• 75-79

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • under 75

Votes: 16 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Plum

May 31, 2018
I'm sure it'll score high but Animal Crossing has always been one of the weirdest games to review. How can you know how the game as a whole is when 'the game as a whole' requires literal years to play? The Animal Crossing you can experience in a week is much, much less of a game than the one you will experience if you play it as much as the game wants you to.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I'm thinking an 89 when all is said and done.
I doubt AC will ever go to 90+MC tbh.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I think if it's too light on content (the Roost missing, a bunch of special characters and features missing) at launch it'll review more poorly than expected. After all the free content updates it'd certainly get a 90+.

Reviews don't matter though, especially for Animal Crossing

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
This seems like a tricky game to thoroughly review, unless you had a copy for at least month.

At least, unlike 7 years ago, now I know I will enjoy the game, bring it on already!!

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
screenshot2020-03-15acjjwl.png
New Leaf is 90 and they know it!
I've voted 90-94 because that's my hope, but if it gets 85-89 then I'll be happy with that too.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
New Leaf scored 88. Horizons shaping up to be an all-around improvement. Logic dictates 90+, reality is probably 85-89. I wish the best for it, assuming it's deserved!

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Are we sure we're getting reviews tomorrow? That's super early for Nintendo, I find it hard to believe.
i'm basing it on this, hopefully i didn't make the thread too soon, lol
stevivor.com

Australian Animal Crossing New Horizons reviews to come after launch

Nintendo today confirmed in emails to outlets in Australia and New Zealand that it will not provide Animal Crossing New Horizons review code until the launch o

and as ususal, nintendo is being weird and sending review codes to some outlets (like easy allies) AFTER the game launches.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I for one am ready for the 5-hit combo of games coming up. Doom, FF7R, RE3R, Half-Life: Alyx and of course the most brutal and dangerous one Animal Crossing.
ftfy :P

But yeah, I can see those five games getting scores above 90, or at least between 85 and 89.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I've heard reviews in Europe also won't be published before launch, cause many publications will be getting the game on Day 1.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it'll score high but Animal Crossing has always been one of the weirdest games to review. How can you know how the game as a whole is when 'the game as a whole' requires literal years to play? The Animal Crossing you can experience in a week is much, much less of a game than the one you will experience if you play it as much as the game wants you to.
Well I guess really people aren't going to play for that long if they don't like it in the first place. So a review of where things are at in the first week(s) is probably enough. And AC fans are probably just going to get it anyways since they know what they're in for.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Any issues will be overlooked with how much fun it is and the game will score very high especially when people are looking for escapism from the current climate in the world. 92 would be my guess.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
I don't understand these games. Sounds and looks like a vapid and boring stardew valley. Would reviewers be rating the fidelity of planting flowers and placing apples and fish in their inventory?

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand these games. Sounds and looks like a vapid and boring stardew valley. Would reviewers be rating the fidelity of planting flowers and placing apples and fish in their inventory?
No, they would be rating how fun the game is and how well its systems come together. Also you know not every game has to appeal to everyone right?

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Just to let you know mazi I'll link to this thread in the OT so that people wanting to discuss and see the reviews can come here, rather than doing it in the OT too :)

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
Probably 83-5. It's really hard to score very well, and nothing I've seen from New Horizons looks particularly mindblowing.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
92 incoming. Will almost definitely be my GOTY depending on what else Nintendo give us the rest of the year. So excited. :D