Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
did Disney ever release info on how Echo did for them?

over/under on this doing better/worse than Echo?

wonder why not a little closer to Halloween either. I don't think there is anything like Werewolf by Night this year.

It was the number 1 or 2 rated show for original programming.

X-Men 97 was number 3.

Edit: It was number 2.

View: https://twitter.com/XMenUpdate/status/1790084785748029835?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1790084785748029835%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

GoodGrief

Jan 24, 2024
did Disney ever release info on how Echo did for them?

over/under on this doing better/worse than Echo?

wonder why not a little closer to Halloween either. I don't think there is anything like Werewolf by Night this year.
I think it'll do better than Echo on account that people actually gave a fuck about Agatha at some point and it's also the debut of Wiccan. I wouldn't expect it to be a major success tho

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Trailer was very campy. I got a Hocus Pocus meets Scoobies vibe. Think it was a prequel to Wandavision, but it was mostly focused on some gags and introducing her coven than the core plot. Seemed silly and fun.

You're saying it seemed the entire show is a prequel? I thought it's supposed to follow up Wandavision

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt that. I'm sure we'll see a lot of her history but I'm pretty sure this is a sequel.

Honestly not sure. Like I said hard to glean much from the trailer regarding plot.

Somewhat old article, but yea, should be a sequel

deadline.com

Marvel’s ‘WandaVision’ Spinoff ‘Agatha: Darkhold Diaries’ Gets New Logo

Marvel Studios and Disney+ have unveiled the new logo for Agatha: Darkhold Diaries to reflect the new title of the WandaVision spinoff.

"In the first episode we see Agatha Harkness (Kathryn Hahn) finally break out of a spell she has been trapped in," reads the description. "She can't wait to go back to her old murderous ways only to find that she is powerless. The only way forward for her is to embark on a perilous quest to get her powers back with the help of an unlikely friend or two."

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021
Trailer Friday?

EDIT: Removing tweet. Doesn't appear to be an official account.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
If this is how they are marketing it, lean heavily into the campiness and do more songs.

Otherwise, what's the point?

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
Would have preferred just "Agatha."

Agatha All Along feels like a punchline to the joke, but doesn't make for a very good title.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Tbh I never got why that song/bit was such a big deal, though it was amusing enough in context I guess

Anyway looking forward to what they do here, wandavision may be my favorite post-Endgame MCU thing, even if the landing didn't quite stick

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
They greenlit this show because of the momentary popularity of a song... Best of luck I guess?

No, they greenlit the show because Wandavision was a huge success and they wanted to build off of it, but the two main characters weren't available in the story anymore. And Agatha makes the most sense to follow if they want to continue with the Americana Witch vibes.

I'm usually a fierce MCU critic, but some of y'all are just being purposefully obtuse about why this show exists.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Not sure I actually believe that title was planned all along but they probably thought of it after the first or second title change.

DevilPuncher

"This guy are sick" and Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope I enjoy the show as much as this title bit, because that's hilarious. Like, lmao, actually.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
I honestly couldn't believe how many of you guys fell for such an obvious dunking in the other thread over this title, good lord

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
If this is how they are marketing it, lean heavily into the campiness and do more songs.

Otherwise, what's the point?
If you want to believe Patti LuPone, it's a musical. I think this isn't the first time she has said something suggesting this.

View: https://x.com/DEADLINE/status/1790496059908604175

Holy shit. This thing gets more exciting the more I hear about it.

CAMP IT UP
Yes! The cast says to me this show has GREAT potential. I hope the end result realizes it all.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
I want this to be good and I want to be proven wrong but meh, expectations are gonna be low on this for me.
larry-david-confused.gif
At the very least, I wanna see how they handle Wiccan

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Did not think the title changes annoyed and bothered ppl so much lol. Were these titles officially announced or were they always "leaked" by ppl. Would any casual know about any of these previous titles?

Excited for the show, Agatha was a great character and this series is in its own lil corner.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Did not think the title changes annoyed and bothered ppl so much lol. Were these titles officially announced or were they always "leaked" by ppl. Would any casual know about any of these previous titles?

Excited for the show, Agatha was a great character and this series is in its own lil corner.

I never would have known about the alt titles if not for Era peeps makign a thread each time. OPs got worked into a shoot.

GoodGrief

Jan 24, 2024

They were officially announced, but I doubt any casual heard of these.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
i'll give it a try for Kathryn because she's fabulous but i expect this to be as bad as all the other marvel d+ tv shows.