KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
It's crazy how successful Castlevania has been as a Netflix series. I never would have thought to hear coworkers and especially my students talking about Castlevania with excitement in 2018.

Glad to see that success has led to other properties being greenlit.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
What's the next game series that fits in with Castlevania and Devil May Cry that can be added? Bayonetta?

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
i just hope the animation quality improves though. season 2 of castlevania was flames and had some great action in episode 7 but it still looked a bit cheap and choppy

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
>he acquired these (Devil May Cry) rights myself so the jabronis in Hollywood don't f*** this one up too

Sold
This guy is awesome

ggdeku

Oct 26, 2017
I just hope this looks better than Castlevania. That show had some really nice stills and backgrounds, but often times had that gross "american cartoon look" and even the best fight sequences were choppy as hell.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope this looks better than Castlevania. That show had some really nice stills and backgrounds, but often times had that gross "american cartoon look" and even the best fight sequences were choppy as hell.
I'm just glad a creator who is a gamer is making it.

Otherwise you get stuff like Pixels and Assasin's Creed

gfxtwin

Use of alt account
Oct 28, 2017
Devil May Cry was always the best 3D Castlevania game, so this extended universe idea sounds good to me.

Last edited:

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
It's going to be the latter. I really, really wouldn't expect any crossovers. (in fact, the thread title is still kind of inaccurate because he said "bootleg multiverse," not "Castlevania multiverse")

Yeah, I figured this was the case. Still, I'm glad Shankar is getting to work on projects he is passionate about because he definitely seems to care about them.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Is it going to be animated by the same studio that animated Castlevania though?
The last thing I want is some 3DCG bullshit...