• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Finished Lupin part 1. I'm guessing Part 2 is coming later this year, judging by the finale.

Is it just me or is Netflix new "split the season in two" format accidentally making the MIDSEASON FINALE a huge comeback?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
deadline.com

‘WandaVision’ Review: Marvel’s First Disney+ Series Is Too AARP & Not Enough MCU

'WandaVision' wasn't supposed to be the first MCU offering on Disney+, but the Elizabeth Olsen-Paul Bettany project has arrived, kind of.

This is a pretty scathing review.
Really? I was actually almost interested after how glowing AV Club was

tv.avclub.com

Disney+'s WandaVision unleashes the weird potential of the MCU

WandaVision, Disney+'s first Marvel Studios series, is a delightfully weird expression of the MCU's untapped potential

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
deadline.com

‘WandaVision’ Review: Marvel’s First Disney+ Series Is Too AARP & Not Enough MCU

'WandaVision' wasn't supposed to be the first MCU offering on Disney+, but the Elizabeth Olsen-Paul Bettany project has arrived, kind of.

This is a pretty scathing review.

It's Deadline review so pretty much worthless lol.
Wandavison is the frist MCU series so it needs to stick the landing. Judging by the reactions of the Mando season 2 finale, once Dr.Strange Quicksilver, Mephisto, Nightmare ... show up in the last 3 eps (rumor to be 1h long) it will be ok.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's Deadline review so pretty much worthless lol.
Wandavison is the frist MCU series so it needs to stick the landing. Judging by the reactions of the Mando season 2 finale, once Dr.Strange Quicksilver, Mephisto, Nightmare ... show up in the last 3 eps (rumor to be 1h long) it will be ok.
I mean, just because it is a negative review of something you want to like doesn't mean it's worthless. Surely you can see why asking viewers to sit through 5 weeks of riffs on sitcoms before finally getting to the stuff they care about may be a hard ask. (Assuming those leaks are correct)

Personally I'm still optimistic the show will be enjoyable. And going in I am ready to embrace the weirdness. But the trailers pretty much left me not knowing what to expect, assuming there was something more to what I was seeing... when instead it sounds like the trailers basically were depicting exactly what the show is and there isn't really more to see (until possibly the end).

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
I mean, just because it is a negative review of something you want to like doesn't mean it's worthless. Surely you can see why asking viewers to sit through 5 weeks of riffs on sitcoms before finally getting to the stuff they care about may be a hard ask. (Assuming those leaks are correct)

Personally I'm still optimistic the show will be enjoyable. And going in I am ready to embrace the weirdness. But the trailers pretty much left me not knowing what to expect, assuming there was something more to what I was seeing... when instead it sounds like the trailers basically were depicting exactly what the show is and there isn't really more to see (until possibly the end).

Im joking because I never click on any of their reviews before.
Speaking for myself, I can forgive tv series for start a little slow set things up if it ends up coming together. Legion had a amazing start, and ended up like wer fart. I didnt like Good Place that much until season 1 finale.

Wandavision promos are just the same clip playing over and over. I guess they only showed footages from the first 3 eps. Honesty if it is not from MCU, no one will have any patience for it.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tvline.com

Law & Order: Annabella Sciorra to Reprise Criminal Intent Role on SVU

'Law and Order: SVU': Annabella Sciorra will reprise her 'Criminal Intent' role in Season 22 of the NBC procedural.

Carolyn Barek is back on duty.

Annabella Sciorra will bring her Law & Order: Criminal Intent character to Law & Order: SVU this season, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Sciorra played Det. Barek, a Major Crimes officer and partner to Chris Noth's Det. Mike Logan, in Season 5 of Criminal Intent. She left at the end of that season, which aired in 2005-2006; in a later episode, a line of dialogue hinted at tension between Logan and his former colleague.

All these years later, Barek is now a lieutenant in the Bronx Special Victims Unit. She'll show up on SVU when she forms a join task force with Capt. Olivia Benson and the Manhattan SVU to hunt down a series rapist who has struck in both boroughs.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
Any news on Saved by the Bell getting renewed? Used a Peacock trial to go through the whole thing, and I actually really enjoyed it. Took a much different angle than the original, but the story and jokes actually worked.

Just binged all season 1, it was so good. And I don't even know anything about the original version.
Devante and Lexi totally end up together right? If not, they need to fix it.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Just binged all season 1, it was so good. And I don't even know anything about the original version.
Devante and Lexi totally end up together right? If not, they need to fix it.

The original was some neon, early 90s cheese, but was always the before/after school show I'd watch re-runs on over and over. I can see how newcomers can enjoy it, but the old call backs and references are pretty good.

All you need to do is check out the Zack Morris is Trash series. You know he's a scheming (but charming) brat when you're young and watch it, but *whew* it puts it into perspective :p

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Some shocking statistics from GLAAD.

Similarly, GLAAD notes that "out power players" Greg Berlanti, Lena Waithe and Ryan Murphy, along with Shonda Rhimes, this year accounted for 17% of all LGBTQ representation, with 62 of the 360 characters (across broadcast, cable and streaming) appearing on their 16 series.

Among broadcast networks, The CW for a fourth season in a row posted the highest percentage of LGBTQ series regular characters (14.2%); ABC placed second with 9.9%. Only Fox saw an increase (from 7.9% to 8.5%), followed by NBC's 8.3%. CBS continues to be the least inclusive of the broadcast networks, dropping from 5.5% last year to just 2.9%.

Considering Legends of Tomorrow's Sara to be part of an ensemble, GLAAD says that The CW's Batwoman is now the only broadcast show with an LGBTQ lead character.

tvline.com

GLAAD: TV's LGBTQ Representation Dipped Amid Pandemic, Because Too Few Shows Do Too Much of the Work

GLAAD’s “Where We Are on TV” report this year notes that the number of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender and queer characters has slightly decreased — due in part to how the pandemic si…

Oct 25, 2017

tvline.com

GLAAD: TV's LGBTQ Representation Dipped Amid Pandemic, Because Too Few Shows Do Too Much of the Work

GLAAD’s “Where We Are on TV” report this year notes that the number of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender and queer characters has slightly decreased — due in part to how the pandemic si…
" Considering Legends of Tomorrow's Sara to be part of an ensemble, GLAAD says that The CW's Batwoman is now the only broadcast show with an LGBTQ lead character. "

guess the 911 and 911 Lone Star casts don't count or something, TK and Hen should count imo.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam

tvline.com

Before CW became Berlanti's network, ABC was the gayest channel. That's why I loved them.
CBS gonna CBS though, last time I saw the complains was that it was too white LOL.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
" Considering Legends of Tomorrow's Sara to be part of an ensemble, GLAAD says that The CW's Batwoman is now the only broadcast show with an LGBTQ lead character. "

guess the 911 and 911 Lone Star casts don't count or something, TK and Hen should count imo.
Aren't 911 and 911 Lone Star also ensemble shows though? Or at least I know Rob Lowe's character is the main one in 911 Lone Star and is straight, so they'd fall under the same umbrella as Legends of Tomorrow.

I think they were referring to shows that have a clear main character like Batwoman where you can point to one central character that carries the show.

Anyway, here's Thursday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2021-Jan-14-THU.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-thursday-network-scorecard-1-14-2021.html

Joni

Oct 27, 2017

If they're discounting the current highest billed actor on Legends of Tomorrow as being part of an ensemble; then the third billed on Lone Star doesn't count. Rob Lowe is the lead of that.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Dungeons & Dragons’ Series in the Works With ‘John Wick’ Writer (Exclusive)

Derek Kolstad, the creator and writer behind the John Wick franchise, has been tapped to pen and develop a pitch for a live-action series based on the Dungeons & Dragons universe.
Hope they get a good DM.

The problem of a D&D show is that it's basically like watching someone else's campaign except without the charisma of Critical Role?

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
For All Mankind Season 2 Trailer

Very excited! I hope we start getting into more crazy sci-fi stuff as the timelines diverge.

The director of Beanpole is filming the pilot for Last of Us. Great WWII character study but that's a huge jump in scope. Also looks like his first English language production.

www.comingsoon.net

Kantemir Balagov Set to Helm The Last of Us Series Pilot

Though initially setting Johan Renck to helm the pilot, marking a reunion between the Chernobyl director and creator Craig Mazin, HBO has tapped Kantemir Balagov (Beanpole) to helm the first episode of The Last of Us series adaptation as Renck has exited due to a scheduling conflict.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Just a reminder that Season 5 of The Magicians hit Netflix today, making the entire series available to binge now. One of the more underrated shows the past few years imo, as it was able to blend a lot of elements together with a great ensemble to create real magic.

Margo-Hanson-the-magicians-40330470-300-169.gif

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
Very excited! I hope we start getting into more crazy sci-fi stuff as the timelines diverge.

The director of Beanpole is filming the pilot for Last of Us. Great WWII character study but that's a huge jump in scope. Also looks like his first English language production.

www.comingsoon.net

Kantemir Balagov Set to Helm The Last of Us Series Pilot

Though initially setting Johan Renck to helm the pilot, marking a reunion between the Chernobyl director and creator Craig Mazin, HBO has tapped Kantemir Balagov (Beanpole) to helm the first episode of The Last of Us series adaptation as Renck has exited due to a scheduling conflict.
Interesting pick. Could be amazing if done right.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Just a reminder that Season 5 of The Magicians hit Netflix today, making the entire series available to binge now. One of the more underrated shows the past few years imo, as it was able to blend a lot of elements together with a great ensemble to create real magic.

I completely petered out after season 4. My DVR got all of 5 and I just wound up deleting it. Maybe a long time from now I'll finish it though. Feels weird to leave a series one season away from completion

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I completely petered out after season 4. My DVR got all of 5 and I just wound up deleting it. Maybe a long time from now I'll finish it though. Feels weird to leave a series one season away from completion

I would say it is worth watching and thought they did a good job in following up on the events of Season 4.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

I know you had good intentions but it's a huge pet peeve of mine when people just say "X series hit Y service" forgetting that those services are different in various regions :(

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I know you had good intentions but it's a huge pet peeve of mine when people just say "X series hit Y service" forgetting that those services are different in various regions :(
Heh, I've long since accepted that the US centric bias in this thread is inevitable.

It's most amusing when the streaming numbers get posted or the Netflix top 10s, since those are essentially meaningless considering Netflix has to cater to their entire sub base, not just the US base. This isn't like the days of old where US networks decided what got made and what got cancelled.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017

Yeah, I just wanted to spotlight the show as I miss what it brought to the table. Hopefully it 's a part of Brazilian Netflix or comes there, if I recall where you are located.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Also, looks like High Maintenance isn't returning for a fifth season on HBO. Seems like the creators decided to explore other opportunities instead.
oh no :( I love that show. dammit.

R.I.P. The Guy - one of the best characters ever.
High maintenance is criminally underrated. I still haven't finished the most recent season but season 2 was some of the best tv of the year when it aired. I'm excited to see what they do next

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of January 17, 2021:

People sure do love their true crime documentaries, don't they?

1.) Night Stalker: The Hunt for a Serial Killer (Limited Series) (NEW)
2.) Bridgerton (Season 1)
3.) Lupin (Part 1)
4.) Henry Danger (Seasons 1-3) (NEW)
5.) LA's Finest (Season 1)
6.) Disenchantment (Parts 1-3) (NEW)
7.) Cobra Kai (Seasons 1-3)
8.) Cocomelon (Seasons 1-2)
9.) Jenni Rivera: Mariposa de Barrio - La Serie (Season 1)
10.) Bling Empire (Season 1) (NEW)

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
This week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of January 17, 2021:

People sure do love their true crime documentaries, don't they?

1.) Night Stalker: The Hunt for a Serial Killer (Limited Series) (NEW)
2.) Bridgerton (Season 1)
3.) Lupin (Part 1)
4.) Henry Danger (Seasons 1-3) (NEW)
5.) LA's Finest (Season 1)
6.) Disenchantment (Parts 1-3) (NEW)
7.) Cobra Kai (Seasons 1-3)
8.) Cocomelon (Seasons 1-2)
9.) Jenni Rivera: Mariposa de Barrio - La Serie (Season 1)
10.) Bling Empire (Season 1) (NEW)

Not a great spot for Disenchantment. Unless its super cheap to make, it seems unlikely to get a fourth season.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Not a great spot for Disenchantment. Unless its super cheap to make, it seems unlikely to get a fourth season.

They've been splitting their seasons in half and releasing them, so this new batch is the first part of season 2 so they'll get to release the second half at least. Otherwise not sure if it's doing well enough for a season 3

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
We just started Disenchantment's new episodes and it's amazing how much we forgot happened last season. I enjoy the show but it could get cancelled and I wouldn't mourn it.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
We just started Disenchantment's new episodes and it's amazing how much we forgot happened last season. I enjoy the show but it could get cancelled and I wouldn't mourn it.
90% of Netflix shows.

Sometimes I click on a show that looks interesting only to find out I've already watched it.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Film Crit Hulk wrote something interesting this week about how Netflix's format does that. "In essence, a full season dump starts and ends its own conversation."