• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Fess up Era. Who dis?

Michael Rotondo, 30, has been living at his parents' place in Camillus, New York, without paying rent. But now they want him out.

Christina and Mark Rotondo repeatedly asked Michael to move out of their house — but claim he has refused to do so. Now, Christina and Mark are now seeking legal action in the case of their son's eviction.

1. Organize the things you need for work and to manage an apartment. Note: You will need stuff at [redacted]. You must arrange the date and time through your Father so he can set it up with the tenant.
2. Sell the other things you have that have any significant value, (e.g. stereo, some tools etc.). This is especially true for any weapons you may have. You need the money and will have no place for the stuff.
3. There are jobs available even for those with a poor work history like you. Get one — you have to work!
4. If you want help finding a place your Mother has offered to help you.

In a response to the court, Michael Rotondo claimed he wasn't expected to help with household expenses or chores while living at their house. He also claims that eviction was "retaliatory" and did not provide him with adequate notice. According to the standard set by Kosa v Legg in 2006, tenants must be given six months eviction notice by their landlords.

According to WTO 11, the family will be heading to court in the next few weeks — just before Michael turns 31.

Source:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle...s-because-he-refuses-to-leave-home/ar-AAxAPSk

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You got me.

giphy.gif

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Imagine being such a loaf, and ill-equipped human that your parents have to evict you...

That is also the nicest eviction notice ever, with his parents trying to help the dude out.

Flo_Evans

Oct 25, 2017
Is there something wrong with this guy or are his parents just total failures at raising him?

I feel like I spoil my kids pretty good but I can't imagine myself in this kind of situation lol.

Nassudan

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine being such a loaf, and ill-equipped human that your parents have to evict you...

That is also the nicest eviction notice ever, with his parents trying to help the dude out.

Guy sounds like a spoiled asshole. The type who, yes - at 30 will screech as loud as they can the moment something doesn't go their way.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Guess locking him out of the house while he's gone for a few hours doesn't work anymore? I assume he leaves the house sometimes right? Lock him out, out as much of his stuff as possible in the front yard, and call a 1 hour locksmith to change the locks.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I recently moved back home to PA and I found an apartment in town as soon as humanely fucking possible. I love my dad and get along with him, and I know he likes having me at the house, but living with him feels like I'm a high school kid again. And I've helped pay housing/food costs while living there the past month and a half. I hate feeling like a dependent child.

Flo_Evans

Oct 25, 2017
Guess locking him out of the house while he's gone for a few hours doesn't work anymore? I assume he leaves the house sometimes right? Lock him out, out as much of his stuff as possible in the front yard, and call a 1 hour locksmith to change the locks.

NY has some pretty tough tenant protection laws. You can't just put people on the street.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I recently moved back home to PA and I found an apartment in town as soon as humanely fucking possible. I love my dad and get along with him, and I know he likes having me at the house, but living with him feels like I'm a high school kid again. And I've helped pay housing/food costs while living there the past month and a half. I hate feeling like a dependent child.

That is what parents are for... to help you out when you really need it, help you get on your feet if they can, and then like you did... your job is to get the hell out of there ASAP.

I lost my job about 10 years ago at 25... moved home because everything imploded. Lived there for 4 months while I got a new gig, and my parents really helped me out. I got the hell out of there as soon as I could, and paid as much as I could in terms of money for food and utilities.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
2. Sell the other things you have that have any significant value, (e.g. stereo, some tools etc.). This is especially true for any weapons you may have. You need the money and will have no place for the stuff.

Katanas or guns?

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Entitled or what?

Oh, how times have changed. I'm guessing at least 95% of boomers were out the door shortly after high school graduation.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tenancy laws are complicated. I've seen multiple scenarios where people think tenancy laws don't apply to someone just because they're biologically related or because the person isn't paying rent. The parents will have to go through the same process to evict him as anyone else. Carefully read up on tenancy laws before you allow people to squat in your house without payment. Oh, and raise your kids correctly so that they aren't 30 and living at home with no life experience.

Deleted member 11157

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On a positive note, neckbeard hasn't murdered his parents and hid their bodies in the attic so he can keep living there rent-free.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017

Illegal. He'd be able to get back in with a quick call to the police.

Taking him through the eviction process is more permanent and binding. And it gives him puhlenty of time in the state of New York to get his shit together.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The least you can do living at home is get a job so you aren't just sitting around doing jack shit while your parents try not kill themselves because you are a 30 year old man sitting around doing nothing. Fuck selling drugs would be a better plan.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure if he got a job and contributed they might be more willing to let him stay a little longer or help out with his new place if he actually sets himself some life goals because I'm sure they understand if he gets a low tier job it will be tough and they parents genuinely want their kids to be okay. He wasted his life so far, needs to give it a go now.

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sheesh, I just turned 22 and I feel bad that I still live with my parents but at least I have a job and plans to move out soon. Not to mention I help with household expenses and treat my parents to dinner once a week or so.

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a friend like that and it's truly disheartening to see him taking this path.

He's now 30 and lives with his grand-parents ever since I know him, never finished high school and can't stay at any school job program because he loses interest after a few months. Then comes the time to find a job where the longest one he had, with a union and all kind of benefits, ended up after a year because he falsified a doctor's ticket to be off for more days.

He was jobless for months doing basically nothing and last week he found a seasonal job to help building pools in backyards, which he left after the first day because it was way 'too hard'.

I fear for him that the wake up call, when his grand-parents will force him to leave or die, may hit really too hard once it happens. I tried to tell him to kick his ass but then he gets hyper aggressive. Nobody in the friend circle want to recommend him either because he always choke and would end up ruining our inputs in our respective companies. :(

Deleted member 1086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Idk, seems weird to me. My dad was pushed out of his parents house at 19 when they told him they were moving and that they wouldn't have a room for him in their new residence, so he was on his own. Weird to me that you can forcefully stay in a residence that you don't own and don't pay any sort of rent for.

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine being parents and raising a kid (man) that acts like this at 30. Like, I can't tell if I was in that situation, I'd be more disappointed at my child or at myself

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I know these days it is pretty common to see people live with their parents well into their late 20's as long as there is a reason like saving for a house. My cousin, husband, and TWO CHILDREN are moving into my aunts house to try and save for a house in Chicago. I personally think that's a bit ridiculous but my aunt is mostly happy she gets to see her grandchildren more.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 36086

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
NY has some pretty tough tenant protection laws. You can't just put people on the street.

He's not a tenant though. There isn't a rental agreement. He might be able to make the argument that paying for expenses/chipping in could be construed as paying rent but he hasnt paid his folks anything.

Dunno why the parents just didn't call the cops on him and say he's trespassing.

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine being this dude and trying to successfully date after this story went viral. How would you realistically explain this to someone?

If he wasn't an incel before, hoo boy.

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
Was about to go on a "baby boomers fucked up economy and still don't realize it" tirade, but it sounds like Mike just plain good old fashioned sucks.

So

diablos991

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nightmare fuel. I truly hope to prepare my kid for the world so this doesn't happen.

I would feel like a failure as the parents or the child in this scenario.

That kid needs to get out and grow up.

Anybody think Michael has an account here?

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

Guy sounds like a spoiled asshole. The type who, yes - at 30 will screech as loud as they can the moment something doesn't go their way.

Whose fault is that though? it seems the parents may have enabled this behavior for a long time. But also seems like while yes they maybe a bum, just throwing him out does nothing for anyone involved lol.

Nightmare fuel. I truly hope to prepare my kid for the world so this doesn't happen.

I would feel like a failure as the parents or the child in this scenario.

That kid needs to get out and grow up.
Kid? thats a grown ass man.

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously got tired of living with my parents at 16. Couldn't see someone willingly staying at 30. At that point I'd probably have wanted to shoot them.

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
Imagine being parents and raising a kid (man) that acts like this at 30. Like, I can't tell if I was in that situation, I'd be more disappointed at my child or at myself
This is the main reason I'm so hesitant to have a kid, beyond financial reasons. I could do my level best, but I'm still adding yet another individual to the world with an intricate brain and infinite possible variations. I just know I'd crank out an asshole.

Having this mindset going into parenthood probably wouldn't help either. Imagine if the only way to truly piss off your dad was to pretend to be a Nazi.

Yup, probably sitting all that out

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Hey everyone, I'm a 30 year old man and I still live at home so this hits home.

BTW, in before kill yourself, or any memes, have a long standing job, car, gf, savings, 401K. Just got fucked up with student loans and low pay in a brutal area price wise. Sure I could move to the country and be completely alone! :) :) :) :) No newphew, no friends, no family.. isn't that a great idea!!!!

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I refer to him as a kid due to him behaving like one.
Many children arent selfish that is a learned behavior from guess who. adults. they are acting like an adult. im ranting here but imo we all need to stop infantilizing adult behavior like this kids dont act like this. kids probally would say okay and run away to a candy store.

this is just an undeveloped adult

Deleted member 1086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho

BTW, in before kill yourself, or any memes, have a long standing job, car, gf, savings, 401K. Just got fucked up with student loans and low pay in a brutal area price wise. Sure I could move to the country and be completely alone! :) :) :) :) No newphew, no friends, no family.. isn't that a great idea!!!!
As long as you and your parents agree to terms and you contribute something if they ask then it isn't a problem that you live with them. But if they want you to pay rent and you don't or they want you out and you won't leave, then it's a problem.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If anyone told you to kill yourself here they'd be banned in an instant. There's a handful of situations where living with your parents isn't the worst thing in the world, but the article shared in the OP certainly isn't one of them.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

What time is your bedtime? :D