• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 31, 2017
I'm glad I skipped this game lol. Fuck Ubisoft and their trash ass games. 😂 How the hell do you patch a game to run worse?

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
I played it for a few hours on PS5 today, and it didn't seem any worse to me. Definitely no drops into the 40s, maybe it's just certain areas?

Hexnest

Sep 18, 2020
Wonderful. I had zero qualms with the performance of the game on the PS5 pre-patch, and my game updated automatically before I saw this thread.

Is there any way back?

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
While I 100% hope it gets fixed, cause this sucks for people that bought the game, after the trash fire the DF thread about ACV was, I find this absolutely hilarious.

Mayyyyyybe we shouldn't read too much into how these games are running on their respective systems?
Just maybe, it seems! Yeah, the last week or so of threads on minuscule differences was all so over the top.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
Hahaha... You all need to learn to talk with your wallets. that's the only voice these companies will listen to.

I am proud to say, I have not bought a Ubisoft or EA game since 2012. I really can't believe how after all the stupid dumb shit some of these companies do people still go out and buy their games.

Like seriously, who makes a patch that ends up making a game run worse than it was before the patch? Ubisoft... and don't get me started on EA, those fuckers would make the options menu be part of a loot box if given the chance.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Both console versions should run similarly well"
latest

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
Kinda weird seeing people not playing the game or jumping back and forth. It ain't that bad, play the game on whatever platform. Wait 6 months and you're going to have a ton of other games to play.

GraGor

Nov 17, 2017
I just finished a 4 hour session on PS5 and never noticed any drops. Still has screen tearing in cut scenes but none in gameplay that I noticed. So, pretty much the same as it was pre-patch for me 🤷

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
The responses in this thread are pretty damn callous, Assassin's Creed has been 30fps on consoles since the first game and now you're all too good to play the 30 fps mode for a bit if the performance mode isn't to your liking while the developers crunch to continue bug fixing this game during the holiday season with a pandemic going on. wtf is wrong with some of you.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't even notice it was "worse" on PS5 now lol. Played ska few hours after the patch and didn't have any major issues

Clutchman

Nov 12, 2017
Played a bunch on Series X today and screen tearing is still present just not as much. Game runs fine though other then that and HDR looks damn good to me in certain spots.

Geinrendour

Jun 3, 2018
Right when I was considering the game for the PS5 but not anymore.
This is bs. Doesn't make any sense despite any devs' situation.

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
I'm playing it on my Series S. Amazing! There's some screen tearing and some animations run at 30fps for some reason, but it looks fine, fine indeed! Smooth as walking in a floor full of butter!

People are probably overreacting about the PS5 situation. I'm sure it's fine most of the time. Remember: the game released on 9+ platforms!

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I'm here playing on my PS4 Pro with no tearing and great graphics baffled at how my next gen brethren is in constant anxiety by the state of this (awesome) game.

Zeusy

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
WA
Haven't played with the new patch, but I did have occasional screen tear with the ps5 hoping that got fixed

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Some of y'all are so damn embarrassing, "omfg they made the game worse on my platform I'm definitely not buying now " lmfao get over yourselves.

They're working through a pandemic with hundreds and hundreds of devs to manage one of the biggest games of the year both in terms of brand and gameplay across 9 platforms at multiple performance targets and boo fuckin hoo they accidentally made a mistake on one platform and introduced a performance bug.

Y'all act like it's making consoles explode, it's not the last patch you're going to see anyway and besides its just a few dips to frame rate.

You probably weren't going to buy this game anyway but tbh it doesn't freaking matter either way because you're a single nobody in a sea of millions of sales. Get over yourselves.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Their shareholders did. This stuff is complex and costs money and they have to ship at some point to pay people, secure bonuses, etc.

While that's a reason for why they did so, it doesn't change the fact that a. none of us care about the shareholders of Ubisoft unless we own their stock and b. more importantly it's resulted in a mediocre technical experience. We shouldn't defend decisions just because they're a public company.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
I am noticing the visual upgrade is pretty substantial for me on quality mode. Getting used to the 30fps already. Seems stable as fuck at 30. I havent seen a single dip.

ken_matthews

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just updated on PC and played for about 30 min and had three crashes. I was at about 35 hours in before the update and only had two or three crashes. Seems like the update isn't playing well with my system. On the plus side, thd cloak is now useful.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can someone thread mark how it runs worse on PS5, and is this based on actual proper testing or just anecdotal? I swapped my Series X copy for the PS5, so if the PS5 version now runs worse I'm honestly just going to return the game and get a refund, because I'm done with dealing with this Ubi nonsense.

Rurunaki

Oct 27, 2017
You try optimising and testing 8 versions of the same game during a pandemic whilst the whole team is working remotely from home.

Man some of the posts in this topic are completely embarrassing.
Why release the patch when it wasn't ready? Stop defending corporations as if you owe them to br playing games you bought.

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
that quality mode on series x is just not possible, terrible. no chance of me sticking to that after playing 30+ hours on 60 fps

MadScientist

Oct 27, 2017
This patch definitely made it run worse on PS5. Noticed immediately once I loaded it up. It was running great before...so frustrating.

ryzz

Oct 23, 2018
Microsoft was annoyed the PS5 version ran better so they paid Ubisoft to bring the PS5 version in-line with the Series X in the recent patch...

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017
Drops to 40fps on PS5 now and drops to 30fps on Series X? What the flip. If I just don't update the version of the game that came on the PS5 disk, can I avoid this new performance impacting patch?

I don't think it drops to 30 fps on Series X, I think he means that if you don't want screen tearing you have to run quality mode which is 30 fps.

Microsoft was annoyed the PS5 version ran better so they paid Ubisoft to bring the PS5 version in-line with the Series X in the recent patch...

Are you for real? Lol

Oct 27, 2017
Drops to 40fps on PS5 now and drops to 30fps on Series X? What the flip. If I just don't update the version of the game that came on the PS5 disk, can I avoid this new performance impacting patch?
That's not what he said.
He said going to the quality mode completely eliminates screen tearing. As it is, it is reduced significantly but still there.

AC Valhalla Patch Notes:

Buff:
-XSS

Nerf:
-PS5
-XSX

The Series X version is in a better place. I would say PS5 has the biggest nerf. It's pretty inexplicable.

Last edited:

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You try optimising and testing 8 versions of the same game during a pandemic whilst the whole team is working remotely from home.

Man some of the posts in this topic are completely embarrassing.

Ok, but at the minimum you QA test your new patch and simply don't release it for the PS5 if it makes it run worse. It's not difficult. Any site can run a frame rate analysis in a matter of minutes, so why can't Ubisoft?

Honestly this excuse doesn't cut it, because Ubisoft don't have to release a patch for every system, especially when one version was already running fine.