Karthane

Mar 20, 2018
I appreciate the dedication to games which is usually how these things should go, but how long can Sony/Microsoft drag out these pricing reveals

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
I'm hyped for this, but I hope the rumored August event comes sooner rather than later. I want to pre-order the damn thing dammit!

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
One hour is interesting. Not necessarily unexpected but definitely means they'll probably hold some stuff back since you can only fit so many games in that slot and Halo Infinite will probably get a pretty big slot.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's great news. Show me why I should care about your console this time, MS.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Good shit.

I hope we at least get some teasers of Series X 'next gen only' stuff to quell some of the concern trolling..even if they're a long ways out just to assure people the 'next gen only' stuff IS coming.

GhoulOne

Mar 4, 2018
I would like price and release date and the option of preordering. But At least the games will be playable on Xbox One X so maybe I'll just play them on that

Oct 27, 2017
Which features do you want to know more about? We've seen the console, we know the OS, we know the controller. Today we've learned about back compat and xCloud.

What is there to show besides the mysterious Lockhart, price and pre-orders?

We have seen how the is is in action? What other features the console has. As far as chat? Like discord? Or a improved LFG system? Or any other features.

I am not complaining about games being shown. I am disappointed that part of the info seems to be held back again.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Whew, people will bitch about anything. My god.

Anyway, looking forward to the hype train.

OP
OP
digitalrelic

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Halo: Infinite is the first game they show. They shouldn't save it for the end. Everyone knows it's coming, just show it right away. Save a surprise like Fable or The Initiative's game for the end.

Oct 27, 2017
How anyone can be complaining that they're finally showing the very first footage of next-gen games that have been in secret development for several years from their recent high profile studio acquisitions is beyond me. This event is literally showcasing what's awesome about gaming.
You actually play games? Lol what a nerd. I just buy the consoles as decoration for my living room

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
We have seen how the is is in action? What other features the console has. As far as chat? Like discord? Or a improved LFG system? Or any other features.

I am not complaining about games being shown. I am disappointed that part of the info seems to be held back again.
if you have an xbox today, then voila, you now know what the os on the series x is going to look like.

OP
OP
digitalrelic

digitalrelic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would they tease stuff 3 years out?
I mean, it happens all the time. Even very recently with Nintendo with Metroid Prime & the Breath of the Wild sequel and Sony with TLOU II, Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, FF VII Remake, etc... It's pretty common to reveal games years ahead of their release dates. Wouldn't shock me to see a few games that are next-gen exclusive.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
If there are game "presenters", I hope they improve its video quality or presentation.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

If you are an Xbox Insider, you can see the OS changes by yourself. It'll just be faster on the Series X. ;)

The Series X will have the same OS as the Xbox One.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
The only thing I'm worried about is the duration. 1hr isnt really long enough for the content I'm hoping for.

Halo Infinite - 10 minutes maximum.

Leaving 50 minutes.

Sony's was 74 minutes, give or take...and I felt that that event needed more content...and no single game dominated like Halo will.

Let's say each trailer gets 3 minutes. That's 16 games, maximum. 17 including Halo. Not enough, for me.

25 games please. With 20 showing gameplay. Maximum 5 story/teaser trailers. 10 first party.

I need wall to wall games at this event.

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously. Who cares about video games!?
I feel that the purpose of a games console was somewhat lost along the way...
The purpose of a game console is to play games and what differentiates itself from other things are the features that it has everything we can play here can be done on a PC so there better be a good reason to get one apparently. I'm planning on getting the system but I would like to see what other feature sets it has. I'm sorry if this offended you all.

Plum

May 31, 2018
The person making the original post was quite rambunctious but do people really not understand why the lack of any news outside of games might annoy people this close to release?

Look at the price, for instance. People need to budget for stuff ahead of time, and whether the Series X is $400, $500 or maybe even more is kind of important in letting people do that. Same goes for the release date; "Holiday 2020," can mean anytime between the start of October and Christmas, and that could make the difference in being able to save up for this on time or not. Hell, we don't even know if a crucial pillar of Microsoft's console strategy this gen even exists, and it makes one wonder whether Microsoft is actually going to spring an entirely new revision on us a few months before releas.e. Who knows, really?

Games being shown is great, but when you really don't know all that much else about the platform you're going to be playing those games on it can get tiresome, and I don't fault people for complaining about it.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like he's getting ahead of Lockhart rumors. Games was known and expected for this event. Sounds good. Gimme.

tusharngf

Oct 29, 2017
Lordran
The only thing I'm worried about is the duration. 1hr isnt really long enough for the content I'm hoping for.

Halo Infinite - 10 minutes maximum.

Leaving 50 minutes.

Sony's was 74 minutes, give or take...and I felt that that event needed more content...and no single game dominated like Halo will.

Let's say each trailer gets 3 minutes. That's 16 games, maximum. 17 including Halo. Not enough, for me.

25 games please. With 20 showing gameplay. Maximum 5 story/teaser trailers. 10 first party.

I need wall to wall games at this event.
they have shown the indie games earlier. Now its time for first party and 3rd party big games.

Oct 27, 2017
So no price or date? Bummer but I guess they're waiting on Sony. I just want one of them to announce price, date and pre orders before end of the month plz.

200.gif

but I'm stoked to see the games!

OP
OP
digitalrelic

digitalrelic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The purpose of a game console is to play games and what differentiates itself from other things are the features that it has everything we can play here can be done on a PC so there better be a good reason to get one apparently. I'm planning on getting the system but I would like to see what other feature sets it has. I'm sorry if this offended you all.
They've already shared a TON of info about what the Series X can do from a technical perspective, and from a features point of view. Like every few weeks they're giving us more and more info.

Literally just yesterday they released an in depth article and video about their Velocity Architecture. Today they revealed full backwards compatibility, and xCloud support at no extra charge to GPU members. I don't know what other features you're waiting for.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing there will be very little/no transmission animations or dev commentary unlike the PlayStation conference.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
For me, the prime reason to get a console over a PC, is paying 500 bucks for it instead of the whatever high price the PC has.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As someone that could care less about their hardware, bring it on. Super excited for this. Sucks that it's during the work day tho.

Oct 27, 2017
That's coming in August. This July event has always been about games. It's called the "Xbox Games Showcase" for fucks sake.

There was obvious confusion around what was going to be announced because if not he wouldn't have actually made the statement today. Don't act like it was completely obvious all of a sudden. Just because it's called the game showcase doesn't mean anything else couldn't be shown, What happens if they actually talk about Xcloud or something along those lines, holy shit they're not talking about just games then are they?