• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Jake Paul should think before he starts challenging UFC fighters to boxing matches. After his win over Nate Robinson, Paul has set his sights on former UFC champ Conor McGregor. Paul may not get that wish, but another UFC champ is willing to take McGregor's place.

That would be women's bantamweight and featherweight champion Amanda Nunes, who said she was willing to take on Paul in a boxing match.

That fight was suggested by UFC president Dana White, who said he was "thinking of letting Amanda Nunes knocks [Paul's] ass out."

White's comment didn't come unprovoked. Paul called out both McGregor and White after they didn't respond to Paul's fight offer. In a profane video, Paul said McGregor and White were scared, and urged both men to "sign the f---ing contract, you idiots."

When asked about that video, White — who probably wasn't being 100 percent serious — brought up Nunes.

Jake Paul wanted to fight McGregor lol. He's nuts. He's really getting high on his own supply after KO'ing Nate Robinson, a much smaller dude without any combat sport experience.

sports.yahoo.com

Amanda Nunes wants to fight Jake Paul in a boxing match

Will Jake Paul back down from Amanda Nunes' challenge?

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
Jake Paul getting bodied by a woman would probably end these stupid fights I'm tired of hearing about. So sure

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Nunes would give him the ass whipping he deserves. Already can't stand this clown. Reminds me of this...

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Well first, not a chance in hell Paul could take McGregor.

Mayweather v Rousey flashbacks intensify

Ehhh...sort of but not really. Mayweather is an actual professional, and one of the greatest of all time with a 50-0 record (27 of which were by KO).

Paul is not Mayweather, lol.

Edit: That said, looks like Paul outweighs her by around 50 lbs, which is a pretty big disparity.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm assuming everyone wants a piece of this dude because of the $$$

Steelrain

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, I vividly remember getting yelled at over at the old place for pointing out the (very obvious) flaws here. The worship was strong with this one.
Yeah that was a bizzare time. People with literally no knowledge of boxing were drinking her kool-aid hard as fuck and dismissing naysayers as misogynist.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Well since we probably won't ever get AJ vs Tyson Fury due to politics, i guess we got Jake Paul getting KO'd to look forward to.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
This shit is entirely beneath her (and I don't think she goes in there any knocks his head off like so many seem to assume anyway, it'd just be a sad ass shit show).

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
While the 50+ lb advantage is a big deal, Nunes likely trains with real fighters of that size. The whole thing is pretty beneath any legit fighter though tbh, and it wouldn't be worth the circus or notoriety that it would provide to him.

Too bad Kimbo isn't still around.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
I'd watch this, but it's not something that would get me to pay for tickets or PPV. I'd watch highlights.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Unfortunately I think she'd lose this. Size, strength difference is too much and he has somewhat capable boxing skills. I dont think she could hurt him at all and only takes one punch from him. Shes feather weight..80 pounds lighter, half a foot shorter at least. Jake has way more power and the reach difference is insane.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
sigh, why can't she just ignore him. I don't think the odds are in her favor to begin with - sure, she's much more skilled than he is, but the size difference is too big to overcome.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've seen plenty of Nunes' fights and I would absolutely pay to watch this dude get laid out.

Though, this is just Dana latching on to something MMA-related in an effort to get the UFC brand out there. It ain't happenin.