• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget about G-Rank, new monsters take longer to release with every new one. It's so weird. We went from one monster x month to one every 3 months (and lord knows when the new one will be released).
What's really weird is that one of the unreleased monsters is a subspecies of an elder, so unless it's an entire overhaul, the lack of presence is utterly baffling.

That's good... right? Sounds good to me.

It was a fun game. One of the best combat systems I've ever experienced and some great music too.
If it's remotely accurate, I think this would put it as the most successful Japanese game on Steam by a considerable margin and it would likely mean that it's well on its way of becoming the best-selling version of the game. I always knew it'd be big on PC, but I don't I could have ever imagined this level of success.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I don't want to discount MHW's sales at all, but is SteamSpy's data even trustworthy anymore?

Capcom is franctly working on a Switch version as we speak.

The game barely runs playable on base PS4/XB1.

Can't imagine the sacrifices Capcom would have to make to get it running on Switch.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Forget about G-Rank, new monsters take longer to release with every new one. It's so weird. We went from one monster x month to one every 3 months (and lord knows when the new one will be released).
Here's a thought, the only monster that was really made after release might be Behemoth, Luna, Kulve, Jho not Kirin and Alatreon got leaked months before release, so work on all of them started already before release. They're just being spaced to fill a whole year of post release support, MH team pretty much said so themselves.

Monsters do take a longer time to make now obviously, but not a whole year for three monsters and two clones.

Last edited:

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
Where dem legz are tho.
latest

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it had like the 6th or 7th highest concurrent peak ever in the history of Steam. Basically only Valve games, PUBG, GTAV and Fallout 4 had more successful launches.

So I don't get why people have a hard time believing 5 million. It will probably reach 10 million lifetime once it gets cheaper in the coming years.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
Far as I know its never been on sale either, so (at least going by UK pricing) that's ÂŁ250 million in revenue.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, hopefully that means the next Monster Hunter is on PC as well. I'll be all over that. I'm certainly not he most dedicated MH player (I stopped playing after killing Xeno'Jiiva), but I am hooked.

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales
Well, hopefully that means the next Monster Hunter is on PC as well. I'll be all over that. I'm certainly not he most dedicated MH player (I stopped playing after killing Xeno'Jiiva), but I am hooked.
If these figures are accurate, they'd be really stupid not to release future MH titles on PC. There hasn't even been a big sale on MHW since it's been on Steam which usually results in another influx of sales so this number will continue to increase.

Hopefully the next update will fix the texture issue and that's almost every main issue with the game fixed too which will help with Steam reviews.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
It would be nice if they would actually speed up the content releases like they said they would. I love the game but Capcom's handling of this version has been pretty bad. Especially for a game that sold so many copies so fast.

Anas

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
13 million overall sales ?
That's very high

The game might sell 18-20 million copies by the end of 2020

And Capcom would be crazy if they didn't remaster/rerelease an enhanced version for next gen

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales
Well since you asked, here you go: https://steamcommunity.com/games/582010/announcements/detail/1689306165586025889

- Fixed an issue where certain textures in cutscenes or character creation were not optimized.
Well yeah that's what I was relating to but the notes say "cutscenes or character creation" so it's not saying in-game textures will be fixed which is the bigger issue. Hopefully the fix for one will fix them all but it's strange for them to say these cases and not the important one which is in-game.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I mean that's not even worth an apparantly as far as extrapolation is concerned. You'd need a lot more at several different sales ranges to even get that far.

"Apparently" within this context merely means "as far as one can tell" and carries an implication that the reality may be different. I agree with your underlying point that SteamSpy more or less keeping pace with SCUM isn't a lot to go on, which is why I said "apparently", but that it's doing so is evidence the algorithm can, to at least some extent, handle titles that sell a high volume of units in a relatively short amount of time.

Last edited:
It would be nice if they would actually speed up the content releases like they said they would. I love the game but Capcom's handling of this version has been pretty bad. Especially for a game that sold so many copies so fast.
At the rate it's been going, Behemoth won't be hitting the PC version until next year. Lunastra is questionable, too, though I wouldn't be shocked if they tied her to the rollout of the winter festival. And that's ignoring the likelihood of the console versions getting one more monster in 2018. Their best foot hasn't been put forth, to put it mildly.

OP
OP
Ryuichi Naruhodo
Oct 25, 2017
For people wondering about the geographical split , Steamspy Premium stopped splitting geographically by sales , but it is however splitting them by Active users over time

MONSTER_HUNTER__WORLD_2.jpg

China is the Top blue line , now at 46.49%
Other countries not shown in graph is purple
USA is Yellow
Germany is green
Followed by ( Without order ) Korea , Canada , France , Japan , Brazil , Australia

For people wondering about the geographical split , Steamspy Premium stopped splitting geographically by sales , but it is however splitting them by Active users over time

MONSTER_HUNTER__WORLD_2.jpg

China is the Top blue line , now at 46.49%
Other countries not shown in graph is purple
USA is Yellow
Germany is green
Followed by ( Without order ) Korea , Canada , France , Japan , Brazil , Australia
Valve has to be happy about the WeGame debacle.

Future Gazer

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
5 million is ridiculous. I'd guess the real figure is probably half of that at most, which would still make it a huge success.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I am still playing. Sucks that the online is region locked but there are no shortage of players and the region settings seems to cover a large area. I understand why they did it, no one wants to fight stop motion paper monsters but sill I wish we were given the choice.

Valve has to be happy about the WeGame debacle.
So am I XD. At this rate I can wait for World 2 and never run out of players to match with.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
So if the game is has already sold over 5 million copies on Steam without any major discounts (it already got a 20% off discount on Steam but other places already had that before the game even released, like GMG and Voidu) so does that mean that there is a possibility that the PC version of MHW may acgactua end up out selling the PS4 version and thus become the best selling version of MHW?

I myself have had the game since launch but stoppes playing about 3 weeks in, I think I will try to get back into the game though.

I think back when the game had sold over 3 million units that Capcom themselves were supprised with how well the game has sold (this was around the time Capcom Vancouver shut down).

I think that for the last 3 months MHW has never dropped below the top 25 best selling games globally on Steam, which to be is very very impressive and on top of that there were a lot of times when it was always in the top ten as well

So if the game is has already sold over 5 million copies on Steam without any major discounts (it already got a 20% off discount on Steam but other places already had that before the game even released, like GMG and Voidu) so does that mean that there is a possibility that the PC version of MHW may acgactua end up out selling the PS4 version and thus become the best selling version of MHW?

I myself have had the game since launch but stoppes playing about 3 weeks in, I think I will try to get back into the game though.

I think back when the game had sold over 3 million units that Capcom themselves were supprised with how well the game has sold (this was around the time Capcom Vancouver shut down).

I think that for the last 3 months MHW has never dropped below the top 25 best selling games globally on Steam, which to be is very very impressive and on top of that there were a lot of times when it was always in the top ten as well
It may very well be the case by the end of the year. I don't think anyone saw that coming, but the thirst for the series to be on PC has been real for years.

huH1678

Oct 30, 2017
Just goes to show Monster Hunter doesn't need Nintendo to be successful like some people think. I await the confirmation from Capcom, if these numbers are right PS4/PC is basically where the vast majority of sales are split.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Monster Hunter World 2 on next gen is going to be a beast, or maybe they'll try and go cross-gen for it.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The new way Steamspy works tend to underestimate, but I'm sure people who say "Steamspy is not accurate" already know that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.