• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
size/weight comes into play in terms of how much power a person can absorb from their opponent too. Amanda has power when she is punching other women of a similar size/weight, and with much smaller gloves.
Again, you think you Ninja scooter. Could take a hit from amanda nunes and laugh it off? Cyborg? Come on. We're talking about someone trained to push the button.

Everyone in MMA, men sparring partners included, say she hits like a man.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
size/weight comes into play in terms of how much power a person can absorb from their opponent too. Amanda has power when she is punching other women of a similar size/weight, and with much smaller gloves.
Again, you think you Ninja scooter. Could take a hit from amanda nunes and laugh it off? Cyborg? Come on. We're talking about someone trained to push the button.

She's a Trump bootlicker and a transphobic tho

and on that bombshell, this ends my Amanda Nunes for fight campaign. Jesus. Why does everyone have to be shit.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
She's 135 pounds? Yeah, this isn't a Joss Whedon show. It would be straight up unethical for him to agree to do this.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

who said anything about laughing anything off? Are we talking in the midst of a boxing match, or just letting someone haul off and punch you bare fisted clean in the jaw/temple? Fighters get hit all the time. But you are crazy if you don't think Amanda's power will be dulled tremendously going up against someone that much bigger than she is. Could she possibly beat him with technique? Maybe. Not sure how good of a pure boxer she is. But would she knock him out the way she routinely does to her mma opponents? Very, very doubtful. Again, weight classes are a thing for a very good reason.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nunes takes feet to the head. Which if we're doing like pressure per square inch... Its not exactly like shes a frail woman. I doubt any of us could take a 100% force punch from Amanda nunes to the chin.

She fights professionally. That has the advantage, i'd put money on nunes for this. As, all he has is weight(?) which some how comes into effect anywhere outside of leaning his weight on her. To where we'd all see he clearly isn't just going to walk to the ring, 1 punch a professional athlete, then go home.
Weight = more muscle = more punching power.

He also has a 7 inch reach advantage.

He also has testosterone, which whether you like it or not, is a factor. Nunes couldn't compete with the top 10 in the men's 135 division.

Also, MMA striking =/= Boxing. This is a huge factor. The stances, distance, technique are completely different. Even if a former boxer starts training MMA, they have to adapt their technique or they'll get murdered by kicks, takedowns, thai clinches, etc.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
who said anything about laughing anything off? Are we talking in the midst of a boxing match, or just letting someone haul off and punch you bare fisted clean in the jaw/temple? Fighters get hit all the time. But you are crazy if you don't think Amanda's power will be dulled tremendously going up against someone that much bigger than she is. Could she possibly beat him with technique? Maybe. Not sure how good of a pure boxer she is. But would she knock him out the way she routinely does to her mma opponents? Very, very doubtful. Again, weight classes are a thing for a very good reason.

As we saw in Mayweather/McGregor, there's also a big drop in power when you switch from MMA gloves to the bigger boxing gloves.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
As we saw in Mayweather/McGregor, there's also a big drop in power when you switch from MMA gloves to the bigger boxing gloves.
mcgreggor was fighting one of the best boxers of all time. Lets stay on target, we're talking about a guy who had 3x years of training who knocked out a man with no training.

Weight = more muscle = more punching power.

He also has a 7 inch reach advantage.

He also has testosterone, which whether you like it or not, is a factor. Nunes couldn't compete with the top 10 in the men's 135 division.

Also, MMA striking =/= Boxing. This is a huge factor. The stances, distance, technique are completely different. Even if a former boxer starts training MMA, they have to adapt their technique or they'll get murdered by kicks, takedowns, thai clinches, etc.

Do we have to go into germains fight with a man, where she starched the guy who had testosterone NinjaScooter ?

The factor is if your chin can take a hit from a professional fighter. Trained to hit your jaw, who has more experience than you do. That by all accounts, hits like a man. Nunes started in boxing at 16 years old, as per her wiki.

Im 100% Confident nunes(that hates transgender people apparently) can take a hit from a 6'2 Logan in a boxing ring. Nunes could also take on 135 mens division in MMA and be compeitive** How is this even a debate, as if all knockouts aren't just the galaxy aligning. Being submitted is being submitted, its not like a woman is going to cut off the air any different than a man would.

Could she be knocked out? SURE. Could she also knock someone out? You best believe yes. This is all said if there wont be training for opponents reach, or a strategy. Like Nunes is just going to stand there and go blow for blow with someone that has a reach advantage. Thats absurd. It's an obstacle, shes up for it. Im down to see it despite you curmudgeons, lol.

manhood has little to do with your brain rattling in your skull. You're both aware of this right? Or taking body shots, which I imagine would be the gameplan. All three of us debating this would likely be peeing blood from Nunes hitting us in the kidneys.

Whats his name, smaller and less weight would also starch Logan. GGG, (the matrix guy, cant remember his name), hell even maywhether if he was up for it. Id bet GGG/Canelo/Lomanchenko could knock out 6'1-6'2 men with weight and reach advantages that aren't professional boxers. 0% respect is being given here for that. Because, well hes bigger, and has 3 years in between being plastered drunk. Lets not even get into stamina. As if we live in a world where little guys don't knock out big guys.

Come on.

Last edited:

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
mcgreggor was fighting one of the best boxers of all time. Lets stay on target, we're talking about a guy who had 3x years of training who knocked out a man with no training.

Do we have to go into germains fight with a man, where she starched the guy who had testosterone NinjaScooter ?

The factor is if your chin can take a hit from a professional fighter. Trained to hit your jaw, who has more experience than you do. That by all accounts, hits like a man. Nunes started in boxing at 16 years old, as per her wiki.

Im 100% Confident nunes(that hates transgender people apparently) can take a hit from a 6'2 Logan in a boxing ring. Nunes could also take on 135 mens division in MMA. How is this even a debate, as if all knockouts aren't just the galaxy aligning. Being submitted is being submitted, its not like a woman is going to cut off the air any different than a man would.

Could she be knocked out? SURE. Could she also knock someone out? You best believe yes. This is all said if there wont be training for opponents reach, or a strategy. Like Nunes is just going to stand there and go blow for blow with someone that has a reach advantage. Thats absurd. It's an obstacle, shes up for it. Im down to see it despite you curmudgeons, lol.

manhood has little to do with your brain rattling in your skull. You're both aware of this right? Or taking body shots, which I imagine would be the gameplan.

Whats his name, smaller and less weight would also starch Logan. GGG, (the matrix guy, cant remember his name), hell even maywhether if he was up for it. Id bet GGG/Canelo/Lomanchenko could knock out 6'1-6'2 men with weight and reach advantages that aren't professional boxers. 0% respect is being given here for that. Because, well hes bigger, and has 3 years in between being plastered drunk. Lets not even get into stamina. As if we live in a world where little guys don't knock out big guys.

Come on.

you're comparing some of the greatest boxers of all time to Nunes, who doesn't even fight in the same sport.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
you're comparing some of the greatest boxers of all time to Nunes, who doesn't even fight in the same sport.

Incorrect. Mike tyson was trained to get on the inside of taller opponents. He was dwarfed by his opponents, so his training was to get inside. Reach isn't the end all with your professional training. There would be training involved in this bout, yes? Not just Get em ray!

Also lmao @ Amanda Nunes could take on the 135 lbs men's division. This shit is Rousey all over again.

I edited it to competitive. As I knew you'd latch onto that for an argument. I feel like none of you have wrestled women.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Incorrect. Mike tyson was trained to get on the inside of taller opponents. He was dwarfed by his opponents, so his training was to get inside. Reach isn't the end all with your professional training.

what does that have to do with the fact that Nunes is not a professional boxer and her boxing training is for MMA?

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Wrestled women who actually wrestle? Or wrestled a woman who kickboxes?

Why do I feel dirty now...

I hope the fight happens, but with her anti-lgbtq+ attitude, im not going to continue. Just know I think she would be a tough fight for Mr.Paul.

Tbh I dont know about her right leaning and transphobic comment before today. She is a TERF if its true because she is publically announced lesbian and on a break because her wive having a kid.

Yeah im going to look into it later, making dinner. I know whats his name is on the same wavelength, uhm... Masvidal. Going to look into it.

Last edited:

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Why do I feel dirty now...

I hope the fight happens, but with her anti-lgbtq+ attitude, im not going to continue. Just know I think she would be a tough fight for Mr.Paul.
Tbh I dont know about her right leaning and transphobic comment before today. She is a TERF if its true because she is publically announced lesbian and on a break because her wive having a kid.

Sheentak

Oct 25, 2017
Jake paul is 6ft 1 and is currently in insane shape, like i know his not a pro but don't discount the size difference and the fact this isn't MMA. Boxing has different rules.
His also getting the best boxing coaching money can buy.
This isn't your average dude in the street sure he isn't a pro fighter but his in amazing shape and has boxing fundamentals down.

MMA wise Amanda would win but in boxing something that is way different to MMA i think Jakes size but also 3 years of non stop training might come up on top.

Pyccko

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
wait
paSsnb2.png
Finale Fireworker this is legitimately the funniest thing I've ever seen on this website.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I didn't even know about that fight, but is this the one you're talking about?

Because looking up the guy she fought, Tom Waes, HE'S A FUCKING 52 YEAR OLD TELEVISION ACTOR WITH ALMOST NO BOXING TRAINING. Look at the shape of the dude's body. If he outweighs her, it sure as shit isn't in muscle mass.

Your "hits like a man" thing doesn't mean anything. Sparring partners hype each other up all the time. She does have excellent technique and power for her division, but weight classes matter.

Also, Conor McGregor started boxing when he was 12. Did you see him in the Mayweather fight? He looked like SHIT because he's NOT A BOXER. There are few fighters that can swap between combat sports so quickly and find success.

Im 100% Confident nunes(that hates transgender people apparently) can take a hit from a 6'2 Logan in a boxing ring. Nunes could also take on 135 mens division in MMA and be compeitive** How is this even a debate, as if all knockouts aren't just the galaxy aligning. Being submitted is being submitted, its not like a woman is going to cut off the air any different than a man would.

I am 100% confident that you don't watch MMA by that comment. Unless she fights Dominick Cruz and his body self-destructs in the cage, she ain't beating anyone in the Top 15 UFC Bantamweight division.

manhood has little to do with your brain rattling in your skull. You're both aware of this right? Or taking body shots, which I imagine would be the gameplan. All three of us debating this would likely be peeing blood from Nunes hitting us in the kidneys.

I'm not a fighter. I have no delusions that I could take on anyone in a fight, even with a weight advantage.

But it's biological science that men are generally going to be faster and stronger than women. That's just the way it is. It's why Serena Williams got smoked by a man who wasn't even ranked in the Top 200. It's why women have never cracked the 4 minute mark in the mile run.

Also, not all jaws are created equal. Again, if you watched MMA, you would know that. Some people are almost impossible to KO, others have glass jaws, others get KOed easier as time goes on. No idea if there's a different in jaw strength between men and women though, so I'm not making that claim.
So you're saying the greatest boxers alive could KO an amateur? Yeah, I'm pretty sure the greatest boxers alive could make up for a weight difference (to a certain extent) against an amateur in the same sport. BUT SHE'S NOT A BOXER.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills and I'm about to hear again how Rousey could beat Mayweather in a boxing match.

No, YOU come on.

37KpSIg.gif

Last edited:

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I didn't even know about that fight, but is this the one you're talking about?

Because looking up the guy she fought, Tom Waes, HE'S A FUCKING 52 YEAR OLD TELEVISION ACTOR WITH ALMOST NO BOXING TRAINING. Look at the shape of the dude's body. If he outweighs her, it sure as shit isn't in muscle mass.

Your "hits like a man" thing doesn't mean anything. Sparring partners hype each other up all the time. She does have excellent technique and power for her division, but weight classes matter.

Also, Conor McGregor started boxing when he was 12. Did you see him in the Mayweather fight? He looked like SHIT because he's NOT A BOXER. There are few fighters that can swap between combat sports so quickly and find success.

I am 100% confident that you don't watch MMA by that comment. Unless she fights Dominick Cruz and his body self-destructs in the cage, she ain't beating anyone in the Top 15 UFC Bantamweight division.

I'm not a fighter. I have no delusions that I could take on anyone in a fight, even with a weight advantage.

But it's biological science that men are generally going to be faster and stronger than women. That's just the way it is. It's why Serena Williams got smoked by a man who wasn't even ranked in the Top 200. It's why women have never cracked the 4 minute mark in the mile run.

Also, not all jaws are created equal. Again, if you watched MMA, you would know that. Some people are almost impossible to KO, others have glass jaws, others get KOed easier as time goes on. No idea if there's a different in jaw strength between men and women though, so I'm not making that claim.

So you're saying the greatest boxers alive could KO an amateur? Yeah, I'm pretty sure the greatest boxers alive could make up for a weight difference (to a certain extent) against an amateur in the same sport. BUT SHE'S NOT A BOXER.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills and I'm about to hear again how Rousey could beat Mayweather in a boxing match.

No, YOU come on.

37KpSIg.gif

[/QUOTE]
Rousey would have no chance against maywhether. Because she can't box at all. Which was shown against holmes. Iogan has no professional record against professional fighters. At all. So there is something to this spectacle of it happens.

I've said it a ton of times. But not one man here even with 3 years of boxing training under their belt is going to pretend they would not be phased by nunes hitting you. Because she'd knock you out. I'm man enough to admit that. My 6'1 reach and training would mean little to a professional. That's where Logan stands. He fought a ballplayer that didn't know how to box. I'd say the odds arent exactly worth maywhether connor comparisons.

Rousey is apples to oranges. Nunes can fight. Has stamina, as well as a chin. And professional experience that the youtube guy doesn't have. Like I said. Ggg canelo of any other sub weight would land him on his ass. Something else not responded to.

Connors fight was a joke. Let's not prop that up as some amazing boxing clinic. And LETS NOT PRETEND that Logan paul IS A BOXER.

The man germain fought should have had the testosterone edge that would have clearly leveled a woman as they are the weaker species right? as he's man and even at 52... Men still have (insert thing here) to where that overrides any woman's professional experience.

Would GGG get destroyed by Logan paul in a boxing match due to size and size alone. No. Nope. Never.

Would nunes, a professional fighter and someone who hass vastyly more professional experience than logan, Logan paul? Yes a thousand times yes.

Last edited:

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
not even jake himself believes he could beat conor
he's just trying to make money

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
Rousey would have no chance against maywhether. Because she can't box at all. Which was shown against holmes. Iogan has no professional record against professional fighters. At all. So there is something to this spectacle of it happens.

I've said it a ton of times. But not one man here even with 3 years of boxing training under their belt is going to pretend they would not be phased by nunes hitting you. Because she'd knock you out. I'm man enough to admit that. My 6'1 reach and training would mean little to a professional. That's where Logan stands. He fought a ballplayer that didn't know how to box. I'd say the odds arent exactly worth maywhether connor comparisons.

Rousey is apples to oranges. Nunes can fight. Has stamina, as well as a chin. And professional experience that the youtube guy doesn't have. Like I said. Ggg canelo of any other sub weight would land him on his ass. Something else not responded to.

Connors fight was a joke. Let's not prop that up as some amazing boxing clinic. And LETS NOT PRETEND that Logan paul IS A BOXER.

The man germain fought should have had the testosterone edge that would have clearly leveled a woman as they are the weaker species right? as he's man and even at 52... Men still have (insert thing here) to where that overrides any woman's professional experience.

Would GGG get destroyed by Logan paul in a boxing match due to size and size alone. No. Nope. Never.

Would nunes, a professional fighter and someone who hass vastyly more professional experience than logan, Logan paul? Yes a thousand times yes.
[/QUOTE]

lol

Singher

Apr 10, 2018

[/QUOTE]

Please listen to yourself, you're not even making sense anymore. I don't even know where to begin. I don't think you truly realize how impactful testosterone is in combat sports, it literally gives you the edge in every single metric. There is a reason why every male mma fighter tries to go on trt. You bringing up a 52 year old man and his "testosterone levels" shows you have very little understand how much testosterone declines after you hit 29 years old. A fight at the same weight category would never be competitive, Im sorry. Also you lack understanding how mma and boxing don't translate with each other at all. They are completely different styles of boxing. I literally trained in MMA for 10 years and know directly people that trained with female ufc fighters. Your points are exactly points people made of Rhonda

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018

and on that bombshell, this ends my Amanda Nunes for fight campaign. Jesus. Why does everyone have to be shit.
because cults are fun

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I literally not only responded to that point, I agreed with it.

You're not even arguing in good faith. Like did I say that testosterone is the end-all and be-all when it comes to winning a fight? Did I say I could beat anyone because I have testosterone running through my body? No. I listed it as one of the many, many factors as to why Jake Paul would have a massive advantage.

If you're just arguing for the sake of arguing, then I'm done. Your argument is silly. There's nothing wrong with actually taking in what people who know more about combat sports than you do (and my knowledge is amateur at best) are telling you, reanalyzing your thought process, and admitting that Nunes has a punchers chance at best (the same chance that people who actually know anything about boxing gave Conor).

Oh, one more thing.

And LETS NOT PRETEND that Logan paul IS A BOXER.

JAKE Paul, not Logan, and no, let's not pretend Jake Paul is a boxer. You know who we should pretend is a boxer? A 52 year old, out of shape actor with no boxing experience. Because if we pretend HE'S a boxer, then it makes your point seem correct, right? So yeah, let's go ahead and live in that imaginary world, because it feels oh so warm and fuzzy inside.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please listen to yourself, you're not even making sense anymore. I don't even know where to begin. I don't think you truly realize how impactful testosterone is in combat sports, it literally gives you the edge in every single metric. There is a reason why every male mma fighter tries to go on trt. You bringing up a 52 year old man and his "testosterone levels" shows you have very little understand how much testosterone declines after you hit 29 years old. A fight at the same weight category would never be competitive, Im sorry. Also you lack understanding how mma and boxing don't translate with each other at all. They are completely different styles of boxing. I literally trained in MMA for 10 years and know directly people that trained with female ufc fighters. Your points are exactly points people made of Rhonda
There's no chance dude even knows what TRT is.

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
I agree. Jake Paul should fight either nunes or McGregor... I'd love to see it... He get a absolute beating by either

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I literally not only responded to that point, I agreed with it.

You're not even arguing in good faith. Like did I say that testosterone is the end-all and be-all when it comes to winning a fight? Did I say I could beat anyone because I have testosterone running through my body? No. I listed it as one of the many, many factors as to why Jake Paul would have a massive advantage.

If you're just arguing for the sake of arguing, then I'm done. Your argument is silly. There's nothing wrong with actually taking in what people who know more about combat sports than you do (and my knowledge is amateur at best) are telling you, reanalyzing your thought process, and admitting that Nunes has a punchers chance at best (the same chance that people who actually know anything about boxing gave Conor).

Oh, one more thing.

JAKE Paul, not Logan, and no, let's not pretend Jake Paul is a boxer. You know who we should pretend is a boxer? A 52 year old, out of shape actor with no boxing experience. Because if we pretend HE'S a boxer, then it makes your point seem correct, right? So yeah, let's go ahead and live in that imaginary world, because it feels oh so warm and fuzzy inside.

If we were talking professional boxers, I would have nothing to say. A 6`2 professional ranked boxer would likely destroy Nunes. Its like the details of his lack of experience are being ignored to just assume that hes a proficient boxer at this point in his boxing hobby.

That 1 factor the testosterone is being harped on by many. When I listed many others that are here. Thats not being addressed. I specifically named lighter class boxers that would easily take on someone with height and weight due to a skillset. We are talking about someone with 3 years of training who isn't a competitive boxer vs a professional fighter. Would the man even rank in amateur fighting if he got into it seriously? Not sure why this is getting so insulting here, live in my imaginary world? FUZZ!! In a thread about an Imaginary fight? My bad I got them mixed up. I said competitive early on to Ninja, When talking about her fighting in the male class.

Testosterone is a factor + A skillset. That skillset is being ignored. So All that you have is testostrone + size is the victor.

I believe it would be a competitive fight exhibition. That isn't dead wrong, at all.

Conors fight was not boxing. I watched that, you watched that. Maywhether the best at his time in history --- at round 1 could have ko'd the man. That was a straight up cash grab/show. I do not think that is a viable comparison to nunes and Jake paul. Neither is Rhonda because, she could not box, and was beaten to death by nunes.

There's no chance dude even knows what TRT is.

I likely follow MMA from my couch as much as you do, come on. Having an edge with battling professionals at their peak is different than Nunes vs Logan. Im staying on context with what is on hand. Nunes vs Jake Paul.

Stuntman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I would pay for him fighting a murderous robot with huge swords as arms and a chainsaw as a head, throw in his brother too on a 2v1 against this killer robot.

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
Not going to lie, I'd love to see this fight. The internet drama / threads alone would be magical to read.