Deca-Dence Episode 3:

I do like how the video game tutorial segment is actually a video game tutorial segment, Still trying to suss out the deeper politics going on around Deca-Dence as everything is a fair bit muddled.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Re: Zero S2 3
That was a remarkable amount of information to throw at people all at once. Different named witches, witch factors, and the offer of information from a dead one completely bypassed instantly. Pretty bad look there considering he could use all the info he could get. Then the ending...

Definitely something I didn't see coming.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Deca-Dence 3
The tutorial area got a real kick out of me. Here's your MMO starting area, tho it feels like Kaburagi is training an NPC and not another Player Character.

As for the surrounding world...I'm not so sure giving up your life to a corporation for "entertainment" is best end state after unbridled capitalism is what destroyed the world in the first place. But hey, sweet MMO right?

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
The Twelve Kingdoms 30

I'll admit, I'm not too fond of Youko once again going undercover as a commoner to understand her people. I thought that was what the first third of the series was about. Obviously she won't get to know everything, but I'm still more interested in what she's doing on the throne. At least she's getting involved with the conspiracy stuff still. Also jeez that's frustrating, Asano just missing Youko and Suzu actually meeting her beloved Queen Kei without realizing it. Meanwhile it looks like Shoukei is starting to grow. Rakushun is the bro to end all bros. Maybe too bro since it seems like his life's purpose is to provide great wisdom to lost noble girls, but at least he knows how to roll with it.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Rewatching Gurren Lagann for the first time since it aired and yeesh the writing has not aged well at all. Made it to the second half and forgot just how painful it gets. It's really a blessing in disguise that BNA only got 12 episodes. Kazuki Nakashima has not improved as a lead writer in 13 years.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Re Zero S2: 3

Not a lot here all my brain could think was shipping Otto and Garfiel. I guess the gang is back togeeeether.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still really confused why they are doing this dub so long after the show came out. Are they adapting the rest of the manga?

I remember liking tge show, but like most shows, it ended at the beginning of a new arc.
Sentai has been going through and dubbing a number of their older shows that they skipped over.
They did Golden Time not that long ago as well so I have to buy this and Golden time with the new dubs.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Uzaki-chan Wa Asobitai ep.1-2
ok, ok, this is pretty fun outside of her saying fuckimg senpai every 2 secs. I mean, it's not gonna beat Tagaki-sans charm, but it is still a fun show that I'll stick with.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I wish we got more Fruits Basket remaster/continuations/completions.

Hopefully, FB sells well in NA/Japan to further promote the idea.
It took me a bit to realize you meant new anime for older series like Fruits Basket.

my number one hope is still that Skip Beat will get a new series as it gets closer to completion. Though the chapter I just read really would work just fine as a new anime ending.

There are a number of completed manga I would love to see get full adaptions.

Still wish Trigun would :(

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Re:Zero S2 3

"I don't want answers, I want Emilia"

Also okay very unexpected ending. I was wondering if Subaru's non-isekai life would come up eventually.

OP
OP
Narag

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Japan Sinks 10 FIN

I was going to write a review about how wanton disaster and such provides unsatisfying narrative since truth is stranger than fiction and we need our stories to have reasons behind them but I appreciated that last ep a lot even if stuff wasn't handled well throughout. It's like the giant exhale we were never allowed prior and maybe there's more intent behind that than I anticipated since the unrelenting tragedy really tied everything to the now and it was hard to comprehend Japan is its people more than anything else while caught up in that.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Princess Connect 5-6
The comedy in the first ep was really great (shout outs to Yuuki being flung into a tree, the physicality of that was astounding) but, and I know it's a gacha tie in, the second episode was borderline incomprehensible with the amount of plot elements it tried to introduce all at once, particularly the drama about the two sisters without having met either of them really beforehand, and then inexplicably making them the focus of the episode while the Guild got sidelined (well they had moments ofc but they were more on the periphery). Anyway hopefully we can get back to the laughs now.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Deca-Dence 3
The tutorial area got a real kick out of me. Here's your MMO starting area, tho it feels like Kaburagi is training an NPC and not another Player Character.

As for the surrounding world...I'm not so sure giving up your life to a corporation for "entertainment" is best end state after unbridled capitalism is what destroyed the world in the first place. But hey, sweet MMO right?

They probably didn't have a choice in the matter or were even aware.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Princess Connect 5-6
The comedy in the first ep was really great (shout outs to Yuuki being flung into a tree, the physicality of that was astounding) but, and I know it's a gacha tie in, the second episode was borderline incomprehensible with the amount of plot elements it tried to introduce all at once, particularly the drama about the two sisters without having met either of them really beforehand, and then inexplicably making them the focus of the episode while the Guild got sidelined (well they had moments ofc but they were more on the periphery). Anyway hopefully we can get back to the laughs now.

Yeah the middle got weirdly serious and it felt out of place. Thankfully it goes back to gourmet guild stuff afterwards.

2020 Happy Science Primer

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Animu is on break so let´s talk about real KINO for a change. The world simply must know. The ongoing anime films of the religious cult Happy Science.
A primer. I didn´t know that KyoAni´s roots were here:
www.youtube.com

The Japanese Cult Producing 20+ Years Of Anime

Looking at the Japanese cult that's been funding anime for over 2 decades.If you'd like to support my work: https://www.patreon.com/thepedanticromanticTrans ...
A 2015 breakdown from Happy Science itself:
info.happy-science.org

Happy Science Continues to Portray the Mysteries of the Universe with the power of Movies | HAPPY SCIENCE Official Website

Since 1994, Happy Science has been portraying the invisible world and informing society by producing movies. Themes include the existence of Buddha and God, of course, along with realms in the othe...
I saw all of them because of course but I also listened to the entire 1050 page audiobook of Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000.
MAL has them numbered but here you go. From movie 1 to 8.
myanimelist.net

Hermes: Ai wa Kaze no Gotoku

Thousands of years in the past, a young boy named Hermes is named as a future great hero in a prophecy. Hermes grows up to save a beautiful princess and face the evil king Minos of Crete. The first title in the series of anime films by the Happy Science cult.
myanimelist.net

Taiyou no Hou: El Cantare e no Michi

The second title in the series of anime films by the Happy Science religion.
myanimelist.net

Ougon no Hou: El Cantare no Rekishikan

In the year 2403 AD a young student named Satoru is visited by a time traveler from the future, a cute girl named Alisa. The two go back in time together to explore the 21st century when a malfunction sends them hurdling through seemingly random episodes of religious and perhaps historic...
myanimelist.net

Eien no Hou

Ryuta and his friends from the science club visit a museum exhibit on Thomas Edison and it's there they learn about one of his proposed inventions called the "spirit phone" which would enable communication with the deceased. Later that day, they bump into a shaman who claims she has a message...
myanimelist.net

Buddha Saitan

17-year-old Sayako Amanokawa aspires to become a journalist, just like Kanemoto, an elite newspaper writer she looks up to. But Kanemoto, shamed from an erroneous report about a corruption scandal, jumps in front of a train and commits suicide. Since that incident, Sayako suddenly becomes able...
myanimelist.net

Shinpi no Hou

The film takes place in 201X, when the newly-formed Empire of Godom is threatening to take over the world by using mysterious technology offered to them by Chan Reika, the mysterious female president of a trading company. The protagonist of the film Shishimaru Shou is the one man who has the...
myanimelist.net

UFO Gakuen no Himitsu

Ray, Anna, Tyler, Halle, and Eisuke are five high school students who are suddenly wrapped up in a mysterious incident. An alien species called Grey abducts Halle's sister and embeds her with a special chip inside her brain. The five stand up to save Halle's sister and try to reveal the...
myanimelist.net

Uchuu no Hou: Reimei-hen

University students, Ray, Anna, Tyler, Halle, and Eisuke are enjoying college life and pursuing their dreams, but in reality, They have a secret mission, to fight against invading Reptilians from outer space. One day, Ray travels back in time to 330 million years ago on Earth, to find his...
All of these are legally on YT with dubs (hello Wendee Lee) outside of movie 8 aka The Laws of the Universe: Part 1 (the sequel to Part 0!). That one only has subs on YT. You must understand. Happy Science is gracious enough to share their knowledge with us soon after these films leave theatres.
Movie 4 The Laws of Eternity will never be beaten. It is THE greatest religious film of all time. Not only does it feature Friedrich Nietzsche in hell, wait till Adolf Hitler show ups! Riding on the CG mammoth named Bihimoss. It gets to fight a mech version of an Incan god. I learned so much about the power of the Seventh Dimension due to this masterpiece!
www.youtube.com

The Laws of Eternity

The spirit world is about thoughts.
the-laws-of-eternity-hitler.jpg
175144.jpg

Bihimoss, I choose you. Adolf Hitler, 2006... in hell... fighting the chosen warriors of god.

Start with movie 1 but the juicy gooey middle is when this series peaks. COVID 19 better not delay The Laws of the Universe 2 and 3? -1? Starting with Part 0 in the title was bold. I wonder if Trump will show up? Obama made it into movie 6.
YMS has the Cool Cat cinematic universe. RLM has Neil Breen. Other less knowledgeable audiences must live with the MCU. I got my "cult films" and their message must be spread! Movie 6,5 was in live-action. Not on YT it seems but you´ll find it, my disciples.
At least half are well animated, outside of the CG, because of course. These have budgets you all. Have fun with the credits. You might recognize names.
Edit: The mech god was Incan not Aztek. Sorry. He is friends with Thomas Edison.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Narag

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
We've been preaching Happy Science in these threads between the old place and here since like 2013. Laws of the Sun was probably my favorite since it didn't really pretend to be anything other than cult indoctrination material.

Last edited:

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Have you seen Karl Marx - The Animation comrade Narag?
933.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Its only 3 hours long my red brothers and sisters and he looks the part by the end.
It highly relies on the mystical knowledge of the art called CGI. Chinese TV grade CG. Glorious. KLANG-worthy even.

The Madhouse (from when they were good) film is lastly and unironically the best adaptation of Anne Frank to this day.
Also really good:

OP
OP
Narag

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Not yet re: Marx. The Anne Frank film looks interesting though. Still haven't watched Osumi's Melos as I, for whatever reason, told myself I wanted to watch the '81 Toei version first.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Aoi Bungaku also did Run Melos Narag. It gets 2nd place. Never getting a followup series is such bullshit. 7,5/10
My ANN profile link on MU doesn´t lie. I have tried every anime. Well, close enough.

I have no backlog and was always curious about Les Misérables The Anime. I am going in.
tumblr_inline_pa1yvuSEsU1ttsu6g_1280.jpg

But are you Javert?

In case anyone cares. The best anime adapted from foreign material is:
It got a VERY rare "masterpiece" rating by me. I am like YMS with those when it comes to anime.

Edit: My Imdb and ANN profiles are now linked in my Era profile. Rejouce.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Narag

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey there's a version in a 1979 anthology anime too. Glancing at it, it looks very 1979.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
This better be done in 2 eps. There are 26.
myanimelist.net

Nihon Meisaku Douwa Series: Akai Tori no Kokoro

A collection of children's stories originally printed in the popular magazine Akai Tori, which was published from 1918 to 1936. (Source: AniDB)

Here are the 4 TV anime from before 1980 one should watch from the top of my head:
These put "older audience" anime on the map. Lupin Part 1 was even fairly adult for like 1/3rd of it under the original director. Only Gundam is legit good of course.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
there was a good two or three days I was getting targeted Happy Science ads on facebook from apparently my local (?) ministry or whatever they call it

Status
Not open for further replies.