• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Just want to clarify these protesters aren't the same as the ones that have been going against the government for over 2 months now, they are a bunch of militia under the order of a bunch of criminals.

Really wish we would just stop bombing people but hey.
You realize the bombing was in response to the recent attack that killed 1 American and injured a few more in Iraq right?

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
Just want to clarify these protesters aren't the same as the ones that have been going against the government for over 2 months now, they are a bunch of militia under the order of a bunch of criminals.

You realize the bombing was in response to the recent attack that killed 1 American and injured a few more in Iraq right?
Get the fuck out and stop shifting the blame.

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yes, I'm just tired of all the slaughter in the Middle East in this War on Terror with no clear end-goal in sight or really any clear objectives other than drone strikes and occupying forces.

Jibreel

Oct 25, 2017
In protest against US missile strikes that killed 25 Iran backed fighters; sounds like it might get serious.

This part is getting played up significantly in the media but I think its worth noting that in 2016 Iraq passed a law in which it places these PMUs' under the Prime Ministers control and in 2018 officially made them part of Iraq's security apparatus. By bombing them the United States directly attacked the Iraqi state which is why this is causing a major outrage and forces even pro-Arab backed parties in the government (Sadr) to support these protests.

Last edited:

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
To add more to this, the protests that have been going on against the government since October couldn't and weren't allowed to get into the green zone which is where the American embassy is while these protesters did so in a few hours, they are literally lead by the same people that killed over 500 of the protesters against the government so far.

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To add more to this, the protests that have been going on against the government since October couldn't and weren't allowed to get into the green zone which is where the American embassy is while these protesters did so in a few hours, they are literally lead by the same people that killed over 500 of the protesters against the government so far.
Which is the "it might get serious" part.

We had to evacuate our personal.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, its a very obvious government sanctioned action.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Hezbollah in Lebanon have been melting down over this, while they stay silent when the Russians and Turks bomb the shit out of Syrian civilians. It's all double standards when it comes to Iran's concept of "foreign interference"

Jibreel

Oct 25, 2017
I also feel the "Iran backed forces" phrasing is largely a distinction without meaning in Iraq when vast swaths of the Iraqi state, whether politically or military, are indeed backed by Iran and have been since the fall of Saddam .

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Cv3q6GZ.jpg
ycgyzZP_d.jpg
hsOgyGA_d.jpg

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
Half Iraqi half Lebanese here, these "militias" are the same units that were formed by a Fatwa from Ayatollah Sistani to combat ISIS while they were rampaging through Iraq and the Iraqi army faltered. They sacrificed tens of thousands to liberate Iraq from ISIS while the so called progressives in Baghdad were too busy with their Arguileh.

The American forces are an occupation force, pure and simple, they're still here even after ten years have passed since it was agreed they would leave, an act of resistance against them is justified.

These "militias" are also legally part of the Iraqi army, the US has violated Iraqi sovereignty and attacked a branch of the iraqi army and they're calling for that same army to protect the embassy.

I find any Iraqi who justifies these American actions to be a traitor

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Half Iraqi half Lebanese here, these "militias" are the same units that were formed by a Fatwa from Ayatollah Sistani to combat ISIS while they were rampaging through Iraq and the Iraqi army faltered. They sacrificed tens of thousands to liberate Iraq from ISIS while the so called progressives in Baghdad were too busy with their Arguileh.

The American forces are an occupation force, pure and simple, they're still here even after ten years have passed since it was agreed they would leave, an act of resistance against them is justified.

These "militias" are also legally part of the Iraqi army, the US has violated Iraqi sovereignty and attacked a branch of the iraqi army and they're calling for that same army to protect the embassy.

Not that I disagree with you on the American presence, but who is Kateab Hizb funded by?

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

There is a difference between those that truly fought and sacrificed (you can see them with the people in their protests against the government) and those that follow their leaders which are hadi al amiri and qais al-khazali, both which played a part in killing Iraqis and trying to silence people, every day there are assassinations and kidnapping being done by them, I dare you to go to the civilian protests and tell them that you support or believe in those people, they literally chant against them.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
There is a difference between those that truly fought and sacrificed (you can see them with the people in their protests against the government) and those that follow their leaders which are hadi al amiri and qais al-khazali, both which played a part in killing Iraqis and trying to silence people, every day there are assassinations and kidnapping being done by them, I dare you to go to the civilian protests and tell them that you support or believe in those people, they literally chant against them.

are civilians being assassinated/kidnapped? I've only heard about protest deaths.

Biggavell

Banned
Dec 26, 2019

Because more bombing is certainly the proper response.

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would also like to point out, Donald Trump is having a Benghazi moment and I'm sure the GOP will investigate.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Woke up and saw "Death to America" was trending on twitter and 45 threatening retaliation.

Welp, I guess this year still has a few more curveballs left in it.

Jibreel

Oct 25, 2017
Iraq announces three day national mourning for the people the United States military killed.

Prime Minister of Iraq:

Starting today, Tuesday, on the lives of the martyrs of our armed forces, among the members of the 45th and 46th Brigades, and the employees of the army and police, following the unjust assault they were subjected to yesterday in the Al-Qaim region

Curious to see how US media portrays this since they are largely angling at the "Iran backed forces" narrative.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

Ah so that's worth 10 more years of ... Something...

Making arms dealers more money and doing nothing in the middle east?

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
This is why the US going to war with iran is never gonna happen.

Iran has enough influence to spread the fire from pakistan to israel.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
This is why the US going to war with iran is never gonna happen.

Iran has enough influence to spread the fire from pakistan to israel.

How do you / social circle view Russia compared to the USA? Honest curiosity.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
How do you / social circle view Russia compared to the USA? Honest curiosity.
What does russia have to do with this? They have little to no influence in iraq.

The US is a occupational force that invaded iraq with a illegal war. The iraqi goverment and it's militias have been surviving on iranian support since ISIS forced the iraqi army to run and this escalation is completely down to americans ripping up a deal that contained iran because they had another tantrum.

Jibreel

Oct 25, 2017
Seems pretty obvious what the iraqi goverment thinks of this.

Shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone whose been paying attention. If you search online you'll see videos of the PMU's flag raised in Iraq's Parliament today. Iraqis by in large are not happy with the USA's response.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Oh no the horror! In the words of Slick Rick "Gimme my oil and GTFO out my country".

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
The Iraqi government is effectively an Iranian proxy nowadays.

I expect US support for anti-government protesters (which are different from the ones who stormed the embassy) to increase. Absolute shitshow.

greepoman

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, I'm just tired of all the slaughter in the Middle East in this War on Terror with no clear end-goal in sight or really any clear objectives other than drone strikes and occupying forces.
No objectives is basically the whole point because it creates an endless funnel of money into the military complex without having a real war?

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
It's been 18 years, with no end in sight as the Iran Nuclear deal was ripped up by cheeto-face.

Trump doesn't give a single shit about any Iraqi, he just wants to stick it to Iran.

"omg but russia and syria" what about them? The US abandoned the Kurds to Erdogan, Syria saw an easy win to get some extra warfighters.

Russia is up in Crimea, waiting for people to just accept it as theirs, meanwhile Trump tries to blackmail dirt on his political riva by withholding aid to the Ukrainians.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston

Eye for an eye and the world goes blind.