Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
How is this going to work?

What does this mean in regards to Capcom and Konami?

This is weird. I guess I'm okay with it, but it's weird.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think I like the idea of them sharing a universe but a DMC series from the creator of the Castlevania series is an obvious fit.

edit: I could see this not being a literal shared universe but people are gonna be confused.

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's just calling it his multiverse, he does actually plan on putting them together, does he?

Also, wasn't he doing LOZ as well?

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
DsJ09-vWoAEXO-2.jpg

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Castlevania, now featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series.

It wouldn't be the first other dark demonic game series he's crashed.

That said, I'm guessing Dante won't show up in the Castlevania series(unless we get one with Soma Cruz maybe), but we'll likely get references.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
This fucking rules but is also probably the most unexpected Konami/Capcom team up. Maybe one day we'll get Resident Evil and Silent Hill in the same multiverse? Haha.

That is, if this is actually a crossover "Multiverse" and not just like Shankar's "Bootleg Universe" that isn't actually connected between films. (I.e. Punisher: Laundry Day and Power Rangers)

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Capcoms and Konamis living together, mass hysteria!

Count me in, sounds like a fun little multiverse. I wonder what's next?

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Wow.
I never thought of this, but after the Castlevania series, I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
This fucking rules but is also probably the most unexpected Konami/Capcom team up. Maybe one day we'll get Resident Evil and Silent Hill in the same multiverse? Haha.

That is, if this is actually a crossover "Multiverse" and not just like Shankar's "Bootleg Universe" that isn't actually connected between films. (I.e. Punisher: Laundry Day and Power Rangers)

It's going to be the latter. I really, really wouldn't expect any crossovers. (in fact, the thread title is still kind of inaccurate because he said "bootleg multiverse," not "Castlevania multiverse")

Fedeuy

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The bootleg multiverse is made from Castlevania, and all the short films Shankar did, Dante WONT be in Castlevania or viceversa.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Devil May Cry, the Resident Evil spinoff that immediately became its own thing...in the Castlevania universe?

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
Lol. I mean, with the incredible Madhouse animated series from years ago, why do we need this again? Granted, Castlevania was amazing but it didnt have any animated series to begin with.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Rather than calling this a multiverse that could be mistaken as a cross-over, what with confusing Konami and Capcom being a goof from decades ago, it sounds more like this guy is widening his repertoire of game adaptations.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
You know getting more laughs out of the disaster dmc2 is would be ok with me, they like to do stuff with the obscure shit, but first we need some brother on brother action from dmc3.

Geez... I dunno...
Just recently watched Castlevania and didn't really enjoy it. Mostly skipped through it... The animations were top notch when they fought, but pacing seemed weird and those dialogues tended to be horrible.
So I'm looking at the lame and storywise sometimes strange DMC anime, thinking it could be easily done better.
But suddenly I'm not so sure anymore...
That Twitter pic doesn't make it better.