• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
Methodology: The survey was conducted Aug. 17–Sept. 16. 10,000 teens were surveyed in 44 states with an average household income of $67,755.

Theres a bunch more different stats at the survey above. I only took the ones people here might care for.

A whopping 87% of U.S. teenagers have iPhones, per a new survey of 10,000 young people from investment bank Piper Sandler.

• They care about sustainability: 51% of teens have purchased secondhand items and 62% have sold things they own, per the survey.

• 14% of teens consume plant-based meat, with the fake meat giants Impossible Foods and Beyond Meat taking the bulk of the market share.

• They're bringing back some old styles: Crocs are (somehow) gaining popularity among teens.

Source: https://www.axios.com/teen-iphone-use-spending-habits-bc2e598e-303d-4024-8db8-c345b1415ad4.html

TpJucJA.png

iXeQrIr.png

F3hVcKr.png

SFFv5M8.png

SJULfL8.png

YqdwH6V.png

77a2ADN.png

NcIxZEJ.png

iuWYiAZ.png

BPENLUf.png

wxj2a5T.png

A1RPO37.png

PR4VveD.png

Last edited:

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's critical info that this is specific to the US. Where i live just a casual walk in the city will show that a lot more than 13% of teens use Android.

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
87% of teens with iPhones is not surprising. Im no rocket scientist, but I think that would mean that 50 years from now Apple will probably have a total monopoly over the cell phone industry. These teens become adults, have kids of they're own and get them iPhones. In the US I mean.

Are Apple stocks a good long term investment?

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
Most of their answers I have no issues with until I saw that their favourite celebrity is Adam Sandler…. What the hell, teens?

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
How do they "like" NFT's when only 33% have heard of them and only 10% have bought one? That's a pretty small percentage.

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I believe it. Or at least, I believe that most teens have a smartphone of some kind. Even if it's like a budget Android or something.

I hate to say it, but it's very likely social suicide to not have one.

Haunted

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
That NFT stat basically shows the opposite of what the text/commentary about it says. :lol

Also, Adam Sandler. what

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing how unpopular Twitter is in basically any social media survey and yet it's the platform driving news and politics the most.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
That title focusing on NFTs when only 10 per cent the 22 per cent that have heard it having even bought one.

What a misleading title.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Title should be updated to specify that they were looking almost exclusively at high income or middle class teens.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Some major editorialising with the NFT stuff, but more than that I can't imagine NFTs and Crypto being popular once they start working. The issue isn't the currency, but the system or hoarded wealth… Something neither Crypto or NFTs are going to fucking solve.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Back of cigarette packet maths says 10% of 22% of 10,000 kids in a household with median income of 67k have purchased NFTs? That doesn't really seem significant.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Out of my close circle of friends and family at least, no-one does. I worked at the airport for two years and it always surprised me how pretty much every single American had one.

Eh, not really surprising when you think about the history of the whole thing. That and from what I understand iPhones are more expensive in other countries?

sixteen-bit

Oct 30, 2017
iPhone 6s is still software supported so it's not like you have to be a rich kid to be on team iPhone

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
It's a bullshit title, at least the NFT bit.

Agreed. I'm sorry but Op should request the title be adjusted.
The Axios article title is "The staggering ubiquity of iPhones" and the study itself is called "Taking Stock with Teens".

Nothing to do with NFTs or Crypto, and is focused on US teens.

Lrvuh7E.png

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Title should be updated to specify that they were looking almost exclusively at high income or middle class teens.

The income they looked at is literally just the US average household income.

Agreed. I'm sorry but Op should request the title be adjusted.
The Axios article title is "The staggering ubiquity of iPhones" and the study itself is called "Taking Stock with Teens".

Nothing to do with NFTs or Crypto, and is focused on US teens in affluent families.

Lrvuh7E.png

See above. $67000 is the average household income in the US, so if you take a random sample is should be about that. It didn't "focus on affluent teens"

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I would be interested to see more data and more surveys over the alleged iPhone ownership rate. 87% seems too high. However the iPhone is indeed extremely popular in the US. I literally have one single contact in my phone who is not an iPhone user. I used to have two, but then one of them bought an iPhone.

I have often wondered what the actual statistics are, especially among people under 30. But even though I expected a high number, 87% of teens is hard for even me to believe.

But it would be helpful to have a new stat to quote to explain why nobody in the US uses WhatsApp.

OP
OP
nsilvias

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think OP just put NFTs in the Title for Clickbait.

Because saying 14% eat Plant-Based Food sometimes wouldn't generate the Era Clicks.
the last sentence in the title is a list of things that the survey asks about. topics that era cares for. whats clickbait about giving people here what they want? or do people here care about teens wearing more makeup everyday?

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I think it's critical info that this is specific to the US. Where i live just a casual walk in the city will show that a lot more than 13% of teens use Android.

Yup, Android is more popular in Poland. It's all because of cost of course, really good Android phones can cost as much as 30-40% the price of basic new iPhone.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I would be interested to see more data and more surveys over the alleged iPhone ownership rate. 87% seems too high. However the iPhone is indeed extremely popular in the US. I literally have one single contact in my phone who is not an iPhone user. I used to have two, but then one of them bought an iPhone.

I have often wondered what the actual statistics are, especially among people under 30. But even though I expected a high number, 87% of teens is hard for even me to believe.

But it would be helpful to have a new stat to quote to explain why nobody in the US uses WhatsApp.

www.statista.com

U.S. iPhone user share 2014-2022 | Statista

How many people have iPhones in the United States? In 2022, there were more than 120 million iPhone users in the United States, accounting for nearly 49 percent of all smartphone users in the country.

Currently there are more than 113 million iPhone users in the United States, accounting for about 47 percent of all smartphone users in the United States.

the last sentence in the title is a list of things that the survey asks about. topics that era cares for. whats clickbait about giving people here what they want? or do people here care about teens wearing more makeup everyday?

Yeah, I think I saw a comma instead of a full-stop, my apologies.

Nice to know they don't care for NFTs!

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

If adults I'd be surprised if it was that high, but teens I can see. I don't think I've seen a teen with an android phone in years and it's the only one my younger family seems to care about, but my dad and brother both love android.