CrabDust

Nov 16, 2017
With the 22nd pick in the 2019 draft, the Ravens select Garrett Bradbury Center, NC State.

Baltimore officially enters the LJ era by going out and getting the best pure center in the draft and the best prospect at the position since Matt Birk in their 2012 SB run.

Bradbury is smart, fast, and strong with 34 reps and a 4.9 40. He excels in all blocking situations which will give Lamar the time and space to let pass plays develop and break one if it's there. Signing Yanda to a 1 year extension this offseason gives them the flexibility to go center here and with this pick, the Ravens have drafted one of the best young lines in the league inside and out.

Oct 27, 2017

With the 20th pick in the NFL-era-2019-mock-draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select Andraez "Greedy" Williams, cornerback, LSU. The Steelers upgrade the corner position with a raw, but big and very athletic player. His youth and physical traits are too tempting to pass up at this position in the draft. Tomlin will likely make Greedy watch from the sidelines while instilling in him the need to play more aggressively against the run. Joe Haden can mentor the young man in the nuances of the position while preparing him to take his job.

Big ups to DeaconKnowledge

You're the man Chuck. I just work here.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
Texans have forfeited their pick in this mock draft in exchange for TY Hilton to not destroy them in a game of their choosing.

Deleted member 171

Oct 25, 2017
Lotta linemen gone, but I think they go with Greg Little, OT from OIe Miss.

OP
OP
Himynameischris
Oct 25, 2017
With the 24th pick of the 2019 NFL Draft, the Raiders select Clelin Ferrell DE, Clemson

reason: we have no pass rush and he's the best edge prospect still available.

The Philadelphia Eagles are on the clock Hindl kylecoley182 They have 10 pm PST to submit their pick

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I have the pick in mind but I know we have a lot of Eagles fans on here that weren't involved, namely effzee and yankeeh8er. So if you want any input PM me and I'll tell you what I'm thinking. Otherwise I'll post it at 10 EST

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
With the 25th pick in the NFL draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S, Florida

As pretty much every mock draft expert has said, the Eagles secondary was a disaster last season. So it makes surface level sense that they often mock CBs to the Eagles. But the Eagles CB room was decimated by injuries, they played their 10th CB of the season in the playoff game against the Saints. They have a lot of young talent there that hopefully won't all die again this year, so it's best to let that shake out. However, the safety room needs reinforcements. A major issue for the Eagles secondary was the loss of Rodney McLeod early in the season. The Eagles had no safety depth behind McLeod and Jenkins. They trotted out ancient ass Corey Graham, with 4th round CB Avonte Maddox also getting a lot of action at safety, a position he had never played before. Additionally, the Eagles play a lot of 3 safety sets, so the 3rd safety will see a lot of time. And on top of this, Jenkins is 32 and McLeod is 30, coming off an ACL injury, and a FA next year. Ideally a top OL or DL would've dropped to 25 and the Eagles would target someone like Juan Thornhill or Darnell Savage in the 2nd, but with all the other targets off the board, safety becomes the best pick.

Nasir Adderley was another consideration here, but Johnson is my personal Safety 1 and also the safety I think the Eagles will prefer. He played in bigger competition and also is incredibly versatile. He's comfortable in either man or zone coverage, and is really versatile due to his corner experience, something Jim Schwartz loves. He's a physical player and still has so much room to grow. He does have some inconsistency and can't really be trusted yet with single high responsibilities. But that makes him perfect for the Eagles, since he won't immediately need to lead the secondary and can instead learn and get experience when the Eagles run 3 safeties, with the ability to fully start if god forbid either Jenkins or McLeod gets hurt.

Stares at Alligatorjandro

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
With the 26th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Indianapolis Colts proudly select Jerry Tillery, defensive tackle from Notre Dame University.
8f0e75f7eca24a13a94ab47c09493a89.jpg

This was a group decision made between me, natjjohn and tyraniboah we believe Ballard would look to bolster the defensive line and Matt Eberflus would love Tillery on this line.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
With the 25th pick in the NFL draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S, Florida

As pretty much every mock draft expert has said, the Eagles secondary was a disaster last season. So it makes surface level sense that they often mock CBs to the Eagles. But the Eagles CB room was decimated by injuries, they played their 10th CB of the season in the playoff game against the Saints. They have a lot of young talent there that hopefully won't all die again this year, so it's best to let that shake out. However, the safety room needs reinforcements. A major issue for the Eagles secondary was the loss of Rodney McLeod early in the season. The Eagles had no safety depth behind McLeod and Jenkins. They trotted out ancient ass Corey Graham, with 4th round CB Avonte Maddox also getting a lot of action at safety, a position he had never played before. Additionally, the Eagles play a lot of 3 safety sets, so the 3rd safety will see a lot of time. And on top of this, Jenkins is 32 and McLeod is 30, coming off an ACL injury, and a FA next year. Ideally a top OL or DL would've dropped to 25 and the Eagles would target someone like Juan Thornhill or Darnell Savage in the 2nd, but with all the other targets off the board, safety becomes the best pick.

Nasir Adderley was another consideration here, but Johnson is my personal Safety 1 and also the safety I think the Eagles will prefer. He played in bigger competition and also is incredibly versatile. He's comfortable in either man or zone coverage, and is really versatile due to his corner experience, something Jim Schwartz loves. He's a physical player and still has so much room to grow. He does have some inconsistency and can't really be trusted yet with single high responsibilities. But that makes him perfect for the Eagles, since he won't immediately need to lead the secondary and can instead learn and get experience when the Eagles run 3 safeties, with the ability to fully start if god forbid either Jenkins or McLeod gets hurt.

Stares at Alligatorjandro

Great write up!

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm no good at writeups, but I liked Tillery and Wilkins quite a bit. The Colts needed some young bodies on the line, as of right now their projected starters are Jabaal Sheard, Margus Hunt, Denico Autry, and Justin Houston. That's obviously not a long-term solution on the line, despite all four being quality players. Tyquan Lewis and Kemoko Turay show some promise, but with Ferrell, Simmons, Wilkins, and Burns off the board (and with no real shot at Williams or Oliver), Tillery made sense over Lawrence, who was the other defensive lineman in consideration.

Tillery is also smaller, faster, and a better pass rusher than Lawrence, something we believed would be a more natural fit in Eberflus' speedy cover 2 scheme, where Autry and Hunt were quite productive rushing the passer as 4-3 defensive tackles. Tillery has some work to do against the run game though. Luckily the Colts have a stellar run defense in place already, and Ballard, Reich, and Eberflus all share a philosophy of rotating guys to keep them fresh. Tillery should be a day one contributor on the line, especially on passing downs.

OP
OP
Himynameischris
Oct 25, 2017
With the 27th pick of the 2019 NFL Mock Draft the Raiders Select Noah Fant TE, Iowa

Fitts Chan
TEs were well utilized in Gruden's offense last season. TE1 (and Carr's security blanket) Cook is gone, but Fant projects as one of the "next generation" weapons at the position. We considered Fant a better overall prospect than Ferrell and a better value at 24. However, we took into consideration that the Eagles and Colts could potentially target an edge defender and they had little need for a TE. Considering this draft doesn't include trades, taking Ferrell at 24 and Fant at 27 gave us a better chance and landing both of our priority targets. (along with our number one target in Quinnen Williams) Also, we're taking Fant so the Pats don't get him.

The LA Chargers Doom are on the clock, they have until tomorrow Noon to submit the pick (this is the last pick for tonight basically)

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I'm no good at writeups, but I liked Tillery and Wilkins quite a bit. The Colts needed some young bodies on the line, as of right now their projected starters are Jabaal Sheard, Margus Hunt, Denico Autry, and Justin Houston. That's obviously not a long-term solution on the line, despite all four being quality players. Tyquan Lewis and Kemoko Turay show some promise, but with Ferrell, Simmons, Wilkins, and Burns off the board (and with no real shot at Williams or Oliver), Tillery made sense over Lawrence, who was the other defensive lineman in consideration.

Tillery is also smaller, faster, and a better pass rusher than Lawrence, something we believed would be a more natural fit in Eberflus' speedy cover 2 scheme, where Autry and Hunt were quite productive rushing the passer as 4-3 defensive tackles. Tillery has some work to do against the run game though. Luckily the Colts have a stellar run defense in place already, and Ballard, Reich, and Eberflus all share a philosophy of rotating guys to keep them fresh. Tillery should be a day one contributor on the line, especially on passing downs.
Great points all around. Tillery was definitely the consensus pick in our giving situation.

OP
OP
Himynameischris
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you sir

With the 28th pick of the 2019 NFL Draft, the San Diego-Los Angeles-California Chargers select

Drew Lock, QB Missouri

With a star studded roster up and down the board, the Chargers can afford to take their QB of the future in the first round. Lock falling to them at 28 is a godsend, as he's a rocket armed passer with a ton of natural ability that just needs minor tweaking, not all too dissimilar to Rivers was when he was coming out of college. Getting a year or two to learn behind the aging Rivers will give him perspective on not only how to fine tune his mechanics from one of the quickest, cleanest throwers in the league, but it will also allow him to slowly slide into a leadership position.

In addition to learning the game from Rivers, Lock also gets an opportunity to learn about family life from him. Rivers is renowned across the league for his close ties to his family, and Drew Lock has already made headlines for how he's able to "turn off" football to give his family the proper attention. He'll have an opportunity to learn from one of the best in the game at that by landing in LA.

The Kansas City Chiefs and Hokahey are on the clock. They have until 2pm PST to submit their pick.

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
With the 29th pick in the 2019 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Tayler Rapp S Washington.

The Kansas City Chiefs were an overtime win away from the Super Bowl in 2018, a game in which the Patriots were able to march down the field with impunity in the overtime period.

The Chiefs secondary, especially in its inability to cover the tight end, was its Achilles heel in that game and others throughout the season.

Taylor Rapp brings sure tackling ability and a proven history of solid coverage on the TE , and pairs well with free agent signing Tyrann Mathieu into taking the Chiefs secondary from an area of major concern to one of strength.

Many mocks have the Chiefs taking a CB in the 1st round, but the emergence of Chavarious Ward in the final few games of the 2018 season, along with the addition of FA signing Bashaud Breeland make this a better unit than expected.

The other often cited area of need is EDGE, especially with the departure of Dee Ford and Justin Houston. I contend that Ford and Houston were afforded the opportunity to have great seasons because the opposing team offense was so often forced into a consistent one-dimensional passing scenario due to the Chiefs explosive offense. As such, I believe current roster players like Tanoh Kpassagnon, and the FA signings of Alex Okafor and Emmanuel Ogbah will be enough to fill this void.

foppy79

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Bonjour

With the 30th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select Nasir Adderley, Safety, Delaware

With the trade of HaHa Clinton-Dix in the middle of the season, the Packers admitted they needed to start over at safety. Enter Nasir, a raw, small school safety with amazing athletic ability and killed his senior bowl. He'll need some time to work out his inconsistencies, but considering the growth he has shown, this shouldn't be too big of an issue. With the signing of Adrian Amos to be the SS, Nasir will fit as the speedy, numbers-to-numbers FS any defense would kill to have. He's been compared to Earl Thomas for a reason.

May this run on safeties continue

CrabDust

Nov 16, 2017
Rivers will legally adopt Drew Lock-Rivers and teach him not only the ways of the world, but also how to cry on cue.