• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
What's the point in reviving Animaniacs?
The entire point of the original Animaniacs run was to get away with as much crap as possible
Ratings boards today won't tolerate it, and I doubt Hulu wants to as well.

For those uninformed, Animaniacs joked about molestation, rape, and some other things that won't fly in today's market.

Unless Hulu is intentionally ordering 2 seasons of an adult-oriented cartoon, i don't think this will be the Animaniacs you remember.

wyndhamprice

Oct 27, 2017
They need to remake this song if only to update it because there are new countries that didnt exist in the 90s and many from the 90s that dont exist anymore or changed their names. Plus its immensely popular so might as well!

The touring Animaniacs music show does the original version and then follows it up with a short update, so it's basically already done if they just want to animate it.

Oct 25, 2017
I really feel like this wont feel nearly as smart and quick witted. It was really ahead of other childrens shows at the time, but there is so much other similar comedy shows. Here's to hoping they can make it feel fresh and not just rehashed stuff

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Please be good.

Please look good.

I can't help but wonder why nobody has gotten Freakazoid back on the air yet...he's practically a meme-powered superhero.

Deleted member 4609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the point in reviving Animaniacs?
The entire point of the original Animaniacs run was to get away with as much crap as possible
Ratings boards today won't tolerate it, and I doubt Hulu wants to as well.

For those uninformed, Animaniacs joked about molestation, rape, and some other things that won't fly in today's market.

Unless Hulu is intentionally ordering 2 seasons of an adult-oriented cartoon, i don't think this will be the Animaniacs you remember.

Animaniacs was hardly just innuendo, as seen by the fact that one of the most talked about moments here is the countries of the world song.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
It's all there already!

DSugxVVVoAAUdgt.jpg

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also hopefully they don't bring back Minerva Mink.

I just want to see the crazy uproar when that happens.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Before you get too misty eyed over the animation quality of the original, go back and watch some of it (now that its freshly uploaded). There's clearly a distinct A B and C animation team, and it's instantly identifiable which one you're seeing. And the top tier is the one you're seeing way too seldom. Tiny Toons is the same way too.

JSevere

Oct 25, 2017
will def be giving this a watch, hope they can get the original cast and crew back too. great that Tiny Toons is streaming rn and the original Animaniacs is back on streaming too (was wondering why it was taken off Netflix awhile back, guess now we know)

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Loved the show but always felt the Yakko/Wakko/Dot and PatB segments were significantly better than everything else. Hopefully the revival will concentrate more on those.

Also, no Hip Hippos, please. They just fucking sucked.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Good Idea
Reviving Animaniacs

Bad Idea
Reviving Animaniacs at Hulu and geoblocking it
The first song they should do is about media licensing. I think virtually all of Hulu's original programming gets licensed out.
Even Netflix used to let programming get licensed (by the producers) to regions where they weren't present. Which is why Netflix launched in France without House of Cards.