• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I can't even get the PS5 version downloaded as my PS5 refuses to acknowledge that it should be allowed/or Ubisoft forgot to add something to UK Discs that the PS5 needs to see or I don't fucking know. No Man's Sky - hey rad you have the PS4 version here is the PS5 one :D, Dirt 5 - hey rad again :D, Ubisoft - you can buy the Season Pass if you like or fuck off and play the PS4 version and ignore the box art that says you can get the PS5 Digital Version you cunt. Sorry for the potty mouth :D I'd love to try the PS5 version with this new patch!

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While I 100% hope it gets fixed, cause this sucks for people that bought the game, after the trash fire the DF thread about ACV was, I find this absolutely hilarious.

Mayyyyyybe we shouldn't read too much into how these games are running on their respective systems?
This should've been the default stance for any sensible person, not to draw conclusions from launch games. Yet, we got Dirt 5 thread hitting 20+ pages, AC:V DF thread with unusually high page count tok, mostly with people making conclusive statements about capability. Toxic bunch tbh.

Whales

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
lol I started the game yesterday on ps5 and found it to be super smooth, I was actually impressed.\

and now yall telling me it runs worse today. aww man...

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck did they make the PS5 version run worse? I was looking forward to getting back to the game but at this point I'm about to just trade this shit in. What a half baked patch.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Patches introducing more bugs, excellent. Do they test this stuff?
This is simply embarassing. They had all the time in the world to release a patch and they have been able to push it out before it was ready. People payed full price for the game and now they are forced to go back to version 1.0 because the last update fucked up the game.

AndyMc1888

Jul 16, 2019
Anyone else have the can't fast travel can't save bug? I'm scared to play it since losing a few hours progress today

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
The only real issue from this patch I'm getting is that the game freezes for a few seconds here and there. It's been pretty great other than that.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
This is the first patch out correct? I assumed there as one before public release for reviewers so I wonder if we can really just try not to download the latest patch if we got the game recently and haven't put it into our consoles yet.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Pictured: the patch developer
8-C15-E502-AC99-490-B-88-AE-EBF2-B4-B3309-C.jpg

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
The tearing is definitely not gone from SX but it's for sure a bit rarer.

I really wish switching modes didn't require a restart. Makes comparing useless. I hope someone makes an analysis soon because I want to see what these max settings are

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Played a few hours pre-patch then switched to Ghosts of Tsushima, glad I can focus of GoT until next patch!

Mister_X

Aug 22, 2020
Sorry but this is all way too funny to me. This is a perfect example of not judging these two week old consoles based on these cross gen games.

Get it together Ubisoft.....

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Ubisoft: "We finally fixed the game"

*Phil Spencer disguised as an intern*: "Yes, fixed indeed"

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
But seriously at this point I don't even know what's happening, any chance Ubi addresses this quickly? If I recall correctly they constantly update their games

Lucian

Dec 9, 2017
Yeah, mostly. There's still the occasional tearing but the real problem areas aren't really a problem anymore. You're not constantly get tearing in towns for example now.

It's tons better.
Agree, XSX is much better. I played about 2 hours and can't say I noticed any tearing. Also tried out quality mode and it hurt my eyes. I totally thought I'd be fine with 30 fps lol

whassupbun

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else have the can't fast travel can't save bug? I'm scared to play it since losing a few hours progress today
Yes, my save was in Asgard before the patch. Could still fast travel and manual save within Asgard after the patch. But then I returned to Raventhorpe and was no longer allowed to fast travel or manual save. There's no nearby enemy preventing me from fast travelling or saving, so it must be a bug.

Mar 8, 2018
For what it's worth, screen tearing was awful on my XSX version. Seems basically cleared up now, but with so many inconsistent reports, I don't know what to believe

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
Oddly enough, I hardly noticed screen tearing before on XSX, but I swear now I have fairly consistent stuttering/screen tearing.