• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
Between the cast change and the fact that the CW hasn't aired any of their real shows in a while I'm not surprised. I suspect the other ones are going to do badly too when they come back.

Oct 25, 2017
Friday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2021-Jan-15-FRI.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-friday-network-scorecard-1-15-2021.html
The latina sisters had the best pitch of shark tank of the night.

Jan 20, 2019
This week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of January 17, 2021:

People sure do love their true crime documentaries, don't they?

1.) Night Stalker: The Hunt for a Serial Killer (Limited Series) (NEW)
2.) Bridgerton (Season 1)
3.) Lupin (Part 1)
4.) Henry Danger (Seasons 1-3) (NEW)
5.) LA's Finest (Season 1)
6.) Disenchantment (Parts 1-3) (NEW)
7.) Cobra Kai (Seasons 1-3)
8.) Cocomelon (Seasons 1-2)
9.) Jenni Rivera: Mariposa de Barrio - La Serie (Season 1)
10.) Bling Empire (Season 1) (NEW)

I advice peopel to watch Bridgerton.

While the series is your run of the mill classic romatic story, the performace of prety much all actors involved is really good.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Football couldn't have helped, but I expect all the CW shows to have a dip in ratings when they come back tonight and the weeks ahead. It's good they still had the Netflix deal for their pre-existing shows and seem to get viewership online, but with it being a younger skewing network it will always struggle in linear ratings.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Rumour has it that the 'big reveal' of this Paramount + unveiling will be the news a Paramount event film will be debuting day & date on the service just as HBO Max are doing with the WB slate.

Could it be A Quiet Place 2 and/or Top Gun 2?

This is an evolved CBS All Access? Or do they coexist?

For all intents and purposes CBS All Access is being renamed Paramount Plus. They are keeping Showtime as a separate service.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
How are many of these shows, Netflix still making? They just shadow drop one day and are never heard again.
Also meh trailer, bad dialogues and the music is awful.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How are many of these shows, Netflix still making? They just shadow drop one day and are never heard again.
Also meh trailer, bad dialogues and the music is awful.

Who's this show suppsoed to be for? Seems fairly too generic to grab anyone, and online most of the response from fans or people who would have had nostalgia from the property is mostly why did they strip the IP of it's identity (colorful fashion magical girls) and white wash the cast.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I HONESTLY don't know what the CW is thinking spreading out all these premieres across random months. All of their shows are going to tank because nobody is watching the CW right now to know when each show's premiere date is going to be. Launch them all (or at least MOST OF THEM) at once so people know when to come back.

Like I get that Supergirl isn't ready but you could at least have Batwoman, Flash and Superman (and BL?) come back the same week so you can make a big deal about the Arrowverse coming back all at once. Putting out Batwoman one week and Riverdale another week and then Flash and Superman a MONTH later feels like there's zero plan.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Who's this show suppsoed to be for? Seems fairly too generic to grab anyone, and online most of the response from fans or people who would have had nostalgia from the property is mostly why did they strip the IP of it's identity (colorful fashion magical girls) and white wash the cast.

My kids are begging to watch this because they loved Winx when they were little. But it's TV-MA and I don't know how extreme the content is.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I HONESTLY don't know what the CW is thinking spreading out all these premieres across random months. All of their shows are going to tank because nobody is watching the CW right now to know when each show's premiere date is going to be. Launch them all (or at least MOST OF THEM) at once so people know when to come back.

Like I get that Supergirl isn't ready but you could at least have Batwoman, Flash and Superman (and BL?) come back the same week so you can make a big deal about the Arrowverse coming back all at once. Putting out Batwoman one week and Riverdale another week and then Flash and Superman a MONTH later feels like there's zero plan.
Only BL, Flash, and Superman & Lois are spread out. Everything else premieres this week.

Batwoman: January 17, 8 p.m.
All American: January 18, 8 p.m.
Riverdale: January 20, 8 p.m
Nancy Drew: January 20, 9 p.m.
Walker: January 21, 8 p.m.
Legacies: January 21, 9 p.m.
Charmed: January 24, 9 p.m.
Black Lightning: February 8, 9 p.m.
The Flash: February 23, 8 p.m.
Superman & Lois: February 23, 9 p.m.

The only real delay was Batwoman and Charmed not being the same night.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Rumour has it that the 'big reveal' of this Paramount + unveiling will be the news a Paramount event film will be debuting day & date on the service just as HBO Max are doing with the WB slate.

Could it be A Quiet Place 2 and/or Top Gun 2?

hmm are they going to have some sort of launch event?

edit - nvm it's February 24

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen a sitcom in my life. I did recently watch 3 episodes of Modern Family, so might just continue on with that. My fam did watch Full House here and there back in the 90s but I was never invested in it. It bothers me I can't watch the original Full House anywhere.

Is Fuller House worth anything?

Last edited:

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone heard of the fate of Cursed from Netflix?

It premiered mid last year haven't heard a word on a renewal. I'm guessing since nothing has been said by this point it isn't coming back. It's a shame, I enjoyed the first season and it would also be unfortunate with especially the way it ended.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
That's interesting. A Quiet Place 2 doesn't seem splashy enough. Top Gun seems way too splashy.

Agreed. A Quiet Place 2 can't sit on the shelf for much longer given it was supposed to open in the spring and it's possible that Paramount have already spent a huge chunk of the marketing budget before they had to pull it off the schedule owing to COVID so this could be an easy decision for them to make.

Maybe they want to use Top Gun 2 as their WW84 and also want it of the schedule so it doesn't end up running into the next M:I film (s) in 2022.

hmm are they going to have some sort of launch event?

edit - nvm it's February 24

They'll want to make some kind of splashy announcement at this event a'la Disney + but seeing as they don't have much in the way of big IP and I don't see a 37th Star Trek spin-off cutting the mustard I could see them going down the HBO Max route for some of their films. Especially since their slate is so much smaller than Warners.

Oct 25, 2017
9-1-1: Lone Star and 9-1-1 is like the first two scripted shows I'm watching taking place in this Covid-world. so strange seeing both masks and also all this video conferencing.

9-1-1 Lone Star was like the most wow about it (lady on toilet on the cam, dude choking on the cam, medical teleconferences), heh.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I've never seen a sitcom in my life. I did recently watch 3 episodes of Modern Family, so might just continue on with that. My fam did watch Full House here and there back in the 90s but I was never invested in it. It bothers me I can't watch the original Full House anywhere.

Full House is available on Hulu if you have that. Fuller House is on Netflix but is not good. I somehow still watched all five seasons. Yes, I do loathe myself. It's too cheesy even for a family sitcom. But if you liked the original, you might like it.

Other family sitcoms I would recommend are black-ish (ABC/Hulu), The Middle (ABC/HBO Max), and if you're in the mood for a throwback Malcolm in the Middle (Fox/Hulu).

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
9-1-1: Lone Star and 9-1-1 is like the first two scripted shows I'm watching taking place in this Covid-world. so strange seeing both masks and also all this video conferencing.

9-1-1 Lone Star was like the most wow about it (lady on toilet on the cam, dude choking on the cam, medical teleconferences), heh.

The Good Doctor and The Resident both dedicated one episode to the virus and then are setting all others in some indeterminate future when it's gone.

SVU has it ongoing, but their mask usage is so laughably bad. Characters will walk up with their masks on, take them off to chat, and then turn around to put their masks back on and walk away.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Btw The CW app is now at the top of the App Store

EsGQCb-XAAEwt3q

The CW's ability to transition to being a streaming provider / platform with a vestigial network business for us olds is really impressive. I'm surprised one of the big streamers hasn't hired Mark Pedowitz to lead their platform. His team seems to connect with millennials better than anyone other than Disney and Netflix with far fewer resources..

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
didn't particularly enjoy Night Stalker ("enjoy" is always a weird term to use for true crime docs), any other true crime recomendations?

my favorite is still The Keepers on Netflix.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The Middle is probably one of my favorite sitcoms in recent years. Just a really fun and entertaining watch from beginning to end.

Amy Sedaris Isn't Home

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Some more renew/cancelation news

tvline.com

Tyler Perry’s Sistas Renewed for Season 3 at BET

BET has renewed Tyler Perry's 'Sistas' for Season 3, ahead of its midseason premiere on Wednesday, Jan. 27.

tvline.com

At Home With Amy Sedaris Not Returning for Season 4

'At Home With Amy Sedaris' will not be returning to truTV for Season 4, TVLine has learned exclusively.

tvline.com

Snowpiercer Renewed for Season 3 at TNT, Ahead of Season 2 Premiere

Snowpiercer won’t be running out of track anytime soon, now that TNT has renewed the dystopian drama for a third season — ahead of Season 2’s Monday, Jan. 25 premiere. Starring Daveed Diggs and Jennifer Connelly, Snowpiercer debuted as the most watched new cable entertainment program of May...