Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
129BZlO.jpg

Pietro the GOAT even if they ruined his fleece since New Leaf.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
Flick is in my town and I have a record box, plasma ball and futon in the store if anyone is looking.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
It seems that if there's no one at the campsite no chance of seeing a villager at nook miles island?

I only had the first villager show up at the campsite and then I filled the rest of my slots from mystery islands and no one else ever showed up at the campsite.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
Can you prevent a camper from moving to the island? I got Beardo the bear and I hate him. He asked if he should move to my town and the only options were positive. Now Nook is only giving me options to set up his house.

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
That's not how it works. But if you've built the campsite and invited the first camper, you'll now require an open plot for sale or no one will be on the miles islands.
I already did that yesterday. Eugene finally moved today. So I was expecting that I'll see someone at nook islands to get my 7th villager.
Do you already have someone moving in tomorrow? I heard it's only one per day?
Yeah. He moved today (6th).

Sera

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne
Opening my Gates (part 2 electric boogaloo)
this time I will not be afk, so it won't crash
- Southern Hemisphere island, apple native fruit
- Nooks Cranny & Ables open
- Mums, Roses & Lilies on sale
- allowed to take fruit and flower heads you want
- Feel free to take anything from my free stuff stall (blue tarp near the entrance)
- PLEASE DON'T LITTER last time I opened my island to the public I found some littered tools
- accepting cardboard boxes as donations (leave them near my house)
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Can you prevent a camper from moving to the island? I got Beardo the bear and I hate him. He asked if he should move to my town and the only options were positive. Now Nook is only giving me options to set up his house.

The first camper you have to take. The rest after that are optional.

KsG

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
What happens with the campsite when I have max villagers?
Do animals still come to visit and can I invite them to replace a villager?

Ultimadrago

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Man, if it wasn't so late I'd jump to Sera's island. I've been wanting to visit a Southern Hemisphere one for ages.

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Ah. So that's why I never saw any at the island today. I need to ask Nook about island evaluation which Isabelle will talk about. Then, she will tell you to have more villagers on the island which Nook will sell a land for 10,000 bells. I guess I just need to plot this one and find a villager to move in?

machine

Oct 25, 2017
Well, the errands started today. Mac wanted a cherry salmon and Reneigh wanted a sea butterfly. Meanwhile, Eugene just moved in and is already singing in the town square. I also managed to land a blue marlin which was nice.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
So Isabelle is actually named Canela in my game... time to switch the system to english I guess.

I do like Socrates instead of Blathers tho.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You can make BANK on Flick.

Gonna sell him some stinkbugs tonight and get enough for my second bridge.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
Just realized... more tarantulas come out in the rain if you "rig" the environment.
  • Filling the second level of the island with holes (but going around flower bulbs and not uprooting them) stops them from populating above (thus no need to climb for them). Actually... filling a spawn point you don't want them to appear with holes, keeps them focused on the area you do want them.
  • If you hear crickets, your island has bugs, which means they have tarantulas. If you don't hear crickets, and see no warf roaches... that island probably has non. Either look for sturgeons at the river mouth or pillage for resources and move on.
  • Since pesky tiger beetles (or whatever they are) don't come out in rain, all you need to do is clear warf roaches. I had 2 spiders come out at a time, one after another... and filled my inventory in 30-40 min when not messing around.

(all of this of course after you did the method of clearing all trees, weeds, flower stems, and rocks from the island)

Last edited:

Ultimadrago

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
What personality types do you guys like?

Snooty has always been my favorite. Having a character start off cold and judgemental only for them to warm up to you and calm the hell down over time is some of the closest aspects to a growing relationship you can visibly see in Animal Crossing (though the writing and effect was more intense in the past than now).

Having Lolly now and Medli in New Leaf though, Normal is finally starting to grow on me.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Are bamboo trees limited to spawning only one bamboo shoot? Like, ever? Cause the trees I uprooted and transferred to my island haven't spawned any yet, yet those I planted have fully grown and grown some shoots. I planted all of those on the same day, so I expected the trees I uprooted to grow shoots by the time the new ones were fully grown.

I'm having the same issue, and it looks like we're not alone (like, at all). Haven't found a solution yet.

On my end, I harvested six bamboo shoots from a tropical island early last week, planted them all on the home turf and they grew just fine, but not a single one has sprouted a single shoot. I planted the two leftover shoots I had today, so we'll see if they grow or if anything changes. I gave some shoots from the same island to my girlfriend, and they grew just fine on her island (different Switch console, both digital copies) and are sprouting shoots like normal.

Sponged

Oct 29, 2017
Can't sleep so looks like it's onto some late night/early morning animal crossing, hopefully it relaxes me off to sleep

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
I ended up catching two golden trout randomly today and also a marlin. Grabbed a sturgeon yesterday as well. I've probably only crafted 20 or so bait in the 40 hrs I've played, just throw the line out here and there and hope for the best.

Catching an Oarfish on my second day really blew my mind. Nothing has topped that yet. I had no idea there were fish like that in the game (knew next to nothing about the game).

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I really hope we get a patch for

a) crafting from storage, as it's absurd that this isn't included in 2020
b) why in god's name do the wands "monopolize" the clothing their outfits use. Why can't I tag the same jacket in two wand outfits, and why does including it in a wand outfit remove it from my storage. This is an awful design decision.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
So yeah, if your villagers are ever singing, put a stereo by them and start playing some music.

Cherry singing along with K.K Condor is the most adorable thing ever.

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
Some bunny day tips from someone living in the future:
  • You can find eggs on Nook Mile islands
  • Islands can have two earth eggs in addition to a fossil
  • Islands with empty regular trees can have leaf eggs
  • Rocks on Nook Mile islands give more stone eggs according to villagers (checks out for me)
  • Villagers also say coconut trees give wood eggs more often
  • Bunny Day DIY recipes can be found in rainbow bottles on the beach and rainbow balloons
  • Rainbow balloons can also have Sky eggs
  • Water eggs seem to only come from one size of fish shadow. I think it's a medium one?
  • Getting enough of one egg unlocks clothing crafted from that egg. So far I've found you need 15 wood eggs, 10 sky eggs and 25 stone eggs for their respective recipes

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Is there a limit on how many villager I can invite in a day? Or as long as I have an open housing plot I can as many as I have?

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
New in April (Northern)
- Giant Water Bug
- Darner Dragonfly
- Agras Butterfly
- Common Bluebottle
- Madagascan Sunset Moth
- Atlas Moth
- Rajah Brooke's Birdwing
- Long Locust
- Jewel Beetle
- Flea

- Neon Tetra
- Guppy
- Killifish
- Snapping Turtle
- Crawfish
- Zebra Turkeyfish
- Butterfly Fish
- Sea Horse
- Clown Fish
- Surgeon Fish

animalcrossing.fandom.com

Bugs (New Horizons)

In New Horizons, the total number of bugs is 80 up from 72 in New Leaf. New bugs include the atlas moth, paper kite butterfly, Madagascan sunset moth, damselfly, blue weevil beetle, common bluebottle, earth-boring dung beetle, man-faced stink bug, and rosalia batesi beetle. Dropped bugs include...
animalcrossing.fandom.com

Fish (New Horizons)

In New Horizons, the total number of fish is 80, up from 72 in New Leaf. New fish include the mahi-mahi, ranchu goldfish, snapping turtle, tilapia, betta, golden trout, rainbowfish, sturgeon, anchovy, suckerfish, and the barreleye. Dropped fish include the barbel steed, eel, and the rainbow...
Blathers, there's a storm coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.