Jroc

Jun 9, 2018
That sounds like such an advantage over other xbox consoles to the point where it isn't even being put out on them, But unless they expect much faster load times than the Windows version, thats not the type of unique features I mean.

It thats the case then its just a poor fit for what I'm looking to see, and perhaps they will talk more about unique selling points later.

The unique selling point is that you get to play the "best" version of Microsoft's games without having to buy a high-end PC.

Not everyone has nor wants a gaming PC. Some of those people will be interested in at least one game that Microsoft shows. The Xbox Series X is for them.

This has been their official mission statement since Play Anywhere and the One X back in 2016/2017. Microsoft makes Windows so they don't really care if someone decides to invest in their PC instead. A PC gamer who buys a console purely for exclusives probably isn't going to dump much money into multiplats anyway.

unapersson

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, people will be going to the tills launch day and there won't be a price, you'll just have to faithfully punch in your PIN and hope they don't take all your money.

They're working closely with retailers and the banking industry:

1. contactless limits will be raised
2. they're recreating the scene in Flash Gordon with the tree stump
3. you're charged an amount based on which entry point you choose
4. yes, you can still lose a hand (thanks to sponsorship from transplant industry, you don't think those cheaper options pay for themselves do you?)

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
How anyone could possibly believe there's any chance that Microsoft is going to show an hour of CGI trailers at this event is beyond me. Get real.
I'm referring to the wording of the announcement. It's still vague. Showing a 'game' could mean anything.

Just that their exclusives won't really be next gen for the first 2 years after Series X launches, which is what so many of us tried about that Matt Booty article.
Thank you. So that message hasn't changed...except the same two years have now moved down the timeline a few months (according to how people originally believed it to be). Better yet...

It was never one year..ppl wanted to spin it as one year. To me, it logically never made sense. It had to be after the Series X launched, not before.
...that's how I understood the original comment about exclusively supporting the next-generation hardware too. That's what I need to buy one...next-generation experiences. Not current generation games ported-up to next-generation hardware.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
All this speculation about Gold folding into Ultimate. Curious if they give some kind of mention at this thing, or maybe they really do stick to games only?

OP
OP
digitalrelic

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All this speculation about Gold folding into Ultimate. Curious if they give some kind of mention at this thing, or maybe they really do stick to games only?
Well they said they'd stick to games only, so that's my expectation. This is setting up a HUGE August event, with tons of news to share. Lockhart, the future of XBL Gold / possible free online play, xCloud, potential studio acquisitions, release date, pricing, preorder information, detailed information on backwards compatibility features and how enhancements are going to work, Dashboard changes, etc... etc...

The July event hasn't even happened and I already can't wait to tune into the August event.

Last edited:

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019

If they do that is likely going to be discussed in August or September. Looks like Microsoft is trying to get Sony to divulge some details on what they are doing first like pricing any any PSN Plus changes.

May 25, 2019
London
Well they said they'd stick to games only, so that's my expectation. This is setting up a HUGE August event, with tons of news to share. Lockhart, the future of XBL Gold / possible free online play, xCloud, potential studio acquisitions, release date, pricing, preorder information, detailed information on backwards compatibility features and how enhancements are going to work, etc... etc...

The July event hasn't even happened and I already can't wait to tune into the August event.

I'm wondering if the pre-show has some of those details, they seem to be hyping the pre-show as well...