Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
How I hate this online system. You can't move or do anything while waiting people for come or leave. Nintendo really dropped the ball here.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Got a 95% chance of a big spike tomorrow afternoon. Exciting times. Last time I got just over 300 which was great. Hopefully this time will be over 500.

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
Just looking at all this, I think the bigger solution is smaller queues, My girlfriend managed very easily with a two person queue, trips were quick and less interrupted than I've seen on other towns. The main issue with this is if someone doesn't dequeue from turnip market, you have to kick them yourself, so it does require active participation to mitigate that, but that happens with larger queues as well.
However in general, I think two person queues make things smoother than 4 person. Maybe 3. that means two can be selling and one can be leaving or joining, and it would keep it on a decent rotation. But definitely 2 or 3.

waffleboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it keeps saying theres interference when i try to join an island, is that normal? do i have to just keep trying?
EDIT: nevermind it finally worked

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo has a nasty tendency to drop the ball when it comes to online, sadly. ACNH's online is not really... smooth. I genuinely hope that the next big instalment will avoid repeating that mistake (and will add more things to do as a group of people). I understand they want to avoid cheating, but that can't be their excuse for everything.

I could also complain about digital purchases locked on the console and not the account (something which has convinced me to never buy anything digitally from Nintendo until they decide to set a genuine account system for that), but that's neither the time nor the place for this.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo has a nasty tendency to drop the ball when it comes to online, sadly. ACNH's online is not really... smooth. I genuinely hope that the next big instalment will avoid repeating that mistake (and will add more things to do as a group of people). I understand they want to avoid cheating, but that can't be their excuse for everything.

I could also complain about digital purchases locked on the console and not the account (something which has convinced me to never buy anything digitally from Nintendo until they decide to set a genuine account system for that), but that's neither the time nor place for this.

Sometimes it amazes me Nintendo got it right with Mario Kart. Like that game is flawless online

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
470 turnips.

Tips, especially cool furniture, clothes or diy, appreciated but definitely not required. If you don't have spare don't worry about it. If you want to take multiple trips please re-queue. Thanks, love y'all

[Hidden content]

My apologies, got a communication error and had to get a new dodo code.

Akai_XIII

Oct 26, 2017
Because house always wins

House always wins
hqdefault.jpg

Syranth

Oct 28, 2017
Wow I just found this thread. Good news for me since the FOUR switches we have in our house none of us are on a large spike this week. Sucks I bought 2.5m worth of turnips.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Didnt buy turnips this week and now I have mad FOMO. I dont even need the bells I just miss the hunt :(

diegdm

Feb 6, 2019
I won't mention it again. But as others have stated, if it's taking you 40 minutes, maybe it's time to move on and not be so selfish.
The first 20 minutes there were connection errors, the dodo code chenged and so on. Finally I managed to connect and sell my turnips but I was kicked off of the island right away by another connection error and then I forgot to leave the queue.
I understand that you probably never make mistakes, but on the contrary, I'm not perfect.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
My first experience of waiting in queues has me wondering if I'll do it again. :/
Turnip proceeds are the only way Daisy Mae can pay for her poor granny's medication.

Just you go and try telling her no as she traipses about in the pouring rain on a Sunday morning, carrying the weight of the world on her shoulders, sneezing away as she tries to keep her Grandma Joan alive.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm only looking for around 320 sale price to hit my 10m profit for the nook miles achievement. Your money does drop like a stone though once you start collecting 5 colour ways of kitchen islands at 170k each, or 1m bells for A set of kimono stands

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I'm doing a turnip.exchange for the first time today and had a question: is it customary to leave a tip if you're already paying a chunk of NMTs to get in?

Also, I take it scams are pretty common on turnip.exchange?

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I keep seeing a lot of new faces, queue seems to be moving at a good pace, no?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Got a 95% chance of a big spike tomorrow afternoon. Exciting times. Last time I got just over 300 which was great. Hopefully this time will be over 500.

'I've had a 300 and a 500. 300 gets passing interest from people in here, it's quite ok as a host as people bounce from 500 to 500 posts, and you get the stragglers or the more relaxed Seller. 500 was a hectic 5 hours of hosting but made 5-6m bells in tips and gained a facial twitch because of nitnendo's online

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
470 turnips.

Tips, especially cool furniture, clothes or diy, appreciated but definitely not required. If you don't have spare don't worry about it. If you want to take multiple trips please re-queue. Thanks, love y'all

[Hidden content]

Any particular type of furniture you're looking for? Otherwise I might just drop off bells, but thanks for hosting either way!

Turnbuckle

Oct 27, 2017
Kalamazoo, Michigan
this is my first time doing this....
you seriously get stopped for every person coming and going to the island?
I've technically been on the island now for about 5 minutes, and almost the entire time I've been stuck on Flight information screens and scenes of people coming and going.

I had no idea what to expect...just...it wasn't this lol

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA

I could also complain about digital purchases locked on the console and not the account (something which has convinced me to never buy anything digitally from Nintendo until they decide to set a genuine account system for that), but that's neither the time nor the place for this.

But digital purchases are tied to the account, otherwise I wouldn't be able to redownload my software to my second Switch by logging in with said account the software is tied to in the first place.

Pingween

Oct 30, 2017
I've technically been on the island now for about 5 minutes, and almost the entire time I've been stuck on Flight information screens and scenes of people coming and going.

That explains a lot. Well, thanks for the heads up, I now know what to expect.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017

That's why you gotta choose an island that lets only 2 people in at a time. The loading screens are terrible

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
'I've had a 300 and a 500. 300 gets passing interest from people in here, it's quite ok as a host as people bounce from 500 to 500 posts, and you get the stragglers or the more relaxed Seller. 500 was a hectic 5 hours of hosting but made 5-6m bells in tips and gained a facial twitch because of nitnendo's online
With 300 I made 1 mil from my own turnips and 2 with tips. I have a busy day of work tomorrow though.