• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
This is all according to Steam Spy Estimiations , now according to it , the game is now over 5M and now in the range between 5M and 10M

unknown.png

Visitors of Steamspy can only see the range while people who paid to the site through Pateron will see the actual estimated number according to Steam spy , Even though Steam Spy specific numbers aren't usually 100% pinpoint accurate , but it is a representation to the status of the game

Pretty Insane number in that short of time

Link to the Game's page on Steamspy

https://steamspy.com/app/582010

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Steamspy isnt accurate enough anymore (at the moment) to really be sure that the game passed that landmark.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
5 Million in two months?
As cool as it were if that were true, i doubt it.
That'd make it probably one of the fastest selling games on steam ever.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
I think it's close to 3 million, 5 million in 2 months is a LOT.

OP
OP
Ryuichi Naruhodo
Oct 25, 2017
IF the number is true , I can personally see it due to the following

1-) The game started to get mild discounts in some stores ( 20%-25% , the usual discounts in the short windows after launch )
2-) Whoever still moves from WeGame
3-) AFAIK the game had several patches and that reflected on its Review score on steam ( 54% now instead of 40% )

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
SteamSpy is not as accurate as before, yes, but at least we get the idea. The game has sold more or less 5 million units on Steam. There's margin of error but it's not that much.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
This makes all the fanboys in the past yelling " b but MH fan base is on handheld!" look silly. I'm so glad this game moved on from handheld and became the best selling Capcom game ever. Fully deserved.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
All these sales and still no G-Rank expansions. Sheesh. You would think that Capcom would get the hint how hungry people are for MHW.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know. I really don't trust nuSteamSpy numbers. All I gather from that is that the game is doing incredibly well - which is great -, but I really don't trust the specific numbers

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Let's wait for official Capcom numbers before making any specific assumptions but it cannot be denied that the move to PS4/XONE/PC has paid out in heaps for World.

Deleted member 2840

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Steamspy is so weird.
Sometimes they're absurdly accurate(see SCUM's sales milestones and how Steamspy got within 5% of the announced numbers), sometimes they have those weird-ass numbers. Hell, I feel that it was more accurate at the time of MHW's release than it is now.

Still, I can see the PC version selling at least 3 million, which is goddamn incredible.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I wish Capcom would give us an update for the numbers, we got nothing in their last report.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Stinks what happened with steamspy. We cannot rely on these numbers. I'd bet they're not this high. Capcom will hopefully give an update during the next quarterly call

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
This makes all the fanboys in the past yelling " b but MH fan base is on handheld!" look silly. I'm so glad this game moved on from handheld and became the best selling Capcom game ever. Fully deserved.
It's not the first time it went home system, it was given birth on one of the most popular home systems ever, and even when it went on handheld it went on systems that were popular in the West as well, to say the current situation with World is what it could have always been had Capcom done it, when they did, is ignorant at best.

This is like, if Nintendo makes a GameCube2 style system with the expected powerful hardware on par or better than the competitors, and it actually does well, people will flock and talk about how they always said that's what they should have been doing 30 years now, lol at foolish people saying they needed gimmicks and blue oceans! As if a GameCube2 doing well in 2031 somehow would nullify the success of Wii, DS, 3DS and Switch in their own eras and why they were made instead of a GameCube2. So, your post doesn't nullify the importance and success of Monster Hunter for Capcom before World on systems like the PSP and 3DS or the market conditions that led to it.

Last edited:
Is that content at least being released faster than it originally was? Or they're going the same speed, so PC will always be behind?
Deviljho came out a month quicker on PC than he did on console, but Kulve is about two weeks quicker in comparison.

The problem with Kulve's rollout on PC is since Jho came out sooner, there has been a longer gap between them as a result.

Last edited:

ArnoldJRimmer

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
The way steamspy used to work it certainly gave us a clearer, more reliable numbers, but the way it works now, while not giving us an accurate number anymore, and having a much larger margin of error, STILL gives us the absolute lower bound.

In otherwords if steam spy says minimum of 5 million, thats going to be a really accurate minimum. In fact its almost certainly higher than the minimum since its based on achivements. Theres going to be a lot of of users who own the game and havent played it yet or havent earned an achievement yet.

So we can't say how many units its sold exactly to any degree of co confidence, but it almost certainly sold at least 5 million, and almost certainly more than that. How much more? Probably not 5 million more, but more.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't steamspy on point with predicting the 2 million sale mark on PC? I remember Capcom making a blog post roughly at the same time.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
All these sales and still no G-Rank expansions. Sheesh. You would think that Capcom would get the hint how hungry people are for MHW.

Forget about G-Rank, new monsters take longer to release with every new one. It's so weird. We went from one monster x month to one every 3 months (and lord knows when the new one will be released).

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's good... right? Sounds good to me.

It was a fun game. One of the best combat systems I've ever experienced and some great music too.

Status
Not open for further replies.