• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Now now folks. Just because he follows nazis and chooses to fill his timeline with their talking points, racism, misogyny, transphobia and more doesn't make him a bad person.

I'm sure he's just interested in their views on the Earthworm Jim soundtrack.

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
lol

R63ADWw.png

Evoktck.png

zdqcQs4.png

pvvt82d.png

uL96OBp.png
Fuck my Reviews on the Run memories.... What an asshole...

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
Sam from Ars Technica (and author of the original article) raised the Doug TenNapel issue and wanted Tommy to talk about it;

Instead of addressing it, this is how Tommy reacted lol

sugar bear

Oct 27, 2017
There is not enough marijuana on the planet for someone to get as high as this Tommy clown and his shite Intelligent Television reboot.

Jakten

Oct 25, 2017
Devil World, Toronto
This isn't very surprising he always gave me bad vibes. My previous employer was a massive piece of shit who was very good friends with Tommy since childhood. They act very similarly so I always assumed they shared views in a lot of ways.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, Tallarico's follows are really something else.

Well bye Tommy. I would say I hope your scam project is not successful but let's be honest, this thing has been DOA since the moment of its inception.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I've fallen down a rabbit hole, and the Twitter/YouTube sycophancy for this thing is so weird.

Just a bunch of adults in rooms lined with videogame merch getting really upset because people don't understand the genius that is a $250 purchase to get access to a smattering of games that would be soundly derided (if they were even noticed at all) on other systems.

Last edited:

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
I've fallen down a rabbit hole, and the Twitter/YouTube sycophancy for this thing is so weird.

Just a bunch of adults in rooms lined with videogame merch getting really upset because people don't understand the genius that is a $250 purchase to get access to a smattering of games that would be soundly derided (if they were even noticed at all) on other systems.
Welcome to the club! It is very strange.

TBH I think most of them think Tommy's a cool guy and so they stay overly positive because they think he's their friend or something. Not every single one of them obviously, but from what I've seen I think it's a big part of it for some.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
You people are SO ungrateful.

Never happy.

I can't believe it.

This based and red pilled alt right nut job went out of his way to make the Ouya 2 meme dream a reality, and this is how you act.

Bunch of gamerists.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Jeez. Tommy is a full-on alt right d-bag. It seems like he's got the grifting part down pat.

was honestly pretty apparent to me the moment he collabed with SmashJT who's a far-right drama YTer who has harassed tons upon tons of people in his videos and on twitter, and who's still as far as this week picking fights with folks calling out Tommy for this whole ordeal, along with people calling him out for shilling aggressively for this thing because he dumped 10K in investment money like it was a stock. I sincerely hope that asshole goes bankrupt.

Wislizeni

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't this guy also make a big ordeal over a sound effect that was sampled from an old game he worked on? I know legally the entire situation with that sound effect was legitimate, but it was still a little ridiculous, IMO. I'm not surprised by this in the slightest. It's a shame, because I feel some kind of heart in this project? But a lot of people behind it aren't particularly pleasant.

EDIT: Yeah I mean I'm not surprised by his views at all, he definitely gave that impression. Tbh I'm more surprised there were so many fans of him on Era that are... surprised by this revelation.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Who is this for?

The nostalgia heads are deep into emulators/FPGAs/arcade cabinet knockoffs. The kids are playing mobile games on old phones and tablets. Family type games are on the Switch, which is in the same ballpark as this. The brand name itself is a third tier one

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I love how, whenever his follow list is brought up, some chud pops in with "what, you're going to cancel him just for his follow list?"

The dude follows:
  1. Gaming-adjacent people.
  2. Ever single right-wing propagandist you can think of.
  3. That's it.
It clearly isn't a case of "I follow them because they're notable" or "I follow both sides to get the true story" or anything like that.

The dude loves guzzling down right-wing nonsense. There's no other explanation. Yes, I'm going to tell someone who chooses to see everything Rubin, Shapiro, Kirk, Pool, D'Souza, et al says to fuck right off. That follow list is evidence of tremendous mental and moral failure.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
It's uncanny how often the creepy/alt-rght vibes people give off end up being accurate.

Never give up. Trust your instincts.

styl_oh

Fallen One-Winged Chicken Chaser Employee Are Sick
Nov 24, 2019
Alberta, Canada
i used to run with some ppl who had encounters with him. 'he was a bit of a dick' was the standard response when i'd get excited (i'm canadian, he was on tv all the time). guess now i know. and that follow list? jesus.

if i take a look at those message board posts, his twitter (banner of him playing guitar), his absolute zeal when it comes to this doomed project... what it comes off as is sad. in those posts, he's using nasty words, yeah, but not quite as we know them. he's still using terms like 'slings and arrows' and calling people 'cowards'. he's both a man from a different time, refusing to let it go, and a 50-year-old child.

one of those people who just won't be swayed that they're involved in a terrible idea--i thought 'Amico' was some kind of scam the first time I heard the name, and that works fine for what i'm getting at. it's the pitiful image of someone who bought into a pyramid scheme or a timeshare out in Spain... they just won't be talked to, and the amount of self sabotage is insane. i don't even know if i can call it 'desperation' because i think people like this really believe, right til the bitter end.
a would-be visionary who won't accept that his vision of the future is wrong until it's shattered right in front of him.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
Things were always looking bad for Amico but I don't think anyone actively wanted it to fail. It needed an attention-grabbing PR campaign but this ain't it, Chief Tommy.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Amico gonna make more money from republicans than everyone else. They're banking on it.

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
I used to be a TT fan. Somehow I knew he was a dick before Amico, but I don't remember the story so I was hoping this would be a new leaf for a guy who has done a lot in the industry.

The leaked specs for the $250 Amico are already a huge fuck you. Even after considering the parts might not be as cheap as they are in the article because of smaller orders, and the fact that they had to buy the Intellivision brand name and design the box, etc. This thing is a cash grab. I'm not even sure what value the brand adds, unless it's supposed to attract grandparents who remember playing the original Intellivision back in the day. The project who would actually care about the grave aren't going to want to play on such awful hardware.

And then there's the man himself. Fuck off with these pathetic threats against journalists. And of course someone as angry as TT is far right/alt right. There's nothing else to say, because there is room for speculation. You don't follow that crowd unless you're a piece of shit.

I was hoping to pick up an Amico from a discount bin at some point because I like hardware oddities, but I refuse to give this man any of my money or any more of my time.

Einhandr

Shinra Employee
Oct 27, 2017
You know when this thing fails he's going to blame it on everyone else too….it was all the haters fault for wanting it to fail etc.

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
You people are SO ungrateful.

Never happy.

I can't believe it.

This based and red pilled alt right nut job went out of his way to make the Ouya 2 meme dream a reality, and this is how you act.

Bunch of gamerists.

Look, the Twoya would be an entirely different nightmare. Hopefully more Free The Games Fund stuff, another weird vomit ad, a sequel to the "Suck it" That Dragon Cancer moment, more weird Uhrman onstage antics at SXSW…. The Amico is more like if someone infused those late night creepy ads for buying gold and stockpiling MREs into a video game console.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
But he FoLlOwS oBAmA!

"Sure, I follow Crowder and Kirk and D'Souza and Pool and basically every other right-wing nutjob, but I also follow Bill Maher! Checkmate!"

Oct 25, 2017
A couple of podcasts I listen to have mentioned that Tallarico is still saying that J. Allard is with the company in investors meetings and promotions despite him leaving a while ago.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Had very brief encounters w/ Tallarico back in the Interplay/Shiny days. Never liked the guy. That's of no real relevance to this, but his Twitter responses and some of the other stuff in here sure have brought back those memories.