• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
And as someone that also lives here, the fact that you want the country that starved 500,000 Iraqis back, caused untold misery and death, I'd say that's a pretty fucking stupid idea.
??? A few posts ago you said you live in Lebanon, also what do you think the current government have done exactly other than killing the people and stealing our money?

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Just want to clarify these protesters aren't the same as the ones that have been going against the government for over 2 months now, they are a bunch of militia under the order of a bunch of criminals.

You realize the bombing was in response to the recent attack that killed 1 American and injured a few more in Iraq right?

Without commenting on the morality of killing 25 people in response to the death of one, how does the cycle of violence end here?

What the fuck is the US doing bombing people in Iraq??

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Without commenting on the morality of killing 25 people in response to the death of one, how does the cycle of violence end here?
It won't end as long as Iran have Iraq in their pocket but even if it gets taken from them you think they will let Iraq know peace? And of course it isn't just Iran that's the big baddie, I'm sure there are more that benefit from Iraq not having a strong government that's working for their people.

Jibreel

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is the US doing bombing people in Iraq??

Something that people are conveniently ignoring. Not only did they bomb members of Iraq's security apparatus, by Iraq's law the US is suppose to give notice to Iraqi authorities prior to using its air space and attacking targets within the country which according to Iraqi news they didn't...

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
??? A few posts ago you said you live in Lebanon, also what do you think the current government have done exactly other than killing the people and stealing our money?

In Lebanon but Iraqi from my father's side from Basra. They are corrupt and have killed, but you're calling for American intervention against your own people, that's treason, that's a level that's beneath ISIS and nothing justifies it, it's disgusting and repugnant that you see the same country that starved and denied 500,000 Iraqi food and medicine, aided a mass murderer to stay in power in 1991 as a savior.

It won't end as long as Iran have Iraq in their pocket but even if it gets taken from them you think they will let Iraq know peace? And of course it isn't just Iran that's the big baddie, I'm sure there are more that benefit from Iraq not having a strong government that's working for their people.

Watch how all the protests end as soon as Moqtada al Sadr reaches an agreement with Qassem Soleimani.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Ok so a none answer to my first question. Unless you thinking bombing people will lead to peace.

What about the second?

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Someone that lives there and actually knows what's going on and how the people feel?
How well do you know what's going on and how the people feel? You're one person in one group in a big country with a diverse multicultural populous. It's far more complicated than "these are the bad guys, go get 'em". Not taking that into account is a big part of what created the the current situations in Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan in the first place.

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
Might need to kill their families too, for supporting the occupying force
its fucked that I have to say this is sarcasm

One is directly on the ground providing on the ground assistance to troops the others aren't, that's a ridiculous comparison. Are BlackWater contractors off limits too?

How well do you know what's going on and how the people feel? You're one person in one group in a big country with a diverse multicultural populous. It's far more complicated than "these are the bad guys, go get 'em". Not taking that into account is a big part of what created the the current situations in Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan in the first place.

It's easy, he merely outs the others as Iranians and not Iraqi, if we would follow his logic, the actual population of Iraq would be a significantly lower. Ex Baathists and Americanized Iraqis like Steven Nabil are the worst thing that has ever happened to Iraq.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
In Lebanon but Iraqi from my father's side from Basra. They are corrupt and have killed, but you're calling for American intervention against your own people, that's treason, that's a level that's beneath ISIS and nothing justifies it, it's disgusting and repugnant that you see the same country that starved and denied 500,000 Iraqi food and medicine, aided a mass murderer to stay in power in 1991 as a savior.

I think you're underestimating how much the people want change, protesting since 2 months ago and giving +500 kills and thousands of injured didn't come from nothing, if America is the one that can give people what they want so be it.

Watch how all the protests end as soon as Moqtada al Sadr reaches an agreement with Qassem Soleimani.
He has no power on them.

Ok so a none answer to my first question. Unless you thinking bombing people will lead to peace.

What about the second?
I don't even understand what you want.

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
User banned (5 days): conspiracy theorising over multiple posts
The timing seems WAY too convenient. Smells false-flag-y.

Cromat

Mar 17, 2019
You said Lebanese and Syrian protesters, Hezbollah and Iranian backed forces went into direct confrantion with Nusra Front, Jaysh al Islam, ISIS, Ahrar Al Sham, Faylaq al Raham, Soukou al Sham, etc.... After the full escalation of the Syrian protests into sectarian civil war.

Yes, and not a single non-combatant died in those confrontations. They were all ISIS and Nusra. And no chemical weapons were used whatsoever.
Also, Hezbollah supporters clashing with Lebanese protesters: https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/hezbollah-supporters-attack-protesters-in-lebanon/1655633

It's only imperialism when America does it. When Iran has armies in 4 (or more?) countries, and is actively engaging in acts of war in all of them, that's just peachy.

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
I think you're underestimating how much the people want change, protesting since 2 months ago and giving +500 kills and thousands of injured didn't come from nothing, if America is the one that can give people what they want so be it.

Ok go ask Paul Bremer how well that went the first time around.

You're really into this idea of Western savior swooping in and cleansing our land from corruption? Not only that but it's fucking America who failed fantastically to do so back in 2004. You really have no qualms in asking the same country that backed a mass murderer who gassed his own people, who butchered over 200,000 Shia protesters, the same country that starved Iraq, invaded and bombed back into the stone age to step right back in?

There's a perfect word that can accurately describe you, a traitor, pure and simple. Or not even an Iraqi living in the region in the first place,

He has no power on them.

I'm sorry but no, most of the clans that clashed with the pro Hashd forces in the South were Sadrists, the Blue Helmets are Sadrists, his offices remained intact while others were set on fire.

Cheering on the deaths of civilian non combatants is a bad look no matter how you try to spin it

What do you call the French resistance killing Nazi collaborators then? What do you call fighting unarmed colonists and settlers?

Last edited:

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
Yes, and not a single non-combatant died in those confrontations. They were all ISIS and Nusra. And no chemical weapons were used whatsoever.

Yeah civilians died on both sides, such as is war, but neither Hezbollah nor Iran were involved in the pre war protests crackdown.

Hezbollah supporters not Hezbollah, I'm in Lebanon, Hezbollah supporters, like crowds clashed with pro Harriri and pro Lebanese Forces crowds. No actually party member vs party member confrontation. it's like two fanclubs clashing.

It's only imperialism when America does it. When Iran has armies in 4 (or more?) countries, and is actively engaging in acts of war in all of them, that's just peachy.

Is America a native of this region? Is America Sunni or Shia? Also as a Shia I welcome Iranian imperialism, as long as American imperialism is backing Sunni groups.

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
Based on what? Tales from your ass? Keep your conspiracy nuttery out of here.
Just call it an intuition. A new years eve siege on the US embassy in Iraq creates a crisis that would be all too beneficial to Trump in his time of great weakness and vulnerability as a recently impeached president, staring down the barrel of a Senate conviction. I recon we'll someday learn about an orchestration with Iran to manufacture the whole thing. There is precedent for these types of actions from the Trump admin, as we all know.

Wafflinson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Just call it an intuition. A new years eve siege on the US embassy in Iraq creates a crisis that would be all too beneficial to Trump in his time of great weakness and vulnerability as a recently impeached president, staring down the barrel of a Senate conviction. I recon we'll soon learn about some orchestration with Iran to manufacture the whole thing.
My intuition says Jesus did it have he got caught having an affair with E.T.

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Just call it an intuition. A new years eve siege on the US embassy in Iraq creates a crisis that would be all too beneficial to Trump in his time of great weakness and vulnerability as a recently impeached president, staring down the barrel of a Senate conviction. I recon we'll soon learn about some orchestration with Iran to manufacture the whole thing.
I know it's New Year's Eve, but isn't it a little early to start drinking?

Cromat

Mar 17, 2019
Yeah civilians died on both sides, such as is war, but neither Hezbollah nor Iran were involved in the pre war protests crackdown.

Hezbollah supporters not Hezbollah, I'm in Lebanon, Hezbollah supporters, like crowds clashed with pro Harriri and pro Lebanese Forces crowds. No actually party member vs party member confrontation. it's like two fanclubs clashing.

Is America a native of this region? Is America Sunni or Shia? Also as a Shia I welcome Iranian imperialism, as long as American imperialism is backing Sunni groups.

I respect your honesty in the last paragraph, although it means that the region is absolutely fucked.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just call it an intuition. A new years eve siege on the US embassy in Iraq creates a crisis that would be all too beneficial to Trump in his time of great weakness and vulnerability as a recently impeached president, staring down the barrel of a Senate conviction. I recon we'll someday learn about an orchestration with Iran to manufacture the whole thing. There is precedent for these types of actions from the Trump admin, as we all know.
Less intuition, more conspiracy theories.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018

So you've invented a conspiracy between the US and people it's designated enemies to attack its own embassy based on absolutely nothing. Such stupidity.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017

Such an interesting flavor of American-centric thinking. We literally have an apparent pro-Sunni (I assume) Iraqi and a Shia Lebanese-Iraqi arguing in this thread about related conflicts in the region that have been going on for decades (with US assistance), but nah man, what's really important is T R U M P

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
New Trump tweets

The U.S. Embassy in Iraq is, & has been for hours, SAFE! Many of our great Warfighters, together with the most lethal military equipment in the world, was immediately rushed to the site. Thank you to the President & Prime Minister of Iraq for their rapid response upon request Iran will be held fully responsible for lives lost, or damage incurred, at any of our facilities. They will pay a very BIG PRICE! This is not a Warning, it is a Threat. Happy New Year!

Oct 25, 2017
Those idiots didn't even know the difference between Sunnis and Shiites. A Shiite majority country that has been ruled for decades under a brutal Sunni dictatorship, will naturally get cozy with the only other Shiite majority state (Bahrain is another Shiite majority state but it's under a Sunni monarchy) that was also Shiite ruled. A child could have told them what was going to happen.

every US expert on the region actually DID tell the US government that it would have dire consequences. The admin just didn't care.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Given the seriousness of the situation why the fuck is "Attacked" in quotes like it's some sort of joke?

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
There's a perfect word that can accurately describe you, a traitor, pure and simple. Or not even an Iraqi living in the region in the first place,
Dude piss off with this shit, you're someone that doesn't even live in Iraq and one that would serve Iran freely going by your posts have the nerve to call me a traitor, but do you know who else were called traitors? The civilian protests against the government, I'm sure you the know the word that describes you, ذيل.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018

bruhhh I hope that's a different ISIS you're talking about.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I don't think aligning yourself with a country with even recent history of backstabbing yours Is a good idea.

The US only cares about attacking Iran to please the Saudis, even if they werent involved.

The less US influence in the world, the better

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
uhhh Murder? I call killing unarmed people murder.
That you have trouble with this concept speaks volumes

Speaks volumes? You've never lived under occupation, you didn't experience any of this, so you don't get to lecture me.

Dude piss off with this shit, you're someone that doesn't even live in Iraq and one that would serve Iran freely going by your posts have the nerve to call me a traitor, but do you know who else were called traitors? The civilian protests against the government, I'm sure you the know the word that describes you, ذيل.

و انت ذيل للاميركان.

I'm not the one calling in aid from a foreign nation against my own country, I'm not the one so naive and gullible to believe Trump would succeed where Bush and Bremer, arguably his intellectual superiors, for whatever that is worth, failed back in 2004. Call me ذيل all you want, I'm used to Baathist insults, they don't mean anything to me, your time is over, and it's never gonna come back, who fought and defeated ISIS won't be brought down by lynch mobs who butcher 16 year olds in the streets.

bruhhh I hope that's a different ISIS you're talking about.

ISIS are brainwashed animals, but fully betraying your country by asking the Americans to intervene, the same Americans that actually killed way more Iraqis with sanctions alone than ISIS as a whole is on another level of treason, like I can understand someone being religiously indoctrinated into ISIS, but going back to call for an American occupation after the 2004 invasion and occupation?

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
و انت ذيل للاميركان.

I'm not the one calling in aid from a foreign nation against my own country, I'm not the one so naive and gullible to believe Trump would succeed where Bush and Bremer, arguably his intellectual superiors, for whatever that is worth, failed back in 2004. Call me ذيل all you want, I'm used to Baathist insults, they don't mean anything to me, your time is over, and it's never gonna come back, who fought and defeated ISIS won't be brought down by lynch mobs who butcher 16 year olds in the streets.
Lmao I'm Kurdish, the ones that suffered the most from Saddam, but I see you're following the steps of your masters, anyone who is opposing them is a traitor, Saddam supporter, etc.. you're days are ending anyways so enjoy them while you can.

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
Lmao I'm Kurdish, the ones that suffered the most from Saddam, but I see you're following the steps of your masters, anyone who is opposing them is a traitor, Saddam supporter, etc.. you're days are ending anyways so enjoy them while you can.

That's even more pathetic considering what the Americans did by abandoning Rojava, but I guess once you're used to being an American asset you just can't help it right? Don't worry you won't be getting Kirkuk back anytime soon.

I shouldn't be surprised, even the protesters on the ground yesterday were condemning the airstrike, you don't represent them nor belong to them in any shape or form.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018

giphy.gif

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017

Okay, I'm Lebanese as well, and I can verify that this is bs, Hezbollah has clashed with anti-corruption protesters from all sects. They've even attacked their own people in Nabatieh. This is typical Hizbullah spin. At least be honest with your biases. Hezbollah also has been receiving additional dollars from Iran as the country sinks into an economic crisis, supplementing only their own sect. This is by definition a proxy war and a rallying cry to organize the Shia'a against the popular movements.

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
Okay, I'm Lebanese as well, and I can verify that this is bs, Hezbollah has clashed with anti-corruption protesters from all sects. They've even attacked their own people in Nabatieh. This is typical Hizbullah spin. At least be honest with your biases. Hezbollah also has been receiving additional dollars from Iran as the country sinks into an economic crisis, supplementing only their own sect. This is by definition a proxy war and a rallying cry to organize the Shia'a against the popular movements.

If you wanna call the Shia crowds that were against cutting off their roads by people coming in from Tripoli and Ashrafieh Hezbollah, then the crowds in Jal el Dib were Lebanese Forces and Phalanges, and the guy who was shot dead in the head, was an active member of the PSP, and right now the ones protesting are the pro Harriri bunch because he wasn't nominated.

This is typical western misdirection, anyone against the movement we support has to be an Iranian backed militiaman.

Supplementing his own sect? When Jumblat shut down all the gas stations a few weeks ago, only Hezbollah opened their stations to all Lebanese not just Shia, the supermarkets in Dahiye with cheap products? Anyone can buy. If you're talking about salaries, well tough luck I mean if you want a better paying job go sign up with the Hezb, they don't owe anyone anything, the government's corruption is largely due to the inept economic policies of the American backed Harriri movement since 1991 and the policies of the head of the central bank, I don't see how the heck you're going to pin this on the Hezb.

The "popular movement" already failed, it specifically called the poorest Lebanese, the Shia from Khandak and other places, savages, uneducated, thugs, etc... It drove away the very people that set downtown on fire in the first two days, not the sushi eating protesters in Jal el Dib. A revolution without the poor is going to inevitably fail, it's now a revolution of the right wing Bourgeois against the elite for holding their money in the banks, (There are still some left wing elements protesting against the banks, but those are the only ones I respect).

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
Two Iraqis get in an argument about Iraq and a foreigner, perhaps even an American, bans one of them without fully understanding what they were talking about.

I know I know, forum rules have to be followed, but it's kinda ironic.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every country the US touches turns to shit.

It's almost like it's by design.

Calling yourself the World Police makes perfect sense when you look at the police in America. Killing non whites and stealing their shit is on brand.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Every country the US touches turns to shit.

It's almost like it's by design.

Calling yourself the World Police makes perfect sense when you look at the police in America. Killing non whites and stealing their shit is on brand.
And then you sell it to the American public as a defense against evil others who are out to get our freedom and they eat it up.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Two Iraqis get in an argument about Iraq and a foreigner, perhaps even an American, bans one of them without fully understanding what they were talking about.

I know I know, forum rules have to be followed, but it's kinda ironic.
While I don't necessarily agree with him it's a shame posts that offer a non american point of view are seen as inflammatory.

The guy was clearly against the occupation forces but who wouldn't be.