Deleted member 171

Oct 25, 2017
I think if this plays out this way, Denver takes Lock and then the Bengals take Haskins.
I dunno, Lock is basically young Cutler. They've already been down that road. Although Elway sucks at drafting QBs. I think it's all academic as Haskins will be a Giant.

Emiya777

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
I was originally gonna take Jonah Williams, but the Cincinnati Bungles Devin White LB out of LSU is too much of stud for me to pass up especially after Burfict leaving. White will be a lynchpin in the Defense for years to come.

foppy79

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
With the 12th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select Brian Burns, DE, Florida State

The Packers have been without a real pass rush threat since Clay Matthews stopped being a threat, and with his final departure, draft the near-perfect (I'd prefer Sweat but hey) replacement in Burns. A 6 foot 5 freak athlete, his speed and varied technique can end plays before they even begin. And with that athleticism and size, he can prove to be an asset in coverage as well, which is important in Pettine's 3-4 scheme (He calls it a hybrid but its basically 3-4). There are worries about his size, but these were alleviated at the combine when he weighed in at nearly 250 and still ran a 4.5. Hopefully, he can continue the rebuilding of a defense that hasn't been threatening to opposing offenses since the years following the super bowl.
Now please don't take my boy

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Going by this mock board I would be legitimately disappointed but not surprised if we took Gary if guys like Oliver or Devin White were still around at 6.

OP
OP
Himynameischris
Oct 25, 2017
With the 13th pick of the 2019 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select

Ed Oliver, DT Houston.

While I don't expect Oliver to be there at 13, the dolphins will focus this draft on rebuilding both sides of the lines while they stockpile draft capital to make a trade up for QB next year. Oliver would be a perfect start to stabilizing the inside of our Dline, shoring up our abysmal run defense and finally providing pressure from the inside to QBs (like that bitch ass brady). While I think the Dolphins are more likely to trade down than have Oliver fall down to them, after what happened with Tunsil, it's not out of the possibility.

The Atlanta Falcons and MRYEAH are on the clock, they have until 12pm PST to submit their pick.

silentg

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
Chris, Hindl, not sure if it will happen but I'm on central European time (+9). In case I'm asleep when my turn comes can I preferred picks on to you guys?

OP
OP
Himynameischris
Oct 25, 2017
Chris, Hindl, not sure if it will happen but I'm on central European time (+9). In case I'm asleep when my turn comes can I preferred picks on to you guys?
yeah of course just PM me what your top picks would be, you can do a write up after.

Ooh I'm speaking at a conference from 1pm-4pm might need a back-to-back on the Falcons pick
I don't wanna go Dennis Green here

Can you PM me your pick at least and you can submit your write up after?

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Fine, I'll make the pick then, fatties.

With the 14th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Atlanta Falcons select Jonah Williams, OG/OT, Alabama

The Falcons have numerous holes on both sides of the line, and picking Williams at #14 would at least help in solidifying the pass protection for Matt Ryan. Williams may not have the size/length of other offensive linemen who are predicted to go in the 1st round, but he's made up for it with his technique over the years at Alabama that helped to make him an All-American.

OP
OP
Himynameischris
Oct 25, 2017
Well this is a surprise

gif-chairshot.0.gif

Ok I guess the Redskins are up

TheFurizzlyBear DMVfan123 PlayALLTheGames

You have until 4pm PST to submit your pick.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Members representing the Redskins sent their pick to me:

With the 15th pick in the 1st round, the Washington Redskins select Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma

Writeup coming later

The Carolina Panthers are on the clock. Unfortunately the user that's is supposed to select for them is banned so it'll be a community mock unless one of Panthers Era wants to step up

Tankard

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
The Jaguars select TJ Hockenson, Iowa TE. They have needed a good and versatile tight end forever. He's a great pass-catcher, blocker, and has all the physical gifts needed. I think OL is so deep they can pick one early second or late first with a move. He opens up the passing game and allows them to run a heavier package more. This will help Fournette finally earn his pick.

My heart would pick Haskins, if only because that would at least guarantee the QB is fixed by one of the two, but my head can't make it work.

Good pick. My pick aswell, unfortunately i don't think old man will go for it.

Oct 27, 2017
With the 8th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft the Detroit Lions select....Jawaan Taylor from the University of Florida.

A lot of Lions fans will probably *sigh* at the prospect of using yet another first rounder on an offensive lineman but it makes sense especially with Sweat off the board. Taylor Decker will be coming up on a 5th year option which the team will probably pick up. At Right Tackle Rick Wagner has been Ok but has not lived up to the contract given to him. The Lions will save a ton in cap space by cutting him after next season which looks like it will happen if he continues to play the why he has played. Adding Taylor gives Bob Quinn and the staff a lot of flexibility in dealing with the offensive line. It also fills a need after T.J. Lang retired.

Jawaan is an athletic mauler of an offensive tackle and my favorite Tackle prospect. We could plug him at Guard right away and add to our offensive line depth. I still think we need to address the defensive line but there are plenty of prospects in Rounds 2 and 3 for that. I also think Devin White is a strong possibility here and a player I would prefer. However, considering the contractual issues that will be facing the offensive line I think Quinn will go offensive line with the talent on the board.

With Darrell Bevell as our offensive coordinator, Bob Quinn has made it known that we're being totally serial about running the ball this year guys. I'm holding out hope with Kerryon Johnson, C.J. Anderson and Zach Zenner. Offensive line depth and talent will make it a lot easier to run the ball and protect the franchise a.k.a. John Matthew Stafford.

Shout out to all of LionsERA. Restore the Roar 2019-2020.

Not going to lie I audibly gasped reading this.

You did a good job of convincing me though. An even better one if we can trade back and still get him.

OP
OP
Himynameischris
Oct 25, 2017
Here are the write ups for Washington

TheFurizzlyBear
The Redskins WR corps went from bad to worse this offseason. Losing Crowder to FA hurt but the lack of development from Doctson last season hurts the most. Marquise "Hollywood" Brown would provide a weapon at WR that the Skins have lacked since the departure of DeSean Jackson. Between himself and Paul Richardson Jr. the Skins would have a lot more flexibility in the passing game than they did last season. While I believe the option the Redskins choose here is "trade down," it would be to recoup some picks and still try and get Brown in the first. I do believe the Skins want Rosen more then they want to make it seem they do and with this move the Skins can get him (or Keenum (or Colt)) a player to do their best Rex Grossman impression with.

And DMVfan123
"The Redskins are desperate for a explosive playmaker who can score from anywhere on the field, and Marquise Brown fits that billing to a T. A receiver in the mold of Tyreek Hill and Desean Jackson, Brown can become one of the most fear-inducing offensive weapons in the league, as long as he adds muscle to his frame without sacrificing his awe-inspiring speed."

giphy.gif

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
I could go either way with those two. Dillard is better in pass protection and generally has more experience, while Cody Ford is a bit more balanced. But given that the Panthers rely on the short passing game a lot, I'd lean Dillard. Either would be a good pick up

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
With Daniel Jones and Drew Lock still available, it's a possible direction to go. However, the best defensive player available is the selection here.

Devin Bush, ILB

He joins his college teammate to re-energize the Giants defense.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
Striker is worse at this than Mech.
They could go QB at either spot. Given the status of the defense right now, they need impact players and guys who can start right away. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they went Jones or Lock at #6 even though that's early for both. Haskins is dropping at this rate. More realistic is them trading away a few of their 12 picks up from #17.

OP
OP
Himynameischris
Oct 25, 2017
Alright AllThingsPurple PM me his pick for the Vikings.

The Vikings take Cody Ford OL, Oklahoma

The Vikings need to address their woeful offensive line. Got to try and give Cousins a bit more time in the pocket and open some running lanes for Cook.

The Tennessee Titans have also submitted their pick silentg

The Titans select Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson

The Pittsburgh Steelers are on the clock chuckddd has until 9PM PST to submit their pick.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sending a pm right now to DK. I'll be in class for the next few hours, so don't wait with baited breath for a pick.

They could go QB at either spot. Given the status of the defense right now, they need impact players and guys who can start right away. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they went Jones or Lock at #6 even though that's early for both. Haskins is dropping at this rate. More realistic is them trading away a few of their 12 picks up from #17.

Meh. I think most of the Haskins dropping stuff is smoke pouring out from teams' front offices. As a prospect, I like him better than Rosen, Allen and Jackson from last year. Haskins might throw the best deep ball I've seen in a while. If I needed a qb to start immediately, I'd probably go with Lock. If I'm the Giants and I can sit a young guy for a while, I take Haskins. All that said, I'm not privy to any of the interviews or medical stuff, so maybe there's an issue.

Kas'

Oct 26, 2017
Not going to lie I audibly gasped reading this.

You did a good job of convincing me though. An even better one if we can trade back and still get him.

Yeah, in hindsight I don't know if that is the pick if Devin White is on board. I am starting to regret it tbh even though it would still be a solid pick.

Lions need playmakers on both sides of the ball. An offensive lineman is not going to make plays. Still a necessity and need though. Still hope we trade back.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017

With the 20th pick in the NFL-era-2019-mock-draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select Andraez "Greedy" Williams, cornerback, LSU. The Steelers upgrade the corner position with a raw, but big and very athletic player. His youth and physical traits are too tempting to pass up at this position in the draft. Tomlin will likely make Greedy watch from the sidelines while instilling in him the need to play more aggressively against the run. Joe Haden can mentor the young man in the nuances of the position while preparing him to take his job.

Big ups to DeaconKnowledge

foppy79

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Damn Hollywood went to Washington
My best case scenario for the packers I think is Sweat and Ford/Hollywood, but makes sense he goes that high, despite his injury he's still a hell of a WR

silentg

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
Here's my brief write-up for the Titans pick:

After a fairly productive free agency, the titans have few desperately glaring needs, and go into this draft conservatively. TE Noah Fant was a tempting option to support an aging / injured Delanie Walker, but believe they go defensive line to shore up a poor run defence. Dexter Lawrence was considered but overall the more versatile Christian Wilkins, who would be more capable of playing across the line, gives solid support to Jurrell Casey.

As a UK Bears fan, thanks for letting me take part!

Oct 27, 2017
Lions need playmakers on both sides of the ball. An offensive lineman is not going to make plays. Still a necessity and need though. Still hope we trade back.

I'm a lot higher on a WR than a lot of Lions seem to be. Essentially we need a guard, receiver, TE, Edge and CB. I just can't decide which of those we can wait until round 4 for. Really hope we can trade back, add another day 2 pick and just go BPA in the first from those positions.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Ok lets continue,

The Seattle Seahawks and cdyhybrid are on the clock, they have until Noon PST to submit their pick.
The Seattle Seahawks select Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State.

In actuality, they'll be trading down here unless someone really crazy (like top-5-to-10 overall pick crazy) drops to them because they only have four draft picks, and Pete and John would rather have more picks and find gems in the later rounds, but Simmons is the pick here for a few reasons.

1) They don't really draft skill position players this high outside of Penny last year.
2) They don't need a QB.
3) They believe in their ability to develop later-round guys in the secondary since that's Pete's specialty.
4) Simmons is immensely talented and was very productive in college, even when compared to his draft classmates in a historic DL class.

He'd combine with Jarran Reed to give them two monster inside presences on the DL. He had an off-field incident where he was apparently caught on camera assaulting a woman, but the Seahawks A) picked Frank Clark, B) are potentially about to give Frank Clark a boatload of money, and C) are an NFL team, so I'm not expecting that to actually change anything.