Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. Already grave dancing. Do not ever give these people the benefit of the doubt. They have never earned it.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
They will push one through because it increases their chances to steal the election.

It's either stay president or go to prison for agent orange so he will do everything he can

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You damn well better believe that Trump's base and right-leaning moderates that Biden was hoping to court are going to be energized as hell for this.

This is potentially a bigger political gift for Trump than COVID was for Biden.

This doesn't make any sense. Anyone that was even possibly going to vote for Biden was going to do so knowing that RBG's replacement was going to be picked by him. She was 87.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
It was her fucking dying wish not to be replaced until after the election. Are those fucking ghouls actually going to go against her dying wish? Isnt that fucking sacrilage? god damnit.

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
This doesn't make any sense. Anyone that was even possibly going to vote for Biden was going to do so knowing that RBG's replacement was going to be picked by him. She was 87.
Then you need to tell that to everyone saying "VOTE FOR BIDEN" to actually take action because that was the only possibility until about 45 minutes ago.

Pez

Oct 28, 2017
Who is the most politically advantageous nominee to help him win reelection?

Literally all he cares about, so whoever this is will be his nominee.

What is he currently short on with his base? There a particular battleground state he needs to shore up?

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I don't know if this is allowed to be said, but if trump pushes some shithead through to the courts, even if no one does anything right now, the moment they start going after decades of precedent based stuff like roe v wade I hope to fuck Americans start to channel the way some European countries protest, don't give these fucks an inch more, they've been given miles for years and at this point if their response to millions being out of work and fucked by their decisions doesn't show every single American that they never gave a fuck then I don't know what will.

The recent protests have shown that when the country starts to get burned to the ground by people demanding justice and equality then things start to happen, and if these fuckers want to push things back 100 years then drag the whole system down, fuck them all.

Also this is another reason the whole "lame duck period" is the stupidest thing I've ever seen a country have for an election based system....why the fuck would it ever be a good idea to let the people that were voted against and told by the country they don't want them to be in charge of decisions still have all their power for a month or more after they lost.....it opens things up like we saw in some states where they know they lost power so during the last moments they have it they change the rules so they keep it. It's fucking stupid. Biden could win and they would still have someone on the courts even if they agreed to wait for after the election.

Oct 27, 2017
Should we expect a William Barr figure? Someone with some cred on paper but still just a lackey.

Or is it time for Trump to nominate crazy town to the court.

Who is the most politically advantageous nominee to help him win reelection?

Literally all he cares about, so whoever this is will be his nominee.

What is he currently short on with his base? There a particular battleground state he needs to shore up?
Federal judges don't have constituencies like that. Nobody he could pick would influence a particular state much in any way.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Mitch McConnell in 2016: "The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president."

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
You damn well better believe that Trump's base and right-leaning moderates that Biden was hoping to court are going to be energized as hell for this.

"Trump's base", really, we're still doing this. They are already voting for him. Independents despise him and want him gone.

TiC

Banned
Jul 12, 2019
Republicans all are fucking open fascists, have been my whole lifetime, and they are so brazen about it because consequences are nonexistent. They desperately need the fear put back in them. Only good fascist traitor is a dead one.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017

This will be filled before the election. They want the seat in case there is a challenge to the results.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, if Roe v. Wade is overturned, I don't think this country survives long enough to see it implemented.

It's just unbelievable how evil our right wing party is and how spineless our "left wing" (it's a centrist party at best) alternative is.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I wonder if we can survive this as a democracy.
Car_Caravan_Protest_ja_3653.10.jpg

May 26, 2018
First off these three alone wouldn't matter since Republicans have 53 seats and Pence has the tiebreaking vote. Second off if you believe they won't cave if needed then I've got a bridge to sell you

Maybe Romney and Graham.

But resting the fate of our entire nation from now until the end of human civilization on these people...

Might as well jump off a cliff and say "I DISBELIEVE IN GRAVITY AND THAT'S WHY I'M GOING TO FLY!"

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
First off these three alone wouldn't matter since Republicans have 53 seats and Pence has the tiebreaking vote. Second off if you believe they won't cave if needed then I've got a bridge to sell you
Even if by some miracle they don't do it by the election (because Rs in tight races think it will hurt their chances), if they lose they will just do it lame duck.