Korezo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got the monitor and set it up. It seems identical to my gx oled which i have set up right above the ultra wide as an extended monitor. Looks good but was expecting a big difference in terms of brightness, as of now they look the exact same.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
My July 20th production order shipped on Friday. Hopefully i get a model with the newer firmware, as that seems like a big red flag from dell that we can't flash it.

Bit nervous about the text, as I use my current ultrawide for work (older 60hz dell ips ultrawide). Hopefully the fringing isn't super noticeable.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
My July 20th production order shipped on Friday. Hopefully i get a model with the newer firmware, as that seems like a big red flag from dell that we can't flash it.

Bit nervous about the text, as I use my current ultrawide for work (older 60hz dell ips ultrawide). Hopefully the fringing isn't super noticeable.

In my 2 days days with it, its pretty jarring whenever I sit down and start using it but I guess my eyes adjust after a ilttle bit and its ok. Apparently, there is a tool called BetterClearType that is suppose to help a lot, I'll probably give it a try later. I wanted to have some time with it in its vanilla state before i use 3rd party tweaks.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
In my 2 days days with it, its pretty jarring whenever I sit down and start using it but I guess my eyes adjust after a ilttle bit and its ok. Apparently, there is a tool called BetterClearType that is suppose to help a lot, I'll probably give it a try later. I wanted to have some time with it in its vanilla state before i use 3rd party tweaks.

Thanks for the tip on the 3rd party tool.

Might have to switch from Linux to Windows 11 now...

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
My order finally shipped and I should get it by the end of the week, I'm pumped to finally have a nice display after using cheap ones my entire life.

Beanbeany

Apr 25, 2022
I want one but I decided to get a nice guitar instead.

Every time i see this thread bumped i check and it makes me second guess myself.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
So are any of you taking any special precautions for the OLED? Hiding taskbar, avoiding static wallpaper, reducing brightness in desktop, ect? I know Samsung claims QD-OLED is super resistant and Dell is backing it up with the warranty... but its still a thought that crosses my mind anytime I get up from the PC.

OP
OP
Vanta Aurelius
Oct 27, 2017
ATL
So are any of you taking any special precautions for the OLED? Hiding taskbar, avoiding static wallpaper, reducing brightness in desktop, ect? I know Samsung claims QD-OLED is super resistant and Dell is backing it up with the warranty... but its still a thought that crosses my mind anytime I get up from the PC.

If you want piece of mind, take all the precautions you need. I'm not really worrying about that due to all of the built in safety features. Also, this monitor has a good warranty.

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017

I usually have desktop icons hidden. I was doing hide task bar but at least in Windows 11 it's actually really finicky and will only pop up for half a second and then poof before i can click something…either that or it gets stuck visible anyways.

I have Wallpaper engine set up with a playlist of ~20 animated wallpapers it cycles through every 30 minutes.

ceej

Mar 9, 2021
Reno, Nv.
That was my estimated delivery date. Check the order status and once the 'cancel order' button is disabled you know your order is about to be shipped out. I noticed that this weekend and today got the shipping email.

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017
Bittersweet moment, gonna have to part ways with this beauty. Best monitor I've ever owned and love it to death but we're gonna be moving into a house next couple months and it needs a ton of work to get it ready. So I'm gonna be selling a lot of stuff to bolster the house funds.

I think selling this at cost (what I paid for MSRP + Tax) is fair considering how hard these things are to get currently and what they're going for on eBay right?

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Bittersweet moment, gonna have to part ways with this beauty. Best monitor I've ever owned and love it to death but we're gonna be moving into a house next couple months and it needs a ton of work to get it ready. So I'm gonna be selling a lot of stuff to bolster the house funds.

I think selling this at cost (what I paid for MSRP + Tax) is fair considering how hard these things are to get currently and what they're going for on eBay right?
Give it a shot in the BST thread and see what you get. :)

Oct 27, 2017
I don't ever even think about it other than when the pixel-shift thing pops up and I always just cancel that and let it do it's thing when I turn it off.

I'll say it again, The Division 2 on this display is the most impressive thing I've seen in a long time...the HDR, deep blacks, and particle effects just make it an unreal spectacle (especially at night in-game). Every game looks amazing though especially those that do HDR well or the ones that support auto-HDR through Windows.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
My order (paid early April) is now in production and supposed to be dispatched tomorrow which is one month earlier than expected.

Looks like production/stock is easing up a bit here in Germany. If you order now, it's no more October or November delivery but September.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
I don't ever even think about it other than when the pixel-shift thing pops up and I always just cancel that and let it do it's thing when I turn it off.

I'll say it again, The Division 2 on this display is the most impressive thing I've seen in a long time...the HDR, deep blacks, and particle effects just make it an unreal spectacle (especially at night in-game). Every game looks amazing though especially those that do HDR well or the ones that support auto-HDR through Windows.

Yeah, I've decided I'm just going to use it normally and let Dell deal with it if the claims don't hold up.

I haven't had the pixel refresh popping up randomly but I have had some issue waking the monitor reliably. My pixel refresh is suppose to run when the monitor sleeps and that seems to be causing issues where some times the monitor will wake for a split second, the monitor turns off and the power button pulses as if its just now doing the pixel refresh.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I ended up going with the LG C1 after all the annoyances of dealing with having my order cancelled way back, then relative long wait time in availability and the C1 being $799 with a 5 year warranty and $100 streaming credit at Costco. It's phenomenal. I usually use it in nvidia resize of 3840*1620 Ultrawide, but depending on game and just for more even wear I also use it on 4K or 2k etc.

It's awesome

IMG_2351.jpg

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got my replacement today, arrived with bubble marks on the screen but they were not permanent. A wet microfiber followed by a dry microfiber got them all off.
I also have the latest firmware, M0B102.
Hopefully this one is a keeper

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say, AutoHDR can be super impressive. I finally got back to Rogue Legacy last night and the autoHDR kicked in and the torch/flame effects looks so good.

Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017
I was about to mount this to a monitor arm, but I was reading that you need a vesa adapter. Did that come in the box? I don't remember seeing it.

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
My one complaint is that there is a semi-frequent...groaning? creaking? sound from the back of the monitor. Like it sounds as if someone stepped on a creaky floorboard above me.

OP
OP
Vanta Aurelius
Oct 27, 2017
ATL
My one complaint is that there is a semi-frequent...groaning? creaking? sound from the back of the monitor. Like it sounds as if someone stepped on a creaky floorboard above me.

Not sure if it's just my particular setup, but I haven't experienced annoying creaking noice, or abnoxious fan noise from my monitor. I did have a light vertical line of image retention that appeared. I had to do a Panel Refresh, but it was fine after that.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I still get that and I've had it a few months now. I had it with my previous monitor too for a good while so I am kind of used to it.

Not anything to worry about really since it's just the plastic expanding/contracting due to heat, but definitely obnoxious. I've been hoping it'll die down like my old monitor did eventually.

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
Been using this monitor since yesterday, loving it. Can't hear the fan at all and everything I throw at it looks great. Dunno how I feel about spending so much on a monitor but at least it's high quality haha.

ceej

Mar 9, 2021
Reno, Nv.
Mine arrived this morning!

Setup was relatively easy replacing my current ultrawide on the ergotron arm I have. Looking forward to testing it out tonight once I'm done with work. I was able to easily see the 144hz difference (removed my 144hz 2nd monitor last year and it's been painful)

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
Just got the notification that mine shipped and will be here tomorrow. Original shipping and arrival date was August 12th and 19th.

Edit: Came in today, on the 27th. It's pretty remarkable. Going to mess with it some more, but even looking at HDR reference footage on this thing is very impressive.

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
So, messing around with this a bit, two biggest first impressions:

1. Windows 11 Auto HDR does a pretty solid job all things considered. FFXIV looks really nice.

2. 120 Hz + OLED response makes this thing look buttery smooth - even beyond what you typically expect from high refresh rate and G-Sync.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'd be surprised if any of them ever supported ultrawide, but at least we'll get higher res now using a PS5 with this monitor which is good.